Start by marking “Brew: Better Coffee at Home: Better Coffee at Home” as Want to Read:
Brew: Better Coffee at Home: Better Coffee at Home

Brew: Better Coffee at Home: Better Coffee at Home

If you're on a first-name basis with your barista but haven't perfected (or even attempted) making cafe-quality coffee at home, let Brew show you the way. In this approachable guidebook, author and coffee expert Brian W. Jones demystifies specialty coffee's complexities, teaches you how to buy the best beans and brewing equipment, offers in-depth primers for mastering vari ...more
Published September 1st 2016 by Dovetail

To ask other readers questions about Brew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brew

Evan
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. It was basic enough to be approachable to beginners but even as an experienced coffee drinker who already owns all these dorky gadgets and a few more, there were still things to learn. I especially liked the recipes and resources at the end.
Ryan Hawkins
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: coffee
A coffee table book about coffee. It was given as a gift, and I read it because I simply enjoy reading about the process of harvesting, roasting, and brewing coffee. It is 150+ pages, but half are pictures. So, it's short. But I did enjoy it, and it had some great, clear, concise info, similar to the Time Magazine Coffee book/magazine I read last year.
Andrew
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a coffee professional I really enjoyed this book. Although I didn’t learn anything new (minus the recipes section) I will recommend this book (if not buy this book) for all of my baristas. It’s a great entry level book for those interested in coffee. I really liked how Jones suggested a scale but still converted grams to table spoons as best as he could. Jones really makes coffee making a realistic thing for anyone who has the time to learn!
Johannes Duckeck
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: coffee
This has been fun to read during slow periods at my work in a coffee shop. So while I am maybe not the target audience of this book, I enjoyed it very much! I feel like it also gave me a good update on how to talk to someone who is new to the craft coffee scene and perhaps doesn’t enjoy the nerdiest of conversations.
This book is written really well, and the cocktail recipes in the back seem really tasty and I want to try them!
Rebecca Scaglione
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I learned so much reading this that I have changed the way I drink my daily coffee. I read it in small chunks while waiting in car line to pick up a child, so it took a long time but it was worth it.
Justin
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very informative, also had great photography. Not much else to say!

Recommended!
Steven Gagne
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great basic foundational teaching on coffee from origin to roasting to brew methods. Read the whole book in one evening.
Anastasia Cheremnykh
Sam
Feb 05, 2019
John
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Nicely designed book with great pictures and some interesting recipes toward the end. However, I found it lacking details needed to actually make great coffee. I recommend Craft Coffee as a better application guide. This is more of a coffee table designer piece.
Matthew G West