Start by marking “256 Bloghacks” as Want to Read:
256 Bloghacks

256 Bloghacks

TL;DR This book summarizes my experience of blogging for two and a half years and growing from zero to 60,000 unique visitors a month at www.yegor256.com; all dirty secrets revealed.
Published November 6th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about 256 Bloghacks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 256 Bloghacks

Dariusz Mydlarz
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked that book. There are some "dirty" secrets I wouldn't follow, but all in all it gives a huge number of useful tips on creating own blog, I haven't found anywhere else yet.
So if you run your own blog - and you want to position yourself as an expert - that should be a must read for you. Especially if you work in "software" industry.
Sukhrob Khakimov
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think it is one of the best books about blogging. I wanted to read 50 pages every day to finish it in 4 days, but once I started reading, I couldn't stop myself and read the whole book within 5-6 hours with pauses between every chapter. It is easy to read and has quite a lot of useful tips and tricks. But, there are some ideas that I do not agree with. For example, the author doesn't recommend writing a series of blog posts. If a topic is big for one post and small to write a book, I don't see ...more
Andrew Shell
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been blogging with very limited success for a while. Primarily because I don't have any sort of system or plan. I just write about whatever I feel like when I feel like it. This book is helping me put together a strategy for how to take blogging seriously and hopefully enjoy more success.

In particular I liked the section about "routine" which works out like a checklist of things to do regularly for success.

The example blog code on GitHub is also very interesting to look at.
Vojtěch Růžička
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
All in all, I think this book can be very helpful when you are trying to start your blog or even in later stages. There is a lot of useful information, which is divided into independent chapters. That means, you can safely skip whatever you already know or are not interested in, which is good. The style is fresh and concise, easy to read. The book itself is quite short, it should not be a problem to finish it quickly. I really appreciate its honesty, it does not try to convince you, that you’ll ...more
Trinity Takei
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blogging, writing
Let me preface my preview with this: 256 Bloghacks is not for everyone. Yegor doesn’t pull any punches - he hits it off with a swift sambo kick in the balls right on page one:

“If you have nothing to say to the world, this book is not for you.” (this is literally the first sentence of Preface)

“… there is a huge chance that your blog won’t be successful, because of _you_. Yes, because of who you are - a person without interesting ideas or a talent for writing” (Chapter 1.2 “Be yourself”)

Told ya!

I’
Luke Smith
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Opinionated but practical advice on 2 things: writing about something you actually know about, and self-publishing that writing on the internet. Yegor's style will make you laugh out loud if you have a sense of humor about yourself. One gets the impression he is not even trying to be funny, but rather avoiding the lukewarm ambiguity which corporate America and the "blogosphere" treats as a virtue. Yegor doesn't mess around.
Jahongir Rahmonov
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The books is easy and fun to read. Very helpful. Some points are definitely controversial but that's how every book ideally should be, in my opinion.
Eduards Sizovs
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Practical, easy to read and... Honest.

If you are seasoned blogger or consider starting a blog – buy it.
Mihai Emil Andronache
Nov 15, 2017
Eugene N.
May 22, 2017
Yegor Bugayenko
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: blogging
Aug 17, 2018
Ziyavuddin
Aug 27, 2018

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Yegor is a CEO at Zerocracy, a software platform for management; a VC at SeedRamp.com; a regular blogger at www.yegor256.com; a proud holder of PMP and OCMEA certifications; a hands-on Java developer and a lead architect of Rultor.com and Takes.org. Yegor lives in Palo Alto, CA and Moscow, Russia.