Start by marking “The Stoner Stories 1-5” as Want to Read:
The Stoner Stories 1-5

The Stoner Stories 1-5

An action-packed anthology featuring covert operative JJ Stoner, who uses sharp blades, blunt instruments and his innate persuasiveness to discreetly resolve tricky situations for the British government This collection contains the first five Stoner short stories plus an all-new, previously unpublished stand-alone quick thriller and other bonus material Please note that th ...more
Published November 4th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Stoner Stories 1-5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stoner Stories 1-5

Rowena Hoseason
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
‘And there I was, thinking you were just a hired gun.’
She smiled. He did not.
‘You want a gun, ma’am, I’ll bring one. I need to know the situation before selecting the weapon.’
He cracked the smallest of smiles.
‘An RPG is hard to hide in a tux, ma’am. No matter how pleased I may be to see you.’

In this collection, every story has a sting in its tale. Nothing is necessarily as it seems. The action men mete out violence, sometimes with exquisitely-planned professional aplomb, at other times with almo
David Baird
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Last year I read the first 5 shorts in the Stoner series by Frank Westworth. I was very kindly gifted the first book but I happily purchased the rest in the series I enjoyed the first that much. I was lucky enough to be offered the chance of a copy of the anthology containing the shorts I’d already reviewed but with the added advantage of an extra tale for me to enjoy!

Looking at the Stoner Stories collection as a whole.. what does it offer you over the purchasing the single stories?? Well to be
Janel
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed these stories and JJ is a great protagonist. I loved his stoic nature coupled with his humour. I also like that the majority of the characters in these stories have the same nature and humour as JJ – mainly because his associates are all [ex] army, navy, SEAL, or some way military inclined (JJ doesn’t have friends!) The Stoner Stories is the perfect read for fans of action adventure thrillers; they feature a lot of violence but it’s not that ‘hard-to-read’ kind of violence. ...more
M.D. Ironz
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read and re-read the short stories of the Stoner Series.

I found reading twice especially helpful since, as an American, I’m not intuitively familiar with some of the idioms, colloquialisms, and slang in use in the UK. While some references were more easily understood via context, I must admit others left me momentarily confused, necessitating an occasional Google search.

Thus more adequately informed and suitably bolstered, the second reading allowed me to more fully appreciate the chara
Caroline
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is very outside my comfort zone of reading as it is very all action and macho, however the author has some real writing talent and the stories are well put together and interesting
David Liscio
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
JJ Stoner is definitely not your typical action hero. He's a hard drinking, guitar-playing, Harley Davidson motorcycle-riding Alpha male who kills for a living but does it often with wit and humor.

How did he arrive at this station in life? Well, here's the back story. Stoner was a British soldier serving in Iraq when a situation arose and led to some unjustified murders.

On the hook and facing both a dishonorable discharge and possible time in the brig, Stoner takes advantage of the only feasibl
Sam (Clues and Reviews)
For more reviews, visit Clues and Reviews

Ex-soldier, and sometimes assassin, J.J Stoner has always lived above the law. When he is approached and handpicked by a mysterious man, known as “The Hardman” and is offered a substantial lump of cash in exchange for a hit, Stoner finds himself as a secret weapon, a type of mercenary, for the British government.

The Stoner Series is an anthology of short stories, by Frank Westworth, that follows anti-hero J.J Stoner.
Leon
Apr 14, 2019
glyn davies
Jan 13, 2017
Frank
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kemji Ledford
is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2019
Terri
Mar 19, 2019
The Mystery, Crim...: Fiction Is The Real News - a topical blog 1 4 Nov 07, 2016 05:02AM
Frank Westworth shares several characteristics with his literary anti-hero, JJ Stoner: they both play mean blues guitar and ride Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Unlike Stoner, Frank hasn't deliberately killed anyone. Instead, Frank edits a monthly classic motorcycle magazine (see RealClassic.co.uk) and has written extensively for the UK motoring press.
Frank's ‘Killing Sisters’ series starts with 'A L