Start by marking “Warrior (Galactic Gladiators, #2)” as Want to Read:
Warrior (Galactic Gladiators, #2)

Warrior

(Galactic Gladiators #2)

Fighting for love, honor, and freedom on the galaxy’s lawless outer rim…

It was supposed to be an exciting job on a space station, but instead, scientist Dr. Regan Forrest finds herself fighting for her life when she’s kidnapped by alien slavers. Far from Earth and forced into a violent gladiatorial arena on the outer rim, she finds herself swept into the brawny arms of a
Published November 6th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior

Start your review of Warrior (Galactic Gladiators, #2)
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Warrior is book two in the Galactic Gladiators series by Anna Hackett.

Hackett is an amazing science fiction romance author. I feel in love with this series and devoured it one book after another. Warrior captivated me from beginning to end.

House of Galen is the home of the biggest and baddest gladiators in the galaxy.

Regan is another human women who was abducted by alien slavers and transported to the other side of the galaxy. She is rescued by her friend from book one, Harper. Here we see
Mei
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
Cute SF romance, but the heroine was too weak and sometimes TSTL for me.
Marta Cox
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Having somehow survived a hellish ordeal Regan is now far from home with no way to return. Thrust into a world of violence were might equals right. Yes she's overjoyed to be reunited with her friend Harper but it's the scarily remote gladiator Thorin that catches her eye. Determined to be useful Regan utilises her botanist skills to find a way to be productive. When out in the market though Regan realises her cousin Rory is being held as a slave somewhere on the planet. Regan will do everything ...more
Indelicate Reviews by DD
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, reviewed-2019
4.5 STARS

This is a very interesting series with a nice dose of hotness!

Thorin is a beast. One of the biggest and strongest gladiators in the ring. When I said beast I meant beast. He has kept his other side leashed for years but his beast is becoming hard to contain around Regan. Thorin always thought it would take a physically strong woman to handle all his desires but finding this curvy intelligent Earth woman has cause him to rethink what he and his beast need.

Regan is beyond happy to have
Book Gannet
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
I can’t believe I’m about to say this, because I usually love Anna Hackett’s stories, but I very nearly put this book down unfinished. Several times. I found the first book in the series fun, if a little formulaic with its alpha male fighters, but this one wasn’t even fun. At least not at first. I have a few reasons for this.

Let’s start with Regan. Having read the first book, Gladiator, I knew she was in the attack on the space station and turned into a slave, which was a horrible time and got
Carolyn Reilly
Loved it! Looking forward to the next book in the Gladiator series :-)
CC
I liked it but not as much as the first. Thorin pushed Regan away too much. And Regan took his shit. Thorin also did something I HATE (view spoiler). But I really like this series and cannot wait for Galen's book!
Raine
Was ok

I wasn't as enthusiastic about this second book as I was of the first book. I liked the characters well enough along with the storyline, but something about this book just didn't click with me. Maybe I feel it is the same recipe over again - human slave rescued by barbarian gladiator and they fall in love. The action is there,but I think it is !missing that emotional component. I think I'll take a break from. Reading the next in the series.
angelblue
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
*Review pending*

In the meantime though...

Loved, loved LOVED this book. 5 stars is nowhere near enough!
Paraphrodite
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
3.5 stars.

This is The Geek and the Gladiator - sci-fi style , or as one of the other characters called them "The Beauty and the Beast". (view spoiler)

I'm not sure whether Reagan is brave or stupid for her defiance since she's the smallest and weakest being around but it's cute seeing big, scary
Ira
3.75 stars.
Ariel Marie
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The big bad warrior!!

Loved this one just as much as the first!! I'm truly hooked to this series!! Lots of kick ass action and steamy scenes! On to the next one!
Zuzu Lu
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is full of action and the romance I crave! Love knowing that there are so many books in this series, I feel like when I get to binge watch shows on Netflix! Going to gorge myself on the rest and then move on to Anna's Hell Squad series (16 in that one). If you loved the movie Gladiator (I sure did) then you should definitely check this series out. Does have Less death and more lovin'!
Elb4966
Jan 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Did not finish reading.

I stopped because the main character was unrealistic. She had been kidnapped and enslaved and was recently rescued. She knows her environment is rough where might makes right. She knows she is a small female with NO experience with protecting herself. Yet she continuously puts herself in situations where she can get hurt stating she can take care of herself, when it is obvious she can not protect herself in that environment. Now I love strong female leads, but that
Literati Literature Lovers
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hot and Short

Not a long complex novel, but fiery hot and quick read about three hours. BTW did I saw HOT I meant scorching. Sexy Alien Gladiator plus Earth Girl = explosive explicit bedroom romp. Not much Science Fiction as mostly swords and axes, but fun escapism.
Hollie
This was just an "ok" read for me. I found it to be overly predictable and cliche. I doubt I will continue this series.
SheLove2Read
Jun 07, 2017 marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2017
Just not feeling it. DNF
Angela~supermom~
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first in this series was the 3rd book I read this year.

Now I'm giving myself a mental shake because why the hell did I not continue!? Seriously, I loved this one almost as much as the first.

Almost.

There were a few things that bothered me in this one.

Although I liked Thorin for the most part, he pushed Reagan away a lot. Like dude, enough is enough. And as if that wasn't bad enough he... (view spoiler)
Miku
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an OK read.

