Start by marking “Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles” as Want to Read:
Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles

Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  1,146 Ratings  ·  295 Reviews
Toby Kincaid loves being the junior librarian in his hometown of Sandy Lake, Ohio. He spends his days surrounded by books and chatting with the library patrons. He especially adores the head librarian, Mr. Miggles, who is kind, witty, knowlegable about everything, and hopelessly addicted to Christmas. Sean Miggles is also pretty cute—especially for an older guy who wears t ...more
Published November 23rd 2016 by Pinkerton Road LLC

To ask other readers questions about Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I beta read this book, but my rating has naught to do with that. I was enamored with Mr. Miggles (the book AND the character) from the get go.

Sean Miggles, town librarian, is a man entirely dedicated to his job. He loves books. And he loves to share books with others. He's a quiet, unassuming, kind-hearted man who dresses like a professor and keeps to himself.

Toby, laidback and loyal, is Mr. Miggles' assistant, his one and only employee. Mr. Miggles is just a few years older than Toby but so r
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦

If you enjoy holiday romantic stories, then you don’t want to miss Eli Easton’s newest release. Once again, this author delivered an enjoyable, Christmas-y story that warmed my heart and sucked me in from the very beginning. 'Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles' was a sweet and lovely story about family, community, dedication and last, but not least, love and while it wasn’t my favorite read by this author, I really enjoyed it.

Toby Kinkaid is the twenty-four years old junior librarian at the Sandy Lake
Lisa
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review

4.5 Stars!

Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles by Eli Easton is a stand-alone holiday romantic tale. It is no secret that I am an enormous fan of this author. I mean…. a GIGANTIC fan-girl! This book is yet another heart-warming gem by Ms. Easton that had me smiling ridiculously huge! There’s always a little magic in the air when it comes to the Christmas season; and, sometimes it’s that winter magic that can help two individuals find love with the last person they expected.

Twenty-four year old Toby Kinc
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

The more I thought about this book, the less I liked it, though the adorable ending alone bumps it up 1/2 a star.

Eli Easton is a sure thing for me, and her Christmas stories have been winners in the past. While this story was cute, and I liked Toby, I really didn't connect with Mr. Miggles. Toby was snarky and sweet, and I liked being inside his head. I also really like an age-gap romance, and so I was prepared to love this one.

For me, the worst part about this story was the romance
Jewel
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars, rounded up because -- LIBRARY SEX!!!!

So, I have this thing, where I think that men who are intelligent and are readers are supremely hot. I can't help it, and I really don't want to, anyway. Reading is sexy, after all. And Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles was exactly what I needed this week.

When I was growing up, I loved going to the library. The smell of books, the card catalog, the quiet. Though I never got quite as lucky in the stacks as a certain couple, I just loved everything abou
Sheziss
A Christmassy story!

It was a decent light book, if only a lacking one. It’s well written, and the moral is positive and warm. The characters are nice, the plot is nice, the development is nice.

Super nice.

Mr. Miggles is such a good person. Toby is also the best. Everybody in town is good and the bad guys are easy to find. Very black-and-white. If you are looking for a trouble-free love story, this is the one for you.

Unfortunately, it didn’t fill me with the myriad of emotions I was expecting.

Some
Diana
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Toby Kincaid is a junior librarian in his sleepy hometown of Sandy Lake, and has developed a wee bit of a crush on the head librarian, Mr. Miggles. As Thanksgiving is approaching, the library is already getting ready for Christmas, that special time of year when even the shadows under Mr. Miggles eyes seem to disappear. Toby knows there is more to the quiet and reserved librarian.
When Mr. Miggles is accused of a crime, Toby learns exactly how special Mr. Miggles really is. He gathers the troops
Martin
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, christmas
Oh Mister Miggles!!

What a lovely Christmas story! If you ever feel sad and depressed, make sure to read this, it'll lighten up your world for sure!

Toby has been working as junior librarian at Sandy Lake library for the last two years. His boss, head librarian Mr Miggles is a decent guy, but stays mostly to himself. Only around Christmas does the guy lighten up and thrive in decorating the library and spreading Christmas cheer among the library regulars.

