Start by marking “Just One More Chance (Baytown Boys, #2)” as Want to Read:
Just One More Chance (Baytown Boys, #2)

Just One More Chance

(Baytown Boys #2)

The Baytown Boys Mysteries

Military duty called them away to war zones, but after tours overseas, the group of friends found their way back home as men, seeking the peaceful little seaside town. Now, the band of brothers, together once more, work to provide a place for less fortunate veterans to call home.

Grant Wilder, one of the original Baytown Boys, came back from the wa
Published March 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Just One More Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One More Chance

Holly Noelle

Why did Jillian put up with Grant's bullshit?

I just want to know.

Why would anyone put up with his shit?

description

I understand he's got pain and PTSD to deal with. However, getting mad at Jillian for liking someone, getting mad at Jillian for having a date, and getting mad at Jillian for all the other stupid things was stupid on Grant! I liked Grant, especially in the first book, but he needed to put a dollar in that douche jar!

Additionally, I wasn't happy with the ending. It was very anticlima
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
I loved Just One More Chance, the second book in the Baytown Boys series by Maryann Jordan. It can be read as a standalone, but the first book was so good that it shouldn't be skipped.

Grant was one of the "Baytown Boys" who had joined the military longing to escape from his hometown. He returned from his tour a changed man and had stayed away from Baytown but was now finding that the small town called to something in him.

“Life can be rough…just like the waves beating on the glass. But it is fr
Izzie d
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 of the Baytown series, it is best, though not essential, to read book 1 first as the series is about a group of friends who each have or will have their own book but also feature strongly in each book.
This is Grant and Gillian's story.
From Book 1 we gleaned that Grant and Gillian had some history before the boys went off to serve in the military and when he returned, although she waited for him expecting the relationship to develop, as did most of their friends and family, he move
Charliegirl1
Not my kind of hero

I liked Grant's personality as it was written, but the background premise of this story is a guy who says "I'm a mess, and I love you too much to hurt you by being with you, so I'm going to hurt you over and over by rejecting you with no explanation, and by being with other women in front of you". This is not love and this guy is not a hero. I understand he had PTSD, but don't tell me that "I hurt you because I didn't want to hurt you." The present day story was fine, but the
Dennie
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Yesenia Gonzalez
* I volunteer to read this book for my honest opinion.*
Another great story
Maryann Jordan's book always has you on the edge of your seat, Although this book had some suspense it dealt with much more and for that I loved it. Grant and Gillian were always supposed to end up together but Grant leaving off to war it changed him. With what he saw overseas, had scarred his brain and refused to let Gillian suffer with him. Gillian held on to hope, hoping he will wake up and take a chance on her. Not ma
Renee Entress
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, sadness, pain, suspense, and heartbreak.

Before reading this story please read the below books first
Coming Home (Baytown Boys #1)

This is Jillian and Grant’s story. Years ago, when Grant left for the Military he asked Jillian to wait for him. But when he came home he was not the same man so he broke her heart. Now they are just friends. She gives him chance after chance to be with her but it seems he does not want her until she dec
Erin Lewis
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 star review of Just One More Chance (Baytown Boys #2) by Maryann Jordan
This is Grant Wilder and Jillian Evans and is a second chance at love story.

They loved each other when they were young and Grant asked Jillian to wait for him to return from his tour of duty. Jillian waited but when Grant finally returned he was a man changed by the horrors of what he saw in the war and avoiding his hometown and Jillian.

Grant has finally returned to Baytown to join the police department, however all he
Dina
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a wonderful read. I'm so glad that Grant finally realized how special what he and Jillian had was.
The storyline and suspense was also really good and kept me on the edge on my seat
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grant Wilder is one of the original Baytown Boys, who joined the military right out of High School. However, after serving in Afghanistan, he came home with serious demons, to the point that he broke up with his High School sweetheart, Jillian Evans, who he had asked to wait for him. He made the decision for both of them that she was better off without him, and put her firmly in the friend zone, even going as far as flaunting his hookups in her face. Jillian did everything she could to give Gran ...more
CarolKat
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After leaving the service, Grant had avoided coming home but the call of the closeness of friends and family won out. Now on the police force in Baytown, he has to face Jillian.

