Start by marking “As Desaparecidas” as Want to Read:
As Desaparecidas

As Desaparecidas

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  74,661 Ratings  ·  7,366 Reviews
Uma história tão original como perturbadora.

Nicolette pensa que escapou...
Já se passaram dez anos desde que Nicolette Farrell abandonou a sua cidade natal. Não resistiu ao misterioso desaparecimento da sua melhor amiga, Corinne, e abandonou tudo: pai, irmão, namorado, toda uma vida.

O destino trouxe-a a de volta...
Agora, obrigada a regressar ao seu passado para cuidar do pa
Published November 14th 2016 by TopSeller (first published June 28th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about As Desaparecidas, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Mommooshka I think Daniel felt responsible for protecting his little sister, and he was angry that she let Corinne influence her to take her dangerous action on…moreI think Daniel felt responsible for protecting his little sister, and he was angry that she let Corinne influence her to take her dangerous action on the ferris wheel.(less)
Evette "All the Missing Girls" is definitely not a scary book. It is suspenseful though, and will definitely keep you on your toes.

Chelsea Humphrey
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Wow! Super twisty and held my attention from the first to last page. I wasn't expecting the ending and was extremely impressed with the way the story was told in reverse; a difficult feat that was pulled off nicely. Very satisfying and suspense filled read!

Nicolette "Nic" Farrell has returned home to help fix up her and brother Daniel's family home. Their father has dementia and they need the money to pay for his care at the Grand Pines assisted living home. Nic has made a life for herself in Pe
Jen
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually had my review almost fully formed when I was 3/4 done. I was promised a jaw dropping read per the book flap but, at best, this was a mouth twitch, brow rise. I know I'm going against the current on this one- many adored this story.
Personally, I hated the structure. It's told backwards- 2 weeks. 10 days, 4 days, one day...all the day before. Wtf? Too confusing and when I have to work at timelines, I check out.
However, as I continued on - I was curious- there were some triumphant twists
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re-read of this book through audio 2017. The narrator did a great job 😊

I have to say the cover of this book is beautiful, at least to me! I also think it makes a great background for a thriller book!

HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER! THIS BOOK ROCKED!

Okay at one point I forgot the blurb and thought I was losing what is left of my mind. The book is going along from the beginning and then all of the sudden (BAM) we are at a part that I don't remember getting to.... Then my little brain catches up that this
karen
congratulations! semifinalist in goodreads' best mystery/thriller category 2016!

"There you are."

okay, i have now officially read this book twice - once the way it was intended, with its reverse-countdown of days and events, and once backwards, following the plot chronologically.

which begs the question: which one is better?

my friend connor is very critical of nonlinear chronologies (in movies, anyway - he's no booknerd). his complaint about them, and it's absolutely a valid one, is that many time
Miranda Reads
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Ever read a story backwards?

(Yeah...me either....and it turns out there's a reason for that...)
Here’s the thing I’ve learned about leaving—you can’t really go back.
Nicolette Farrell returns to her hometown following a ten-year absence to sort through her father's house.

All the terrible memories are flooding back. The last time Nicolette was in town, her best friend, Corinne, disappeared.
Missing girls had a way of working their way into someone's head. You couldn't help but see them in every
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
...Just about *3 stars*

All the Missing girls?

Because I’m always down for a healthy dose of originality, I was pretty intrigued when I learned this story was told in a reverse format: starting in the present then moving backwards in time, pretty much a single day each chapter. As cool as this sounds in theory, it unfortunately ended up being more of a distraction than anything else. I often found myself backpedalling, convinced I’d somehow missed vital details of the plot.

I gave this book 3 st
Melissa
This is one of the best books I’ve read this year—without a doubt. I was pretty intrigued when I first heard the story was told in the reverse - who tells a story backward? Was it just a ploy to make it seem different from other suspense novels or would it really work? I was kind of skeptical, not entirely sure the author could pull it off, but she did. The result was a twisted and very addictive story, one that took me completely by surprise.

What I loved most about this story was Nicolette. St
But here’s the thing I’ve learned about leaving - you can’t really go back. I don’t know what to do with Cooley Ridge anymore and Cooley Ridge doesn’t know what to do with me, either. The distance only increases with the years.

Anyone who has left that small town behind knows what it’s like going back those rare times you’re still obligated. That out of place feeling. I understood what Nic was going through and where her mind was at. I guess the difference here is I didn’t leave behind a mystery
Lou
All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda is a thrilling, gripping read from the very start. The story is told in a unique way - working backwards in time, starting with the present day, which serves to keep the reader off balance for the entirety of the book. Initially, I was concerned at how well this would work but this was unnecessary as it worked absolutely perfectly. It's a story that really can only be told in reverse.

The story begins with Nicolette (Nic) reluctantly returning to her hometow
Deanna
3.5 Stars!!

After reading the description for this book I was really intrigued. Then I read the "Dear Reader" at the start of the book which stated that I would be spellbound and unable to stop reading until I found out what happened to the missing girls. That the twist makes it unlike any reading experience I've ever had. Phew!!

