Start by marking “The Grift of the Magi (Heist Society, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
The Grift of the Magi (Heist Society, #3.5)

The Grift of the Magi

(Heist Society #3.5)

Katarina Bishop is a thief. To many it wouldn’t matter that she now uses her considerable skills to re-steal valuable works of art and return them to their rightful homes.

She’s still a thief.

So that’s why Kat’s surprised when an Interpol agent comes to her one snowy evening, asking for Kat’s help.

The Magi Miracle Network was set to auction off a very rare, very valua
Published November 15th 2016 by NLA Digital LLC

Start your review of The Grift of the Magi (Heist Society, #3.5)
Rachel
4 STARS FOR "THE GRIFT OF THE MAGI" BY ALLY CARTER

As, somewhere, a clock struck midnight, Kat looked at the eggs and thought about the Magi. They followed a star and brought presents to a king, but never before had Kat felt less like having a normal Christmas with normal presents.

ALLY CARTER, THANK YOU FOR BRINGING MY BABIES BACK TO ME. Even if it's only in novella form.

Most people would be turned off by the sound of a "novella", because most tend to be inconsequential and only three pages,
Lisa
pre-read: I'M STILL FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS

post-read:

I miss the Heist gang so much. I'm still holding out for a fourth full-length book but for now, I'm satisfied with this one.
Eri
The Grift of the Magi singlehandedly saved me. my crops are thriving and my skin is clear and I feel blessed that Ally Carter wrote this book, and it enchanted me so much I can't believe it's only a novella

The heist society kids are the best crew I love them to the moon and back guys <3
Carla
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

"...he was feeling everything and choosing to show nothing."

All the stars for this one!

I love the books so much and I was so happy when I found out about this sweet novella! Everytime I'm back in this world I ache to be a part of the crew!
And yes, I ship them.
Hale- he is the most amazing example for a book-boyfriend.

But still. I Need a fourth book in the series. Please, Please, Please. Let that happen, Ally!!!
Grace
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mary H
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 maybe. Good short story, but all it did was stoke my desire for a fourth FULL novel and also TELL US WHAT HALE'S NAME IS, ALLY.
Tara ☽
3.5 Stars

In hindsight, I probably should have read The Grift of the Magi at Christmas, since it is, after all, ostensibly a Christmas novella.

But I doubt my unseasonable reading habits dampened my enjoyment of this little story. It's basically a fully-fledged Heist Society book, only condensed into less than 100 pages. And, dare I say, it's the best Heist Society story since the first book. I enjoyed books 2 and 3 but found them to be sort of bogged down with unnecessary personal drama (seriousl
Alix
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(view spoiler)

This was just perfect. I've missed these books and these characters so much!!!! I hope this means Ally Carter is planning on writing more Heist Society in the future.
Adriana Alvarez
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I hadn't noticed how much I missed these characters and the kind of spy/crime missions they go on, they're just great! I mean I just love Ally Carter's books because she has very creative ideas and her characters just live very strange/thrilling lives, which make them really interesting. Even though they are such a fun read I do wish that we as readers could be more behind the scenes and actually see them plan they're heists or get to know more of how they pull it off, because I know I'd love it ...more
Ashley Owens
Dec 11, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 / 5 stars. I'd give it a full 4 if it was just a bit longer with more scenes between Kat and Hale as well as Kat and Gabrielle. Also I love getting to know the emotional side of Kat more, so I wish there was more of that. But for a novella this was pretty freakin great! Very cute :)
michelle (magical reads)
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, 2017, 2018
I'VE WAITED 3 AND A HALF YEARS FOR THIS OKAY
Sonja
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was so much fun, I loved it a lot. I also missed Kat and Hale so much and I'm so happy this exists.
C.B. Cook
Soooooo good! Possible review in the future, but for now... just read it! :D
Kristen
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, love love the Heist Society books - this one left me screaming, more, more, more!!! Please Ms. Carter write more Heist books. Love the mystery and the characters. I think I might go back and read the series all over again.

Moral Note: Nothing comes to mind
Piepie
This was fun to read! I hope we hear more about Hale and Kat!
Kareena
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
How is it possible that a) I didn't know about this and b) haven't read it yet! (I mean... I obviously if I didn't know about it I couldn't have read it...) [25/08/2017]

[30/11/2017]
[4.5 / 5]

As always, so nice to read something written by Ally Carter. Only taking off .5 because a) I didn't have a continuous reading flow with this novella.. it was very choppy, and b) because I'm reading it years after reading Heist Society (of course), so took me a little while to remember the characters and every
LeeAnne
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I have missed Hale and Kat, and long for another glimpse into their criminal lives. This was a fun read that gives just a hint of how awesome the Heist Society series is and will leave fans longing for #4! I love the worlds that Ally Carter creates, and any fan of her writing will love this novella!
Alina Lizzy
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW LOUDLY I JUST SCREECHED

Haraiah Eve
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-release
So good. SO GOOD. I want more.

Really, every time I finish a Heist Soc or GG book all I want is MORE.

Hmmm. Maybe another crossover? Please? PLEASE.

I miss them all. SO MUCH.
Katelyn
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's hard to find a good novella or short story but this was amazing! After reading Heist Society I flew through Embassy Row trilogy and the Gallagher Girls series. Ally Carter is such a good author!
Bianca
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so cosy, definitely put me in the winter spirit ❄️

I wish there were more stories about these characters, but for now I am content with this ending.
Melissa
I love this whole series. Ally knows how to write a good Young Adult book. This is a short Christmas story that includes all our favorite thieves. I was a fun story and got me excited to read the 4th Heist Society I am hoping comes out soon.
alisa
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
okay no is THIS my fave of the heist series? possibly. probably. or maybe i should find some chill and wait for the next book to come out bc AC just gets better and better.

love the (healthy and unhealthy) relationships in this, and how everything gets tied up so prettily for christmas
Jamie Itokazu
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novella was so cute. I loved seeing the relationship between Hale and Kat sizzle a bit more. IT was also good to see Kat interact with more of her family in front of Hale. It would be nice to see another story where they go after the third eye of the Magi, like her dad suggested.
Marie the Librarian
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gosh I just want moooore from this world!! Its full of twists and turns and Hale and Kat are adorable and I need more!!!
Erica Leigh
I never get tired of these characters
Laura AP
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I missed my dearest family in the world. Seeing them again was such a joy.
Amy Lou
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AHHHHHH FABULOUS I NEED A FOURTH BOOK
Eunice
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can I have a heist or Gallagher novella every Christmas? it's always good to get back to these characters and as always, Oceans feels!!!
Husnaa
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finally read this Heist Society Novella and I loved it! Kat and Hale are so adorable together, I love reading about them and their antics. Really looking forward to another Heist Society Novel. Hopefully it comes out soon
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Two Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • Perfect Cover (The Squad, #1)
  • Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • The Long Game (The Fixer, #2)
  • The Conspiracy of Us (The Conspiracy of Us, #1)
  • Map of Fates (The Conspiracy of Us, #2)
  • The Ends of the World (The Conspiracy of Us, #3)
  • The Fixer (The Fixer, #1)
  • Twelve (The Naturals, #4.5)
  • The Fairy's Mistake (The Princess Tales, #1)
  • Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)
  • Nobody
  • Darklight (Wondrous Strange, #2)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • You Know I'm No Good
  • Model Spy (The Specialists, #1)
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, and Embassy Row series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

She encourages you to visit her online at allycarter.com and embassyrowbooks.com.

Heist Society (4 books)
  • Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)
  • Untitled (Heist Society, #4)