Jillian promised to wait for him and she did. Even when he determined to put her in the 'friend zone' she was still waiting. Now after seeing him with so many hook-ups she's decided to try moving forward.

That didn't seem to go over very well with Grant, he apparently doesn't get that what's good for the gander is good for
Janna
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military-romance
Maryann Jordon – Just One More Chance - (Bay Town Boys Mysteries – Book 2)

You can read this book as a stand-alone or as a continuation of the wonderful series. Ms. Jordon continues to provide her readers with convincing plots, mystery and a lot of steamy passion. What more could you ask for?

We met Grant and Jillian in book 1. The “gang” have watched as Jillian and Grant dance around each other every since Grant returned from the service and is now a Bay Town Police Officer.

Before Grant left Bay
Melanie Marnell
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got this book as an ARC and feel so privileged to have been able to read it ahead of its release date.

Grant Wilder, one of the original Baytown Boys, is a cop and a veteran. His service memories are haunting him to the point he is keeping the woman he loves at arm's length. Jillian, Grant's long time love, has all but given up on him. He's had one too many chances and she needs to move on. Finally realizing he may have very well lost her, Grant finally takes steps to get the help he needs. No
Ddkmc95
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall I liked this book but it could have been a bit shorter...the relationship between Grant and Gillian seemed to drag on.
Grant and Gillian grew up together and were dating before he joined the military. It took Grant a while to return to Baytown but he’s finally back and is in the police force. He came back a broken man and feels unworthy of Gillian...until she decides to move on...then he decides to accept the counseling recommended by his fellow American Legionnaires.
Gillian has loved Gr
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another really good read from Maryann Jordan. This is the second book in this Baytown series. You don't need to read book 1, but it will help you to get familiar with some of the characters, although she does a good job introducing them again in this one. This is a close knit group of friends who have grown up together. The men went into the armed services and have now come home.

Grant and Jillian were high school sweethearts. Their future was always each other. When Grant was over seas though,
Rosemary
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was glad to get to read Grant and Jillian's story and as usually in a Baytown Boys book, there is always some mystery and suspense that happens that kept me guessing (and I guessed wrong, lol). As is the "norm" with the Baytown Boys, they aren't too bright when it comes to knowing when and how to love the woman they were meant to be but that just makes the romance all the more real. Grant and Jillian were always meant to be together and I am glad she gave him the One More Chance to get past al ...more
Gary Truman
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Way We Once Were

Grant & Jillian grew up together and dated and had planned a future together in till Grant joined the Military and went to war. He came home a changed man and only wanted to be friends with Jillian. She kept giving Grant chance after chance in till she decided to move on. Grant decided to seek help with a Military Counsler and asked Jill for one final chance and within a couple of months Grant told Jill the story about what happened. I wish it was that easy spent 48 years
Dawn Cruikshank
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just One More Chance

WOW! This is an intriguing story about second, third and fourth chances. Grant was keeping Jillian at arm's length since he returned from war. He couldn't deal with the thought of losing Jillian that he kept pushing her away. It finally dawned on Grant that Jillian was giving up on them. That's when he finally decided to seek help. Meanwhile, the drug problem was getting worse in their part of the country. When the FBI informed the guys about Jillian's involvement with the dr
Gladys
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a good book. I loved this emotional story about Grant and Jillian. Grant's backstory is all to typical and unfortunately too realistic. Grant is a former service member that is struggling the emotional baggage he acquired while doing his duty. This has caused him to distance himself from Jillian. Jillian has just about given up on Grant. She feels she must move on regardless of how much she loves him. Will this finally convince Grant to get the help he needs and deserves? Can she ev ...more
Hazel Harkins
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading book #2 of this series. This book is Jillian Evans and Grant Wilder's story.

When Grant returned to his hometown and let Jillian know that all he wanted was friendship she decides to move on trying to let her broken heart mend since she has always been in love with Grant but he has made his wishes clear. But is that what Grant truly wants? If so, why does it bother him so much to see her with another man.

