Start by marking “Married This Year (Married This Year #1)” as Want to Read:
Married This Year (Married This Year #1)

Married This Year

(Married This Year #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  422 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
New Year's Eve has never been so depressing!

Jordan Parker is so sick of men who don't live up to her standards. Which is pretty sad, since her standards are outrageously low! All she wants is a good man with a sense of humour, who'll treat her right. That's not so much to ask is it?

This New Year's Eve is as disastrous as any other for Jordan. Her date is a douche canoe,
Published December 31st 2016 by Daring Online Adventures

To ask other readers questions about Married This Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Married This Year

Dawn West

Wow, this book was a mess for me... I'm not even sure where to start.

I don't usually include spoilers in my reviews, but fair warning that you might find the following to contain mild spoilers.

Jordan sees her best friend get engaged and suddenly (as well as drunkenly) she decides that she wants to get married, too. So she and her girlfriends set out to make a list of her ideal guy's traits. Most of them make sense and a few are superficial. But hey, everyone has their particular likes and dislik
Melody Cox
Jan 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
I was looking forward to reading this book but was sorely disappointed. I'm sorry I cannot recommend 'Married This Year.'

(view spoiler)
ItaPixie
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie, 4-stars

This was an easy funny read.

I've enjoyed every minute spent reading Jordan's story.

Unfortunately our heroine like most of us doesn't have too much luck with men,her dates are so terrible you cannot not to laugh reading them.

Becky Claxon
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was hilarious! I laughed so much. Jordan is 28 years old and out with her friends on New Year’s Eve. One of her friends gets engaged that night. Jordan is drinking and decides that her New Year’s resolution is to find a man and get married. She even downloads an app to help her out. Her friends get her to put together a list of must haves in a guy. They make her promise that she gives each of the guys a chance among other things. The first app she uses is Tinder and sets up some dates ...more
Kara
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I love plots like this. Girl wants a guy. Meets the perfect one. Can't see that. Keeps trying to find HIM. Then magic happens. Yeah - predictable BUT easy sexy & romantic.
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just happened to run across Married This Year and I’m so glad I decided to read and review it! I loved this funny story about Jordan and her search for the perfect man, as well as, her quest to get married by the end of the year. For anyone that has ever had horrible blind dates or tried online dating and was unpleasantly surprised by the people in real life, then this is a laugh-out-loud novel for you!

Seeing her best friend get engaged and the constant nagging from her mother prompts Jordan t
Tiffany
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! On a quest to fulfill her New Year's Resolution, Jordan sets out on a series of dates in order to find "The One". She wants to be married by the end of the year. With all the dating apps out there and friends with family members to set her up with, how hard could it be? Unfortunately for Jordan it's harder than she thought. The chapters in this story cover each month of the year. Follow Jordan as she goes from one awful date to the next. Some will have you in stitch ...more
Tee
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She made a list and she was determined to stick to it. To find the perfect man.
Of course, no one could tick off every box and still be perfect. Except for the man who she was certain was not perfect for her.
Married this year was a funny, comical look at a young woman who makes a New Years resolution to be married this year. It takes us on a journey of failed romantic encounters, while she looks for Mr Right.
I highly recommend it! 5 Stars!!
Debbie Dalton
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read this author. I liked it so well bought the second one and preordered the 3rd one. This is a good light hearted story.
Crystal
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this book a while back and I am just now getting my review done.

I have to say since I am experiencing the whole dating thing myself after 18 years I can understand this. I have tried to download some dating apps and seem to just get the crazy people. Can no one just be themselves anymore?

Jordan Parker decides after seeing her friend become engaged and meeting a guy that is way beyond creepy that she will make a list of the right guy that she wants and she will be married by the next year.
Coco.V
Jan 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/11/2018)! 💝
Angel
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jordan and her friends are out on New Year's Eve and one of her friends gets engaged. She's had a lot to drink and decides she needs to be married by this time next year. They make out a list, download some dating apps and she's good to go.
I wasn’t too happy about the way the book started. I’m not a fan of one-night stands. However, after that initial impression I really enjoyed the book. I liked Jordan and her friends and how they were always there for each other. Luke came across as cocky at t
Teresa  Christianson
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy for an honest review.

OMG is this funny. This is a must read
Jordan decides on new years eve that she will be married by next year this time. She along with her best friends plan how she will accomplish this. She signs up for several dating sights and writes a list of what her perfect man must have which includes a car.
If I had that many dates go that bad in the first part of the year I would seriously give up on dating forever and never even think about marriage again.
At
Kristen Lewendon
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Side-splittingly hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, but it's left me completely terrified of today's dating scene. I loved Jordan - strong, independent, and slightly neurotic, just like the rest of us, with all the usual baggage that accompanies having family and friends. And Luke is just the sweetest best friend ever. The parade of dating disasters Jordan subjects herself to left me crying, I laughed so hard. Buy this book. Read it. Just don't do it in a library. You won't b ...more
Sophie Koufes
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jordan Parker is an achiever & makes a plan on New Years Eve that in 365 days from now she will be married. As she makes quick notes on a serviette, & a new goal setting phone app she is on her way. This highly entertaining novel is well developed with no plot holes. With wity character's that are realistic with real emotions and flaws. This novel was so funny I could not stop laughing. I was hooked right from the beginning till the end. Come along with Jordan on her disastrous dates &am ...more
Sheila Schoenauer
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didn’t think this book would be as funny as it was. I couldn’t help but laugh at all the crazy dates Jordan ended up on. They just kept getting better and better. I did want to knock her over the head at times though. Talk about wearing a blind fold. Luke was so sweet, understanding, and patient. I loved Rex too! Talk about a loyal dog! There were times I was a little confused about the timeline. But I can overlook that for a great laugh.
Julia
Enjoyable

