Start by marking “The Haunting Of Hillside School (Cabin Creek Mysteries #4)” as Want to Read:
The Haunting Of Hillside School (Cabin Creek Mysteries #4)

The Haunting Of Hillside School (Cabin Creek Mysteries #4)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  141 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
In the next book of the hit mystery series, the kids of Cabin Creek are heading back to school and they'll be put to the sleuthing test!

It's a new school year in Cabin Creek and the cousins have a new mystery. When Claire and David look out the art room window and see a girl's pale face, they suspect it's a ghost. How else could someone look into a second floor window and
Mass Market Paperback, 176 pages
Published September 1st 2008 by Scholastic Paperbacks

Ilesh
May 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mystery
130 pages
This book by Kristiana Gregory is about Claire, David, and Jeff. All three go to Hillside School. One day at school, Claire thinks she saw a ghost outside of the window. After investigating a few things, she convinves the other two that the ghost is real. There uncle tells them a story about how there is a conspiracy about a ghost named Nettie Tuttle that haunts the school. While all of this is happening, there are talks going around to take down the school and build them into co
Jackson
Dec 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Haunting of Hillside School
Kristina Gregory
Haunting of Hillside School is about 3 kids, brothers and their cousin, who think their school is haunted. They hear a rumor about a girl who did in the school and they keep hearing the playing of piano and smelling cinnamon. There is another rumor about men who want to tear down the school to build condos. They need to find out why the ghost is haunting the school and how I stop the school from being torn down.

This book was good but it was more for ch
Dharia Scarab
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
Vishaal S.
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
October 9, 2012
Kristiana Gregory
Mystery
This book is about 3 cousins that investigate their old old school building, they think the school is haunted because Claire, the youngest cousin saw a pale face in the window of the attic with a light inside. Claire thought it was a ghost, David the second youngest cousin thought they should investigate to see what it is. They go down to the music wing to pick up their oldest cousin, Jeff. Then they smell a strong odor coming from a room. They find the sme
Bellezza
Oct 04, 2008 rated it liked it
My third graders are loving the genre of mystery. I first read them The Yellow House Mystery, from the Boxcar Children series by Gertrude Chandler Warner. Now that they consider themselves Junior Detectives, they're all about solving the case before the book is finished. This one also met with their approval, and even had my interest engaged as each chapter ends with you wanting to find out what happens next.
Brittany Z
Oct 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
I listened to the audiobook version because it was the only Autumn-Halloween type book available with no holds from my library app. It's a rather lame children's book that is out-of-touch with today. Although it was written in 2008, the story seemed like it was from 1950 with kids running around the neighborhood with no supervision. I could look past that if the story was interesting, but it's crap compared to the popular kid's books today.
Wendy
Oct 30, 2008 rated it liked it
I loved reading this book to my girls! It was so fun! They loved it too-it was a bit spooky for them at first, but it all turns out really simply and perfect for young ones in the end. I am definitely looking for more of this series to read to my girls.
Spencer P.
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I was reading this book all the clues gave me predictions of what might happen next. and this series remind me of the A to Z Misteries series for example there are two boys and one girl. And they both solve misteries and in the begining of the book there is a map of the town.
Mallory
Jun 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a cute little mystery that is perfect for second-fourth grade. I love how moral and social issues were intertwined throughout the story.
Kelli Shearron
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rdg-4050
This book is an older book, but I enjoy mystery stories like this one. It's an exciting read and any student in your class that enjoys mystery stories would enjoy this one.
Mr. K
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was ok

The kids from Cabin Creek do an excellent job solving their newest mystery.
Lauren Estes
this is one of the best books I have ever read. The cosions find mysteries and i like mysteries. my favoritpart is when they find neties room and a girl is in it.
Georgia
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For some reason I actually really liked this book. I was in grade 4 back when I read it, but still I loved it and I still love it today. Worth a read, unless you're old
Linda
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book is from a series called Cabin Creek Mysteries. It would probably interest younger readers since it hints at ghosts. It's a quick easy read for us older reader but not all that exciting.
Susan
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
I'm not a third grader, so maybe that's why I didn't particularly like this book. To me, it was poorly written and had some really unbelievable things that happened--that were all explained away.
Riley
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a little scary but it was an awesome book.
Sasha
Jun 30, 2016
Mas5thgrade2014
Jan 16, 2014
Cassidy
rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2011
Jenn Saam
Jul 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Enders Game Boxed Set (The Ender Quintet, #1-3)
  • The Zoo Crew (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #14)
  • Nate the Great and the Crunchy Christmas
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)
  • Remembering Mrs. Rossi
  • How a Book Is Made
  • Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)
  • The Case of the Spooky Sleepover (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #4)
  • The Dragonling (The Dragonling, #1)
  • St. Patrick's Day
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of Pablo's Nose (Encyclopedia Brown, #20)
  • The Big Splash
  • And Then It Happened: Book One
  • Arthur's Underwear (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Mary is Missing (Sweet Valley Twins, #36)
  • A Katie Kazoo Christmas (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, Super Super Special)
  • Mr. Putter  Tabby Turn the Page
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)
Kristiana Gregory grew up in Manhattan Beach, California, two blocks from the ocean. She's always loved to make up stories [ask her family!], telling her younger siblings whoppers that would leave them wide-eyed and shivering. Her first rejection letter at age ten was for a poem she wrote in class when she was supposed to be doing a math assignment. She's had a myriad of odd jobs: telephone operat ...more
More about Kristiana Gregory...

Cabin Creek Mysteries (8 books)
  • The Secret Of Robber's Cave (Cabin Creek Mysteries #1)
  • The Clue At The Bottom Of The Lake (Cabin Creek Mysteries #2)
  • The Legend Of Skull Cliff (Cabin Creek Mysteries #3)
  • The Blizzard On Blue Mountain (Cabin Creek Mysteries #5)
  • The Secret Of The Junkyard Shadow (Cabin Creek Mysteries #6)
  • The Phantom of Hidden Horse Ranch (Cabin Creek Mysteries #7)
  • The Case of the Spying Drone (Cabin Creek Mysteries Book 8)