Start by marking “Way of the Wolf: Become a Master Closer with Straight Line Selling” as Want to Read:
Way of the Wolf: Become a Master Closer with Straight Line Selling

Way of the Wolf: Become a Master Closer with Straight Line Selling

Jordan Belfort immortalized by Leonardo DiCaprio in the hit movie The Wolf of Wall Street reveals the step-by-step sales and persuasion system proven to turn anyone into a sales-closing, money-earning rock star.
For the first time ever, Jordan Belfort opens his playbook and gives readers access to his exclusive step-by-step system the same system he used to create massive wealth
Published September 26th 2017 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Way of the Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Way of the Wolf

Start your review of Way of the Wolf: Become a Master Closer with Straight Line Selling
da AL
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thorough description of the art of sales in descriptive hands-on terms - good for any level of salesperson.
Henrik Haapala
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Every sale is the same" /JB

1 ----------------------------------- 10 certainty:
10: Being 100% convinced this person, product and company will make my life better and help me achieve my goals/avoid pain.
1: absolute crap.
5: "Please influence me now. I can't make up my mind, so please help me!"
Straight line:
OPEN X ----->---->----->----->X CLOSE
In control vs out of control

2 types of certainty:
• Logical certainty
• Emotional cer
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Interesting ideas. Straightforward writing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book is loaded with great tips and tricks about the human psyche and how to sell effectively. Learning sales skills is important in any type of business today so why not learn from the best?

Written in easy, conversational language, any one can pick up this book and start to improve themselves. A great addition to your marketing lessons and self improvement skills. This is one you will recommend to ot
Connor England
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading the Way of the Wolf by Jordan Belfort, the book honestly pointed out things that I have never thought about before. This book is nonfiction and teached you how to become a better salesperson through different tactics.

This book was able to grab my attention right from the start. He started off with a warning of how this book will provide anyone reading with the ability to persuade most people. He tells you not to take advantage of people because you will be able to. After the warni
Joe
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the title of the book it is quite clear this is a sales book so I’m unsure why there are so many one star reviews expecting it was a sequel to The Wolf of Wall Street autobiography.

For someone who doesn’t work in sales the book still had several useful elements and explained the importance of planning your script, state management, anchoring, matching and mirroring, predicting likely objections, keeping the conversation on track, choice of words and the subtle use of tonality. A
Jonah Graham
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic, you don't even have to be in selling! Great food for thought!
Daniel Rodic
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Written by the Wolf of Wall Street himself, this book gives you an overview of the Sales Training System (called the Straight Line Method) which simplifies every sales conversation into a simple to follow framework.

There are some elements of the book that I just thought were overly specific to his personality (e.g. he linked moving into a “flow state” - what he calls a state of complete certainty - by using a specific smell in a tube that he carried with him)

While definitely worth experimentin
Fikayo Adebolajo
Some very useful tips and points.
But overall not a very well written book.

I had my expectations set very high as this book came highly recommended. I was left slightly unimpressed.
Max Berger
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
If you’ve ever seen the incredibly stylish and debauched film “The Wolf of Wall Street,” you might understand why a book written by Jordan Belfort seemed so appealing to me at first.

While you can certainly question Belfort’s sense of judgment, morality and self-control, it’s hard to deny that he is excellent at what he does professionally. And this book is all about learning his methods for becoming a great salesperson through “The Straight Line System.” He claims that this is the sy
William Findley
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a sequel to Wolf of Wall Street, you will be extremely confused when you open this book. Now, when it comes to Way of the Wolf by Jordan Belfort, it seems as if a true salesman has the ability to sell the ability to sell. This is overall a descriptive nonfiction book pertaining to the art of closing a deal, and for the overall sake of selling objects, this book would be crucial to anyone who might even think about entering the world of marketing or selling. There is a lot ...more
Faisal Alarifi
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
It is definitely a plus to have book read to you by the wolf himself through Audible. It gave it an edge, but at the same time it felt like he was trying to "Sell" you the straight-line system that he created.

It felt a little repetitive at times, and longer than it should have been. At the end of the book there was so many lists, objectives, scales to keep track of.

