Start by marking “The Magnate's Tempestuous Marriage (Marrying a Tycoon #1)” as Want to Read:
The Magnate's Tempestuous Marriage (Marrying a Tycoon #1)

The Magnate's Tempestuous Marriage (Marrying a Tycoon #1)

3.16  ·  Rating details ·  90 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The perfect marriage?

Mining magnate Scott McAllister thinks that inexperienced, biddable Sarah is the perfect wife. Until he's led to believe she's committed the ultimate betrayal! When he confronts her, Sarah's defiant response astounds Scott, sparking a desire to uncover these unseen passionate depths...

Sarah is furious Scott believed such lies, but even more furiou
Published April 18th 2017 by Harlequin Presents

To ask other readers questions about The Magnate's Tempestuous Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magnate's Tempestuous Marriage

StMargarets
Bland marriage-in-peril story that is in peril because of the heroine's co-worker was making trouble. The heroine was sent messages to be wary of the hero's PA and the hero got pictures of the heroine eating lunch with a co-worker. Guess who bit?

The hero accuses the heroine of cheating. She leaves. He has second thoughts. They talk it out after a lonely week apart. The co-worker does not get a real comeuppance - in fact the heroine quits her job - so no justice here.

It was that predictable of a
Rgreader
The storytelling was underwhelming and the heroine was annoying. Two negatives which overwhelmingly impacted my reading so I dnf'd on page 38. Also, the gay best friend, a trope that's so boring to me. Why not a best friend who's Black, Asian, Muslim or Christian? Or just leave out the obvious activism of LGBTQ and focus on the heroine and hero's journey to hea. I don't read romance for reality anyway. I read it to escape reality.
Jenny
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Super angsty and intense read about a marriage in trouble. But it had some problems. The author never told us what the cheating pics showed and the lack of an epilogue! Instead of an epilogue we got an author note telling us the heroine had twins. Awful ending! 3 stars for me!
Xai Xai
Apr 08, 2017 rated it liked it
More angst.....ok read.
Fabiola Chenet
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rectification: elle n'embrassait pas du tout un inconnu sur les photos. Elle ne faisait rien de plus qu'être en sa présence mais là où le héros a eu un doute, c'est ce qui s'est passé pendant qu'elle était avec cet inconnu

J'ai beaucoup aimé le livre et les héros. Ils ont clairement un problème de confiance car leur relation a été trop rapide. Ils doivent tous les deux faire des efforts même si le héros doit vraiment se faire pardonner.

Les Azur ont vraiment évolué et je m'en suis rendu compte ave
Martha
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book, but for some reason it took me awhile before I finished it.
Sofia
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Frustrating book. The type where you think, had they talked any of this out, it wouldn't even had had as much content to cover an entire chapter.
Deborah
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved the storyline. Yes, both Scott and Sarah have trust issues. Yes, they need to communicate better. It was an enjoyable read.
Tonya Warner
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sarah fell for Scott McAllister at first sight. And he fell for her. A whirlwind romance and the married quickly. Maybe too quickly as their first anniversary rolls around, Scott is convinced Sarah has cheated on him. And Sarah is questioning if Scott and his PA might have something going on.

Sarah can not deal with Scott not trusting in her, even though the evidence could be construed as damning. But with her family history, it's more than she can deal with and decides a few weeks away might hel
Biggaletta Day
Great writing, great hero but annoying heroine. I'm giving it five stars because despite of the irritating heroine, it's an excellent read and I enjoyed it. Miranda Lee is a great story teller! Please read other reviews for balance.

Regarding the heroine, I couldn't stand her demanding & jealous ways and sense of self entitlement. It was like she was manipulating the hero all the time - messing with his mind. This is one of the few books where I thought the hero could do better. Even when Sar
Debra
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Magnate's Tempestuous Marriage

This story has started out with him accusing her of infidelity. She refused to argue and left. This was a sweet story for the most part. When he got his mind cleared out he was able to figure out that they needed to talk. But she had been hurt. So it seems that two hard headed people would have headed to divorce but for people who cared about them. Will they get together? Or will she leave him?
Izzie d
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it
A quick marriage and busy lives leads to a lack of communication so when problems arise they have no foundation to fall back on to keep them together. I did find it refreshing that the hero was not afraid to admit he loved the heroine.
Annie Burrows
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-romances
A skilfully written tale of a marriage in trouble.
Klynn
Oct 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: contemporary
Wow this was bad
RomLibrary
She is a lawyer They meet at her company office. He is a big, brawny mining tycoon so he is a little insecure about the lawyers she works with. He received "cheating" photos from lawyer in her office that wanted to break them up.
Tia
Apr 12, 2017
Okapet
Feb 20, 2018
Maldheetah
rated it did not like it
Oct 17, 2017
Emi
May 28, 2018
Diana McVicker
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from this author! Highly recommend it!!
Lily
Aug 20, 2017
Caroline
Oct 09, 2017
Gwen
Mar 08, 2018
Anne Griffin
most boring book I have ever read. both main characters beyond dull. I would definitely cheated if I was stuck in this marriage.
Rae
May 15, 2017
Skipabeat
May 29, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Miranda Lee was born at Port Macquarie, a popular seaside town on the Mid-North Coast of New South Wales, Australia, and is the youngest of four children. Her father was a country school teacher and brilliant sportsman. Her mother was a talented dressmaker. When Miranda was ten, her father was transferred to Gosford, another coastal town in the countryside, much closer to Sydney. After leaving her ...more
More about Miranda Lee

Marrying a Tycoon (3 books)
  • The Tycoon's Outrageous Proposal
  • The Tycoon's Scandalous Proposition: A Marriage of Convenience Romance (Marrying a Tycoon)