Start by marking “Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined (Twilight, #1.75)” as Want to Read:
Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined (Twilight, #1.75)

Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined

(Twilight #1.75)

There are two sides to every story...For the first time in a stand-alone paperback comes Stephenie Meyer's Life and Death, a compelling reimagining of the iconic Twilight love story that will surprise and enthrall readers. When Beaufort Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edythe Cullen, his life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. ...more
Published November 1st 2016 by Little, Brown Book Group; ATOM

Start your review of Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined (Twilight, #1.75)
Miranda Reads
description

I thought about falling to my knees on purpose. This was the kind of beauty you worshiped. The kind you built temples for and offered sacrifices to...what would a goddess want from a mediocre mortal like me?
BWAHAHAHA....wait....she actually published this?

So, I reread the entirety of Twilight in preparation for this novel. I really shouldn't have. Twilight was not re-imagined... this was literally the same book.

For those not familiar, Stephenie published a gender-swapped Twilight.

This
Faith (BookSelf ~ You Are What You Read)
I actually sort of liked this almost unironically. It's mostly the exact same plot as the original Twilight (with some major changes as well ) but the less dramatic narration made this a lot more legitimately enjoyable.

My personal favorite character was male Bella, here as Beau, who was honestly a total cinnamon roll! His quiet introversion was nice, especially for a boy character, and I appreciated that. There were times when the plot was going just a bit too fast near the end where I either 1)
Stacie
3 1/2 "Gender Bender" Stars!

Ok, ok... Don't judge, just let me explain! I kept seeing Twilight related stuff EVERYWHERE!! On Twitter on Instagram and on Goodreads (I'm not on Facebook). I seemed like so many people were rereading the series or binge watching the movies, I started to get the itch. Then last Saturday night after I finished the book I was reading, I turn on the TV and Eclipse is on! I could no longer resist. But I was thinking... I have so many unread books on my Kindle, I
Rinn
Mar 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Seriously lazy.

Next thing we know, Meyer will be publishing a gender-swapped version of this book.
May 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
About 3 things I am absolutely positive.

First, this book sucks.

Second, there is a part of this book, and it is quite apparent how dominant that part may be, that was written (and failed) to satisfy some desire to fix a broken book.

And third, I am unconditionally and irrevocably embarrassed to have read it.

If I have to read one more time about Edythe's "perfect face" or Beau's inability to walk a straight line, my mood will match Stephanie Meyer's most frequently used word in this book:
Jessica {Litnoob}
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a super confusing but still really enjoyable read. For anyone like me who read twilight growing up you can see this story as a total rip of the original as that was the intent. But it's not in a bad way. Kinda trippy fan fiction way to be fair but it was still like "awe" the throw back to those original iconic scenes. Now I don't see how people are saying it's super sexist? Not really, she legit had oh boy do all the same things as Bella so if you see sexism in one but not the other ...more
krisy
Oct 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I, the person who couldn't properly fall out of love with Twilight for six years, give a negative rating to a Twilight book.

Hell freezes over.

My intuition told me that reading this book is the worst idea ever, but I tried to stay optimistic and read through all of it. It was the worst idea indeed.

I can't tell if I've just outgrown Twilight or this book was simply worse than expected (why not both?) but it was an absolute pain to read. Meyer somehow managed to turn the characters I love into
Tessa
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Many people didn't find this book so great but I absolutely loved it. It felt like I was reading twilight again for the first time.
Esam Ayyad
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a gender exchange role, that what i think when i start reading it, the girl became the vampire and the boy became the troubled boy who cant even walk without trepping with his own feets, i loved the romance, eventough its a strange romance, i didnt mid to read it mirrored, but only to discover how hard it is to exchange the gender of each one of the main charecters, its ended up with exchange almost each gender of each charecter, maybe except for Charlie and Renee.

but wait, there is more, its
Lizzie
May 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This review, and all my reviews and content, can also be found here.