"The book is told backward. After the setup, the story jumps ahead fifteen days and then counts down, day by day, until we reach the beginning again"

This is a story about
Meredith
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This book to over my life! I could not put it down!

Nic Farrell reluctantly returns home to small town Cooley Ridge, North Carolina to help care for her ailing father. Having fled 10 years ago after the disappearance of her best friend Corinne, Nic has done all that she can to put the past behind her and move on. But Nic has a secret about Corinne, and as we all know, secrets come to the surface. When Annaleise, a girl who served as Nic’s alibi the night Corinne went missing, also goes missing,
Crumb
I didn't really know what to think of this book..at first. It started out rocky, to be honest. However, I found that I couldn't stop reading..I couldn't put it down. It started to gradually build momentum and I am happy I stuck with it.

This was a perfect book to read in October. Very creepy on so many levels. The title is completely on point. This story is about missing girls, two of them. I also just have to mention how much I adored the cover.
I wasn't crazy about how this story was told backw
Obsidian
This book was terrible. Besides a gimmick of telling the main story backwards (which I swear I have seen before in books like "The Secret History") there was nothing appealing about this book. The main character was terrible, her family was terrible, and there was no development at all with secondary characters. I didn't get a sense of anyone at all and when I got to the letdown of an ending I was really ticked I had wasted any time at all with this.

Nicolette (or Nic) is reluctant to return to h
Sue
THE MISSING GIRLS by Megan Miranda is her first novel for adults, and will be published by Simon & Schuster on June 28th, 2016. This is a powerful psychological suspense novel, about the disappearance of two young women and like nothing I have ever read …because the story is told in REVERSE. How brilliant! One of the best novels I have read in 2016!

At first, I really didn’t know if this structure would work being told BACKWORDS…but she made it work and I loved it! I had to keep on reading to
Linda
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda through NetGalley for an honest review. My thanks to Simon and Schuster and to Megan Miranda for the opportunity.

The ferris wheel.

You know the uncertainty of the ride. The tilting and the swaying of the individual cars as you cast your fate to the backwards pitch. Slowly, gaining speed and not really knowing what the view is behind you. Trusting that you will reach the top. Then the shocking thrust of the forward plunge. And it all begi
Lala BooksandLala
Jan 10, 2016 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller-mystery
No star rating. I gave it 100 pages and nothing interested me enough to continue. The characters so far are boring af and I don't like the writing.
Lindsay - Traveling Sister
4.5 stars! This was a gripping page turner for me! This book kept my full attention from the very first to last page. The author did a fantastic job of telling the story in reverse (Day 15 to Day 1) - such a unique reading experience! I felt completely drawn into the main character, Nic's, story. She seemed to have a dark, secretive side to her and I wanted to know more about her past which was slowly revealed throughout the novel. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more ...more
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
It is 24 hours since I finished All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda. I have thought about it constantly since I finished it, and I still don't really know what to think of it.

'I have to tell it this way, in pieces. I have to work my way up to it. Work my way back to it. I have to show you the beautiful things before I get to the ugly.'

I found All the Missing girls a difficult read. That is not necessarily a bad thing. I have really enjoyed many other books that were difficult reads. It took s
Larry H
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Yes. This is what a thriller should be.

Ten years ago Nicolette Farrell's best friend Corinne disappeared from their North Carolina hometown one night. No one could figure out what happened to Corinne, although the investigation brought a lot of people's secrets to light, and made everyone a suspect—Nic, her then-boyfriend Tyler, her brother, and Corinne's boyfriend, Jackson. It wasn't long before Nic left Cooley Ridge, getting rid of her accent and putting her old lifeand those in it—behind her.
Frances
Cooley Ridge is one of those places that will either hold you forever, or let you go. Nicolette Farrell left a decade ago to start a new life in Philadelphia and has returned for the summer to help her older brother Daniel sell the family home. Realizing their father will never return from the care facility, Nic is anxious to visit him with the hopes he will be more lucid and can explain the note he sent; ‘I need to talk to you. I saw that girl’. Feeling uneasy of what may have triggered the los ...more
Esil
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Another book with the word "Girls" in the title...

All the Missing Girls is clever and well written, but I never really felt caught up in the story. Maybe the concept -- while clever -- didn't quite work for me. Maybe I'm just really finicky when it comes to thrillers -- I like some, but not many. All the Missing Girls is told from Nicolette's (Nic) perspective. When she was 18, her best friend disappeared and then Nic left town. Ten years later, she returns to her home town and another girl disa
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“I have to tell it this way, in pieces. I have to work my way up to it. Work my way back to it. I have to show you the beautiful things before I get to the ugly.”

Before I even start let’s get something taken care of real quick like . . . .

“Like the spellbinding psychological suspense in The Girl on the Train. . . “

STFU already about the most boring alcoholic on the train who can’t get over the fact that he’s just not into her. Ser
Julie
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda is a 2016 Simon & Schuster publication.

