Start by marking “Monster Hunter Siege (Monster Hunter International, #6)” as Want to Read:
Monster Hunter Siege (Monster Hunter International, #6)

Monster Hunter Siege

(Monster Hunter International #6)

#6 in multiple New York Times bestseller Larry Correia’s Monster Hunter series.

GO BIG OR GO HOME

When Monster Hunter International's top hunter, Owen Zastava Pitt, was given a tip about some hunters who had gone missing in action, he didn’t realize their rescue mission would snowball into the single biggest operation in MHI's history. Their men are being held prisoner in a
Published July 25th 2017 by Baen

To ask other readers questions about Monster Hunter Siege, please sign up.
Nehemiah Looks like it. Barnes and Noble has August 1st as a publish date, and so does amazon as well.

…more

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Monster Hunter International is one of - if not the best paranormal/fantasy series I've ever read. Each book is loaded with non-stop action, adventure, abductions, shootings, rescuings, blowing things (and monsters) up, plannings, maimings, plottings, killings, and fiercely devious excitement!

I can't recommend this series highly enough to anyone looking for something that has everything (except sex, there's no sex in these books and in my opinion the stories are better for it). I've been bing
Eric
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Another supremely entertaining book, Monster Hunter Siege continues the story of top monster hunter Owen Z. Pitt, raising the stakes higher than ever and upping the already epic scale of monster related mayhem.

Siege picks up the threads of the main MHI storyline following the events of Legion and the battle at the Last Dragon in Vegas. Guilty over the loss of two men in Vegas as a direct result of a decision he made, when Owen hears that they may be alive he leaps at the opportunity to s
Mary Catelli
The sixth book in the series. Spoilers ahead for earlier ones.

Especially since it opens with Owen's father revealing the last information to his sons, and collapsing on the floor, and then goes on with the news Owen had gotten, of the trapped survivors in the other world.

The whole process, starting with drawing up a plan and selling it to the others at Monster Hunters International. And outward.

Among other things, this involves a hunt, a magical ring, a talk with a ghost who had been the Chosen
Jarrad
May 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Like the rating says I liked this latest book in the series. I don't know if it's the fact that all the other books have been awesome, and that my expectations were too high for this book, I just felt like it was just ok.
I think this book would be easy for someone to pickup and start reading that has not read any of the other books, but at the same time that was one of the problems I had with the book. Seemed like everything had to be tied into something that has happened in the series.
Vinh-Thang
A different kind of climatic battle, but it does not make this volume any less epic. I WANT THE NEXT BOOK RIGHT F****** NOW.
Jonathan Wilson
Each book in this series just gets better and better. Just love the world building with all the action and humor sprinkled throughout.
Skylar Phelps
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can tell that Mr. Correia is dragging out this series... but I don’t even care.

Fantastic, fun, and friggin awesome.
Rob
I love MHI, and was really excited to read Siege since it purported to really raise the stakes.

Siege was enjoyable, but it wasn't as good as the other books in the series. Looking back, Alpha, Legion, and Nemesis were all badass, and all very different. Siege wasn't as good as any of those.

There were three major things lacking for me in this book.

First is there just wasn't enough involvement from other characters. The interplay between the team and the feistiness of other characters really help
Richard
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The largest army of monster hunters has been assembled from all over the globe to lay siege to an island crawling with monsters. In a remote and inhospitable part of the world these courageous men and women journey to rescue some of their number thought lost in Monster Hunter Legion.

Mr. Correia writes an enjoyable story. One that I hope he is able to continue for many more fun books.
In fact, someone needs to option this for a television series!

Very Recommended!

In fact, go to Amazon and downloa
John
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crap! Now I'm back to waiting for the next book.
Per Gunnar
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-urban-fantasy
It feels like a long time since I got to sink my teeth into a Monster Hunter Internal story. Well at least one that takes place in the main story arc that is.

I did indeed have rather high expectations on this one and Mr. Correia certainly delivered.

The book continues the story from book five. Hell, at least as far as I remember. The last book was published three years ago and I have to confess that some of the details might have faded in my memory.

