Start by marking “Saga: Book Two” as Want to Read:
Saga: Book Two

Saga: Book Two

(Saga (Collected Editions) #4-6)

At long last, it’s finally time for the second hardcover collection of Saga, the New York Times best-selling series praised by everyone from Alan Moore to Lin-Manuel Miranda!

Created by the multiple Eisner Award-winning team of artist Fiona Staples (Mystery Society, North 40, Archie Comics) and writer Brian K. Vaughan (The Private Eye, Paper Girls, We Stand On Guard), Saga
Hardcover, Deluxe Edition, 504 pages
Published May 2nd 2017 by Image Comics

Taylan Berk
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Such a great space opera, such storytelling; it has everything, it promises everything and it cleverly delivers. I can't wait to see what else it got in its sleeves.

a more in-depth review will come when I'm feeling calmer about this series.
Donovan

What a wonderful balance to the series. Characters develop and change more deeply, there's even more humor and good times, and more vulgarity and social commentary, even briefly upon transsexuality and homosexuality. The sheer diversity is exquisite.

A friend of mine asked me where this series is going, and that's a valid question. Unity, I think is the simplest answer. Chaos rules this series. Tragedies abound. But I think it's really about family, coming together, what it means, and the love a
Brandon St Mark
Hazel is such a cute kid, and I love Squire finally coming into the story. Also Petrichor is amazing too. Really all of the characters are well done in this series, those are just some that I like even more.

Original review: Brilliant, amazing, stunning, and whatever else that Lady Gaga meme says.

Saga is one of the best graphic novels/comics being published currently, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
Richard
We pick up again with our heroes as they try their hand at living a normal life on the planet Gardenia, with Marco taking up stay-at-home-dad duties while Alana wins the bread as an actor in shitty tv shows on the Open Circuit. Oh and Hazel is a toddler!

The first part here is really great as we tightly focus on the relationship between Alana and Marco and it becomes a wonderful look at how doubts, trust and insecurity can strain a marriage even outside of the fact that the two are star-crossed l
Unabridged Bibliophile
I had been reading this for a while, but now just got around to finishing it. It goes without saying it's great.
Ava Jae
I love this series so much. So so much.

Also waiting for book three next year is gonna be killer.
Kayla (onthefritz)
Don't mind me... just crying at work.
Cathy
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very nice edition with some extras at the end.

Volume 4, Chapters 19-24, 5 stars:

Excellent. This volume was really good. Lots of action, the plot had some great developments, I really liked it. A little darker, family life, drugs, the ending of the last chapter was a nice cliffhanger.

Volume 5, Chapters 25-30, 4 stars:

Lots of drugs, some sex, reflection on the bad things people do during war, redemption... Some people got reunited. Some didn’t. Some were healed, some weren‘t.
Let’s not forget the
Lost in Book Land
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want to say that I absolutely love Saga! I just recently finished reading the second Saga book (so a bunch of volumes put into one) and I really loved it (maybe even more than the first).

SPOILERS AHEAD

In this book of Saga, we pick up right where we last left our crew, in a lot of trouble (like always). Our main family is trying to live a normal life on a planet, hiding out from their hunters. However, what they do not know is the hunters are on kind of their own journeys at this point. (I real
Rob
I'm continuing to collect the Deluxe Hardcover versions. This collection includes issues 19-36.

I originally borrowed volumes 4-6 in trade paperback from the library. You can read my reviews of those below.

Volume 4
Volume 5
Volume 6
Lewis Szymanski
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Saga: Book Two contains chapters nineteen through thirty-six plus about 30 pages of additional content. The additional content is guest art and interviews with the guest artists.

This book took me a long time to read. Partly because I was purposely reading it slowly, partly because book two is darker and more uncomfortable than book one. Still excellent.

Someone needs to write A Nite Time Smoke by D. Oswald Heist. Something like what Philip José Farmer did with Venus on the Half-Shell by Kilgore
Ksenia
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
image from Saga Book 2

I love this series, I can't wait for more. Few things are more enjoyable to me than an afternoon with an engrossing comic book.
Cheese
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Massive degradation in story from the first 3 volumes. I really struggled with most of this. There were some saving graces, but over all I think i'm done with this series.
Renee Smith
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this graphic novel so much. The storylines are great. This family has been through so much, I am so glad they found their baby this time. They have so many out of this world characters. I cant wait to read the next one. I give this 5 out of 5 stars.
RB
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fucking amazing. Review later.
Mindi
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series! Wow, this series has totally drawn me in. I adore everything about it, and I can't wait for more issues. I'm so invested in the lives of these characters! There isn't a single character that I'm not invested in, and if you asked me to pick a favorite it would be impossible. I could just sit here and rave all night about this series, but instead I'm just going to say that this one you need to read. It's fantastic.
Stephanie (aka WW)
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Curse you, Saga, for making me care so much about your characters.
Katy
I waited a long time to get my hands on this and it was well worth the wait. Wow. Saga is so beautifully drawn and written. The scope of imagination that has gone into this series is unparalleled. I love so much about this book- the characters are fantastic, the scenery, the little ruminations about parenting and life. How can a book with aliens on every page be so full of realness? It’s fiercely feminist, creative and magical and it tears my heart wide open.

“Yeah, she wasn’t always perfect...
Chrissy Wilson
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is just the best!
Wade
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Soooo good! I love the characters, both appreciating old characters as they evolve and appreciate the steady flow of new ones being introduced! I wish this book had more of Lying Cat in it, buy there is such a bevy of new and interesting creatures to take up pannels (of which I think Ghüs is my fav) that it is hard to complain! Vaughan continues to do a beautiful job of balancing his wildly imaginative story telling, fascinating insights, and surprising hilarity in a way that hits me just right! ...more
Ashley Morissette
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best way to read this is to straight binge them, though I’m left with a sense of dread now that it’s over and I have to wait until next month when I can binge again, but Saga keeps me wanting more and more. I love everything about them: the art, the story, the characters, the weirdness and shock value, but mostly everything bundled up nicely together.

10/10 would recommend 😂🙌😍
Rebecca
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GR Summer Reading Challenge-Expert Level
Sun, Moon, and Stars: Read a book that takes place in outer space.

Love, love, love this story. Phenomenal scifi; can't wait to see where this goes in the future!
Rollin
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Two here actually gets to where I had fallen off the wagon, and every new issue hurt and thrilled a little bit more. The deaths, the friendships, the close calls... There's nothing else quite like Saga on the market at the moment, and I can't wait for more.
Brian
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
In book two of this fantastic comic series we have a lot more of the same: aliens, death, romance, and dirty stuff. The book doesn’t shy away from being both graphic, lewd and gross at times but continues to amaze me with its beautiful artwork and captivating writing.
Emzy Kay
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this series. It's funny, witty, disturbed but really all round such a cute and good story. The characters are mostly all very likeable.
Trish Stineman
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay okay so I read these as individual volumes but each one was fantastic and of course I was left wanting more of Alana and Marko and Hazel and all.
Lor
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ugh, I love this graphic novel so, so much.
Aildiin
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Already read the single issues but Saga is so good that once in a while you have to re-read it and this is the perfect medium for it.
Bret Weber
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The saga continues to impress with originality, humor, blood, and unexpectedness. I can't get enough and eagerly await the next omnibus.
Jeff Lewonczyk
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've grown very invested in this series - it scratches all the right itches.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Lumberjanes: To the Max Edition, Vol. 2
  • Monstress #7
  • Fables: The Deluxe Edition, Book Three
  • The Autumnlands, Vol. 2: Woodland Creatures
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes

Saga (Collected Editions) (9 books)
  • Saga, Vol. 1