Toby doesn't have much time to think about
BWT (Belen)
I meant to only read a couple of chapters of this at lunch...but quickly got sucked into this story and didn't stop until I was finished.

Gah! The feels in this!!! My heart is so full from this! I was enraged on Mr. Miggles' behalf. I wanted to strangle some of the characters of this story so badly, I was totally invested...

And there it is. Eli Easton got me again. Totally immersed and caring for these characters, which, to me, is the sign of a fantastic story.

So, yes, this will give you all the
Ami

Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles started really good for me. I snickered and giggled reading about Toby's crush on his boss, and how he tries to deny it (he has a boyfriend after all!).

Toby's one-liners are amusing and the dialogs are delightful. I loved Mr. Miggles right from the very start -- the quiet, kindhearted, Christmas loving head librarian (how can I not love a man who can quote Dalai Lama in a spur of moment?!).

It looks like it's going to be a perfect office (well, library) rom
Ele
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it

This was pure holiday fluff, with all the much needed warm and fuzzy feels. Eli Easton nails Christmas stories. If you haven't read Blame it on the Mistletoe or Unwrapping Hank, you should!

Oh, Mr. Miggles...

Sean Miggles is the head librarian of The Sandy Lake Library. He's a good man and a gentle soul. Mr. Miggles likes Christmas decorations and he works hard to make the library a warm and festive place during the holidays. I loved his devotion to his work, his kindness, and his dancing Santas t
Meags
4 Stars

This was another fabulous read from Easton. The woman really knows how to deliver an M/M Christmas romance!

This story follows the growing relationship between two small town librarians, Mr. Miggles (head librarian) and Toby (junior librarian).

The two men have worked together for several years and get along quite well, sharing a passion for books and a great working relationship. But when a shocking accusation against Mr. Miggles results in a criminal investigation and the possibility of
.Lili.
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm going to be the minority on this one.

I'm going to make this short. There's some good stuff here.

-Likable characters. Mr. Miggles and Toby were adorkable. They had this funny, snarky banter. The supporting cast was great as well.

-The plot piqued my interest. Romance with a little "whodunnit" on the side.

-And the message of the story was touching and sweet. It's about forgiveness, second chances, family, and friends.

But I couldn't connect with any of it. I found myself like an outsider lookin
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*It's Christmas* ⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Not really a time to read a Christmas story BUT it's short so I decided to do it anyway. Though there was no depth, no deep connection between readers and characters, it was still a straight forward and a easy read. The book is about junior librarian Toby Kincaid (24) and his boss and head librarian, Sean Miggles (34/35?). Toby has worked at the library for two years with Sean as his boss. They've had a nice and good friendship. Though lately there's been some tens
Karen
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What's your favorite Christmas movie...

Mine just happens to be Frank Capra's 'It's a Wonderful Life' starring Jimmy Stuart. It's based on the book 'The Greatest Gift' by Philip Van Doren Stern. I admit I've never read the book but Jimmy and I go back many, many Christmas's because I've watched this movie every year at least once during the holidays for most of my life and I'm over 50. So I can probably say with a relative amount of certainty that I've seen the movie 50+ times and I've also wat
Susan
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, mm

description

I loved this! This was cute with a more serious undertone added to the mix. Just lovely.

Toby is the junior librarian in the small town he grew up in. He is very happy working with the head librarian Mr. Miggles.

Mr. Miggles is only about 10 years older than Toby’s own 24 years old, but because he is so proper, evenyone just calls him Mr. Miggles.

When someone accuses Mr. Miggles of something terrible, Toby knows he has to help Mr. Miggles, because for some reason Toby has been thinking
Denise H.
*** At the library, they began getting ready for Christmas before Thanksgiving.
The Head Librarian, Mr. Sean Miggles, 34,

loved Christmas, had no family, so he lavished his gaiety on the town.

Toby is the Jr. Librarian, and at 24,

is forming his values and life goals along the way. He's dating Justin, but realizing he's using Toby, he quits that relationship.
His Mom is his confidant and tells him,
"...when you love someone, you want to do things for them. Little things and big things...." Sean
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars!