Seriously, I didn't like the story much unlike the first. The two main couple in the story just didn't work for me. I didn't like Regan in the story [may be I was expecting too much from her of how she was portrayed in the first book] with her whiny character and over fragile characteristic when she was supposed to have learn some basic combats in the first story. In her we just read of Regan as somewhat childish that throws tantrums and is always in need of rescue. I know
alicat ♡➹♡
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance, aliens, ku
Another great one, smart and feisty heroine and a somewhat angsty gladiator.
Kristiej
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was giddy with excitement when I read the first book in the series and gave it a most enthusiastic 5 stars but the giddiness had calmed down somewhat when I started this book.

This is an ongoing series about a group of space explorers from Earth who were captured by a nasty group of Slavers. The first book set the series up and this continues the tale of a group of galactic gladiators who dedicate their time when not in the ring, helping out the group of Earth people.

Regan Forrest is the
Amyiw
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice SF romance novella. The heroine was TSTL a couple of time yet she is this smart scientist. The end pushed readers belief of her plant for healing ability. Still it was more for the relationship. It was sweet with two insecure people when it comes to their relationships.
Andrie
I have to admit something here. I basically, kind of skipped all the inner dialogue and some of the action. I was just reading the scenes that the mc interacted with each other.
*raising my hand* Guilty. That's why I gave it 3 stars. Their scenes were nice and hot and everything but other than that, but overall I don't have a clue what went on.
Cailin
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling and fun!

This fast-paced off-world romance entertained me and I enjoyed it. The imagery was vivid, the characters different and fun, and themes relatable.
Kim
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 Same review as Gladiator, the first book in the series
Tiblu
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Not bad....

Not bad,but I really preferred Raiden and Harper's story... Some stories when you like them or dislike whether it's true or can feel based in the passionate or even dispassionate responses they invoke in you like a series of rights and wrongs ,what you was right w/the story or wrong w/the story and since it's often up to opinion it can be hard to say at times.. Here it's pure opinion...
This just wasn't for me.... Personally I HATE the whole I can't say/realize I LOVE YOU,til the VERY
Reya Reychelle
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Once again generic, & the main hero’s self incrimination was suffocating! I mean I was literally gagging on the pretension martyrdom. However, they are quick reads & free, plus I like the overall story arc- so I’ll likely keep reading.
Kelly
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Somehow I ended up reading this series out of order (you know, that happens more than I like to admit, but let's not dwell on my shortcomings, shall we?), so I've seen the end result of Thorin and Regan and kinda loved it. But then, surly, broodingly oversized heroes with dark secrets are kind of my thing so that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Frankly, Thorin has the surly, brooding, and oversized part down. Plus, he has the big, dark secret from his past he doesn't want Regan to know
Dísir
Anna Hackett's imagination knows no bounds, and for that I'll always keep reading what she churns out with loads of awe and fangirling. I'll be the first to admit though, that I'm still on the fence with this series where ancient Rome's bloodiest gladiators meet Star Wars and Bladerunner combined (even if the intertextual references give me the biggest shivers).

Originality aside, there are also clichés upon clichés, the glaring one being the instant lust which converts into love too easily, and
Angarad
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book as part of the ARC team in exchange for an honest review and I have to say how lucky I feel overtime I receive an ARC and for Ms Hackett's trust.

In regards to Warrior, what to say except, this is another success!!! An emotive start after Regan is saved from slavers by Thorin and his gladiator family. However, despite her petite size and non combattant background, Regan is surprisingly tough and shows a great inner strength. She and Thorin share a ver intense and explosive
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Tamed (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #1)
  • Seized (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #2)
  • Kraev (Warriors Of Rae, #1)
  • Electric Heart (Dark Planet Warriors, #7)
  • Forged in Shadow (Dark Planet Warriors, #5)
  • Infinity's Embrace (Dark Planet Warriors, #6)
  • Exposed (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #3)
  • Dark Planet Falling (Dark Planet Warriors, #2)
  • The Alien's Lover (Warriors of Luxiria, #3)
  • Shadow (Galaxy Gladiators #2)
  • Zar (Galaxy Gladiators #1)
  • Out of Darkness (Dark Planet Warriors, #4)
  • The Alien's Touch (Warriors of Luxiria, #4)
  • The Commander's Captive (House Of Kaimar, #1)
  • Bound (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #6)
  • The Arcav Prince's Captive (Arcav Alien Invasion, #5)
  • The Alien's Prize (Warriors of Luxiria, #1)
  • Into the Light (Dark Planet Warriors, #3)
I’m Anna and I’m a USA Today bestselling author who’s passionate about action romance. I love stories that combine the thrill of falling in love with the excitement of action, danger and adventure. I write about people overcoming unbeatable odds and achieving seemingly impossible goals. I like to believe it’s possible for all of us to do the same.

My parents are to blame for my insatiable need to

Galactic Gladiators (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Gladiator (Galactic Gladiators, #1)
  • Hero (Galactic Gladiators, #3)
  • Protector (Galactic Gladiators, #4)
  • Champion (Galactic Gladiators, #5)
  • Barbarian (Galactic Gladiators, #6)
  • Beast (Galactic Gladiators, #7)
  • Rogue: Information Rogue / Desert Rogue (Galactic Gladiators, #8)
  • Guardian (Galactic Gladiators, #9)
  • Cyborg (Galactic Gladiators, #10)
  • Imperator  (Galactic Gladiators #11)
“You women of Earth are so stubborn.” “And gladiators aren’t?” 0 likes