Start by marking “Secrets We Keep” as Want to Read:
Secrets We Keep

Secrets We Keep

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  146 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Mating with a human is strictly forbidden.

Alpha wolf-shifter Dane has been forced to stand by and watch the love of his life date another. Trisha is off limits to him because she isn't a supernatural and she's not allowed to know his secrets. When he realizes she's going to take the plunge and marry another--a human--he can't fight his inner beast any longer. It wants to c
Published November 15th 2016 by Raven Happy Hour LLC

To ask other readers questions about Secrets We Keep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets We Keep

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
3 Wish He Would Have Kept It In His Pants Stars

This one was OK. The writing was great, and I liked both Dane and Trisha. It's VERY short, so you don't get very much depth to the story.

I didn't love that he basically knew from the first time they bumped into each other that she was his mate, but because she was human (and apparently mating with a human was illegal) he just keeps her as his BFF and fucks a gazillion women during the whole 7 years they are friends. At least she was dating and gett
Tre Talbot
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Looking for a quick hot supernatural shifter read then you’ll love this story. Trisha is human and is best friends with Dante a shifter wolf, the only thing is that she has no idea about his secret. I wish there was more to their story but every second was steamy and loving. Great read highly recommend. This is my unbiased and voluntary review.
April Symes
What a great book that is short, sweet and full of plot. I was able to read this in a few hours and it kept me entertained which is something I greatly enjoyed. Dane finds himself in the "best friends" zone with Trisha. He would like to move it past that place but doesn't know how to do so. He wants her more than a friend, he finds her very attractive , more than that, he wants her badly. He makes sure he is in her life anyway he can be there. In fact, he is over at her place more than he is any ...more
Ingrid Stephanie Jordan
Reviewer: Ingrid Stephanie Jordan
Genre: #PRN #WolfShifters
My Score:   #5Stars☆☆☆☆☆
♡•°•♡•°•♡•°•♡•°•♡•°•♡•°•♡•°•♡•°•♡
     Laughing here... This book is so short I'm trying to think how to review this One Chapter of 37 Pages without spilling anything... Well it is Nine Chapter but they are short.
     Trisha Holt aka: Trish was waiting for her
fiance at this fancy dancy restaurant and the jerk stood her up again, Again Trish talks
Jeanette
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-authors
Trisha.a human and wanted by Dane. But it was forbidden for a Lycan to mate with a human. But she was his mate. But he had to fight it.He decided they had to stay best friends . But it had become more difficult to do.Trisha was hitting 30 years old and promiced herself she would be married by that age,even though she was in love with Dane. She knew it was a lost cause because he showed no interest in her except as best friends. So she decided to marry someone else and settle. What was it going t ...more
Nikki Brooks
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mandy-roth, pnr, reviewed
Dane has been firmly entrenched in the friend zone by Trisha. He tried toinsert himself in her life and he spends more time with her than anyone but even she doesn't know his secret...he's a shifter!

Trisha lusts after Dane but refuses to ruin their friendship - he is the best thing in her life and now way no how will she trash that. But when her so called fiancee lets her down again,Dane is there to rescue her.

Short and mighty this read is! Packs a wallop with cheating fiances, forbidden love an
Sharon Hatt
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Secretly in love with her best friend Dane, Trisha has had to resign herself to the fact she is not Dane’s type and he only wants friendship. Unknown to Trisha, Dane has a secret too, more than one and Trisha is set to marry the wrong man Dane can no longer keep his secrets or his love of Trisha a secret. Now the secret is out can Dane keep Trisha safe and sane. Wonderful short read with steam, a little humor, and a lot of secrets!
**I voluntarily chose to review a copy of this book and I have no
Brandie
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook version:

Story: This was short but oh so sweet! I loved the chemistry and heat that was packed into this read.

Narration: Wen's voice was soo yummy! Voice was clear, clean production. I would have loved a little more difference between the character voices but that was my only thought. I got confused in a couple conversations as to who was saying what.

Great Quickie!
Kim
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Secrets We Keep was a delightful romance. Trisha can't have the man she wants so she runs through her fill of men that treat her terribly. Dane loves her so much that he keeps her as a friend only for years! This is fast paced with a lot of insight from Dane's perspective. The ending was quirky and fun.
Letitia Moore
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This short story is hot as hell. If you want to read a good book, but don't have a lot of time, this book is for you. Dane is a wolf-shifter in love with a human. Mating with humans is forbidden, so he becomes her best friend. When his wolf won't be denied any longer, they take what belongs to them. I recommend this short read.
Ashley Hedden
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Secrets We Keep by Mandy M. Roth was a great read. Dane is an Alpha wolf-shifter and has to watch the person he loves date and marry someone else. That is because mating with a human is forbidden. I loved reading Dane and Trisha’s story.
Terri
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Secrets We Keep...

