Start by marking “Rule of Seconds” as Want to Read:
Rule of Seconds

Rule of Seconds

Four generations of women. Four generations of stories. Years of secrets. Rule of Seconds interlaces the extraordinary lives of four generations of one family in the Northern Ontario city of Sault Ste. Marie. The cyclical nature of themes and tragedy entwines the women and their histories. At age twenty-six, the narrator-protagonist Sheila recalls her past and that of her ...more
Published 2016 by Latitude 46

To ask other readers questions about Rule of Seconds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rule of Seconds

Zen
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found this novella to be very engaging. The writing style was clear and despite having many characters the story was easy to follow. Having lived in "the Soo" and coming from a Ukrainian background, I found the story very relatable.

Each generation of women in this book was fascinating, and we only get a glimpse of each one's life. I feel that Partridge has enough material to turn this story into a full-fledged novel, and I would love to read more about these "hard" women.
Lisa
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Was able to get a real a picture of life for the different generation of ladies.
Marc Gareau
Dec 04, 2016
A beautifully-written and lovingly-researched book! Rule of Seconds reminds me of a patchwork quilt with its layers upon layers of family history and personal stories. As someone who's researching my own great-grandparents' histories -- as Northern Ontario boarding house owners, no less -- this book was both fascinating and familiar.
Janice
Jan 16, 2018
Janine
Mar 06, 2017
Wendy Payne
rated it did not like it
Dec 20, 2016