Start by marking “Gingerbread (Protectors #2)” as Want to Read:
Gingerbread (Protectors #2)

Gingerbread

(Protectors #2)

"I've been hurt too many times...I'm not giving my heart away again."

Alex MacElhaney doesn't know what to do with children. He's more than satisfied with his two English Setters, Molly and Duke, and his fledgling bakery business. But when an emergency with his sister in law's family leaves him in charge of his two nephews in the weeks leading up to Christmas, Alex buckle
Published November 7th 2016 by LoveLight Press

To ask other readers questions about Gingerbread, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gingerbread

Start your review of Gingerbread (Protectors #2)
Denise H.
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** This is a wonderful tale of re-united lovers near Christmastime. ***
It's sweet, mushy, and loving !
Perfect for a holiday romance, with terrific kids,
awesome dogs,
and the love of a cop and a baker.

We see Logan and Reed again, from the book, Protector, which is nice. Alex has returned from Pastry school in Paris and now owns a Bakery.

Kellan is a hunky cop, who answers the 911 - bakery robbery call. Kellan is still closeted to the police and family. We have strong, lovable men, an intere
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Okay Kellen, the cop meets the one that got away, Alex. They both want the same thing but they have to find a way to get there out of their own heads. The children, Alex's nephews are used blessedly sparingly but well. I would have loved to have had more Reed time. I felt there were one too many booty calls and wow, I was glad when Kellen pulled his head out of his self-pity-baby boy-thing. I'm giving 4-stars to each scene, not about Kellen & his parents. The epilogue was overly sugary for me.
Wh
Beth
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
The potential was here for a great book but dear god does this book need an editor! Nothing bothers me more than having my head taken out of a story due to typos, grammar errors, story inconsistencies or writing that makes no sense. This book needs serious cleaning up and editing by an American considering it takes place in San Francisco. If you aren’t an American author then you ought to have an American editor or proofreader to fix your errors. It’s just too jarring for the story to have these ...more
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
I enjoyed it but nothing really stood out so it isn't one I'll really remember later. Still a sweet, and enjoyable Christmas read. ...more
Ricardo
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Perfect name for this cookie cutter story. Very average, nothing new, original, or exceptional. Mildly entertaining
K Cherry
Nov 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Ok but repetitive.

This book was ok, and I thought it was going to go a different route as time went on, which would have been great. I got very tired very quickly of Kellen going on and on about it hurting his dad too much if he came out. While I can imagine this can be hard to do, it just irritated me how he whined and whined about not being able to get married and have children because he was gay and in the closet. I just wanted to say, "man up." Live your life for yourself...after all, that'
Tj
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ku
This is the little book that tried. It is a good idea but falls short. The story lack complexity. Alex comes across as this hand wringing weakling who needs a big strong man to save him and solve his problems.

Logan is supposed to be a cop. If your main character is a police officer and you are including some of the on-the-job scenes in the book, then do the research and add the details that make it realistic and believable.
Donna Scarselli
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Holiday Read

I thought this was a great story of coming home to true love. It was beautifully written, the MC's chemistry was phenomenal. The live was always there. It was just a great story and just perfect for the upcoming holiday season. This is a book I will keep in my favorites and reread when I need a lift. Well written.
Natasha Lynn Harris
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

Truly wonderful, I enjoyed this story so much. It has that quality blend of romance and drama that keeps you interested. And it gives you a glimpse into the future, instead of cutting off at an abrupt end which to many books do. I like to see what happens next after the proposed HEA.
Candice
I think I'm just not a fan of Ford's work. Sorry. I tried 2 and I think I'm done.

This story is about Kellan, the cop that was Reed's best friend in Protector. Reed and Logan show their faces in this one, too.

What annoyed me most? "The robber". Not suspect or vandal or anything of the sort, but "robber". I have no idea why it bothered me so much, but it did.

Carlos
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Real. Just so real.

Both tender and sexy, this story will grab your heart and shake it. The most amazing thing is that this is the story of everyday men that bounce back and forth between perceived dutiesb and the reality of their hearts.
Kattz
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good Read

This is a well written story with many true life problems. There were some twists in the story. The characters developed throughout the story. Im looking forward to reading another story from this author.
Centoria Coffil
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The epilogue clinched for me

I was on the fence about giving this book a whole 5 stars but then I read the epilogue and I knew which way to vote 5+ stars. It's a great read. Sweet and heart warming.
Andrea
Nov 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
KU
This is the worst book I've ever tried to read. Melodramatic crap without a drop of realism.
T.L. Travis
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down!

