Start by marking “Special Agent (Classified K-9 Unit, #3)” as Want to Read:
Special Agent (Classified K-9 Unit, #3)

Special Agent

(Classified K-9 Unit #3)

SUSPICION OF GUILT

Published June 6th 2017 by Love Inspired Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Special Agent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Agent

Start your review of Special Agent (Classified K-9 Unit, #3)
Hannah
I think this one's going to remain my favorite in the series. Max and Katerina work really well as a couple and I enjoyed the suspense of finding out who was after Katerina. I really enjoyed her character in particular and was glad to see her get her happy ending.
Clare O'Beara
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A bomb exploding at a horse barn is the dramatic start to this tale of crime and redemption. (No horses are harmed.) The agent involved is an FBI profiler who, with his K9 partner, a Boxer dog, is trained in explosives detection. They meet the daughter of the owner of this premises at the scene, who claims she has fallen out with both her domineering father and her loser boyfriend. Someone was using the horse barn setting to distribute drugs. Now, who could it be?

This is a detailed police proce
Kav
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great continuity series! I get so excited to see a new book coming out each month. I love looking for clues relating to the over-arcing suspense that will carry through all six books (this is Book Three) but I also enjoy the fact that each book reads very well as a standalone. Special Agent brings both romantic and suspense resolution for Max and Katerina...and Opal, bless her big ol' drooling heart!

So, aside from being enamored with the beautiful boxer on the cover, I think her partner i
Paula Legate
I have read 4 books in this series and have loved each book. I can’t wait to read the next one.

Katerina’s ex fiancé was a man tied to the criminal Dupree family. She had no idea the man she was about to be married too was into drug smuggling. She thought he was a business man. He got locked up, and now her reputation is trash. Her father disowned her. Someone thought she knew more than she did, and is stalking her. Bombs started exploding around her small town. Special agent Max and his K-9 par
Danielle
Title: Special Agent
Author: Valerie Hansen
Series: Classified K-9 Unit, 3
Format: ebook
Length: N/A
Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: SUSPICION OF GUILT
When Special Agent in Charge Max West and his K-9 partner, Opal, look into a series of bombings in Northern California, horse trainer Katerina Garwood instantly seems suspicious. As the ex-fiancee of a man tied to the criminal Dupree family, Katerina may know more than she's letting on--especially since the infamous syndicate is targeting her. And Max isn't
Pam
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Special Agent: Classified K-9 Unit is by Valerie Hansen. It is a love inspired Suspense and has no objectionable language or sex scenes. It is a good read about K-9 units and the men and women who serve with the dogs. It is also a book about second chances.
Special Agent Max West and his partner, Opal are in Northern California looking into a series of bombings. Max thinks they are linked to the Dupree crime family. His latest suspect is Katerina Garwood, a horse trainer, who was engaged to a ma
Glenda Parker
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the continuity series, Classified K-9 Unit. I really enjoyed it and I know you will too. Valerie is one of my favorite authors in fact the whole series is written by my favorite authors. This book is well written, action packed, and full of faith. You are going to love this one.
Special Agent in Charge Max West and his partner, Opal are in a search for explosives. His search has brought him to California. A woman that had been engaged to a man that was involved with a cr
Busybeth76
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spring Summer romance

Special Agent Max West has been avoiding relationships or affairs of the heart for quite a while. But when Katerina Harwood comes into his life as a possible suspect in his case in Northern California he doesn't expect she'll win him over. She's young, (22 to his 33), naive and her former fiancee is the criminal he's investigating. How can he believe she's not involved in the criminal activity, as she purports? But as Max and his K9 partner, Opal, keep saving Katerina from e
Lizzi
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The thrilling third installment of The Classified K-9 Unit was filled with twists and turns and non-stop action.
Katerina Garwood has had her reputation dragged through the mud due to getting involved with a man who wasn't who he said he was. Now she's being threatened because the men her former fiancé worked for think he gave her something to hide for him. It's up to Special Agent in Charge Max West and his partner, a boxer named Opal, to keep Katerina safe and figure out who her stalker truly
PinkPiratePanda
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Special Agent. I am a big animal lover, unfortunately I do not have any dogs of my own, (yet) but I do have 13+ cats...
I feel like this book gave a glimpse into what it would be like to be an FBI agent with a dog, of course it is probably not, but it was very enjoyable to imagine that.
I enjoyed watching the main characters go from suspicion to falling in love and their adventure on the way.
I want to read the rest of the series, because there seems to be more back story and futu
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Special Agent Max West along with his K-9 partner are on a mission to get the Dupree family and he’s convinced Katerina Garwood is the key to the answers he needs. After confronting her at her father’s ranch where she’s nearly blown up Max takes it upon himself to be her bodyguard so he can keep a close eye on her at the same time. When threats start to escalate into attempts on Katerina’s life and he’s coming to realize how much she means to him, he knows he must act. Can Max and Katerina figur ...more
Cathy Beckett
3.5 rating. Third installment of the Classified K9 Unit: FBI series was written by Valerie Hansen. The heroine, Katerina Garwood, was a little too naive for words and was constantly getting into mischief. Special Agent Max West, the head of the special K9 tactical force for the FBI is our hero. I loved him in the first two installments and his K9 partner, Opal.
If I have a complaint about the book Ms. Hansen has a tendency toward getting a little preachy at times, which to me, is a distraction. I
Merle
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good episode of the series, including an impetuous twenty-two-year-old who is almost too much for a seasoned, over-thirty agent who has been burned before.

