Start by marking “The Unseen” as Want to Read:
The Unseen

The Unseen

(Order of the Bell #2)

Crescenzo and his friends may have survived their confounding journey to the enchanted realms of Florindale, but now they find themselves fighting for their sanity and lives while stuck on the other side of the very mirror they set out to destroy.

Paperback
Published May 9th 2017 by Blaze Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Unseen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unseen

Start your review of The Unseen
Chelsies Reading Escape
The Unseen is the sequel to the Carver which I read last year. In this series we follow different fairytale characters and their kids going on adventures in different worlds to stop the Evil Queen. We get too follow a bunch of perspectives in the different worlds but I think the daugther of Alice Rosanas time in Wonderland was the story that intrigued me the most. I thought the the concept and the setting were fascinating but I dont know if thats enough for me.

I remember wanting a character lis
stefansbooks
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Unseen 4/5⭐️s
1. I love the concept of Alice's daughter in Wonderland! It's just sooo cool!
2. I hate the word "chum" so freaking much😂 It's just soooo annoying!
3. I'm sorry to say that I find this book way too predictable with many cliché plots. For example, the 1000 who ended up in Wonderland.
4. Unless you ignore the childish dialogues and the childish way the characters are thinking, they do NOT read like 15 year olds. Most of the time, I feel as if they are at least 17-20. One second they
Carla
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it ! RTC
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, fantasy
I was a little disappointed with this one. I really adored the first book, The Carver. It had a light hearted campy feel to it with funny bits of banter between the characters. In The Unseen, my favorite character, Pietro (Peter Pan), spends most of his time locked up in Florindale prison, and the kids, Zack, Rosana, and Enzo take center stage. I like these characters very much, I just found myself missing Pietro licking cheeto cheese off his fingers and begging for Starbucks.

Additionally, The U
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
The Unseen is the sequel to The Carver that I read last month and it continues on almost right away from there. Zack, Crescenzo and Rosana have ended up in Wonderland where they get drawn into a war. While back in fairytale realm their parents and the other characters have to deal with the king thwarting their attempts at finding ways to beat the queen.

I had hoped that this book would step up from The Carver which overall was enjoyable and did have some promise story wise. While this was a quick
Krystal
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you love the TV Series 'Once Upon A Time' Then this book is right up your alley. The Unseen (Order of the Bell) by Jacob Delvin is a fairytale retelling of Alice in Wonderland with a slight twist.

I personally thought the storyline and plot was abit transparent. I found this to be some what predictable, Enjoyable but predictable. Everytime I kept reading my thoughts drifted back to Once upon a Time and the similarities they hold, not so much the storyline more so the characters. I also felt l
Sue Wallace
The unseen by Jacob Devlin.

With their families trapped by a former ally with a crippling fear of the queen, Enzo, Rosana, and Zack must play a deadly game in Wonderland, where shadows are on the move, kings are at war, and one of them wants Rosana dead.
Kathryn Rose

GalaxyGirlReviews

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley for an honest review

I'm happy to say that I have had access to all 3 books in this series all at the same time, so I was able to read this one right after finishing The Carver. In many ways I enjoyed this one more than the last one, but in many other ways I found myself throwing up hands up in defeat.

The Unseen picks up where we left the last book, with Crescenzo, Rosana, and Zack falling into Wonderland after destroying one of the two mirro
Paige Green
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4.5/5

Genre: YA Fantasy/Fairytale Retelling

Recommended Age: 13+ (some strong language)

Favorite Quote: "'The heart houses the soul, and I see that you, too, are missing something vital in the center.'"

I received an e-book version of this book for free for being a representative of Blaze Publishing. This relationship did not affect my decision in any way. Also, slight spoilers from the previous book. If you've not read the first book in this series you may not want to read this review.

Plung
Billiebumblebee
It is a wonder that I even read this second book as I only though the first book to be okay, but since the sequel was already in my possession and I was curious to see if it would turn out to be better than the first, I gave it a go.

Was it better? Not really. It continued pretty much in the same fashion with way to many characters to follow, improbable turn of events and no depth. It was very easy to see through the plot choices the author made and as I said in my review of the The Carver, I’m
Suze Lavender
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crescenzo, Zack and Rosana are still looking for their disappeared family members. They end up in Wonderland where nothing is straightforward. Their friendship is being tested, unknown relatives are being found, wars are being fought and mysteries have to be solved. Will they be able to keep their enemies at bay? What will they do when they end up at different sides of a battle between kings, will their friendship survive? Can they get out of the confusing place that's Wonderland?

Queen Avoria is
Ali
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!!! Definitely a page turner and was hard to put down. I cannot wait for book 3 to come out!!
Andy N
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great sequel to The Carver! A gripping adventure that gets better and better with each installment.

Enzo, Zack, and Rosana continue their exhaustive search for their family members. As they end up in Wonderland, their journey takes a turn to the crazy and the unpredictable. In a place where nothing is what it seems, friendships and trust will be put to the test. On the other side, the lost relatives are stuck in the Old World with no way of getting out. King Bellamy declares no one can leave.
Violet
Mar 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc-s
I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was so busy. So much was going on and there were so many characters and those characters had uncles and fathers and mothers, and so on, and on.
It was all too much.

