Start by marking “Christmas Nights (Diamond Creek, Alaska #6)” as Want to Read:
Christmas Nights (Diamond Creek, Alaska #6)

Christmas Nights

(Diamond Creek, Alaska #6)

A steamy, full-length, standalone holiday romance with a guaranteed HEA from Amazon Bestselling author J.H. Croix! If you like smoking hot romance with alpha men and strong women, you’ll love this series!

Sometimes it takes more courage to love than to be alone.

When Janie Stevens gets fished out of the icy ocean after a boating accident, she doesn’t expect to fall for the
Published December 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Nights

Alp
Mar 28, 2018 marked it as lost-interest
The story moves at such a slow pace and there is not enough substance in the plot.
I'll probably get back to this one if I'm in the mood.
Lynnette
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
I got it free, and I was unimpressed with the book. Needs a copy editor and several other things.
Sonja
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well then. This was quite a surprise! Surprising in how much I enjoyed - and devoured - this book! It was a fun, light read after the heavier previous books I'd just finished. I got this one during Christmas, though I didn't get to it during the holidays. To be honest, I was hesitant. I liked the difference of the setting and the story line and that I could read the book out of order (which I normally hate) and not feel like I missed anything in the story line. I definitely didn't, this can be r ...more
Birgit
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Sympathetic characters, a nice plot and some humour make this quite an enjoyable read, at least most of the time. The narration of the developing feelings between the two main protagonists and how they deal with it, however, have a tendency towards the boring sometimes, especially Janie's repetitive yay-nay attitude.
On the whole, however, although this was nothing I was glued to, the book and the story were still interesting and captivating enough to keep me reading, and I even would not mind to
Theresa
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
2.5 Stars
Rox
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Too slow. The characters just didn't grab me. Had to force myself to finish to see how it ended. This one is going in the deleted folder.
Margaret Standafer
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
The setting kept me interested, I loved reading about Alaska in the winter, shivering at some of the snowy, windy days. The characters were likable but I thought Janie's reluctance to enter into a relationship was a little overdone.
Mavi Santacruz
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was predictable. I didn't connect with the characters. The steamy parts were not believable. What happened with the end? What was the message? Not my cup of tea. wouldn't read any other book of the author.
Janeiowa
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Very, very predictable and slow moving.
Heather
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Janie is a school teacher, Travis works for the Fire Department. These two have been coexisting under each other’s noses for the past few years but never really noticed each other until Janie is a boat that starts to sink in the bay and Travis is the one to save her.

Now suddenly, they seem to just keep bouncing into each other and they definitely notice each other. Travis has never had an interest in a relationship, keep it all casual because he will travel on fishing boats, be gone at a moment’
Coco.V
Oct 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (10/29/2017)!
Kelly Posey
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Good love story

It was a good love story but lacked a climax with a dramatic twist of events. I was going for a surprise ending
Connie N.
#6 in the Diamond Creek, Alaska romance series

This was disappointing. I was looking forward to a holiday book, but it really had nothing to do with Christmas. Despite its name, the book basically ended with Thanksgiving, then skipped ahead to the following year. It was just OK for me. Travis, our hero, was great. He was quiet and sweet, a firefighter who is a solid and dependable guy. When he saves Janie from a ferry accident, he suddenly "sees" her and falls for her right away. Janie, on the ot
Carolyne
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think it was so cool for J.H. Croix to heed the request of her readers to write a story for Tristan. It's like a gift for her fans! I loved that this book not only made references to other books and characters in the Diamond Creek series, but this happened enough years after Sarah and Luke’s story (When Love Comes) that we had references to the Last Frontier Lodge series. Since I totally dig cross-referrences, I was giving silent thumbs-up to the author throughout the book! As for Tristan and ...more
Crimson Books
Dec 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading this book I found it quite a cute book, there where some places where it got a little sexual but I did enjoy how the story come together, the story is about how 2 people come together, but how lust and desire turns into love. you have one woman who has been so hurt and crushed by what's happened to her mother in the past in an abusive relationship that she puts up a wall to protect herself by being independent and socially awkward around men, then you have the guy who is use to ...more
Alice Streets
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don't Be Afraid