This book is filled with heartbreak, mystery, death and PTSD. As Grant and J
Jaclyn Lavigne
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Maryann Jordan. I have been looking forward to Grant and Jillian's story since they were introduced in Coming Home. Throughout Coming Home, I kept wondering what was keeping these two people apart. What I got from Maryann in Just One More Chance was not only the answer, but a wonderful book with a roller coaster of emotions. I loved Grant and Jillian's story and watching Grant overcome his obstacles to get back to Jillian was a beautiful thing to read. The significance of the ...more
Joanne
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always anticipate a new book from Maryann this was no exception. Her books are filled with drama, intrigue and love. Three ingredients for an awesome book. Grant and Jillian altho old sweethearts are no closer to resolving their relationship since Grant returned to Baytown, unfortunately neither one can talk through their feelings until Jillian finally has enough and this wakes Grant up. Along with the new chapter of the American Legion old and new characters appear and through wise old heads ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just recently “discovered” Ms Jordan’s books, and have fallen in love with her writing. My only regrets are that it took me so long to find her and that I missed book one of this series.
This story centers around Grant, ex-military man who is currently working in the Baytown police department and Jillian, owner of a coffee shop and new gallery. These two have a history. One in which Grant has hurt Jillian deeply, not because he doesn’t love her, but because he loves her so much, he feels he is
Pontiki
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Grant has PTSD from his time in the military, but he won’t deal. Jillian has loved him all her life, has waited for him throughout his time away, then has been abandoned by him when he came home.

Grant finally comes around when Jillian tries to move on, and he asks for another chance. This time, he gets the help he needs, he talks to her about his experience in Afghanistan, and they begin to move forward together.

Better than the first book, interesting story with a drug running gang on the loos
Rachel Aoslin
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grant and Jillian were high school sweethearts who grew up together in Baytown.
Grant joined the army with Mitch on graduating high school and he came back a different man, who felt he wasn't man enough for Jillian!
This amazing story follows the heartache of what war does to service men and women and the people left behind, and how they try to cope with what they saw.
Follow these 2 fight for each other while going about their day to day lives. We also get to catch up with the rest of Baytown, Mi
Tamiam62aol.com
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow....

Wow..Maryann you've done it again... Your books get better and better.. I have loved everyone of your books..and this series is no different each book is so well. Written .like this series I want to move to this little town of yours and make it my home town,lol and the guys are so well rounded and great characters.. And the ladies too!!! Please don't miss out on a series I have grown to love and can't wait for the next book!! The ms for hours of great reading pleasure!!
Coffee Chat
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama, romance, suspense
This is another great book from Maryann Jordan. A second chance romance in a small town setting with mystery and suspense. The way its written made me feel part of the town and I enjoyed all the interesting characters. In the story line there is romance, drama and intrigue. This is a great story with interesting characters and it will keep your interest until the very end. I really enjoyed reading it and can't wait to read the other books in this series.
Laila Viking
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second book in the series. Can be read as a standalone but I would recommend reading the first to get familiar with the characters.
Well written with nice storyline and surprising plot. Characters are well described. The chemistry and passion is great.
Sometimes it felt that I read the same paragraf all over because the author repeated some of things again and again. But it is absolutely worth the read.
Susan Jordens
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Grant as he struggled to find his way after serving in the military and fighting bad memories. Although he loved Jillian he rejected her and this story was written with such feeling and care as their way together was developed.

As always Maryann Jordan has written a beautiful and moving story full of romance and also mystery.
Joanne
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again we return for another enthralling story with this relatively new series. Some of these Alphas are more than affected by the horrors of war, but once they find their girl it helps them find the strength to move forward and bind them together. Great series. Highly recommend this book and series

As an Award Winning and International Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo Best Selling Author, I have always been an avid reader. I joke that I "cut my romance teeth" on the old historical romance books. I’ve written as a hobby for over 30 years. In 2014, I finally gave in to the characters in my head pleading for their story to be told. Thus, Emma's Home was created.

My first novel, Emma's Home b

Baytown Boys (8 books)
  • Coming Home (Baytown Boys, #1)
  • Clues of the Heart (Baytown Boys Series)
  • Finding Peace (Baytown Boys)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Baytown Boys)
  • Sunset Flames (Baytown Boys)
  • Waiting for Sunrise (Baytown Boys Series)
  • Hear My Heart: Baytown Boys