Start by marking “Worth The Risk (Infinity Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Worth The Risk (Infinity Series, #1)

Read Book

Worth The Risk

(Infinity #1)

Some risks are scarier than others because they’re the most important ones we’ll ever undertake…

Published November 6th 2016 by C. J. Lynne

To ask other readers questions about Worth The Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth The Risk

Fani
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, safe
"~You’re so fucking dirty
~Want me to clean up my act?
~Fuck no"

I have to say Tyler and Jaxon had great chemistry between them. It is quite obvious from the beginning of the book that Tyler has been hurt and betrayed by people he trusted early on in his life and has now decided to stay safe and not open up to anyone else so our main character, Jaxon, was the type of person Tyler needed in order to heal and find happiness.

I love the way Jaxon kept pursuing Tyler no matter how closed off he was
Cadiva
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I really struggled to finish this book and part of the problem was that it just went on too long without anything happening other than the two MCs having sex.

And not just any sex, it was always explosive, unforgiving, relentless, pounding and heart thumping with declarations of love every other page.

There's not really a central plot outside of the relationship between them, apart from when Ty's ex randomly shows up out of nowhere and there's a brief threat when the university Dean tries to break
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
☆☆☆☆
~Lindsey~
This has got to be one of best m/m books I have read in a while. The writing, the plot, and the characters all just came together for an amazing story that will definitely stick with you . This story pulled out so many emotions for me. This was a story of finally finding love and acceptance. This was a story that I definitely drowned in and loved every second of it. This was a perfect combination of love, heat, and romance. The emotions jumped of the place and made you fall in love
Dutchgirl
I enjoyed seeing the attraction both Tyler and Jax feel towards eachother to develop into a relationship. Although there are some issues (because of trust, professor/student relationships, etc.) they don't drag on and are resolved quickly and they don't become a hugh problem. Jax definitely has to work to gain Tylers trust and i liked it that he didn't give up on him.
I did feel the book was a bit to long and some parts (mostly sexscenes, because there are many of them) could have been easily er
Roger - president of NBR United -
I got this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

First the good the story was enjoyable and the pacing kept you moving. The characters had some depth and weren't afraid to show emotion. I loved Jaxon and Tyler. I could feel their love, for each other, even when they did stuff that made me want to yell at them. Jaxon's family was great and the kind of family everybody want but too few of us are fortunate enough to have. The length was a bit of a challenge but for the stor
R
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
Tyler and Jaxon meet at Infinity, a Gay Gentlemen's Club, where Tyler works. Tyler isn't looking for forever, he just wants someone for a night. Jaxon isn't really concerned about find his forever either, he isn't in a rush. They connect, and slowly get to know each other. By the time they become Ty and Jax they have already started a relationship that neither was expecting.

Ty fights getting close to Jax. His past wasn't pretty. He's had to work hard for everything in his life. His ex was closet
Becca
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story was not bad. I liked the overall message to it. People are worth the risk. When you've been through bad stuff, trust doesn't come easy. But when the right person comes along, it may take a bit of time, but anything worth anything is worth fighting for. My only problems with the book is that, for me, it was a bit long. And as much as I like a good chemistry filled sex scene, to me personally, there were too many. It seemed like most of the book was sex. But that's just for me personall ...more
Elizabeth Mathis

Tyler Johnson has had to scrape and fight for even the basics in life. His mother deserted him when he was seven and his father—such as he is—threw him out at sixteen upon learning he was gay. However, Ty is determined to make something of himself, and he’s worked hard to land in one of the country’s most prestigious Law Schools.

His motto is: he can’t depend on anyone but himself. He doesn’t believe
Carra
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to say…Jaxon and Tyler are absolutely scorching together. Their attraction is immediate, their chemistry is so far off the charts that I think a new chart needs to be devised just for them, and the two of them are an ideal example of a perfect match. Too bad they find out they’re professor and student, right? Good for us that Jax couldn’t care less.

Both Jax and Ty are wonderful characters individually, and together their scenes are positively searing. Ty has a difficult past, thankfully s
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

Tyler and Jax meet in the club that Tyler works in, Infinity. Their reaction to each is is instant and powerful. Then Tyler finds out just who Jax is, and he fights the attraction. And just when they get back on an even keel, something else pushes Tyler to question whether he is really worth the risk to Jax.

For the most part, I enjoyed this. There were a couple a lines, and phrases that kept popping up that kept it from
Ann
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads DBML program in exchange for an honest review

Tyler Johnson is a guy who has never gotten a break. He was abandoned by his mom, kicked out by his Dad and has earned his way into school while working at Infinity, a gentleman's club. He doesn't want attachments because everyone leaves or disappoints him.
Jax Markham is s successful author and law professor. When he encounters Ty at Infinity, he is immediately attracted. Ty isn't interested in get
Elle
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got caught up in this story pretty well straight away. The story and characters are well written and realistic. The way in which they deal with one another is believable, and their interactions entertaining and full of snark.

The chemistry between the two men was immediate, and the developing romance is all about how the MC's relationship grows and evolves. Both Ty and Jax are both likeable and work hard to make their attraction into a bonafide relationship. Tyler has been badly burned in the
Becky Baldridge
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

The romance between Ty and Jax is sugary sweet and scorching hot. There is some angst as this pair get their footing in the relationship, but issues are overcome quickly - maybe a bit too quickly given the length of the book, but that aside, there's no denying the chemistry between these two and they are so good together. The author certainly knows how to write a heat filled scene, but the sheer number of those scenes is what kept this one from moving into four or even five star range f
Sharon Cox
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, m-m
I was given a copy of this book in return for an honest review.
From the start of “Worth the Risk” it is obvious that Tyler and Jaxon have something special. They meet, fall in lust and then in love but is this love enough for them?
Tyler has had a hard life. Nothing has been given too him. His mother left him and his father threw him out when he found out that Tyler was gay. He has worked hard to get to where he is at the start of the book.
Jaxon, on the other hand, has had a great upbringing and
Sarita Chapdelaine
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved everything about this book and I could not put it down. It is well-written and the characters are interesting and engaging. I laughed and cried all the way through this story. There is a lot of steamy sex and many tender and caring moments as well. Jax and Tyler are at very different places in their lives but they can't deny how drawn they are to each other. Jax is a best selling author and a professor at Berkley with a wealthy and supportive family. Tyler was kicked out by his homophobi ...more
Pati
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Tyler and Jaxon were very likable characters and I enjoyed getting to know them. Also, though we saw very little of him, Simon was also very likable.