Be advised that this review contains discussionof abuse.

I saw this book on the shelves just after it was released in 2015, but at the time I wasn't able to buy it. I was finally able to read it this year, though, and as an ex-Twihard (sigh) I thought it would be an interesting experience.

It was. For the wrong reasons.

Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined(spellcheck does not like "reimagined" by the way) has a pretty simple
Susan Arnold
Dec 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
In all honesty, this book was awful.

For the first thirteen pages, I complained after every other sentence. I think that Stephenie Meyer literally went through her Word document that was 'Twilight' and changed Bella to Beau and Edward to Edythe. I felt like I was reading her own version of fanfiction--for her own work! It seemed like such a money grab that I felt dirty reading it at points. And the title? Boring. There was no imagination whatsoever that went into naming 'Life and Death'.

When I
Samantha
ngl I really enjoyed this. Tbf tho I'm pretty bias because even tho I used to adamantly DENY it, I actually love Twilight, so it was kinda nice to be able to reread the story but then kind of not know what's going to happen/read something slightly different.
Clare Holman-Hobbs
This was interesting to read for the first third of the book but ultimately it fell to the same problems Twilight had. I persevered because I had heard the ending was different.
Luke
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the beginning, it was... it was... strange. It took me some time to wrap my head around the characters, to sink into the story, to stop overthinking everything. Okay, it took me ages.

When it was first announced, the thing that drove me to read it, much like everyone else, was curiosity. Plus, I thought this would be an interest way of reliving Twilight. So I requested it from the library and waited.

When it arrived, I couldn't help myself: I had to have a peek. It was very similar to Twilight
Tina
Apr 16, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, audiobook
Trash. The scene where Bella almost gets sexually assaulted turned into a group of men and women attempting to attack Beau and every character was gender swapped EXCEPT THE PARENTS. A women could be the sheriff of a small town and a man could be a trophy husband/dance teacher/ married to an athlete.

This is boring and bad, just like the original is. As an adult, I think everyone would say they were bad but that preteen nostalgia made them seem so good. I am glad the ending was changed but still
Angelique
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I gave this a 3 starts just as I did last time I read this, however this time round I would call it a 3.75 star book. I enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time reading it although I experienced a lot of the same issues as I did last time.
Yankeecountess
*sigh* where does one begin?

I am by no means a "twi-hard" but I also wouldn't call myself a "twi-hater" either. I read the series roughly ten years ago, around the time when the first movie hit the screens. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and while I was by no means "blown away" by the series, I couldn't deny that something about Meyer's writing compelled me to want to continue reading, to find out what happened next. Now all that being said, I also agree with many readers who find
the_reading_devices
Yokie01
Jan 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Well, what a book! And not in a positive way. This was the laziest piece of writing that has ever been published, I’m sure. It was simply Twilight, but certain words were changed to represent the opposite gender. I mean, the whole sentences were exactly the same as the original Twilight! Only “he” would be changed to “she” and vice versa. And I wouldn’t really have a problem with that, if it wasn’t for the fact that this change of genders totally and completely didn’t made sense. I mean, female ...more
Rylee
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will say I enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would. I liked how the main plot stayed the same with a few differences based on the gender changes. It was nice to see a story where the female is the strong paranormal one with the guy being human and 'average' since being the paranormal one is seen as a strength, often resulting in men getting put in that role.
As for issues I had there were only a few and I had those because there were changes made by Meyer because there was a gender
Jadine
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, I would have given it 4 stars if I wasn't so in love with Twilight but if I wasn't so in love with Twilight I might not have read this book. LOL if that makes an sense! I found myself constantly referring back to the Twilight characters (Edyth = Edward, Beau = Bella, Archie = Alice, etc) instead of just enjoying the characters and their story but I know the Twilight characters stories so well! So that was a little distracting. Overall I did like it though and enjoyed the ...more
Jesse
Oct 09, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Ughhhh this is going to take up so much room on the Teen Room shelves! 752 pages AND it's oversized?! I'll just be in the corner crying.
SecondGlantz
Abandoned after the first chapter.
Courtney (bookplaces)
3.5 Stars - Honestly, this was a really fun and nostalgic read! It was fun to re-visit the original story and a book that I loved so much when it debuted. I think Stephenie Meyer did a lovely job of subtly making changes and rewording bits and pieces to clarify confusing or commonly misunderstood parts of the original story. I actually really enjoyed reading Bella from Beau's perspective and laughed out loud at multiple parts that were handled differently by Beau. I also really enjoyed Edythe! ...more
April
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star, retellings
Finally finished Life and Death and i was so happy with how it turned out. I picked this book up because I was craving Twilight and thought instead of reread the book for the 100th time to try something different, and I was not let down. I loved Beau’s and Edythe’s story from the very beginning. I found the first few chapters hard to read because I had to wrap my head around the gender swaps, but once I fully emerged into the story I couldn’t stop. I loved this book the way I love the originals. ...more
Lesley Book Lover
A lot was a repeat of Twilight, so I glanced over those parts, the ending was completely different from Twilight though, so that was interesting. I was glad I found it free on line though and didn’t pay for it, I wouldn’t have been happy about that really.
Barbara Voulgari
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well,I have to say I enjoyed this way more than Twilight.