We get introduced to Owen’s father who, not surp
Adam
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
I really have to say that MHI is one of those series for which I will put (nearly) anything else down to read. It has everything I could ask for - action, humor... in other words, fun! Some would even say... WrongFun! (Then again, what would you expect from someone who's been described as "not a real author"?)
Can't wait for the next book!
Kurt Springs
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was first published on Kurt's Frontier.

The book read is a reader’s copy loaned by a local bookstore ahead of publication.

Synopsis:

Owen Zastava Pitt is the top hunter for Monster Hunter International or MHI. When Asag, a god of chaos, launches a devastating attack on a convention of monster hunters, some hunters are missing in action. They are now being held in a nightmare dimension. The only way to rescue them is through the radioactive ruins of a monster war zone. This is also Asag’
Michael
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 6th book in the Monster Hunter International series by Larry Correia. In my opinion it is the best one yet and they have all been good. This one takes place just after the attack on the Monster Hunter convention in Las Vegas where many Hunters were killed and some were lost to the nightmare pocket dimension of the ancient god of chaos, Asag. The Monster Hunters decide it's time to take the battle to the monsters and retrieve their lost people. With the help of Monster Hunter organiza ...more
Martin
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GO BIG OR GO HOME.

Well Larry Correia went definitively big in this one. Another book from MHI series and another move further in the main story. What I really love about the MHI series is a fact that each book move story further and there are no blank fill ups. Each new entry in the series introduce something new and change the game in rapid way. This time it is just...... you know the end of the word. But that's not obstacle for Owen Zastava Pitt. This book is mostly about him and he really sh
Erick
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While in some ways you can say this is a bit of a transitional book, it is still very well written and feels like it is advancing the overall story arc. Though it really does only go so far. That said, I really enjoyed the story in this one and liked how all the characters developed, and the details about Pitt's family that were unveiled.
Kenny Bellew
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 6 of the series. On the surface, this book is just a fantasy story about protecting earth from monsters, but Larry Correia has a way of weaving in some complex moral puzzles that make you think.
Keri
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this!! I HATED that it ended in a cliff hanger...be warned...it is a biggie!
Ian
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The whole Monster Hunter series is an entertaining read, this is no different and you get pretty much what you expect. Many die hards will no doubt dislike me for saying that I actually preferred some of the earlier books in the series that have explored other characters than the main one, and protagonist on this book, Owen Zastave Pitt - the (somewhat unusual) mystically 'chosen one' who returns as the main character in this book, and we go back to the main arc of the series.
As I said, a very d
Liraz
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always so much fun, this book was one of the best to date!
Kim Drumeler
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one had some really parts that were mentally hard to get through. Wow Larry!! You're killing me!!
Fathererik
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best yet in the series. Great characters, good plot, and lots of fun.
Dave
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Slow start, really picks up in the end. Last couple hundred pages are excellent. Can't wait for the next book.
JM
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
I used to enjoy Correia's novels because they were fun and action packed, and since the focus was on those aspects, it was easy to ignore the right-wing politics that poked their head every once in a while.

By this point in the series, the smug and self-congratulatory tone of the p.o.v. character and most people he encounters (right-wing gun-nuts are awesome people, everybody else is a coward, or a liar and a pussy without honor), the Mary-Sueness of his obvious stand-in character, and the fact
Jake
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'll be honest, I really struggled to get thru this book.

Past books have been fast paced, full of action, and humor, but not terribly deep, which is fine.

This book though, I found struggled to maintain any pacing, or exciting momentum. It seemed to get bogged down with the mass of the world that Correia has created up to this point, and failed to keep things interesting.

There are a lot of quick segments of interactions between various global Monster Hunters and MHI. However, most of these int
Eric
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I grabbed this book just as soon as it came out and blasted through it in about a day and a half.

IF you're in the MHI series, this is a solid book in that series. IF you're not in, I'd go back and grab the earlier books before tackling this one. There are a lot of references you might otherwise miss or not understand.