However, I've rarely found myself so looking forward to reading 'The End'. Those two small words were very elusive in this book. By 37% I was hoping for them. By that point Ty and Jax's story had seemed to be wrapped up with a nice big bow. By that point it was clear that they'd found their HEA. By that point I kept hoping that the page count list
Ottilee B.
Coulda figured out Tyler and Jax had the hots for each other even without the play-by-play, told from differing viewpoints. Sadly, depending on your view of things, Jax is older yet treats gun-shy Ty with a somewhat domineering attitude that is overbearing at times. (Then he does or says something I like. Grr!) A true enigma until one realizes that Tyler is 'growing up' before your eyes from Jax's demeanor. True, Tyler has had to mature quickly but he's been severely lacking in the relationship ...more
BookSnuggle
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Worth the Risk (Infinity Series Book 1) by C.J. Lynne. This is Tyler “Ty” Johnson and Jaxon “Jax” Markham’s story.

I really loved Ty and Jax’s story. Their characters were very likable and fun. The only con that I have for this book is that it was just too long. Even though it was too long I still couldn’t walk away from it. I had to keep reading to find out how Ty and Jax’s story ended. Their story was fun and emotional with intense chemistry.

FYI, contains mature content. This is a MM romance. K
Esther Alayeto
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very engaging story that will take you on an emotional roller coaster. Jax meets Ty at the club where Ty works. They have an instant attraction and sparks fly. As their relationship starts, Ty is determined to keep it casual because he doesn't believe love, but Jax is just as determined to prove that he's not going anywhere. Can Jax break through Ty's walls and make him believe that He's not going anywhere.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Anna.E
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I really struggled to finish this story, I never though I would say this, but there was maybe too much sex! I also felt like some of the plot twists were a bit too forced and unnecessary, but that might have been because I was already waiting for the end cause of all the sex.
Other then that I really like it, you could tell the characters were head over heels for each other, if it was a little shorter it would have been a fabulous read.
Dara Nelson
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: for-blog
Ugh. This story had potential but it was so smothered in adjectives that I wanted to rescue it from drowning in them. Trying to plow through the over abundance of adjectives and descriptions was like trying to walk through quicksand. There were times it was good but many times I felt like I could hardly breathe. This one just didn’t work for me.
tammy rufo
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
tyler and jax are a sweet couple, and i l love how jax didn't give up on tyler. jax new what he wanted and went after it. love this story, would def recommend.
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever
DNF, will not rate
55% read, cannot finish
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Omg I loved, loved, loved this book! It's the first book I've read by this new author, but hopefully not the last. I was so hooked, I read it in 2 sittings (which is pretty good for me seen as it's 35 chapters long)! It just flowed so freely, I didn't want it to end.

Tyler Johnson was kicked out by his father when he finds out he's gay, and taken in by his best friend Simons mum. He decides to do something with his life, so as soon as he's old enough he works the bar at Infinity to pay his way th
2kasmom
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: forbidden
Tyler AKA Ty meets Jaxon AKA Jax and the chemistry for both of them appears to be off the charts. This sexy mix of will they or won't they is intermixed with some forbidden love. Jax may be out of his league, but he cannot deny the attraction and feelings that are growing.

Jax knows that the situation with Ty is unusual. He wants to fight for what matters, even when things go wrong. Choices always seem to come down to whether you can fight for it.

This book was really something fun to read. I foun
Diane
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hot! Very, very hot!

If you want to read about two men who find each other, fall in love, traverse pitfalls, and come out stronger together this would fit the requirement nicely.

I'm off to se if there are more books by this author.
Kulli Weaver
Sep 06, 2017
Tanya
Mar 02, 2018
Thomas
Jun 13, 2017
Gail Jones
Jun 20, 2018
  • Secrets (The Full Nelson #1)
  • Requiem in Leather (Deputy Joe, #4)
  • The First Time Ever (Ted Darling Crime Series, #0.5)
  • Christmas at Leo's (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #5)
  • Jury of One (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #2)
  • Fragmented (Shadow Mountain #2)
  • Being Chase (Chase #1)
  • A Kiss Before Christmas
  • Night Drop (A Pinx Video Mystery, #1)
  • Foxe Fire (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #4)
  • Southernmost Murder
  • Lock Nut (The Plumber's Mate Mysteries, #5)
  • Leather+Lace (Opposites Attract, #2)
  • Beautiful boy
  • Fin & Matt
  • In Other Words...Murder  (Holmes & Moriarity, #4)
  • Time For Love (Timeless Love, #2)
  • Queer Magick (Queer Magick, #1)
C. J. is first and foremost an avid reader of romance. Nothing is better than watching two strong-willed people meet, connect and work through personal challenges while fighting to overcome internal and outside obstacles to be together.

C. J. believes that love is love, and if you’re ever lucky to find it, you should hold onto it with both hands and feet. C.J. writes love stories filled with emoti

Infinity (3 books)
  • Finally Letting Go (Infinity, #2)
  • Breaking The Rules (Infinity, #3)