Start by marking “Notes From My Phone* a self-portrait in her twenties” as Want to Read:
Notes From My Phone* a self-portrait in her twenties

Notes From My Phone* a self-portrait in her twenties

Michelle Junot has kept notes on her phone for years—what to pick up at the store, work-out logs, prayers, hopes, thoughts on life and death—all the while creating a snapshot of her life with an honesty that only occurs when not paying attention. In Notes From My Phone* (Mason Jar Press, 2016), Junot opens up her phone and her life to you. This collection of essays, to-do ...more
Paperback, 1st, 205 pages
Published December 6th 2016 by Mason Jar Press

Be the first to ask a question about Notes From My Phone* a self-portrait in her twenties

Michael B Tager
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well, I published this book, so I have a bias, but I wouldn't have published it if I didn't think it was fantastic and universal. And wonderfully weird, wonderfully written, wonderfully economical. It's a dope trip through the mind of the author.
Anthony Moll
Junot's book does something that a lot of my favorite art does -- it offers mere outlines and allows the reader to fill in the blanks. This collection of notes from the author's phone offers snapshots of a period in her life, and the reader is left to fill in the spaces between each bright spot. In this way, the book insists that the reader must be involved with completing the story. I enjoy that.

The books is more religious than I'm usually comfortable with, but its strange conventions offer a
Cielo Cournoyer
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you are in your 20s, trying to figure out love, life and everything in between, this is the book for you. The book "Notes from my phone" reads like a personal journal where the author writes her thoughts and struggles as she encounters them--something that we can all relate to. She vividly describes the events that consume her with a voice that resonates with the reader. The book is super relatable and it feels like a personal gift; like, "OMG, I feel that and I've always wanted to say it but ...more
Maria
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
'Notes From My Phone' is the most relevant, honest, and entertaining memoir I've read in a long time. Funny, heartbreaking, and relatable - this book made me think of the way we all engage with not just technology in our day-to-day lives, but also faith and unwanted rodent infestations. I'd highly recommend it!
Sean Silveira
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Michelle always astounds me with her writing and this book is no exception. Even when she does not mean to, because let's be honest sometimes you just put random things in the notes app on your phone, her insightfulness shines through. I recommend you get this book and read it, and if you have not gotten her first book you should get that as well.
Donna
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: essays
I really enjoyed Michelle's writing style. Entries had times, no dates which enhanced the seeming randomness of her writing. There are a lot of christian references which I cannot really relate to, but I don't think detracted from the book for me. I enjoyed the random, angsty ramblings!
Tyler Mendelsohn
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review forthcoming
Grace
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Poignant, heartfelt, and, at times, hilarious.
Danielle
Nov 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
I received an ARC from MasonJar after seeing the promos for this on Twitter and I really like the premise. Seeing things like grocery lists and old letters, things people didn't intend to keep, gives a tantalizing glimpse into strangers' daily lives and inspires the imagination. (I like Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found and Found: The Best Lost, Tossed, and Forgotten Items from Around the World for more in this vein.) So I was really intrigued by the idea of collecting that same kind ...more
Gwen Velsor
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. These micro-insights into Junot's life are accessible, heartfelt and real.
Lavonia Reid
Katharine Adams
Maggie Moritz
Patty Demyda
Nov 19, 2016
Michelle Junot is the author of Notes from My Phone* (Mason Jar Press, 2016) and and the floor was always lava.

Michelle earned her M.F.A in Creative Writing & Publishing Arts from University of Baltimore and her B.A. in Communication and Dance from Centenary College of Louisiana.

You can read more about and from her at michellejunot.com .