Start by marking “My Hero Academia, Vol. 9” as Want to Read:
My Hero Academia, Vol. 9

My Hero Academia, Vol. 9

(My Hero Academia #9)

Midoriya inherits the superpower of the world’s greatest hero, but greatness won’t come easy.

What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called “Quirks”? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what wo
Published August 1st 2017 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 3rd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about My Hero Academia, Vol. 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Hero Academia, Vol. 9

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD VOLUME! I AM SHOOK TO THE CORE. Things have gotten so much more intense and darker! I did feel at times this volume was a little convoluted with everything that was going on, but that's the only bad thing I have to say. EXCELLENT INSTALLMENT IN THIS SERIES!
Shannon
Oooh things are getting darker so we're moving back up with the ratings ...
3.5 for this one.
Artemy
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This summer camp storyline took a long while to get going. I can’t say I like the new villains, but when all the kids have to work together and defend each other in a real-life combat situation, it’s pretty impressive how well they cooperate and how much they care even for their lousiest, most obnoxious classmates. Uraraka generally doesn’t get even a sliver of attention she clearly deserves, but this volume finally remembers about her existence again and gives her something more substantial to ...more
Araceli.libros
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, owned, 2017, reviewed
Sigue siendo entretenido, pero en este volumen parece que la trama se está tornando un poco repetitiva y eso me preocupa...
(view spoiler)
Sin embargo, me gusta la apariencia de los nuevos villanos y a Deku lo quiero cada
Victoria ♡
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-manga
Reading along with the anime! (haven’t been paying attention where the volumes stop so ndjssj)
Adriana
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites
OH DAMN THIS NEW ARC IS FUCKING ME UP GOOD
Fahda
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one, so much action!
| Maiko-chan |
(view spoiler) ...more
Elizabeth (Elzburg)
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, ya
On the very first page of this volume is a note from Horikoshi (the author) basically saying that this volume is going to be super depressing. I gotta say that that wasn’t a super cheery note to start the volume off on, so I was quite cautious going into this. But literally the second page of the first chapter is fricken hillarious and it doesn’t let up from there, the laughs just keep coming. And having now finished reading this volume, I’m left really confused about what Horikoshi was on about ...more
EME
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I can't give Boku no Hero less than 5 stars, I'm too involved with the characters and the story. Everything it's so cool but THE STRESS IS REAL
Dani St-Onge (Literary Lion)
For more bookish content and reviews: http://literarylion.ca

In the anime this is where I really fell in love with the series as a whole. The Sports Festival arc made me fall for certain characters but this is where I realized that the series was going to be truly amazing. I've never followed a long running shounen manga before and I'm glad this is the one I've ended up with. The others are good from what I've seen but the art and story in My Hero Academia just feels a cut above.

I know the past f
Petros
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the volume where those reading it for the dumb action are separated by those who read it just to be reminded how much better Naruto was. That’s the manga Horikoshi ripped off for making this arc by the way.
-So, you have this kid Kouta who hates heroes but for no reason comes to this training mission that is full of them. Why the heck did he come?
-His caretakers couldn’t leave him alone, you might think. But he spends all his time alone in a cave! There goes that excuse.
-The reason he
MC
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a HUGE fan of the franchise, several moments stand out to me, in both the manga and anime. One of them is the fight in this volume against Muscular, a fight where Deku must put it all on the line to save a life, even if it is the life of someone who hates him.

As this volume begins, the training camp from hell that resembles more a special ops training camp than anything else is in full swing. The would-be heroes are training their powers for everything they are worth, with the hope of becomes
Bradley
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Not sure if I mentioned this - The hands with the author's note at the beginning of each manga are really cool. I enjoy stuff like that and it's a nice touch. I make sure to read every note and take the time to appreciate the small details. Horikoshi is pretty phenomenal at drawing them. I say that because hands are probably the toughest for me to draw. They never come out with any real symmetry.

I know this is supposed to be a 'push beyond all your limits' type of thing, but I'm not with it. I
Danielle
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, read-in-2017
WOW a lot just happened!

It feels very strange to be reading about all this new content without having seen it on the anime first! I almost feel like I'm cheating by knowing whats happening before the people who watch the show...

Once again, another great addition to the series! I love how we're continuing to see everyone and their quirks grow. I'm starting to form my favourite characters list now, which is always a good sign in a series.

Even in situations like what they had to face in this volum
Chris Lemmerman
The UA Summer Camp looks like it's going to be super-difficult for all the young heroes-in-training; and then it comes under siege by the League of Villains, and they definitely wish they'd stayed home! And, to make matters worse, they're there for one reason only - kidnap Bakugo!

