Start by marking “Background Noise” as Want to Read:
Background Noise

Background Noise

He's sexy, yet charming. He's mysterious, but kind—and that dark, southern drawl of his gets me every time.

I don't know who he is, the gorgeous stranger hiding out in this small town, but maybe—for just one night—I don't care.

[Intended for audiences 18+ years of age, due to explicit sexual content.]
Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about Background Noise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Background Noise

Carlene(Inspired)
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Short, sweet, and sexy, Background Noise is R.C. Martin's novella that introduces readers to Ashley and Corie, the rocker and the barista turned epic romance story. Ashley Hicksis the Southern Gentleman type, but his long hair and beard hide who he truly is. Corie Flynn finds him mysterious and hot, but as the girl behind the bar serving his coffee she knows she'll never have more with him besides her sneaky staring until one day he comes up and chan
Ammie *Ammie's Book Obsession*

Light, Romantic and quick read that will leave you wanting more...?

For the lovers of quick, steamy romance here comes a perfect book.

Background Noise is the prequel novella to Backwoods Belle, which will be released soon. I hope it releases soon because I so badly want a HEA for them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is real. This is us. Ashley and Corie.

The story revolves around Ashley and Corie. Ashley is a famous singer/guitarist who is running from a controversy and in order to avoid the media attention he hides in a
Hayley Faiman
Mar 21, 2017 Hayley Faiman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
LOVED THIS ONE!!!! A smokin' sexy short story about a hot as all hell southern gentleman. Ashley was sexy as sin, a guitar playing rock god, who falls for a small town girl who has no clue who he is, at first. One night is all it takes for both of them to completely fall head over heels in lust with one another.

I truly hope that this isnt the end of their story, because it seriously left me wanting more of the sexy couple!
KFForever
Apr 15, 2017 KFForever rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Emma-Louise on behalf of KFF

Corie Flynn is a small town woman, dreaming of escape. She’s 24, and longing to leave Dillon, Colorado, that is until tall, gorgeous and bearded Ashley walks into her coffee shop.

Ashley has been in Dillon for only 4 weeks and each and every day morning he goes to the coffee shop. Corie never knew he was THE Ashley Hicks, the celebrity musician.

“Escaping this little mountain town in backwoods Colorado is just about I’ve wanted for as long as I can remember.
LaDonna
Apr 26, 2017 LaDonna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Sweetly Electrified Guitars for Background Noise

I will admit a couple of things as I start this review. One, I am a huge fan of R.C. Martin and when the world knows her name, I will be proud to say I was a fan from early in her indie days. Two, I had read the early version of this novella in an anthology , and loved it. It has been several months , so off the top of my head, I can't tell you exactly what the changes/additions were, but they are awesome.
By now y'all know I have a major obsessio
Melissa
Apr 12, 2017 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a short and really sweet story about a southern gentleman/musician and the girl from the coffee shop who steals his heart.
Ashley and Corie meet at a time when both of them are kind of lost in life and looking for a reason to move on. They are the perfect match! The book is short but is has more than you can expect. As much depth as you can get in a handful of pages, so much sweetness, and of course some steam and hotness to send you for a cold shower!
I loved both main characters! I, like
Dana
Apr 11, 2017 Dana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why did it have to end????

Corie and Ashley's story was quick and cute! I loved it!!!!

Corie has lived in her town in Colorado all her life, she has wanted to get out and find herself for as long as she can remember, but then life happens and she stays.

Ashley is new in town. He is hiding and looking to find himself again. When Corie and Ashley finally "talk", they have the insta-love connection. But Ashley can't hide anymore and he doesn't want to leave Corie.

Ms. Martin was able to build a relati
Natasha Carrere
Jun 07, 2017 Natasha Carrere rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-finished
Swoon! You won't be able to stop yourself from falling in love with Ashley. He is the mystery man that comes in for coffee where Corie works for a month and only asks for a cup of coffee before asking her to have dinner with him. It's his birthday after all :wink wink:

This was definitely a book with fast paced lust between Ashley and Corie but oh it is worth it especially when Ashely is involved! I loved the introduction to these two amazing people and you instantly get the feeling they can han
Lydia Crane
Jun 05, 2017 Lydia Crane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was my first R.C. Martin book and I can't tell you how thrilled I am that this story has a novel-length continuation. As soon as I finished reading this sexy short, I immediately purchased Backwoods Belle because I want more! Corrie was a heroine I could relate to on so many levels and Ashley was a swoon-worthy, southern hero- the perfect balance of rough and tender that I adore. I can't wait to dig into R.C's latest book and see what happens next with this sexy couple!
Tammy Cole
Mar 21, 2017 Tammy Cole rated it it was amazing
I need more!

