Start by marking “True Abandon” as Want to Read:

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  218 Ratings  ·  105 Reviews
Can the sins of the past be forgiven with the actions of today?

Trish Hogan's life was destroyed when she gave her trust to her high school boyfriend, Jackson, and he threw it away, changing the course of her life forever.

A decade later she’s living in Manhattan -- she has a roommate, a steady boyfriend and a career. When a hurricane puts the city on lock down, Trish gets a
ebook
Published November 13th 2017

To ask other readers questions about True Abandon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Abandon

Robin Hill
I read this one twice. Once in beta and then again recently because I was anxious to see how it all came together after the final revisions. The first read was excellent, but I have to say, I'm really impressed with how the final turned out.

Trish is great. She is a true Colette heroine and if you are a fan of the Abandon Collection, you will love her. But Jax is where Colette's writing shines. When I first started reading True Abandon back in September, I wasn't sure about him. True, what he did
Jean
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just love Jeannine's writing style and this whole series has been a favorite of mine!

Trish and Jackson were high school sweethearts when the unthinkable happens causing them to separate in a horrible way.  Trish's world is shattered and everything she thought was good and right with Jackson goes out the window.  She and her family are forced to move and start over.

Years later and guess who's back? But now he's known to the world as Jax.  His sister calls asking Trish for a favor.  (I'll tell
Jeannine Colette
Oct 01, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Release date: November 13, 2017

NOW LIVE AND FREE ON KU!!!!
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2yxOlOs
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2x1gKAp
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2xH1bux

Can the sins of the past be forgiven with the actions of today?

Grey
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars, 5-stars
I had the distinct honor and privilege of reviewing an ARC of True Abandon by Ms. Jeannine Colette and I must say, I think it is probably my favorite of all of the books I've read of hers, thus far. Not that I'm throwing down a gauntlet or anything. *giggle* I mean seriously, what isn't to love... a book that starts with a natural disaster and it's a romance... it's a match made in heaven for me!

I love natural disasters, I mean, not to get all weird; but I'm one of those people that get all zone
Clau
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is a second-chance romance. Trish has played the victim for the last 9 years. Her boyfriend, the love of her life, recorded a sex tape and it went viral. Of course, it destroyed her life.
Then, 9 years after that, he is in a hospital in NYC on his own, and she is called to his side. This is about the first 30% of the book. They talk a bit, he says he is sorry and he was an idiot, and then she leaves.
Fast forward 6 or 7 months. Trish is in Hawaii, and Jax shows up out of nowhere.

So... I had s
Cole
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this second chance romance!! You will absolutely root for Trish & Jackson on their adventure back to each other as you laugh, cry & gasp!
Richelle Robinson
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love how Jeannine Colette writes characters that evoke so many emotions from me as I read! I love second chance romances and I’m all for a good redemption but I couldn’t forgive Jackson for his actions towards Trish. Yes, I understand it was high school and he was young and stupid but he violated Trish’s trust in so many ways. Honestly that would have been a deal breaker for me. I know time is supposed to heal all wounds but not for me in this case. I really liked Trish and how caring she was ...more
Riz
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cr, english-romance
3.75 Stars
Lauren Runow
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was in a massive book funk and I knew anything by this author would take me out of it and I was right!! I was hooked from the start! I mean come on, it’s a storm and he might be dying?!?! Would you leave him there to die alone or go to the side of the man who did you wrong all those years ago?! This book had everything I love in a book. I laughed out loud, I tested up and I even have a massive crush on Jax. Buy this book now! You won’t regret it!!!
Wit & Wonder Books
**Arc provided by author for an honest review**

In Jeannine Colette’s True Abandon two high school sweethearts get a second chance twice.