I like the heroes like this much better than Bella and Edward,since Beau seemed to have more agency and Edythe more personality.The fact that the story wrapped up in one book was a plus,but given the way it was written I would have liked a second book with Beau's adventures as a vampire.

The Cullens seemed more like people as well,since Stephenie had to get their stories in one book rather than across several.The differences between how
Lee
Apr 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So Meyer set out to make a gender-swap Twilight to disprove the allegations of sexism, but all she managed to do was emphasis the sexism and add some new different sexism. So that was... unenjoyable.

This book was actually really boring, so on that front the original is better; although, I still haven't managed to put my finger on what it is that makes it so much more boring. It was actually hard to read though; I couldn't keep my attention on it.

I will say, the ending is much better. Maybe just
Nina
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
i was a really huge fan of the Twilight saga(the books) and i really enjoyed this new book. i really liked the new characters especially beau i think he was really adorable, sometimes with thoughts and feelings that seem a little of for a guy but overall really enjoyable.
i also really liked the new ending, but i think it felt really rushed, like everything happend so fast compared to the rest of the book that is rather slow paste
i think that in the ending beau seemed way too cool with
Sarah Broman
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books

• The Last Olympian: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson Book 5)
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Care of Magical Creatures (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #4)
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Divination and Astronomy (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #3)
  • Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2  (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Stepbrother With Benefits 6 (Stepbrother with Benefits : First Season, #6)
  • Elon Musk: A Mission to Save the World
  • A Ladybird Book About Donald Trump
  • Stepbrother With Benefits 5 (Stepbrother with Benefits : First Season, #5)
  • Una vita al giorno
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Midnight Sun Part 2
  • Stork (Stork, #1)
  • 酷くしないで 6 [Hidoku Shinaide 6]
  • 1° Manuale delle Giovani Marmotte
  • きょうのキラくん 1[Kyou no Kira-kun 1] (Kyou no Kira-kun, #1)
I was born in Connecticut in 1973, during a brief blip in my family's otherwise western U.S. existence. We were settled in Phoenix by the time I was four, and I think of myself as a native. The unusual spelling of my name was a gift from my father, Stephen (+ ie = me). Though I have had my name spelled wrong on pretty much everything my entire life long, I must admit that it makes it easier to ...more

Twilight (4 books)
  • Twilight (Twilight, #1)
  • New Moon (Twilight, #2)
  • Eclipse (Twilight, #3)
  • Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)
“Forever,"
"Forever,"
I leaned down until my lips found hers.
Forever was going to be amazing.”
0 likes