I enjoyed the concept of the heroine deciding to get married and then putting herself out there by going out on a lot of dates. It was a fun, light hearted romance with some truly awful dates lol. My only complaint is that I wish it was longer because I would have liked to have seen more of the hero and heroine as a couple. Overall I enjoyed the story and read it in one sitting.
Cheryl
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, life, romance
This is the first book I have read of Tracey Pedersen. In a nutshell I would definitely read another!
Romance, laughter, truism (in we have all been there) and quick enjoyable read. However, I was ready to smack Jordan upside the head with how long it took her to face facts.

I received an arc from the author free, in exchange for an honest opinion.
Liz
I could totally relate to the crazy online dates. Loved that idea.

What I really disliked was the lack of any sort of relationship development with Luke. The reader should fall in love with Luke... and we're told nothing... and in face their relationship just skips ahead to the HEA.... and this chick was so blind and self absorbed that she NEVER asked him what he did for a living?
Melissa
Shelves: 2017
This was an excellent story. I laughed in parts and then in other parts I was screaming at the main character. I couldn't put this book down because I was anxiously awaiting for Jordan to come to her senses.
Rhonda
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was different from any book I've read and kept me reading until late at night. I had to find out if Jordan ever woke up! Great story with hilariously horrible dates. This book will keep you laughing!
Kimberly
Can I have a Luke too?

I loved reading this book. I was routing for Luke the whole time, he's such a sweetheart. Rex was a great feature throughout also. Great read.
K
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: absolutely-loved
Enjoyed

As a single woman myself I believe we have dated some of the same men however I have a few more oddballs as well. Great read, full of humor.

Jo-Anne
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, wtr
This starts out funny and just kept me laughing all the way through. One drunken New Year's Eve Jordan makes a resolution that she is going to be married by that time next year. After scribbling out the things she wanted in a man (on a napkin) and with her friends help with a list of dating rules, she sets out looking for her perfect man. She is determined to find "The One" and got a dating app to help her in her quest.

I loved this comical story about Jordan's dating disasters. One of the rules
Rita  McCall
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Funny, quirky, disastrous love story

I read this book in a few hours, stopping to explain to anyone close by what was so funny. Welcome to the world of desperate online, relative set up, co-worker dating. When things look good, beware. The main character goes through a lot, and I mean A LOT, of chaff to get to the wheat! This is a very funny quick read that is a great escape for an afternoon. I don't need to tell you the synopsis, you're all big people and would have read any of the reviews if yo
Christi
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book had such potential based on the premise, but it was strange story after strange story told in such an offhand and in-passing way that it didn't hold my interest. I didn't really fell like I got to know any of the characters - who even is Jordan? Let alone anyone else. The most well rounded character is (view spoiler) All of the bad dates ran together and I couldn't keep the names straight ...more
Shelly Celli
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Luke for the win

I absolutely adored this book. Luke does all he can to keep Jordan in his life, even if it's only as friends. You can see throughout the whole story how much it bothered him that she was dating everyone but him, but he was there for her through the whole thing and helped her when she needed it. Jordan was an idiot sticking to all those things on her list when her perfect match was in front of her the whole time, but I can understand needing the experience. This is a great read!
Aliana
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Luke and Jordan

Wgen Jordan witnesses her friend's Nee Year's engagement, she makes a drunken decision to get married the same time next year. She makes a checklist of what would make "husband material" and sets off an a whirlwind of bad dates.
What I really enjoyed about this story is that it seemed Luke knew right off that he would be perfect for Jordan. And rather than proving that to her, they became great friends and he supported her through her crazy, disastrous dates.
Loved this story
Annette
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!! This is the funniest book I have read this whole year! These blind date scenes are just hilarious. I love Luke, he is just so patient with her letting her go through what she thinks she needs to do to be married this year. Jordan has blinders on when it comes to Luke but her escapades always led her back to him, he becomes her best friend & a shoulder to lean/cry on while she filters through these jerks. Loved this story, I couldn't put it down, highly recommend!
Nancy
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was closer to 3.5 stars but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. I liked the premise of trying to find Mr. Right by going on lots of dates. The crazy date stories were completely cute and believable. I just couldn't believe that she'd totally be oblivious to the hot guy hanging out at her house all the time and his feelings for her. The last couple of chapters were an "Awww."

Married This Year (4 books)
  • Married This Year 2: Simmering Love (Married This Year #2)
  • Married This Year 3: Adventures In Hiring (Married This Year #3)
  • Married This Year 4: Ticket To Ride (Married This Year #4)