Start by marking “The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class” as Want to Read:
The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class

The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class

Since 2009, Dan Ryckert’s life has been well documented. Whether through his writing, live appearances, tweets, or thousands of hours of videos and podcasts, his work has been seen by many. He’s set two Guinness World Records, earned the ire of legendary baseball players, penned two novels about an alligator fighter pilot, raised thousands for charity via custom Super Mari ...more
Published November 2nd 2016 by Up To Something Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class

Start your review of The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class
Peter Wright
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They say don't judge a book by its cover, but when I saw the title of this one, I had to read it! After all, I WAS the dumbest kid in the gifted class! I knew nothing about the author, but I immediately liked him from his writing style. He and I would have gotten along as kids and I more than likely would have had a crush on him. That may have made things awkward between us, but then Dan is the kind of guy that taunts the Westboro Baptist Church by running around their protests in a shark costum ...more
Patrick Doherty
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A collection of true stories that could only happen to Dan

I was introduced to the mind of Dan Ryckert when he joined the Giant Bomb team. His enthusiasm and genuine sense of fun makes him an interesting person to watch. But it's his stories that draw me in. With the mix of "how can this be true?" And "no one really thinks like that do they?" From "egg whites" to "normal guy stuff" Dan's stories on the Giant Bombcast keep me coming back for more. And when I heard he would be putting out a book wi
Matt Bizzell
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
The bulk of the book was a lot of fun and even made me laugh out loud a few times, but it all just sort of ended. Some reflection or closure would have been nice, too.
Dale Kulas
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Former Game Informer writer and current giantbomb.com staffer, Dan Ryckert has had many unique adventures he has told of his past on the podcasts I have listened to him on over the years. This book collects a lot of his stories ranging all the way back from being in 'gifted' class to slacking off in high school and college part time jobs, dorm and college party tales and to his anxious attempts starting off in the dating scene.

'The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class' reminds me of similar books put ou
Katrina Lorfeld
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
My husband introduced me to Dan through Giant Bomb and I’ve been thoroughly entertained ever since. The Dumbest Kid is no exception. A collection of stories too bizarre to be made up made me laugh again and again. Not amazing literature by any means, but definitely a fun escape. I’m waiting for the next installment that shares the behind the scenes of a Taco Bell wedding. Maybe co-written by Bianca Ryckert?!
Patrick
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dan has a unique voice and is a great storyteller. It doesn’t hurt that we grew up in the same area, went to the same college at the same time, and majored in the same subject...not to mention sharing the same passions (movies, video games, and wrestling). It’s kind of a wonder we never crossed paths (or maybe we did). Perhaps it was our social anxiety.
Trevor Osz
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dan Ryckert is the Forrest Gump we didn't need

This is a fun read and Dan has a great memory with his stories. Combine that with his luck and you have a winner.
Paul Sharpe
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dan makes me laugh
Mr. Dietz
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An assemblage of insane stories told by an extremely likable narrator. One of my favorite titles for a book in a long time.
Brian
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found myself chuckling out loud many times throughout this one. Dan has some of the best stories, and I identify with a bunch of them, having grown up as a dorky white kid myself. Definitely worth a read if you're a Giant Bomb fan, and is a charming collection of Kansas coming of age tales, even if you're not.
john
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun Book and Great Insight Into Dan's Life

I love Kinda Funny and Dan being a guest not too long ago helped my decision to read his book. Talk about a great decision; with many laughs and tons if nostalgia.
Louis
Jul 19, 2017
Jeremy
Jul 22, 2019
Albert Randolph
rated it did not like it
Nov 24, 2016
Dec 28, 2016
Chris Heymanns
Jul 03, 2019

• Masters of Doom: How Two Guys Created an Empire and Transformed Pop Culture
  • Blood, Sweat, and Pixels: The Triumphant, Turbulent Stories Behind How Video Games Are Made
  • The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
  • Big Damn Hero (Firefly #1)
  • Firefly: The Magnificent Nine
  • The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones
  • Brannigan's Building Construction for the Fire Service
  • The Harry Potter trilogy (Harry Potter, #1-3)
  • Firefly: Legacy Edition Book One
  • The Complete Cooking For Two Cookbook
  • The Matrix Comics, Vol. 2
  • Pirate Latitudes
  • Night Shift
  • Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom
  • The Islanders
  • Firestarter
  • Bible Adventures (Boss Fight Books, #7)
  • The Jaunt