Janie's mom had an abusive boyfriend and made her leary of men in general. Then one day she decides to go for a boat ride with her daughter Stella and a huge wind comes put of no where and knocks the boat over. Janie ends up in the river fighting for her life and worrying about Stella. She looks up and sees these deep blue eyes of the person who saves her, Travis.
Travis is a firefighter and sent out on a rescue of a capsized boat in a river. He gets there and finds some people in
Terric853
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Janie has lived in Diamond Creek, Alaska, all her life. She's never had much to do with men because after her father died. her mother took up with a seemingly nice guy who turned out to be an abusive jerk. He slowly undermined her mother's confidence until she was a shadow of herself. Her mother found the courage to leave him after her assaulted Janie and broke her jaw.

Travis moved to Diamond Creek five years ago. He's dated, but never gotten serious with anyone. After fishing Janie out of the b
Brook Reader
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of Christmas Nights and voluntarily chose to review it. J.H. Croix is a pleasure to read. If you haven't read any of her books yet Bella Andre would be a close comparison. I pick up a book by J.H Croix I can't put it down.

When Janie Stevens (Teacher) is pulled from Kachemak Bay by Travis Wilkes (First Responder Fire Fighter) after almost drowning and hypothermic following a boat accident, attraction snaps between the two of them like electrical sparks. These two strong ind
Teresa  Christianson
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in a great series by J. H. Croix.

I can understand why Janie feels the way she does about relationships after she watched her mom go from being a strong woman to someone who was subdued by an abusive man. Things get emotional when Randy, her mom's ex, comes back to town and is arrested for hurting another girlfriend and also assaulting a police officer. Travis just never found the right girl for him and when he fished Janie out of the bay and their eyes locked they both knew th
Cindy
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
6th book in the series. I read it as a stand alone, but numerous characters from the other books make appearances. Protected sex. Fortunately, this was a freebie from Amazon.

Not feeling this story! It was pretty dull, until the big contrived fire scene. It didn't even get better after that.
The heroine has some major issues with men. nothing that some therapy couldn't fix.
She was physically battered by her mom's boyfriend when she was a teenager. She's now 33. She's dated & she's not a v
April
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a refreshing romance story. It wasn't just about sex. Janie and Travis are quite the pair. I absolutely loved the back and further between the pair. They had some serious chemistry and it was off the charts. Travis was used to the single life, dating here and there, never anything serious. Janie never worried about a relationship, she had her adopted daughter to raise, plus her issues from growing up.

Upon a chance encounter, Janie almost drowning and Travis saving her, the whirlwind be
Deb Diem
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Nights is a fantastic holiday read by J.H. Croix. Ms Croix has delivered a well-written book. The characters are lovable. Janie is a teacher with an adopted daughter. Travis is a firefighter that kept her from drowning. Their story is loaded with drama, suspense, action, humor and spice. I enjoyed reading Christmas Nights and look forward to reading more from J.H. Croix in the future. Christmas Nights is book 6 in the Diamond Creek, Alaska Series but can easily be read as a standalone. ...more
Cindy
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: twenty16, arc
I love returning to Diamond Creek, Alaska! This book follows Janie and Travis, two characters that have appeared in several other books in the series. I was so excited to hear that they would get their own happy ending and it does not disappoint! I really enjoyed Stella and her interactions with and acceptance of Travis.

JH Croix always has such well rounded characters and the setting of Diamond Creek is a character in and of itself.