Still searching for a missing agent and a few missing criminals, this one takes the team to California where mysterious bombings are centered around a ranch, a woman and her ex-fiance who was the criminal her father told her he was.
Many recriminations and rejections later, they find the reason so much was happening under their noses. Another p
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
More suspense then romance, I found this story a fun and easy read. The male lead is believable and relatable while the female lead takes a little time to warm up to, but overall is likable. Overall, the story is well paced and kept my attention with a somewhat surprise twist at the end. The only real downside I found was how easy the two find romance and love in the end without a ton of personal connections made beforehand to support it.
Hazel Robinson
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the continuity

A bit less action then the previous books in the series, but I enjoyed it none the less. Loved the humor between Max and Katerina. Max nor Katerina wanted to put themselves out there to love again. Katerina had fallen for a con man and Max had losted his fiancee in an accident. God had different plans for these two. This story had attempted kidnapping, attempted murder, and a few explosions. Cannot wait for the next book in the series.
Charline Bonham
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Special Agent Max West and his K-9 partner Opal, are in California to investigate bombings. Katerina Garwood is a person of interest since she was the fiancee of a man with ties to the Dupree crime family. She claims she doesn't know anything but if that is true, why are they so interested in her. The more Max gets to know her, he is starting to believe but cannot let down his guard. That would be dangerous to both of them. Love the 'Classified K-9 Unit' series but each is a stand alone.
Lynn
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SOOO GOOD!

Sometimes a book just grabs me and this one certainly did. Since the book is part of a series I'd read about Max before but he and Opal are such a dynamic pair. I can't imagine what a service Opal does as a dog that can smell explosives. These dogs are absolutely amazing!
Brenda C. McAllister
EXCELLENT

I chose this rating because the book was well written, including what I this kind of Christian novel should include: a relationship with God, intrigue, mystery, love relationships and a great ending, or in this case a great lead in to the next book
Mary Baker
I enjoy the dogs that are trained for various aspects of law enforcement. This novel was way too contrived. The plot and characters weren't as developed as they could have been. This book was a safe, easy read in spite of the possible dangers involved.
Susan
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark
I won this book through Goodreads. Another great book in the series. The characters were very likeable and real. Plus my favorite things.
Romance
Suspense
And Animals.
Geneva Stokes
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Classified K-9 Unit series is a fun read. I love reading about animals, in general, especially S&R, these Police dogs are just wonderful. ...more
Theresa Hurley
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this one with Max, Katerina and Opal!
Patricia
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loved the story, i have read several in the series all very good, if you like suspense, romance, and animals you will love the book.
Joy Avery
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best in this series!
Sandra Webb
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in the series. I love stories with animals and this series is full of them. Beautiful romance and lots of drama.
Nicole
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love reading this book. I would like to the others in this series
Nancy
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sell4credit
Very loose plot and it seemed silly.
Brook
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Light read, easy on the heart. This was a gift from a young friend to me and one I thoroughly enjoyed.
Holli
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Of the series, this have been my favorite so far! Truly enjoying the story line, character development , and wisps of humor ... Nice job ladies
Elaine Leonard
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I had an idea who the bad guy was but was surprised at who it was. I love stories with dogs who have special training or even are pets. I have a dog who is house and crate trained and that is enough for me.

• Top Secret Target (Military K-9 Unit #3)
  • Standing Fast (Military K-9 Unit #4)
  • Explosive Force (Military K-9 Unit, #6)
  • Battle Tested (Military K-9 Unit #7)
  • Rescue Operation (Military K-9 Unit)
  • Agent-in-Training (Classified K-9 Unit, #0.5)
  • Valiant Defender (Military K-9 Unit #8)
  • Mission to Protect (Military K-9 Unit #1)
  • Dead End (Kaely Quinn Profiler Book #3)
  • Protecting Tanner Hollow (Tanner Hollow, #1-4)
  • Secrets and Lies (Rookie K-9 Unit #5)
  • Blind Trust (True Blue K-9 Unit #3)
  • Act of Valor (True Blue K-9 Unit)
  • Vanished in the Night (Wrangler's Corner #6)
  • Deep Undercover (True Blue K-9 Unit #4)
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • Holiday Amnesia (Wrangler’s Corner #7)
  • Sworn to Protect (True Blue K-9 Unit)
Valerie Hansen is the pen name of Valerie Whisenand.

Although I have been a published author since the mid 1980s, I have been writing women's Christian fiction almost exclusively since 1999.

There is a longer, more detailed bio on my website so there's no need for me to repea

Classified K-9 Unit (7 books)
  • Guardian (Classified K-9 Unit, #1)
  • Sheriff (Classified K-9 Unit, #2)
  • Bounty Hunter (Classified K-9 Unit, #4)
  • Bodyguard (Classified K-9 Unit)
  • Tracker (Classified K-9 Unit, #6)
  • Classified K-9 Unit Christmas: A Killer Christmas\Yuletide Stalking (Classified K-9 Unit, #7)

News & Interviews