Start by marking “La Tempête des échos (La Passe-Miroir, #4)” as Want to Read:
La Tempête des échos (La Passe-Miroir, #4)

La Tempête des échos

(La Passe-Miroir #4)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  8,342 ratings  ·  1,113 reviews
Le monde est sens dessus dessous. L’effondrement des arches a bel et bien commencé. Une seule solution pour l’enrayer : trouver le responsable. Trouver l’Autre. Mais comment faire sans seulement savoir à quoi il ressemble ? Ophélie et Thorn se lancent ensemble sur la piste des échos, ces étranges phénomènes qui semblent la clef de toutes les énigmes. Ils devront explorer p ...more
Published November 28th 2019 by Gallimard Jeunesse

To ask other readers questions about La Tempête des échos, please sign up.
Ananko-san I would guess it could be released around April/May 2021. The second book was released in April 2019, the third will be released in May 2020. So I'd a…moreI would guess it could be released around April/May 2021. The second book was released in April 2019, the third will be released in May 2020. So I'd assume the fourth one will be out about a year later. But that's only a guess, since I couldn't find an english release date.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
alessias.bookshelf
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  8,342 ratings  ·  1,113 reviews

Start your review of La Tempête des échos (La Passe-Miroir, #4)
Mary
Jun 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
I hated this book. The more I think about it the more I hate it, I better stop or I'll end up despising the very paper it's written on. I had a feeling this would happen because I wasn't a fan of La Mémoire de Babel but I hoped this book would redeem it: silly me for thinking that, when the signs were all there.

Thinking back to the first two books in the series (which I really loved), I realise that what pulled me in was the whole politics-and-court-drama thing and there was nothing like that he
Gaelle ✨ (asparklingchapter)
Mais ce puits n'était pas plus vrai qu'un lapin d'Odin. 🐰

Honestly, my emotions are all over the place. This was a brilliant conclusion to this marvelous series. This book was truly moving and self-reflecting. I am in awe and heartbroken, wow. I'll forever cherish those characters, and Ophelie is for sure in my top 5 main characters of all times, hands down. Also, Christine Dabos has some wonderful writing skills, I hope the English version does justice to the original.
5/5 stars, THIS BOOK. I CRI
The Artisan Geek
Nov 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
27/11/19
Bruh. I needed this book like yesterday. I would honestly start learning French just to read this lmao.

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Website
Sara the dreamer
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5*
Ok so. I stayed up late last night to finish this book and I’m very sad to say that this is maybe my least favorite in the entire series. The very very end - and by that I mean the last ten pages or so - were extremely disappointing.
Overall, I felt like this last book was trying too much: the plot was too complicated for nothing, with new characters suddenly having so much more importance than the other ones we followed since book one, plus plot points that served nothing and were introduce
Mathilde
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
There's always going to be high emotional stakes when it comes to the final book in a series you really loved, and I knew that going in. Nevertheless, even that knowledge couldn't protect me from being very sad at the end. I have so many thoughts (and feelings!).

First off, I definitely understand why people did not like this book as much (the lower average rating on Goodreads had mentally prepared me a little- though ofc it's still above 4 stars). In any instance where you build your world arou
Marine
~2.75 stars.

Well, I’m disappointed. RTC

Original review: I am so, so excited for this book, y'all have no idea.
Michael Finocchiaro
- NO SPOILERS -
The end of this quartet was sometimes hard to follow, but still fun to read and of course it was great to accompany Ophélie on the end of her adventures. I wish we had seen more of Archibald and Berenilde, but there was a LOT of ground to cover in this book and I think that Dabos just didn't have the space to include any more about them. It is a compelling end to a fun quartet and a real pleasure to have read the whole thing in a few weeks. My kids (10 and 13) both enjoyed it as
Ksenia A.
Apr 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Let me start this review by saying that I don't tend to read Young Adult books. If anything, I usually look down on adults that read them. And yet I picked up this series. Partially because it was highly visible near the checkout of my local library, partially because the world building intrigued me.
Do I regret it? No, despite all the mandatory YA tropes that I cringed through. And yet this series overall has left me with a sour aftertaste.

Now onto A Tempest of Echoes specifically. It has been
emilia

What kind of fuckery was that?!
This book felt COMPLETELY rushed. It wanted to be so smart, and failed horribly.
It had (some) great ideas, but lost its way in the first hundred pages. It was also very confusing, and just WAAAY over its own head with all the topics it wanted to cover.

I’m so disappointed because I LOVED the first two installments of the saga, and thought that the third one was solid. But now this?! WHAT?!

