Start by marking “Moonborn (Heartborn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Moonborn (Heartborn, #2)

Moonborn

(Heartborn #2)

Livvy Foster has a new heart, home, and a place in the powerful halls of House Windhook. The fall of Sliver was only the beginning of a civil war that sees angels from across the sky challenge each other to lead a world in which the past and the future are connected by a storm crafted from time, ambition, and power.

When House Selinus attempts to bend the light of days in o
Published 2017

To ask other readers questions about Moonborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonborn

Start your review of Moonborn (Heartborn, #2)
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Terry Maggert!

I was super excited when I got this ARC because, one, I loved Heartborn, and two, Maggert is an intelligent writer. What I mean by that is that his books (the two that I have read) are extremely well researched. He includes myths and legends form Ancient history which enrich and are integral to the plot. He doesn't take a myth and modifies it for it to fit the scope of his plot, he takes the
Terri Wilson
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The more I review books and get to know authors, the more I see how fun it is to read multiple series by the same author. This is the second series from Maggert that I’ve read. The first series I discovered, Halfway Witchy was a fantastical fun filled story with witches, shifters, a vampire, and waffles. (Some of my favorite things) I heard the first book in this series, Heartborn, on audio.

As soon as I finished this book, I began counting down the days until the next book. It was THAT good. Wh
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just like pie, this book is impossible to stop devouring until it's completely finished, and yet I still want more of it's deliciousness. Packed full of action, intrigue, and perhaps a new adversary, the second book in this series is just as powerful as the first. A new heart was just the beginning for Libby and our adventures with angels. The beasties (a nod to Carlie!) here are terrifying and awesome and beautifully described. I'm very excited to see where the story goes from here because the ...more
Rabid Reader
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this follow up story to Heartborn. It takes us from the sorrow of Keiron's sacrifice to the joy of Livvy's new health. Then onto a thrilling story of battles, intrigue, growth, hope and suspense. I enjoyed the relationships formed and the superb blending of myth and storyline. You are drawn into this captivating world and held entranced by the great characters and well woven plot. I will really look forward to reading what comes next.
Raquel Evans
For some reason this book is just not pulling me in like the first book did. I'm sad there's not more of what the first one felt like, but there's no point in forcing myself to keep going with this one.
Lorena
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
This book could be read independently, but I think it will probably be most enjoyable if you read the series in order, starting with Heartborn (Shattered Skies Book 1).

What I loved best about Moonborn is the worldbuilding. Terry Maggert has created a fascinating world here, and he describes it beautifully with imagery that evokes all of the senses. There's also plenty of action, and I felt like the pacing was ok. The story is told alternating between various characters' points of view, and that
Kimi
Jun 03, 2020 rated it liked it
The worlding building in the book was more developed than Heartborn. I love the details and description that was written to finally build the world I was wanting to learn more about. The character development in the book was well laid out and realistic. Terry is a very eloquent writer and even though this is a young adult fantasy this definitely doesn't read like one, it's more sophisticated.
The reason for my rating not being a bit higher is because the ending was a bit unsettling for me. I gue
Sherri
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, ebooks-owned
A lot happening in this book and the author is great at world building! Such an intense book full of magic, love and redemption. I highly recommend anyone that likes fantasy to read this book and Heartborn.
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terry Maggert does it again! Oh, weaver of words and creator of worlds! I love that I learned so much about what was going on. I admit I was lost on a couple things in the first book. This story kept me guessing at every turn.
KayteReads
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, arcs
REVIEW COMING SOON!
Charita Braker
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this entire series. Terry's take on celestial life is fascinating.
dianne bates
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read

Amazing story.lots of emotion and action.I really liked the characters in this adventure.suggest you check this authors books out.Amazing story....
Marnie Warren
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous continuation

Again, Terry Maggert has drawn me into a world I fell in love with in Heartborn. I cannot wait to read more from this Author. What a fantastic read!
Jackie
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book full of magic, so intense that you can't put it down until you're finished. Definitely need more
Jessa Julian
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Long before Mr. Maggert ever asked if I would be interested in reviewing this book, I knew that I would do it. Why? Because I LOVED the first book in the series. If you want, you can read my review here.

Starting the book, however, I wasn't quite sure that I was the right person to read this book. I felt like I didn't remember enough from Heartborn, and I was worried that I would not be able to do this review justice.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

Catherine
Oct 24, 2019
Christine
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC review For honest review. Chaos Break out as war in for the air .livvy learns to be an angel with keiron's heart. This tells the story around all the angels.
Karen Roth
Nov 01, 2019
Free Books, .99, ...: YA Fantasy Bookish Pillow 1 4 Jun 06, 2017 10:16AM
Free Book Giveaway: YA Fantasy bookish pillow 1 7 Jun 06, 2017 10:12AM
Readers That Love...: YA Fantasy Bookish Pillow 1 2 Jun 06, 2017 09:59AM
Books, Blogs, Aut...: Bookish pillow 1 1 Jun 06, 2017 09:50AM
Book Giveaways: Bookish pillow 1 7 Jun 06, 2017 09:39AM

• A Girl From Nowhere (The Firewall Trilogy, #1)
  • Into the Hourglass (The Evermore Chronicles, #2)
  • Pack of Strays (Fangborn, #2)
  • Hellbender (Fangborn, #3)
  • Seven Kinds of Hell (Fangborn, #1)
  • The Banty House
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary, #3)
  • Everafter Song (The Evermore Chronicles #3)
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
  • The First Girl Child
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • The Guardian (Immortal Dealers, #2)
  • The Serpent (Immortal Dealers, #1)
  • When She Returned
Left-handed. Father of an apparent nudist. Husband to a half-Norwegian. Herder of cats and dogs. Lover of pie. I write books. I've had an unhealthy fascination with dragons since the age of-- well, for a while. Native Floridian. Current Tennessean. Location subject to change based on insurrection, upheaval, or availability of coffee. Nineteen books and counting, with no end in sight. You've been w ...more

Heartborn (2 books)