After her high school boyfriend Jackson Davis humiliates her, Trish Hogan’s life is shattered. He broke her trust and committed the ultimate betrayal. Fast forward about a decade, Trish is in Manhattan living a wonderful life, until she gets a phone call telling her Jackson is dying. She is the only one close enough to sit beside his hospital bed until his famil
Innergoddess_Booklover
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
True Abandon will take in a emotional ride at second chance at love. I couldnt put this book down .After reading this it makes you refelect on your life and in the choices you have made in your life and wether or not you regret them in order to move you must forgive and forget and move on and be happy. Theres a great lessoj in this story . Jeannine Colette True Abandon is a must read.. youll love every single page.
Alexis
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve become a huge fan of this author but sadly this one really fell below the mark for me.

I know that part of this book is set in Hawaii but I felt like all the Hawaii-ness from the dialect, over description of the island just took away from the story. And the dialect really got on my nerves.

Lastly, I didn’t really feel connected to this story and found myself skimming and then I knew that the ending was coming a mile away.

I still love this author and will still one-click but sadly this one
Cocktails and Books
That was an abrupt ending. There was no closure for this couple.
MillsyLovesBooks
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

True Abandon by Jeannine Colette is a full-length, standalone, second chance romance novel. The cover to this book is just beautiful and suits this book perfectly. An emotional read with great tension, angst, and heartbreak. I smiled, laughed, cried and at times was angry and wanted to scream at both Trish and Jax.

Trish lives and works in Manhattan, has a boyfriend and lives with her some what best friend. Looking in from the outside you would think life is good for her. But for Trish it's anyth
Michelle
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, second-chance
3.5-4 stars. Two high school sweethearts, Trish and Jackson, were torn apart by a scandal that ruined Trish's reputation and left her scarred afterwards. Now, almost a decade later, Trish is face to face with Jackson again in a hospital because he has no one to come to his side and she can't go anywhere because the hospital is on lockdown from a hurricane. They have no choice but to confront one another. The overall premise seems to promise a lot of charged energy, angst and possible redemption. ...more
Bloggers From Down Under
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Kylie from Bloggers From Down Under **

I had been eagerly waiting for this novel to drop into my kindle ever since I agreed to read and give an honest review. Each and every teaser that was released to social media, had me hoping that True Abandon lived up to the hype.

And in a simple answer........hell yeah it did. It held me captive from cover to cover. Annoying daily things like work and running a family was keeping me from
Cindy M. Green
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
True Abandon is beautiful, emotional roller coaster between Jackson and Trish, high school sweethearts torn apart by actions Jackson will always regret. Kids will be kids and you don't always think clearly when you're a teen. Mistakes are made, trust is broken and decisions are made that will shape their lives and define choices that Jackson and Trish make in their future.

Fast forward ten years, Jackson and Trish are brought together in the most random of situations. They're forced to be togethe
Ana Rita
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I had the chance to read a book from this lady and I was super happy for the chance I was about to get. Her previous books made me realize that she was amazing with her words and each book drove me to a beautiful world.
Jeannine Colette has a writing full of feeling, love and some hotness into the mix. If you don't trust me see for yourself.
True Abandon is her latest release and tells the stories of Trish and Jackson.
Trish saw her world crumbling the day her high school
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
What do you do when you have to come face-to-face with the one person you never wanted to see again!

Trish Hogan has fled her home after being ridiculed and humiliated by none other than her boyfriend Jackson Davis.

Trish has tried to move on, she lives in a new city and has a steady boyfriend but for some reason she can't seem to take that leap and make that commitment with her current boyfriend because she's scarred from what happened to her in her youth.

When Trish gets a call that Jackson is dy
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

Jackson and Trish were high school sweethearts but then something happened and they were torn apart by something that Jackson did and something that he will regret forever.

Ten years later and Trish is happy with her life, a steady boyfriend and a career that she enjoys, until she gets a call and Jackson is back in her life.
So when the call came that Jackson is dying she has no choice but to go to him and they are forced to spend time together due to a hu
Isa Jones (Jo&Isalovebooks Blog)
WOW!!

I was completely breathless after finishing this story.

Trish and Jackson have spent each regretting the events of the past in their own way. For Trish the traumatic implications of one night led to her complicated and much traumatised adulthood. As much as she has tried she can't seem to ever find the peace and happiness she has longed for.
The present and fate has its own way to bring both characters face to face in order to put their differences aside and get much needed closure. It is i
Morgan Cross
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jeannine is one of my favorite authors. I have read every book she has published, so I couldn’t wait to start True Abandon. Once I started, I seriously couldn’t put it down. I was glued to the pages. I’m not normally a huge fan of second chance romance, but this story sucked me in and I was dying to know what was going to happen.

