Start by marking “The Wanderer Awakens” as Want to Read:
The Wanderer Awakens

The Wanderer Awakens (Warden Global #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
My name is Viktor Engel Warden, and I’m here to tell you that there’s more to this world than you might suspect.

There are things that slither and pass unseen through the night, and it’s my job to stop them. But sometimes that’s easier said than done. Twenty years ago, I ended a nightmare that would’ve brought the world to its knees. I thought it was over…but I was wrong.
Published November 15th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The Wanderer Awakens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wanderer Awakens

Montzalee Wittmann
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Wanderer Awakens (Warden Global #1) by Ken Lange is a book I got to read in my email and the review is optional. The blurb and the first few pages were so awesome, I was really excited but then the book changed to a murder mystery. It was a horrible murder and it took almost 25% of the book before anything more supernatural happens again. It does it get better then. The action, mystery and plot are good. The last part of the book was quite good. I would give it a 3 1/2 star.
Mike (the Paladin)
Well crap.

This looked like a good book. The idea was/is good, the synopsis looked great...sadly the execution was less than wonderful.

Let me first say that I bought the Audible edition. One problem here was the reader/narrator. He just didn't do a good job. I'm sorry Mr. May, maybe you've done better work, I don't know. This however was not a great job of reading. It came across as stiff at places with the emotions coming across (when it did come across) sounded forced. Had the narration been be
Steve Caldwell
Most urban fantasy lately has been the usual wizard/mage/witch/warlock/druid, what have you detective/shop owner, etc protagonist. The Wanderer Awakens is not that book. In fact, its a pretty unique universe, which intersects fantasy, sci fi and a touch of Time travel and Norse mythology. Sound intriguing? It should, because this is one creative, not run of the mill book.

Victor Warden is a leader in a secret society whose mission is to stop the forces of darkness from taking over the world. That
Elizabeth Robbins
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, based on the author's recommended reading order, I read this book after reading Accension, which was well written urban fantasy. This story is written in the same world, and mentions some of the inhabitants of the other series, so it made sense. However, the origins of the characters came from an entirely different place than I expected! I was both surprised and amused by the references to classic sci-fi and mythology inherent here.
While I initially was curious as to the choice of narrator,
Chris Bell
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cosmic Calamities

This feels like a Jack Kirby silver age classic. The skillful blending of giant powers, ancient beings and day to day issues is a joy to behold. Putting to one side the authors obsession with crab cake Benedict (clearly the original eggs Benedict or eggs Florentine are superior) this is a true tour de force. A magnificent grounding in an intresting world.
Mr Lange has created here a world that you want to live in a d a fight that you want to win.
Mary
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, urban-fantasy
I received a copy of this book to review after answering a Twitter request for people interested in reviewing an urban fantasy book that involved Norse Mythology. Well, of course I did, I was a fan of Thor, and I'd read about all the Norse myths back when I was a child. So when I started reading it, and found it wasn't about Thor and had no six legged horses I was initially a tad disappointed. I needn't have been.
The book is written in the first person present tense which is a structure I strugg
Nervous Nellie Justice
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reviewed
This is a contemporary fantasy, a lot of treachery, scary monsters and plenty of death and dismemberment. The dismemberment is fairly graphic so be sure to be prepared. There isn’t a cliffhanger, but the end will make you want to hop into the next book, which is not published yet, so pace yourself.

I was so enthralled by this story that I whipped though it in no time flat. It was story to get lost in because the protagonist is exactly the kind of character I love to read. Viktor is snarky and sav
Ken Lange
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Why do they even ask me to fill this out? I mean I loved it... Of course, I wrote it... but yeah...It's awesome... No matter what I say here it sounds very self serving ... but read the book ... you'll love it.
NotTheNorm
Sep 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldnt-finish
The book was full of inconsitancies - main character lost his memory, but seems to remember just about everything, including how he's king/starborn/god only knows what. He's an alien, as far as I can figure out, but we're not told just how alien, because he's lost his memory. But as soon as his servant (for lack of a better word) shows up, he knows exactly how to interact with him. His daughter and ex-wife figure prominently, along with a cast of law enforcement officers. I'm not sure how old th ...more
Underground Book Reviews
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you like to read about wise-cracking, ass-kicking heroes going toe-to-toe with the fantastically monstrous, you wont go far wrong with The Wanderer Awakens. It’s a fast-paced, hard hitting supernatural adventure, with only a few elements that might make it unsuitable for YA audiences.

Read the rest of the review at UndergroundBookReviews.org
Nima
Apr 28, 2018
Cat
Jun 09, 2018
James
rated it did not like it
Feb 07, 2017
Cheryl
Apr 10, 2018
Free'D Demon
Apr 22, 2018
Ken Lange is a current resident of the 'Big Easy', along with his partner and evil yet loving cats. Any delay, typo or missed edit can and will be blamed on the latter's interference.

He arrived at this career a little later in life and his work reflects it. Most of his characters won't be in their twenties and they aren't always warm and fuzzy. He is of the opinion, that middle aged adults are wo
More about Ken Lange

Warden Global (3 books)
  • Sleipnir's Heart
  • Rise of the Storm Bringer
“What lies before me is the hollow husk of a memory turned nightmare, with bleached colors, crumbling structures, and rot corrupting everything it touches. This is the work of Mother Nature gone insane, exacting her revenge and delving deeper into madness in the process.” 1 likes
“The furious storm overhead speaks of Mother Nature’s rage over some unknown violation, and since I’m the only one here, it’s up to me to pay the tab.” 1 likes