I liked this book far, far better than the part of the series where Mr. Ringo became involved. I look forward to the MHI Files book that should be out soon.
Jeffrey
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a...strange...Monster Hunter experience.

Part of that's my fault. I wrongly thought this was the last book in the series (instead of merely being the last currently published). So I expected this book to wrap up the saga of Owen Zastava Pitt. It did not. In fact, this is the first Monster Hunter book I've read that really ended on a cliffhanger. The other books wrapped up the main story of each book and left a few threads dangling for future books. Not this one. This one ended...well, i
Kristin
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I admit, at first glance this shouldn't be a book I would pick up - because seriously, gun wielding monster hunting accountants? But both my Dad and I greatly enjoy this series and I see the next installment is due out this year. Yay!

Premise of the book is this is the final showdown between the monster hunters and Asag, ultimate bad assed god from the nightmare dimension and it's all going down on Severgy Island in Russia. It's up to Owen to cross into the alternate reality, rescue the stranded
Gilbert Stack
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am somewhat surprised to learn that this is the first novel I’ve reviewed by Larry Correia. I’ve read and thoroughly enjoyed all the books in the Monster Hunter Series plus his Grimnoir Chronicle and I’d be happy to try anything else he’s written. Aside from interesting characters and hard-biting action, Correia has that gift of presenting something you think you know all about in a different, fascinating, and often hilarious way. So he has nasty old-world trolls who love the internet and surf ...more
stormin
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
After detours to cover the MHI world from Earl's perspective (Monster Hunter Alpha) and Franks' perspective (Monster Hunter Nemesis), we're back to Owen again for #6.

Owen, Owen, Owen. What are we gonna do with you? In fairness: Owen continues to develop, and as Larry Correia add more details and particular facets to his backstory, he becomes a better and better character.

In that regard, this book is quite strong, and I almost gave it that fourth star. It's the strongest Owen book yet.

But not qu
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Straight Outta Tombstone
  • Deep Silence (Joe Ledger #10)
  • Prospero Regained (Prospero's Daughter, #3)
  • Marked (Alex Verus, #9)
  • Hollywood Dead (Sandman Slim #10)
  • SEAL Team 666 (SEAL Team 666 #1)
  • Draw One in the Dark (Shifters, #1)
  • Red, White, and Blood (Nathaniel Cade #3)
  • Vampire Uprising (Skinners, #4)
  • Predator: If It Bleeds
  • Besieged (The Iron Druid Chronicles #4.1, 4.2, 4.6, 4.7, 8.1, 8.2, 8.6, 8.7, 8.9)
  • Strong Arm Tactics (Wolfe Pack, #1)
  • Urban Allies: Ten Brand-New Collaborative Stories
  • When Diplomacy Fails
Larry Correia (born 1977) is the New York Times bestselling author of the Monster Hunter International series, the Grimnoir Chronicles, and the thriller Dead Six.

Monster Hunter International (7 books)
  • Monster Hunter International (Monster Hunter International, #1)
  • Monster Hunter Vendetta (Monster Hunter International, #2)
  • Monster Hunter Alpha (Monster Hunter International, #3)
  • Monster Hunter Legion (Monster Hunter International, #4)
  • Monster Hunter Nemesis (Monster Hunter International, #5)
  • Monster Hunter Guardian (Monster Hunter International, #7)
“I hate running. Hate, hate, hate it. Running is something that skinny people do so they can brag about it to those of us who come in adult sizes. I’m actually an okay sprinter. I’ve got long legs, and I’m surprisingly nimble for a big dude, but distance running is for masochists and crazy people who want to collect foot problems and repetitive stress injuries. My insane runner friends kept trying to tell me that at some point you were supposed to get this euphoric feeling during a run, but as far as I could tell that was propaganda they told themselves to feel better about having such a ridiculous pastime. The closest I ever came to euphoria was when the aches got numb. Running sucks.” 3 likes
“Dispensing indiscriminate justice and the righteous smell of gunpowder.” 3 likes