I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to r
Bel
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Janie and her adopted teenage daughter Stella are living a comfortable life in Alaska where Janie works as a teacher. One day after a boating accident where Janie falls overboard, she is rescued by the hadsome and rugged firefighter Travis. Their chemistry is hot and instantaneous. However they take things slow and it's not until Travis finds himself trapped in hotel fire that Janie realises she may have lost him without ever telling him how much he meant to her. Great characters among the wonde ...more
Carole Mckee
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely Story

The story takes place in Alaska, a really beautiful place. The setting is a small town where everyone knows everyone. Janie is a superman to her adopted daughter, Stella, and a good teacher at the local elementary school. Along comes Travis in an emergency, saving Janie's life. Travis is a firefighter and a first responder, making him ever ready for almost anything. Except for what he is feeling where Janie is concerned. Because of what Janie suffered in the past, she is reeling over
Bonita
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Breaking Down Walls

This was a sweet story of Janie, a first grade teacher and an adoptive mom who has been judging all men by her mom’s ex who physically abused her when she was a teen. Then she’s literally saved by handsome, ripped firefighter, Travis and he manages to start tearing down the walls she has erected to spare her pain. While I enjoyed the book and that they were able to find love, I found the plot rather predictable and little reference to Christmas for it to be used in the title.
WB
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Nights by J.H. Croix book 6 in the Diamond Creek Alaska series and this story is as great as the rest. The blurb sums up this book perfectly. Strong independent single mum & a hot alpha man tumbling along dealing with past issues towards a HEA. Truly amazing read & series.
I was gifted a copy of this eBook & provide my review voluntarily to make sure other readers don't miss this amazing story & series.
Valorie
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awwwwwww......This was Perfect! Travis and Janie deserved the happiness they got. I loved the whole single mom/Teacher and The laid back firefighter/loyal friend. The joining of these two individuals was genius! And the easy way in which he accepted and bonded with her teenage daughter Stella, was beautiful. We need more men like this. Everyone has baggage, I’m just glad Travis and Janie were able to work it out before it ruined them.....Exceptional read.
Victoria
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This was such a lovely book to read, the characters great, the romance lovely and no secrets or lies. Just two people who have their eyes opened to one another, feel a connection and try to work their way through their feelings, worries and fears. Everything about this felt real and I enjoyed every bit.

I will definitely be reading this again and I wholeheartedly recommend you read this book! I've still got a smile left on my face!
Kristi
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was ok. I had a hard time getting into the story. I think I skimmed more than reading word for word.

A 1st grade teacher and First Responder, Fire fighter, and just overall sexy man according to every female in the book become very quick friends and lovers.

Rating: R (sexual language and some profanity)
Language: sexual content and some profanity
Recommend: probably not

• Miracle on Chance Avenue (Love on Chance Avenue #2)
  • Santa's Secret
  • White-Hot Holiday (Real Men, #2.5)
  • Once Upon a Texas Christmas (Whiskey River Christmas, #4)
  • Holiday Encounters Books 1-3 (Holiday Encounters #1-3)
  • A Special Ops Christmas
  • A Cinderella Christmas Carol (Suddenly Cinderella, #1.5)
  • Barefoot at Moonrise (Barefoot Bay Timeless, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #17)
  • Secret Santa Baby
  • Dirty X6
  • Claim Me, Cowboy (77th Copper Mountain Rodeo #1)
  • Sweet Adventure (Klaus Brothers, #3)
  • Come Home for Christmas, Cowboy (The Montana Millionaires, #4)
  • Falling for Christmas
  • The Summer Cottage (The Billionaire Brothers #2)
  • Some Guys Need a Lot of Lovin' (Outback Heat, #3)
  • A Very English Christmas (Gay Amish Romance, #3.5)
  • Death Cache (Romance on the Edge, #4)
USA Today Bestselling Author J. H. Croix lives in a small town in the historical farmlands of Maine with her husband and two spoiled dogs. Croix writes steamy contemporary romance with strong independent women and rugged alpha men who aren't afraid to show some emotion. Her love for quirky small-towns and the characters that inhabit them shines through in her writing. Take a walk on the wild side ...more

Diamond Creek, Alaska (6 books)
  • When Love Comes (Diamond Creek, Alaska, #1)
  • Follow Love (Diamond Creek, Alaska, #2)
  • Love Unbroken (Diamond Creek, Alaska #3)
  • Love Untamed (Diamond Creek, Alaska #4)
  • Tumble Into Love (Diamond Creek, Alaska #5)
“man she vaguely recognized was saying something, but she couldn’t hear anything he said.” 0 likes