...
Mo So
Aug 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Serena
Jul 11, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last volume of the Mirror Visitor Quartet is a breath-taking, over-the-top page turner. It’s also messy, confusing and convoluted. Some subplots from the former books are left adrift and even if the most important questions are answered, not everything is explained or clarified. It’s not a perfect book, but it’s a fitting closure for this bizarre and imaginative story full of heart and wonder.
In this finale, the author focussed on the core mystery of the plot and on the two main characters.
Vio
Aug 18, 2020 rated it liked it
2.75 ☆
I enjoyed reading this fourth book, but to be honest it is not nearly as good as the first two.
Such good ideas and characters, I am disappointed at how all of it feels kind of wasted here. Too many unnecessary new plots and too many great characters left behind.
So sad, it was so close to entering amongst my favourite series!
Kat (Bookish Blades)
*bangs fist on table*
give me more than that
Erofan
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally, the full picture of the world invented by the author opens before the readers. The puzzle of the past and present has been formed and all the secrets have surfaced. I admire this series of books!
gedreading
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Idk what to say. I feel weird
Kyat Meow Dragon rawr
Jul 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Meh.
andhercoffeecup
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you know this utterly desperate search for one last sentence, even one last word, after finishing a really good book? When you flick through every last page because you're hoping for something - anything! - more to come? That's me with this beauty of a book.

I totally get why people might've had some trouble enjoying this finale. I really had to concentrate and focus on every word to follow up with all the explainations - because not even the tiniest bit of information seemed to be irrelevant
Henry
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I gave it four stars but I honestly don't know what to think of it. My heart aches and I've been crying for the last fifteen minutes. This book was. So good. And so much, and so many things, and I feel I won't ever be able to truly put my thoughts about it into words. ...more
Lisa
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites-2020
What a phenomenal ending to this series! It was intriguing all the way through, the atmosphere was amazing. I couldn't put it down. Ophelia and Thorn really have come a long way.

This is definitely one of the most unique series I've ever read. I'm already looking forward to rereading it.
Eule Luftschloss
trigger warning
(view spoiler)

Love this whole series.
Appoline Piotrowski
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have too many feels to process right now to give an elaborate review.
Manon
Lena
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
no talk to me I'm in pain ...more
Nancy Breyer
Although I usually don't enjoy series, I devoured all four books in no time. There were moments during the middle were the action was a bit dragging and I felt Christelle Dabos was getting lost on technicalities but I've always wanted to know what was coming next and couldn't wait to get started with the next book in the series.

The universe felt fresh, the characters fleshed out, with a real and deep development, meaningful relationships, the main plot amazingly original and surprising.
Although
Anis
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm kind of disturbed by the end of this series. I'm not used to "open ending" but also it's a great way to imagine ourself the real ending! It's a little bit frustrating though aaaah!

These novels were great though, the characters were interesting and the author really have this unlimited imagination which is not given to everyone. She has created such a complicated world but it was fascinating. I loved it, I loved to be Ophelia and follow her adventure.

A great ending to a great novel series, I
Hannah
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who would have thought, while joyfully reading the first book of this series, that it would all lead up to This? This part is more difficult to follow than the other three, since so many things are happening and everything is escalating quickly, the overall tone of it is different and shows us the urgency of the matter Ophelia finds herself in. I found it very entertaining regardless and was okay with the final ending.
Chiara
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5/5 stars
Selina
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Forsaken (The Demon Trappers, #1)
  • Beautiful Beast
  • The Rebel's Redemption (Mershano Empire, #3)
  • Kill Switch (Devil's Night, #3)
  • Bad Teacher (Unprofessional Bad Boys, #1)
  • The Unrequited
  • The Charmer's Gambit (Mershano Empire #2)
  • The Prince's Game (Mershano Empire, #1)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Gabrielle (Le goût du bonheur, #1)
  • Adélaïde (Le goût du bonheur, #2)
  • La Tresse
  • Egomaniac
  • All Grown Up
  • Torn (All Torn Up, #1)
  • Misconduct
Christelle Dabos was born in 1980 on the French Riviera and grew up in a home filled with classical music and historical puzzles. More imaginative than cerebral, she begins to scribble her first texts on the benches of the faculty. Settled in Belgium, she intends to be a librarian when a disease occurs. Writing then becomes an escape from the medical machinery, then a slow reconstruction and final ...more

La Passe-Miroir (4 books)
  • A Winter's Promise (The Mirror Visitor #1)
  • Les Disparus du Clairdelune (La Passe-Miroir, #2)
  • La Mémoire de Babel (La Passe-Miroir, #3)

News & Interviews

“J'ai besoin que tu aies besoin de moi, c'est aussi élémentaire que ça. Et je sais pertinemment que, dans ce conflit d'intérêts qui nous oppose, je suis condamné à être le perdant. Parce que je suis plus possessif que tu ne le seras jamais et parce qu'il y a des choses que je ne peux pas remplacer.” 5 likes
“Un ami est une route, un ennemi est un mur.” 1 likes