It is aimed towards salesmen mainly, I walked in hoping that it would be general to the point where it will
Carl
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For someone not exposed to the inner workings of telesales organizations, I found this book interesting as it offers a glimpse into this world. Practical and applicable learnings.
hpmasih
not a book for everyone but it helped me a lot
Robert Smith
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maybe the best book on selling I've read yet. It was an audiobook though, I wish I had the physical copy.
Cole Feldman
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This book contains three kinds of content: One, Belfort telling stories about his days at Stratton Oakmont and teaching the “Strattonites” to be sales gods. Two, Belfort trying to sell other products like BoomBoom (an energy smelling inhaler thing) and of course his own in-home and online sales trainings. Three, Belfort's language and tonality in sales encounters.

While reading the book, I mostly skipped (or at least skim read) anything in categories One and Two about Belfort's glory days or his
kartik narayanan
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read the full review at my blog Digital Amrit

I’m the Wolf of Wall Street. Remember me? The one who Leonardo DiCaprio played on the silver screen, the one who took thousands of young kids, who could barely walk and chew gum at the same time, and turned them into world-class closers using a seemingly magical sales training system called the Straight Line? The one who tortured all those panic-stricken New Zealanders at the end of the movie because they couldn’t sell me a pen the right way? You remember.
I’m
Sharon
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Bestselling author and “The Wolf of Wall Street”, Jordan Belfort, shares step-by-step instructions on using his very successful Straight Line System for any business, industry and even your personal life. He notes that you do not have to be in sales to use this system. You can use it from selling your great qualities in a job interview to selling anyone on a great idea.

He teaches one how to use the Three Tens to influence a customer. He discusses the five core elements of the Straigh
Vivi9112
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Diondre DeVisscher
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must read (and re-read) for anybody working in sales or working with people in general. Regardless of your perception of "The Wolf", the man is a master of influence. Like similar books I've read in this category, Jordan provides many useful tips and pointers to use and improve on your own skills. However, unlike a lot of those same books, the examples he provides are extremely clear and concise, allowing for a better understanding and grasp of each concept. As well as a great full circle demo ...more
Joseph
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book, will read several more times!
Kaloyan Roussev
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
Great book for sales, very insightful
Heather
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book for entrepreneurs!
Juris Grišins
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good book on sales. Made me rethink a number of my previous approaches.
Alejandro I Sanoja
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's clear that his morals might not be the best, but his methods work. For that reason, it's a great idea to read this book and understand what happens inside the mind of a con man.

The book shares the overall strategy, the mindset shifts, as well as some step-by-step tactical components that you should implement in order to take your sales game to the next level.

Just the body language and tonality tactics are immensely valuable. Also, some of the phrases/wording-specific
John
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, non-fiction
Ok just another good offering dealing with understanding people and how to understand the sales process. Not much new material but it seems that Jordan had innate understanding and learned the reasons why he was good at it later.
Mike Knorr
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Tons of info, but it seems too good to be true. I might give a few things a shot and if they work I'd consider giving it 4 or 5 stars.
Marcos Byttebier
Some interesting points. Writes like a dick.
Jake
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I've read several sales books, this book is truly one that I'll be coming back to reference. It's a good read.
Kiswara Mihardja
Recommended.
Kamil
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's a great book on selling and closing. I have learned many things in this book that are both useful for selling things and for real-life scenarios. Although I am not cold-calling anyone, I really liked this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life
  • The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • If You're Not First, You're Last: Sales Strategies to Dominate Your Market and Beat Your Competition
  • Fanatical Prospecting: The Ultimate Guide to Opening Sales Conversations and Filling the Pipeline by Leveraging Social Selling, Telephone, Email, Text, and Cold Calling
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence—and How You Can, Too
  • Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It
  • Millionaire Success Habits: The Gateway To Wealth & Prosperity
  • The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales
  • Exactly What to Say: The Magic Words for Influence and Impact
  • The Closer's Survival Guide
  • The Millionaire Booklet
  • The Psychology of Selling: Increase Your Sales Faster and Easier Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Be Obsessed or Be Average
  • Objections: The Ultimate Guide for Mastering The Art and Science of Getting Past No
  • Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • Sales Success: The Brian Tracy Success Library
“Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and you will become rich. Act as if you have unmatched confidence, and people will have confidence in you. Act as if you have all the answers, and the answers will come to you.” 2 likes
“You do not want to try to resolve their pain at this point. In fact, if anything, you want to amplify that pain.” 2 likes