Luckily, my husband knows how to feed himself. Lance I started reading it, I couldn't stop. I loved how many different elements this story covered.
MyzanM
An ok read that didn't really stand out to me. It felt like it never really took off... ...more
Bo
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tooth Sweet!

Really start-to-finish how-are-they-going-to-fall-in-love story of two lonely guys who used to be friends with benefits and now are frightened of resuming their relationship.

Both Alex and Kellan are very well developed characters, and this is a story of character development with two plots thrown in: First, how their newly resumed romantic entanglement will develop; and second, how Kellan the cop can reconcile his parents to the fact that he is gay. Throw in Alex's seven-and-ten-year
Wendell Hennan
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alex is starting up his own business, bakery and coffee shop, when his brother leaves him caring for his two young sons while he and his wife to Ireland to attend to her dying mother. The first day Alex and the boys arrive at the bakery to discover it has been broken into. The attending police officer, Kellen Walker, and Alex were in a relationship two years ago, before Alex went to Paris to attend a cooking school. Kellen is exceptional with the kids, while Alex has no idea what to do with them ...more
Shelley Chastagner
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. The first half of the book is slow and I found myself wanting to push the story along. I enjoyed the second half though. The epilogue feels like there is too much going on. I think the author could have made an entire second book out of it. Over all it was an enjoyable holiday flavored book.
Adult read
Victoria McEwan
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Lost interest quickly

A sweet enough story but I didn't have the patience to read past 35%. Unfortunately the dialogue and flow of the story just wasn't interesting enough for me to make me want to finish it. It seemed a bit stilted and wooden and prevented me from empathising with the characters. Sorry.
Ottilee B.
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story but...

I really liked the story but Kellen stuck in my craw. I realize you cannot Out someone until THEY feel the time is right but I just wanted to shake him til his molars rattled. I can hardly believe such narrow minded people exist and that they give life to such open minded people! !!
dian_puspita
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, cop
"Stuck between rock and a hard place" suits Kellen perfectly. He won't come out because he's afraid it will affect his father's condition and if he won't come out, he never get a chance to live happily with Alex because Alex won't be Kellen's dirty little secret.

Just need one unexpected thing to happen that will change everything.
Karen
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. This book as far as I am concerned is book two with the Protector being book one. That said we need a book three for Owen and if needed Ethan. I loved the characters and I loved revisiting Reed and Logan. I hope that we get another book from this.
Kirbie
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Cheer

Loved this book I mean what can you do Santa brought love to those whoe deserve to be loved and Keleen and Alex deserve that for everything that they've been through I'm happy that they got what they both wanted and I'm happy that they have a family to love
Jeanne
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
New parents

I am addicted to love stories and I particularly like those with dogs and or children so naturally I enjoyed this story. Well written.
Rebecca
Very cute! Loved these men.. loved the epilogue even more!!
Kevin Pope
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great storyteller...
mrs e mcmillan
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it (sniff)

Lara.... you need a box of tissues. Great storyline. Just
Loved it. Can't wait to need the next book. Want more.
A
Talk about Kellen being closeted and sleeping around on the last book of the same world, Protector.
Kristin Grella
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it!

Another great book by Avery Ford! I absolutely loved Alex and Kellen and I didn't want their story to end. Can't wait to read Owen and Ethan's story next.

• Chained (Alphabits #4)
  • Twisted (Alphabits #5)
  • Bedside Manner (Hearts and Health, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Moving Image (Snow & Winter, #3)
  • Furbitten Brother (Furbitten Falls Alpha's, #2)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Born Again Sinner (Spruce Texas Romance, #2)
  • From Ashes (Heathens Ink #3)
  • Fraught (Alphabits #7)
  • Silenced (Alphabits #6)
  • Rescued (Alphabits #1)
  • Omega Twink
  • Red Hot
  • Football Sundae (Spruce Texas Romance, #1)
  • Taming Teddy (Made Marian, #2)
  • Delivering Dante (Made Marian, #6)

Protectors (3 books)
  • Protector (Protectors #1)
  • A Marriage Resolution (Protectors #3)