I admit that I could probably read about library romances all day, every day, and never grow tired of them. There's just something about a nerdy, more than likely, uptight librarian (in glasses no less) who can light up the sheets behind closed doors. Am I right?? You know I am.

Now Toby has been crushing hard on his boss for a long time, but Mr. Miggles is professional to the T, so much so, that crossing the line is something Toby has hardly considered. However, when a crisis comes to
Maria
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever gotten near to the end of a book and peek at the pages ahead and think, 'Please, just one more page!' You finish and immediately go back and read over the last few pages, or paragraphs that you've bookmarked throughout. That is what I did here. Perhaps the greatest compliment that I, a lowly reader, can give to an author.

This love story set at Christmas time is beautiful and heartwarming, with a little heartbreak because bad things do happen to good people sometimes. It's how we m
Josy
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
June 2018

re-read audiobook - narration 4.5 stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear CyberMonday Elf, thank you so much for this book!! I'm really looking forward to reading it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ 4.5 stars ~

Another great story by Eli Easton that really lets you feel the Spirit of Christmas. I admit I even cried a little towards the end. Library-themed, slow-burn, age-gap, hurt-comfort, a bit of angst... What more could you want?!
Bev

3.5 stars rounded up. I'm probably in the minority here, but this just didn't do it for me. Toby, I liked. Snarky but not disrespectful, had a kind heart although he was a little too soft as far as the antics of his 'boyfriend' Justin were concerned (view spoiler)
Pavellit Off
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I thoroughly enjoyed this nice cozy Christmas romance that got me in the mood for the holidays. There are some very important elements implemented into this story which work perfectly for me- the spirit of Christmas and its generosity to makes people happy ; an introvert and an extrovert character who complement each other; a library which is the living, breathing heart of a small town and which hidden mission is to save its 'beloved librarian—and its not so shabby junior librarian—to give them ...more
Leta Blake
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So lemme tell you a little story. I started this book last night in bed thinking I'd read a chapter or two. As it turned out, I got completely sucked in and forget the entire world existed, finished the book in what felt like record time and thought to myself, "It's probably midnight. I should go to sleep." I checked my phone for the time and, guys...GUYS....it was 3:30am. I not only stayed up late reading this enjoyable book but got so absorbed that I completely lost track of time. So delightfu ...more
Sarah_loves_books
So very good and lovely. It kept me reading and reading, and filled my heart with happiness. I couldn't have asked for more.

Re-read 12/2017: Still sooo lovely. My kind of book. A must read for every library lover, too.
Anyta Sunday
I'm on a winning streak with Christmas stories so far! <3

Thank you, Eli Easton, for yet another wonderful read! I loved Toby's slow realization of his feelings toward Sean Miggles.

Elsa Bravante
Me ha gustado, muy mono y muy muy navideño. Le ha faltado un punto de intensidad a la relación entre tanto dulce de Navidad, pero supongo que se le perdona al ser un libro about Christmas.
Jason Bradley
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, m-m
love, love, love!
Chris
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
A sweet read - Toby works at the local library with his boss Mr Miggles. He clearly holds his boss in high esteem but starts to notice the " nice" things about him as people begin to mention his acts of kindness. Toby also realizes that the age gap is not so bad and slowly starts crushing on him - of course this realization also comes at the same time he finds out his boyfriend is a dick !
After an unfair incident, Toby rallies the community to show Mr Miggles how much they all love and value hi
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. Every bit of the Christmas story I've come to expect from Eli Easton, all the feel-good, warmth, and heart all wrapped up in a little bit of sexy. I absolutely loved it!
Christelle
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great comfort-read, even though there’s a bit of angst. Age-gap, slow-burn (this time, it didn’t bother me at all, it suits the story well), lovable characters and full of fluffy sentiments (but no sugar-overload) and good banter.

Toby and Sean both work at the town library and share the love of books…and rank each other’s chains, nicely, subtly, professionally…As Christmas is coming, it's time to put some holidays spirit, the only time when Sean seems to get out of his reserved and sad mood. H
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“novels, to socially progressive YA books, to gay coming-of-age novels, and the history of AIDS. For years, a lot of what went on in my brain was a secret held between me and” 0 likes