Start by marking “The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class” as Want to Read:
The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class

The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class

Since 2009, Dan Ryckert’s life has been well documented. Whether through his writing, live appearances, tweets, or thousands of hours of videos and podcasts, his work has been seen by many. He’s set two Guinness World Records, earned the ire of legendary baseball players, penned two novels about an alligator fighter pilot, raised thousands for charity via custom Super Mari ...more
Published November 2nd 2016 by Up To Something Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class

Peter Wright
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They say don't judge a book by its cover, but when I saw the title of this one, I had to read it! After all, I WAS the dumbest kid in the gifted class! I knew nothing about the author, but I immediately liked him from his writing style. He and I would have gotten along as kids and I more than likely would have had a crush on him. That may have made things awkward between us, but then Dan is the kind of guy that taunts the Westboro Baptist Church by running around their protests in a shark costum ...more
Patrick Doherty
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A collection of true stories that could only happen to Dan

I was introduced to the mind of Dan Ryckert when he joined the Giant Bomb team. His enthusiasm and genuine sense of fun makes him an interesting person to watch. But it's his stories that draw me in. With the mix of "how can this be true?" And "no one really thinks like that do they?" From "egg whites" to "normal guy stuff" Dan's stories on the Giant Bombcast keep me coming back for more. And when I heard he would be putting out a book wi
Matt Bizzell
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
The bulk of the book was a lot of fun and even made me laugh out loud a few times, but it all just sort of ended. Some reflection or closure would have been nice, too.
Dale Kulas
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Former Game Informer writer and current giantbomb.com staffer, Dan Ryckert has had many unique adventures he has told of his past on the podcasts I have listened to him on over the years. This book collects a lot of his stories ranging all the way back from being in 'gifted' class to slacking off in high school and college part time jobs, dorm and college party tales and to his anxious attempts starting off in the dating scene.

'The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class' reminds me of similar books put ou
Trevor Osz
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dan Ryckert is the Forrest Gump we didn't need

This is a fun read and Dan has a great memory with his stories. Combine that with his luck and you have a winner.
Mr. Dietz
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An assemblage of insane stories told by an extremely likable narrator. One of my favorite titles for a book in a long time.
Harold Stewart
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A joy of a read

The escapades of an awkward nerd, not unlike the kid I once was. Read this in a waiting room at a hospital. My chuckles and grins brought lots of stares from the depressed elderly folks around me. "He's wearing a gorilla suit!" That old guy just didn't get it.
Brian
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found myself chuckling out loud many times throughout this one. Dan has some of the best stories, and I identify with a bunch of them, having grown up as a dorky white kid myself. Definitely worth a read if you're a Giant Bomb fan, and is a charming collection of Kansas coming of age tales, even if you're not.
john
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun Book and Great Insight Into Dan's Life

I love Kinda Funny and Dan being a guest not too long ago helped my decision to read his book. Talk about a great decision; with many laughs and tons if nostalgia.
Louis
Feb 20, 2017
Matthew Cribbs
Jul 19, 2017
Albert Randolph
rated it did not like it
Nov 24, 2016
Cory Vassaux
Oct 09, 2017
Josh Shaw
Feb 21, 2018
  • Don't Trade the Baby for a Horse: And Other Ways to Make Your Life a Little More Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • Way Below the Angels: The Pretty Clearly Troubled But Not Even Close to Tragic Confessions of a Real Live Mormon Missionary
  • Spirit of the Road: The Life of an American Trucker...and his cat.
  • Relapse
  • The Woman in the Photograph
  • Life by the Cup: Ingredients for a Purpose-filled Life of Bottomless Happiness and Limitless Success
  • Following Ezra: What One Father Learned About Gumby, Otters, Autism, and Love From His Extraordinary Son
  • 3500: An Autistic Boy's Ten-Year Romance with Snow White
  • How to Retire Early: Your Guide to Getting Rich Slowly and Retiring on Less
  • Torn Trousers: A True Story of Courage and Adventure: How A Couple Sacrificed Everything To Escape to Paradise
  • Blood Makes the Grass Grow Green: A Year in the Desert with Team America
  • Cold a Long Time
  • Ice and Bone: Tracking an Alaskan Serial Killer
  • The Steampunk User's Manual: An Illustrated Practical and Whimsical Guide to Creating Retro-futurist Dreams
  • Leonardo Da Vinci: A Life