Start by marking “Out of Bounds (Out of Uniform #1)” as Want to Read:
Out of Bounds (Out of Uniform #1)

Out of Bounds

(Out of Uniform #1)

Avery Madigan lives by a strict code of conduct that’s helped her rise through the ranks of navy pilots. Rule number one—never mix business with pleasure.

Lt. Commander Connor St. James never met a regulation he didn’t want to break, especially if it involves making love to a certain auburn-haired woman who’s starred in his dreams since the Naval Academy.

When their worlds o
Published November 29th 2016 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Out of Bounds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Bounds

Start your review of Out of Bounds (Out of Uniform #1)
Amber
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by Melissa Klein, and I really enjoyed the read. I love military romance so this was right up my alley. I love that the main female character was in the military, I have only read one other book where it's the female that was involved in the military. I love the role of a woman in the military, def gives off the female bad ass feel that most of us wish we had. Then we have Connor, who I wish I could keep for myself. He's hot, sweet and knows what he wants, ...more
Lanah
Jan 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2x17-dnf, enda-abis
dnf @ 38% - 5/1/2017

- boring plot
- no chemistry between H/h
- annoyed with h

read on your own peril

I received this eARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Downward dog
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: military

I was given an advanced copy of this book to write an honest review for Netgalley and Cocktails and Books.

OUT OF BOUNDS is an engaging military romance. The story centers on Avery and Connor, two friends who who have known each other since childhood. Things change once they both join the Naval Academy and their friendly relationship changes into a competition. Even while they are constantly competing against each other, there is an attraction simmering between the
Kari Hansen
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Avery was a pilot in the Services however she retired from active duty when she divorced her cheating ex-husband so that she could be there for her son and now works for an aviation company.

Connor was a pilot in the Services as well however he had to retire when his brother passed away so that he could look after his niece and rescue the family business.

They have known each other since they were kinds and have fought their attraction to each other by ensuring that everything between is a competi
Helen Simpson
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
ANOTHER FANTASTIC BOOK FROM MELISSA. A WELL WRITTEN AND INFORMATIVE BOOK. IT WAS NICE TO CLEARLY SEE THE AUTHOR HAD RESEARCHED ABOUT TOPICS AND PUT IT IN A WAY THE READER CAN UNDERSTAND. I HAVE TO SAY ALL THROUGH THE BOOK MY GUESS FOR THE ATTACKER CHANGED AND HAPPY TO SAY I NEVER GOT IT RIGHT. LOVED HANK AND HOW HE KEPT TRYING TO PROTECT MIA EVEN FROM HIMSELF. A REALLY BEAUTIFUL STORY FROM A GREAT AUTHOR. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
Becky Burciaga
Nov 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Easy read with a strong female in a military role. A good start for the beginning of a series.

This ARC book was complimentary, provided by the Publisher and NetGalley. I am voluntarily providing my honest review.
Neil
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, romance
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

This is a nice easy read which does not strain the brain.
Ideal for the beach
Book Lover
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Avery and Connor have known each other since they were kids. Both entered the Navel Academy and became die hard competitors.

Avery married and divorced with a son. She has retired from active duty but is still on Reserves. She works for an aviation company. She is confident, smart, and independent.

Connor had to retire from service to go home and take care of his niece and save the family business from ruin. He has sunk everything he has into paying off his brother’s debts and turning the busines
DianaC-Bookaholic And
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
♢♢♢♢♢ 5 STAR REVIEW ♢♢♢♢♢

Two of the most competitive Navy pilots Avery (Mad) Madigan and Connor (Titan) St. James are ready to take you to one steamy and emotional ride it will make you love them.

Avery and Connor have a long history and when fate reunite them at a critical moment of each other's lives. As you read this story you will find it emotional in a sense you feel for this two and want to help them. Making you forget they are fictional characters.

I recommend for you to read this amazing s
poppy
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by Melissa Klein and it wont be the last i really enjoyed it.This is a great start to a great series i really enjoyed Avery and Connor's story and cant wait for the next one a great read ...more
Tami
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: klein-m

I love that this was dedicated to women in the military. I love when fully capable women are appreciated. Hey and it had a little second chance action going on.
Kim Vanravenswaay
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked the fact that both Avery and Connor had been in the military. Makes it a hands down hot read when both are capable to take care of themselves, but rely on each other anyway.
C bond

Dec 14, 2016
Joanne Hartson
Jan 01, 2017

• The Honey-Don't List
  • Stronger than the Rest (MacLarens of Fire Mountain, #4)
  • The Trouble with Hating You
  • The Marriage Game
  • Conventionally Yours (True Colors, #1)
  • The Boyfriend Project (The Boyfriend Project, #1)
  • Alien Commander's Mate (Warriors of the Lathar, #6)
  • Loch (The Powers That Be, #3)
  • Island Affair (Keys to Love, #1)
  • Remedy (3013)
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist (The Friend Zone, #2)
  • Bonds of Trust (Wicked Play, #1)
  • Dirty Rich One Night Stand (Dirty Rich, #1)
  • Hard Ever After (Hard Ink, #4.6)
  • Bound and Determined (Sexy Capers, #1)
  • Toxic (Dark Obsession Trilogy #3)
  • Hard to Be Good (Hard Ink, #3.5)
  • One to Watch
Melissa Klein writes contemporary romance about everyday heroes fighting extraordinary battles. Whether facing the demands of caring for a child with special needs or the struggles of a soldier returning home, her characters take on the challenges life throws at them with perseverance, courage, and humor. She lives in Atlanta with her family and can be found at www.MelissaKleinRomance.com, https:/ ...more

Out of Uniform (3 books)
  • Out of Sight (Out of Uniform #2)
  • Out of Time (Out of Uniform #3)

News & Interviews