Start by marking “Tamar & PJ One Giant Adventure” as Want to Read:
Tamar & PJ One Giant Adventure

Read Book

Tamar & PJ One Giant Adventure

PJ's weekend began like any other, but his sense of tranquility was mere illusion. Hunted down and poisoned by a wicked humanoid strain, PJ slowly loses his health and sanity as a lone giant races to save him.

After centuries of solitude Tamar's decision to save PJ has unforeseen consequences. He unwittingly kills Krell, the vorteh Emperor's son and heir to the throne,
Published November 28th 2016 by World Castle Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tamar & PJ One Giant Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tamar & PJ One Giant Adventure

Start your review of Tamar & PJ One Giant Adventure
Kimmie
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
"Tamar & PJ: One Giant Adventure" by Mark Geatches is a highly enjoyable book. Although it is geared toward middle grade readers, I (as an adult) found it action-packed and engaging. Both main characters (Tamar and PJ) are realistic and well-drawn. I especially enjoyed reading the giant's perspective and learning more about his life, technology, and Bigfoot-related antics.

The story starts off quickly, and doesn't let up. Readers of all ages will enjoy the non-stop action and clever dialog.
Jessica Secrest
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys good guys and monsters, a little sci-fi and high tech.
Tamar and PJ
One Giant Adventure
by Mark E. Geatches
Review by Jessica Secrest

This story is so much fun. The first chapter pulls you in and makes you want to read it. PJ and his dog are out raking the leaves. There is a song on the breeze. Brutus runs off to investigate, but comes running back to PJ with his tail between his legs. PJ goes into the house and doesn't finish his chores. The song lures him back into the woods.
How much of this intriguing story can I share without giving away
Aly
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had a wonderful adventure with this book. The characters were well-written and believable to me. This book was fast paced and just a fun read for me. *This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review.*
Meg
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Shalini Ayre
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
A whisper, a seemingly sweet serenade coming from the woods behind PJs home is the start of this captivating adventure.

Afraid, yet compelled to follow the sound, the curiosity of a young boy leads to him meeting an extraordinary person. But, not before he realizes he is suddenly being hunted. Just as he fears for his life PJ awakens in a darkened room. He slowly makes his way to what he believes is a door. However, he is amazed at the size of the steps that take him to this door. When he opens
Jordan
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vivid, creative, and filled with twists and turns at every corner, newcomer Mark F. Geatches does a great job keeping the reader engaged from cover to cover in his debut teen / young adult novel, Tamar & PJ: One Giant Adventure.

In the story of Tamar & PJ: One Giant Adventure PJ rescues Tamar, a primeval lonesome giant, from what is sure to be his certain untimely death. Following PJs heroic save, Tamar and PJ become the best of friends. Tamar and the Geber race are a technology savvy
Athena
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenagers and Science Fiction/Fantasy Readers
Recommended to Athena by: Dora Jackson
A Great Read for Any Science Fiction Fan Out There

Fun, fantastic, and full of adventure, Mark E. Geathchess Tamer and PJ: One Giant Adventure is a great, fast-paced read for anyone who is looking for a good, complex, science fiction story with engaging characters and references to popular culture such as Star Trek, Malcolm in the Middle, and Elvis Presley.

I love the relationship between PJ and Tamer. It reminds me a bit of the relationship between Hogarth and the Iron Giant from Brad Birds The
Jen McOwen
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love books that surprise me. When I first starting reading this book about an adventurous 14-year-old boy and mythical creatures, I had wondered how interesting it could be to me, a 34-year-old stay-at-home mom. I am so glad I didnt go with my first instinct because I was instantly transported to an unknown world of adventure that was so fun and engaging! Even with jokes that would be of more interest to young boys (regarding Star Trek or passing gas), I still found myself enjoying the content ...more
Jessie Hayes
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect book for a teen/YA. Tamar and PJs adventure held many twists (that I did not see coming) and it kept you guessing what would come next. The author described the areas and scenes in a great detail so you could visualize the characters and what was happening the entire book. I could literally visualize every step they were taking and, in my mind, see what they saw.
Part 1 of the book was the start of a great friendship and partnership. Tamar and PJ are the most vastly different
Elaine
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tamar and PJ One Giant Adventure is an adventurous, highly enjoyable and well-written tale with believable characters. Both main characters, Tamar and PJ, are realistic and well-developed throughout the story. It is a fantasy, suitable for middle grade readers, about a boy who finds himself facing a near death experience. He eventually falls into a coma while a lonely giant races to save him. The giant becomes a very likeable character. A valuable lesson learned in this adventure is that ...more
Kelly Santucci
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story of Tamar and PJ is captivating, fun, and most definitely different from your typical heroic duos. The heroic ventures the two go on creates a unique friendship between man and giant. The two fight against long odds to defeat the terrifying vorteh race that threatens human peace and existence. Though the story is told from multiple viewpoint, which typically isn't my favorite style, I could still not put the book down. The fact that it is told from multiple viewpoints gives a ...more
Veronica
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tamar and PJ One Giant Adventure by the very talented Mark. F. Geatches starts off with PJ hearing a voice calling to him. Afraid he runs home, but soon finds himself wanting to know who or what is calling to him. He soon finds the voice belongs to Tamar a giant (also known as the Geber race) watching Star Trek. After PJ saves Tamar they decided to continue their adventures together with a bond forming between the two.
Tamar and PJ One Giant Adventure has a lot of messages including bravery,
Carrie Westmoreland Kurtz
When I received a review request for this book I went back and forth about it a bit. While I do like retelling, and this one is kind of a Jack and the Beanstalk retelling, I just wasnt completely sold. I decided to try it and now here I am posting a review!

Tamar and PJ: One Great Adventure is filled with excitement and fun. I enjoyed the writing most of the time but, sometimes it felt somewhat confusing because of the different perspectives.

Overall, this book was pretty good. While it wasnt
Sam
Jun 29, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
*I received a copy from the author in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own.*
I have been trying to get through this book for a few weeks now. Im never able to get very far in before I get bored. This just wasnt something I wasnt interested in. It was very slow and I found it boring. I wasnt able to make it all the way through. It wouldnt be fair for me to give it a review or rating based on the small amount I didnt end up reading.
Carolyn Rochester
Aug 29, 2018
Shalini Ayre
Aug 21, 2018
Mark Geatches
Dec 02, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Emma Donovan
marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2018
CrimsonFlamez
marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2018

• The Bearer's Burden (Phantom Pact #1)
  • Culture Man
  • Motorbikes and Camels
Mark began writing fiction in 2010. What began as an experiment quickly became a labor of love. Writing allows him an outlet for his unpredictable imagination, as well as an excuse to spend even more of his time listening to music. Mark finds music and writing the perfect mental connection; the nexus of focus and inspiration.

Marks website, markwritesfiction.com, has links to his published short

News & Interviews