This story arc feels very claustrophobic given the setting, and the rampage near the end of the volume doesn't help either. You can almost feel the atmosphere oozing out of the later pages, and the ingenious battle sequ
Nicholas Driscoll
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable but entertaining! I liked the new villains and their crazy powers, and the fight between Deku and the muscle-quirk guy was intense and fun (if a little bit deus ex machina-y). Still suffers from characters explaining their plans too much. Oh, Todoroki has a cool moment (I think that’s his name—the hawk faced guy that always makes me think of Captain Falcon).

I kind of wish the Horikoshi would have the guts to kill some of his characters. The kids have been targeted several times but t
Ray
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I'm probably caught with my fingers in the pie with this one.

What what can I say, I just couldn't wait for Season 3.
It was so much fun returning to this series as we watch Midoria and the others continue their training.
I loved this manga, even though it could get slightly harder to understand at parts because of the wide cast of characters in this book and as we know, mangas are black and white. I'm sure the anime would be clearer and easier to understand.
But that doesn't diminish its ap
Rollin
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nicola Mansfield
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun series. Pretty much a battle volume from start to finish but many other things are also going on. We start with training and eventually get to a head-to-head with Class 1A vs Class 1B. While they are out in the forest the Legion of Villains arrives with a hit list to follow. There are a whole bunch of great looking villains in this volume. While the book finishes off with a battle of good vs evil there is also, throughout, a sweet story going on in the background. Midoriya fin ...more
Illy
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SO I swore up and down I wasn’t gonna buy the manga because I am not really into heroes or things like that. Well, I lied. I went to see the new MHA movie and I feel in love. I think watching some of the animation made me like the story a lot better because I re-read the first 8 volumes that I needed to read to kinda understand the movie. AND I LOVED THEM. I saw a new light in them. This volume was amazing too. Like fuck. I’m on the MHA bandwagon now.
Kia
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action™ Plot Twists™
eme
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sinceramente, he llegado a un punto de la vida en el que no soy capaz de darle a boku no hero menos de cinco estrellas. Esto cada vez se pone peor y yo estoy más estresada cada vez. Así no se puede.
Annika
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
protecc the chillins, they be the footure
Sam
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness...this is the best volume of the manga so far. This summer training camp is intense and so much happened in this one. I admit to being very emotionally invested in this volume, especially with certain character's situations.
cindy
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-mha
Summer camp di lokasi rahasia yg hrsnya jd ajang meningkatkan kemampuan murid2, eh ketahuan juga sama grup villain bersatu. Diserang d. Iiisshhh... siapa sih ini pengkhianatnya?

Yg lbh mengejutkan, ternyata target penyerangan itu bukan All Might, melainkan salah satu murid.
Christine
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No words for this. That All Might vs All for One fight was too awesome and nerve-wracking.
Julie
Battle scenes like this are definitely better to watch, but I still enjoyed it! This series makes me so giddy and now I just want to rewatch the show.
Natalie
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh BOY, are things starting to heat up now!

This volume continues with the training camp introduced in the last volume, and starts off with a few training simulations for the students to push past their limits and gain more control over their quirks, and increase the strength of the quirks themselves. Of course, as with one of their previous training exercises... their camp is rather rudely interrupted by (once again) the League of Villains.

This time, the League has quite a different goal in mind
Nore
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I just couldn't wait for the physical copy to come out in the US, so I caught up on this series online. I can't wait for the next volume. I related very strongly to a protagonist who cries at the drop of a hat, let me tell you.

When the US publication comes out, I'll be giving this series a re-read; fan translations always have different nuances.
  • ハイキュー!! 5 IH突入! [Haikyū!! 5 IH Totsunyū!]
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 1 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 1] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 雄英白書 I [Boku No Hero Academia: Yuuei Hakusho I] (My Hero Academia Light Novel, #1)
  • Cross Game 4 (Cross Game, #8-9)
  • Himouto! Umaru-chan Vol. 1
HORIKOSHI Kouhei
Name (in native language): 堀越耕平
Associated Names:
Kouhei Horikoshi

Born 1986 in the prefecture Aichi, Horikoshi first attracted attention in the second half of 2006 when he entered Shueisha's 72th Tezuka Award for Newcomers with his one shot "Nukegara" and made it to the final six, where he gained himself an "Honorable Mention".
Various short stories in Shueisha's Akamaru JUMP followed

My Hero Academia (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 1 [Boku No Hero Academia 1] (My Hero Academia, #1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4 [Boku No Hero Academia 4] (My Hero Academia, #4)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 5 [Boku No Hero Academia 5] (My Hero Academia, #5)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 6 [Boku No Hero Academia 6] (My Hero Academia, #6)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 [Boku No Hero Academia 7] (My Hero Academia, #7)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 8 [Boku No Hero Academia 8] (My Hero Academia, #8)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 10 [Boku No Hero Academia 10] (My Hero Academia, #10)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 11 [Boku No Hero Academia 11] (My Hero Academia, #11)