This story is full of heartbreak, betrayal, angst, and so much love. I felt so many emotions while reading, but this story truly touched me. I found myself looking back
BeautyandtheBooks
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read a book in this series, I’m like this one is my favorite, no that one was my favorite, but now this one is! Jeannine Colette is the best at taking you to a place you’ve never been, or maybe you have, and it’ll leave you super nostalgic. In True Abandon, she takes you to Hawaii, and she leaves your heart there. In some ways this book had serious Moana vibes, and I LOVED it! From love to hate to love, this book will tear you in two. You’ll feel all the feels a great book should gi ...more
Stacey spence
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a absolute swoon worthy second chance. I loved Jax almost right away. ALMOST. I needed answers first.

This story has everything... love, hate and some betrayal. I was all over the place with whether to root for him or not.

This is a must read... this whole series is and with its emotional rollercoaster, it's ok to send Jeannine a majestic Unicorn giving the finger. It's worth it and she'll forgive you *wink*
Kelli
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great Abandon book from Jeannine! I loved the agony in this book! I was continually wondering where Trish was going to take things in her relationships. The friends in the book added so much fun and humor. I loved the culture and am now wanting to plan another trip back to Hawaii myself! I really enjoyed watching the growth of Trish and Jax and loved the lessons that were taught in this wonderful story about soulmates and second chances. ❤🌺
Jamie
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I am a newbie to Jeannine Colette. Crazy right?! I know. She sure made a fan with this book. You had me at Virginia Tech! As a Virginia girl and a die hard Hokies fan, Trish was such a relatable character for me. You did the Commonwealth well.

This was Trish and Jax's story. Trish has her life headed in the right direction, a good friend/roommate, boyfriend and a career. Like they say one call can change your entire world, make the past come crashing into the future. Stranded together, the Victim
2OCC Reviews
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
This was a really good second chance romance. I didn’t like Jax for a long time because of what happened in their past, but I slowly grew to love his character and the love he had for Trisha.

Trisha had a lot of snark and seeing her overcome her past and slowly forgive Jax was one heck of a ride. The whole plot was fun and at times heart warming. There not a lot o can say because this is one of those books that each scenes mean something different and I loved each scene

I know that there are othe
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
What an emotional rollercoaster! I was angry, heartbroken, frustrated, then I would be laughing then right back to being heartbroken. True Abandon was the first book in the Abandon series that I read and now I’m going to go back and read the others. The story of Trish and Jackson (Jax) is about betrayal and forgiveness. Jackson does something to Trish that seems absolutely unforgivable. Yet the way this book is written, the story of how that forgiveness may be achieved is believable and inspirin ...more
E.M. Summers
Genre: romance
Themes: second chance
Heat: 4/5
Rating: 4/5

Jeannine Colette is back on form with the latest in her Abandon Collection, this time a second-chance offering which stirs the heartstrings. The interesting thing, for me, was that this second-chance relationship isn't due to the typical misunderstanding one usually finds within the trope; rather, these characters actually did make mistakes (and continue to do so). T
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
I adore this authors writing style and once again Jeannine Colette swept me away with one of her contemporary romances. Second chance romance is one of my favourite tropes but when someone you loved and trusted decimates your life, any chance of reconciliation is pretty, pretty slim. Major grovelling and explanations don't even work and only force the one to run again. So maybe a second, seond chance?

I must admit Trish did seem a little immature at times but at the end of the day, what she went
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
When I was little, my mom was part of the Double Day book club. She had piles and piles of books lying around the house; most of them with Fabio-esque men and a scantily clad woman set in a different century. I made up stories in my head just from looking at the covers.

When I as 9, I wrote stories using my best friend as a muse. They were romances...but for the 9-year-old. She was the only one wh
More about Jeannine Colette

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be