Start by marking “Plants of the Devil” as Want to Read:
Plants of the Devil

Plants of the Devil

Plants of the Devil examines the history and magic of herbs associated with Satan and his minions, delving into the folklore of ancient Europe and the British Isles. Examined in the book are the diabolical concept of the Wild Adversary and the Devil's Garden, Temptation, plants that harm and curse such as Blackberry, Stinging Nettle, Briar Rose, and Thistle, Poisonous Plan ...more
Paperback
Published August 1st 2017 by Three Hands Press

To ask other readers questions about Plants of the Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plants of the Devil

Nightshade Purplebroom
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and love how Boyer weaves traditional folklore with modern traditional witchcraft ideas- these are the kinds of books which I long to line my bookshelves with.

I only wish the book were longer, as I was left wanting more and more- I know Three Hands Press like their small manuals. Boyer does give many points of reference though, so I will follow the threads where I can.

These are not the kinds of books for people who wish to be spoonfed information, but rather they
Katherine Simmons
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
No new folklore nor ideas than what is widely available out there.
Bridgette
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very encouraging yet reasonably cautionary book on the history and relations of plants, herbs and The Old One from all across the globe. One for enjoyment rather than reference for practice if you were to chose between the two. Yet it is certainly one I’d recommend if you were interested in the Path of The Adversary or simply baneful plants.
Nicholas Pearson
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Plants of the Devil is a wonderful book full of folklore, legend, and historical uses of plants associated with the darker sides of magick and healing. What I loved most of all were the poignant and poetic insights from the author herself; the personal experiences and observations she shares help bring the historical material into the present day.
Stephanie Blair
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Favorite quote: "Uncommon knowledge revealed has within it both threads of truth and illusion woven tightly together. It is only through the power and personal practice of the Sorcerer where an unraveling occurs, where the strands of numen can be discovered, embodied, and integrated."
Justin
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent overview of plants used in relation to Satan, very helpful to the modern satanic witch. Sources are excellent cited, illustrations are wonderful, and a helpful index is included.
Jenn Lui
Jake Mcivry
Mar 19, 2018
C
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An interesting and poetic take on the relationship between humans and plants that can harm as well as heal. More interesting however is the way in which folklore has associated many of these plants with the powers of evil—not only poisons but helpful plants have been maligned because of traditional uses by the cunning folk. The author invites you to explore your own relationship with these plants, learning from them not only through praxis but also meditative contemplation of their lives and spi ...more
Spencer