I need more!!! I was sold as soon as I learned he was a southern man. Ashley is so hot and sexy! He meets a Corie at a coffee shop and they have instant chemistry together. She's from a small town and has no idea he's a famous musician. These two heated up my kindle. I need more from these two!
Ann Kelly-Uhryn
May 21, 2017 Ann Kelly-Uhryn rated it it was amazing
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

With the Mountains and Men series I became a fan of RC Martin, I will admit to this. I have come to love rock star romance stories and RC has them in spades! Sage from M&M has become one of my newest book boyfriends where I was able to first meet Ashley Hicks, and he made me wonder during one of the stories why he was single and hoped one day to find what Sage had with Millie.

Background Noise is a short of how Ashley falls, and when I say falls
Jennifer Pierson
OMG I'm so jacked up that my head is ready to explode! R.C. Martin is diabolically evil giving me this hot tease before the full story comes out! Ashley is a famous musician who's hiding out in a small town for some peace. Corie is the small town barista who wants nothing more than to get out of town. When they finally speak to each other, they spend a night so hot, that they could have melted all the Colorado snow! Ok, since this is such a short read, that's all I can give away. Now on to whini ...more
Crystal
Mar 24, 2017 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Seriously only 5 stars??? I need more stars for this short story! RC Martin has teased us with this glimpse into the super star that is Ashley Hicks.

This was a sexy and sweet short read. It left me wanting so much more of their story!!

Southern gentleman, mysterious, hot beyond words, sexy beard, plays guitar (so he's good with his hands), what more could a girl in a small Colorado town ask for? Oh yeah, did I mention he's the hottest thing to happen to music? Ashley Hicks has it all!! And all h
Kristy
Apr 10, 2017 Kristy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I'm honestly shocked I liked this book as much as I did. I tend to not have the hots for the southern boys for some reason so I wasn't too sure about this book. I'm so glad that I read this book.

This is the first R.C. Martin book (really a novella) that I have read and it sure won't be my last. The characters were cute and I loved the first half of the novella. It was cute, a little quirky, and had some good banter between the characters.

Th
Kingston Westmoreland **Unbound Book Reviews**
Provided with an ARC for this incredible short read. I have never read a book by R.C. Martín before so this was such a wonderful way to be introduced to her work. I loved Ashley and Corie's characters and the way the author laser focused on just them and their incredible chemistry in this short story,except for one small interaction of Corie's co-worker. The author laid enough groundwork to allude to a larger story to come. We leave Corey and Ashley at a momentous time in their relationship but ...more
Tiffany
Apr 07, 2017 Tiffany rated it really liked it
**4/5 hot steamy stars!**

I'm loving the boy names for girl and vice versa, you don't see it often and not many man can pull off the name Ashley well but if anyone can it would be Ashley Hicks the southern guitar playing sex god!
Honestly this was a great start to a book ..I do feel cheated though and I think a speak for all ..that it just wasn't enough I'm waiting for my next fix and I might lose my mind waiting so please I beg of you don't leave us hanging too long we need more Ashley/Corie!

Thi
Amy Lynn Lockhart
Apr 14, 2017 Amy Lynn Lockhart rated it it was amazing
Corie and Ashley have a whirlwind romance, that is sweet, and swoon worthy. Ashley shows Corie what it means to be brave, and take risks when it comes to making yourself happy. Corie opens up even more of the emotional side of Ashley, and she gets to see who he truly is, before she knows of his past, and who he is portrayed to be by the media.

Background Noise is a spin off short story from the authors Mountains and Men Series, but is most definitely a standalone. I'm a huge fan of this author, a
Shelly's Book Corner
Corey is a small town girl with dreams of something more, working at the local coffee shop. She is currently filling her life with fantasies of the sexy guy with the southern drawl that comes in every morning. One night is all they need to find each other.
I wanted to read something from this author for a while and decided to take a chance on this short story. I have to say I really enjoyed the writing and the pace of the story. In my experience even a short story can drag if poorly written, but
Tracey
Apr 14, 2017 Tracey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an Arc and I am voluntarily giving an honest review.

This book will draw you in from the very beginning. The development of the characters was done well and made me fall in love with them.