It seems to me like that author of this book really loves Wonderland and so he shoves all these other fairy tale characters into it to try and make one epic re-telling.
The result is nothing more than one big muddle to me.

Now, this might be
A.M. MSW
The Unseen is the sequel to The Carver by Jacob Devlin, and I was very excited to pick up this novel. I enjoy how clean and crisp Devlin's writing style is, and I was excited to see that his second novel takes place in Wonderland. Devlin has explored an eclectic cast of characters that range from many different fairytales, and I enjoyed seeing his take on them.

However, The Unseen - like The Carver - was clearly inspired by the television series, Once Upon A Time. I am usually a big fan of fairyt
Elizabeth
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Unseen by Jacob Devlin is the second book in the Order of the Bell series. As King Bellamy declares that no one can leave the Old World, Pietro, Pino, and Alicia seek a way out to find their children, no matter the cost. Turning to old allies and enemies, they must band together in a fight to reclaim their land. Meanwhile, Avoria has found her way into the other world, leaving Wonderland in the hands of the King of Hearts who has one order: to break Enzo and his friends. When Enzo, Zack, and ...more
R.Q. Woodward
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anyone interested in Alice in Wonderland retellings should read this book! It's been a while since I read the original stories, but I've read a few retellings since then, and The Unseen is by far the BEST. It's funny, because it isn't TRYING to be a retelling, but the author captures the essence of the nonsense and oddity found in the originals (at least how I remember them) better than anything else I've read.

This book is the second in a trilogy. Like the first book, I liked some story lines be
Tracy
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In all honesty I almost put the book down because I didn't realize it was set in the 70's and while I was around then I don't really remember it well because of my age. I am happy that I stuck to it and got into the story. A great story it was and an excellent series so now I need to go back and read the other 5 books. Imagine coming from a VERY well to do family, a family who would look down on you if you wore white after Labor Day. Now imagine what they think when you keep finding dead bodies. ...more
Merie Shen
My review of The Carver is longer and more detailed than this one, so I'll keep this short. The Unseen picks up where The Carver left off, following the storyline with different threads of plot. We have Enzo, Rosana, and Zack, who, along with Geppetto and Gretel, are stuck in a cursed and dark Wonderland. Most of the adults, meanwhile, are stuck in jail on the arrest of Lord Bellamy. Alice, Hansel, and Snow White are off on their own missions, while Prince Liam is a gold statue in his own palace ...more
Christi
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys Once Upon A Time
This is an inventive fractured fairytale. It follows dual story lines; one of parents trying to rescue their children from their trip through the looking glass and the children trying to reunite with their parents. They have to face challenges, friendships are tested, love is lost and found, and battles are fought. I would recommend reading the prior books in the series, as I was a little lost at the beginning while trying to track all of the aspects of the plot.
Emilou
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love fairy tale retellings, and this one goes all over the place with so many different tales. I really enjoy the story and can't wait for the next one. ...more
Eloise
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books-read
I finished this book a couple of weeks back but its still pretty fresh in my head, which I think is a great reflection as to what a good read it is.

The story picks off where the last one finishes. The kids are in WONDERLAND where they find Gretel and Jepetto.
The Unseen is a much easier read than The Carver, it wasn't to over complicated like the first book and honestly was a much more enjoyable read.
Yes there were some flaws, like some characters sat in a jail cell for the entire book, but noth
Kari
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This story picks up right where The Carver left off, which is so lovely, because some sequels skip ahead of time, and you are left to wonder what is even going on. Because this is a sequel, I will not go into the plot because spoilers. We do have all of the characters we met in The Carver, and because they have already been described and partially developed, we get so much more from them this time around. There is so "info dump" for setting or characters. I really enjoyed getting to know the new
Janelle
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was so much fun joining the "cast" from The Carver as they continued their journey in Wonderland! So many great characters and lots of action, and I never knew which fairy tale character would pop up next--and what their story would be! Can't wait to ride along on the next adventure! ...more
Musyira
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, well, this was a deliciously messed up book!
Jacob Devlin
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kandy
May 16, 2017
Layla
rated it did not like it
May 11, 2017

• You Have Arrived at Your Destination
  • Ark
  • Emergency Skin
  • The Last Conversation
  • The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)
  • Underground Magic (London Coven #0.5)
  • Familiar Magic (London Coven, #1)
  • The Soultakers (The Treemakers, #2)
  • The Treemakers (The Treemakers, #1)
  • The Wolf in the Attic
  • The Seeker's Keys (The Treemakers, #3)
  • The Alchemist
  • Death's Mistress (Sister of Darkness: The Nicci Chronicles, #1)
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth, #4)
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth, #2)
  • The Elfstones of Shannara  (The Original Shannara Trilogy, #2)
  • Phantom (Sword of Truth, #10)
  • Confessor (Sword of Truth, #11)
When Jacob Devlin was four years old, he would lounge around in Batman pajamas and make semi-autobiographical picture books about an adventurous python named Jake the Snake. Eventually, he traded his favorite blue crayon for a black pen, and he never put it down. When not reading or writing, Jacob loves geeking out at comic book conventions and blasting Italian pop rock music in his car. He does m ...more

Order of the Bell (4 books)
  • The Carver (Order of the Bell, #1)
  • Ivory Queen (Order of the Bell, #1.5)
  • The Hummingbird (Order of the Bell, #3)