“It is quite true what philosophy says; that life must be understood backward. But then one forgets the other principle: that it must be lived forwards. – Soren Kierkegaard

‘All the Missing Girls’, is a crafty, twisty/bending mystery told in a very innovative way, backwards, like a countdown, leading up to the big climax.

When Nicolette Farrell gets a phone call from her brother, Daniel, regarding the health of the
Isabelle
Sep 14, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book follows the story of Nicolette ‘Nic’ who is in her late 20s and has to go back home to a small town in the middle of fucking nowhere to sort out her father’s home now that his health is declining. This book is told in a backwards to front format for the period of 14 days. So you start out with her going to this small down and arriving to her childhood home and then we go to the future and tell the story backwards.

There are a slew of problems with this novel and I will attempt to deline
Book of Secrets
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ALL THE MISSING GIRLS shakes up the suspense genre with a unique way of telling the story: backward. At first, I wasn't sure how this set up would work considering it's a mystery, but in the end I have to say that it worked very well and added to my enjoyment of the book. I listened to this on audio, narrated by the talented Rebekkah Ross.

It begins with Nic (Nicolette) returning to her childhood home of Cooley Ridge because of her ailing father. Nic left Cooley Ridge ten years earlier, just aft
Melisa - Traveling Sister
ALL THE STARS. All of them!

I have not been this excited about a book since Lou Berney's
Long and Faraway Gone. (Which is interesting since there are some similarities, including the cover.) The originality is something I haven't seen in a long time, the story is told backwards in time. To me, that alone is one amazing feat by the author, but the fact that it was so incredibly well done leaves me in awe of this writer. A tale of missing girls told in such a haunting way...I will be thinking of th
Beth Hudspeth
Reviewed by: Hello Beautiful Book Blog

This book will have you searching the pages for the next piece of information to cling to for some clarity. I couldn’t put this down because I had to know what happened to all the missing girls.

The small town of Cooley Ridge holds many secrets within the woods, caverns and the river. I love books about people within a close knit town. I love the rumors and lies, and the truths that are only known to a select few. The people in this type town aren’t trapped
may ❀
this review is 20 years late, excuse my tardiness

description
This book has everything you want in a thriller. A gripping beginning, a creepy aura, and a small town filled with secrets. And while all the components were present, the ending seemed to miss the mark for me.

All the Missing Girls is told backwards, from Day 15 back to Day 1 – where sweet, quiet
Jan
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, mystery
I have no time for an in depth review as I'm moving, finding reading alone has been a challenge and I'd rather spend my time there. :)

In a nutshell:
This is a solid thriller that kept my attention and eagerly anticipating the ending. The story is told backwards, so I did have some confusion on the timeline of things and personally wish the story had been told in normal fashion. I don't think the backwards order added anything to the enjoyment of this read or to the suspense.
The ending wraps up n
Veronica ⭐️
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
All the Missing Girls is the first in a new series by Megan Miranda who has written several books for Young Adults. This is her first book for adults.

Nic returns home to Cooley Ridge to help her brother ready the family home for sale. Their father is suffering dementia and now in a nursing home. The sale of the house is required to pay mounting bills. Once Nic arrived home it was like never leaving and the memories came flooding back. She’d left the town 10 years ago after her friend Corrine dis
The Mystery, Crim...: * December 2017 group read: All the Missing Girls, by Megan Miranda 17 109 Jan 20, 2018 11:39PM
All the Missing Girls--author web page 1 11 Dec 05, 2017 08:40AM
  • The Vanishing Year
  • I See You
  • We Could Be Beautiful
  • Brighton
  • Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
  • Ink and Bone
  • You Will Know Me
  • The Couple Next Door
  • The Sister
  • The Last One
  • No One Knows
  • Watching Edie
  • All Is Not Forgotten
Megan Miranda is the New York Times bestselling author of ALL THE MISSING GIRLS. She has also written several books for young adults, including FRACTURE, HYSTERIA, VENGEANCE, SOULPRINT, and THE SAFEST LIES. She grew up in New Jersey, graduated from MIT, and lives in North Carolina with her husband and two children. THE PERFECT STRANGER (4/11/17) is her second novel of psychological suspense.
More about Megan Miranda

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Mr. Paradise
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Lord Peter Views the Body (Lord Peter Wimsey, #4)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
  • Mystic River
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Hard Goodbye (Frank Miller's Sin City, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • The Dinner
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike, #3)
  • The Secret in Their Eyes
  • Snow Falling on Cedars
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist (Agatha Raisin, #6)
  • Absolute Power
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Instinct (previously published as Murder Games)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Lincoln Lawyer (Mickey Haller, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #17)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Death in the Devil's Acre (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #7)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • American by Day
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)
    $10.99 $1.99
“People were like Russian nesting dolls - versions stacked inside the latest edition. But they all still lived inside, unchanged, just out of sight.” 38 likes
“There is nothing more dangerous, nothing more powerful, nothing more necessary and essential for survival than the lies we tell ourselves. I” 12 likes