Corie, a barista, admires a new customer that had been frequenting where she works. She finds him hot and sexy. She sneaks a peak of him while he works at his table.

Ashley is on a break from being out in the public eye trying to regroup when he sees the beautiful barista. He continues to go to where s
Tessa
Apr 11, 2017 Tessa rated it it was amazing
Ashley is man who has secluded himself in the mountains and doesn't think he'll ever be himself again. Corie is a young woman who's life is nothing like she dreamed it would be. She has settled on living her life out of obligation to everyone except herself. Then the bearded stranger walks into her coffee shop and she can't help but want to know more about him.

I loved just Ashley and Corie so much!

I really enjoy how RC Martin can write a short story and it is still well developed in it's charac
Teri
Apr 13, 2017 Teri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet cute read and I so enjoyed this. I had a smirk on my face for the entire book. The play between the characters is sweet and cute. I don't usually like reads this short but this one was a complete joy. I will most definitely check out more from the writer this read introduced me to. The way Ashley tenderly makes sure that Corie is it for him and continues to make sure she knows it is great and so is the chemistry. I can't wait for the full length novel of these two
Sassy Southern
Apr 14, 2017 Sassy Southern rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! For a short story I did not expect to be swept away like I was. This definitely left me wanting more, so I can not wait to get my hands on the next book with these two.

She is a small town girl. He is a handsome newcomer with a beard. When they get together things just feel right, until she finds out who he really is.

A must read book for sure. I was hooked from the first page and you won't be disappointed!- Alisa
Heather Merriman
I loved this introduction to Corie and Ashley! They had such great chemistry!! I love Ashley's southern drawl and I love that he's from Tennessee, my home state! This is a sexy, sweet short read that I finished in one sitting! I look forward to reading thier full length novel that is coming soon!! This is my first read by RC Martin and I really enjoyed her writing!! I received an early copy and voluntarily left my honest review.
Michelle
Apr 14, 2017 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, 5-star-read, arc
Background Noise is a sweet short story about Ashley and Corie. Ashley, a sexy rocker is hiding out in the small Colorado town Corie lives in. Corie works as a barista at the coffee shop Ashley goes to daily. This is a short novella but it's packed with so much content. The chemistry between Ashley and Corie was amazing. They are perfect together. I look forward to reading more about Ashley and Corie. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this novella.
Jaimed
Apr 07, 2017 Jaimed rated it really liked it
This is a quick short story, but it is just the beginning of Ashley and Corie's story.

The characters are good and the story reads well. I'm sure that more information will be given in the following story. I wish that a little more information was given about the two month jump at the end, but it would have been mostly about Corie leaving town and her new job.

No cliffhanger and a nice quick read.
Stephanie
Apr 13, 2017 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!!! It was a short & sweet story!!

I loved both main characters, Corie & Ashley. They both had a sweetness quality that was refreshing to read. I loved Ashley's southern charm!

I can't wait to see what happens next with Corie & Ashley!!!

***I received an ARC from the author. I reviewed this book voluntarily.***
Lisa Cheney
Apr 10, 2017 Lisa Cheney rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by RC Martin. I can't wait to read more if they are anything like this book, my only problem with it was it was to short. i loved that she had sucked me into the book and couldn't put it down, for such a short story i got sucked into the romance of Ashley and Corie, i am really looking forward to the rest of their story.
Tanz
Apr 10, 2017 Tanz rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet short story about Ashley & Corie. I was hooked from the beginning and loved the 'mysterious' character who is Ashley and that Corie didn't know who he actually was. He also liked that he was a mystery to her.
I can't wait to see what is in store for these 2!! I want their book now!!
Mary
Apr 10, 2017 Mary rated it it was amazing
I love this sexy short story, I only wish it was longer. Ashley, a sexy rocker is hiding out, meets Corie, who has no idea who he is, that's when the fireworks begin. I hope there will be more of them in the future.

An ARC was provided for an honest opinion.
Jennifer McCarthy
Absolutely loved this book! I can't wait for the rest of their story to come out!!!
I'm a born and bred Coloradan. While I now reside in Virginia, the land of the Rocky Mountains is where I've left a piece of my heart and where my characters come to life. I started writing love stories when I was seventeen, and I haven't been able to stop! With me, you'll find that I dabble in a few different romance genres, but my voice is one that's all about the heart. Writing is my dream; and ...more
More about R.C. Martin...