Short, sassy, funny and definitely angst to the max. From the first page to last you'll hold your belly and laugh til you cry. I love short story that doesn't cheat you from the goodies.
Roseanna
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one super steamy short story. The narration is dreamy. I would have loved more a back story, but it was still a great small read.
Ti

Genre: Urban Fantasy, PNR, Paranormal, Romance
Release Date: 24th November 2016
Challenges: N/A
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Mating with a human is strictly forbidden. Alpha wolf-shifter Dane has been forced to stand by and watch the love of his life date another. Trisha is off limits to him because she isn't a supernatural and she's not allowed to know his secrets. When he
Victoria
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great short story about Dane and Trisha, a love that they though could not be until Trish is about to do something that will change her life forever, and not for the better. A fun and quick read!! I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Tiana
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given an copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Mandy Roth's paranormal shifter book, Secrets We Keep, is a stand alone short story. Trisha Holt has the bad luck to be in love with her completely platonic, best friend, Dane Bennett. He's a great guy, and they have fun together, but he's just not that in to her. She has finally given up hope of anything between them and agrees to marry her current boyfriend, Bill. But when Dane comes to her rescue, after Bill behaves badly, she
Robin
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a great short paranormal romance by Mandy Roth.
Dane ands Trisha are not only coworkers (trisha is technically Dane's supervisor) but over the past seven years have become BFF's. As deeply attracted and in love as Trisha finds herself becoming to Dane she is determined to keep him in the friend zone as to not ruin their friendship or working relationship. Trisha also is clueless that Dane wants their relationship to be so much more than it is.
Dane has a few secrets though and they get
Leanne
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't want to write to much about this story as I WILL end up giving away too many spoilers.

Dane has had to fight since he was a boy. Fight for his name, fight for his right and fight for his place in his world. But now Dane has the biggest fight ever on his hands.
He's loved Trisha for the past seven years, but he can't have her, no matter how strong the pull is. For Dane has a dark secret, a secret that makes him unable to have the woman he loves, his mate. For Dane is a shifter and Lycanthor
Titania
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this story in return for an honest review.

This is a nice quick read from Ms. Roth. Dane and Trisha have been friends for years. But both are hiding a secret. When Trish's attempt to move past her feelings for Dane lead to hurt feelings, will Dane step forward and heal her pain? I loved the relationship between these two characters. They have a solid friendship and it is apparent. They love and support each other even as Dane hide who and what he is. I loved seeing their rela
JKAF
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Secrets We Keep was such an interesting book! I loved the story but I wanted to SMACK Dane in the head for being a dimwit!
Secrets between friends always have a way of showing themselves!

Seven years is a long time to be "just friends" with someone especially when that girl is Trisha Holt and she is Dane's fated mate. Dane is told that it's forbidden to mate with a human by the elders but Dane can't take it much longer!!
Trisha wants Dane so much but he won't have her so she settles for Bill and is
Pam Louis
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great fast paced parnormal romance
Dane gas worked his way up the food chain in his pack and is considered an alpha wolf shifter but he is not the alpha of the pack. You would think he could get anything he wants but he can't have Trisha, his pack told him humans are off limits. SO for 7 years he has been Trisha 's friend. BUT as Trisha reaches her 30th birthday she knows she just has to get married even if it's not to the man she wants. Her best friend Dane
There is anot her problem. BI
Cheri
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE: LISTENED TO THE AUDIO 3/23/18--A GOOD ONE.
It's true! Tell a person (or lycan) you can't have it (her) and it is that much harder to resist. For years Dane has done that very thing, resisted sweet Trisha as forbidden by his pack leaders. He hasn't been able to stay away from her, so he is her BFF. Sweet torture every minute, but being near her is better than not. Even an alpha lycan has an end point. Could it be another man?

This is a very short, hot, wolf shifter read. As always, Ms. Roth
Donna Hokanson
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Resisting the inevitable
This is a quick little self-contained story about an Alpha male were wolf and a human female. Dane has always believed it was against Lycan law to mate with a human, even if she is his true mate.
Trisha may be engaged to an idiot and dated others for the past 7 years but the one she truly wants is her best friend Dane. But according to Dane they can never be anything but friends.
This all comes to a head when Trisha and Dane are at her apartment watching a movie, after he
Selina Durio
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great quick read that didn't leave me feeling cheated. The characters were very well developed and the story line didn't feel rushed. Trish and Dane have been friends for seven years. Dane knew the moment he met her that they were mates, but she is human and he believes it is illegal, in his world, for lycans to mate with humans. The friendship between these two was encouraging.

Great read and I hope the start of a new series.
Heather Ray
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a short, sweet, but sexy book. It is easily read in an afternoon, or it was for me. I loved the tension between best friends as Dane wants Trisha but knows she is forbidden. She also is engaged to a jerk. Why? Well she doesn't want to be alone but thinks Dane doesn't want her. It is a fun story of the two coming together and Dane finally saying to hell with the law and follows his heart.

I voluntarily left a review from an ARC that was received.
Angel
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short, Sweet, Sexy

Secrets We Keep is a quick, sexy-sweet read with a HEA that is perfect for a romance fix. Dane and Trish are best friends who've avoided and ignored their feelings for each other for seven years. When things change, they're forced confront those feelings. I really enjoyed the story, even if some of the lines are corny. If you're looking for a feel-good, but dirty quickie, Secrets We Keep is perfect!
Maura Frankman
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a very entertaining short story. Dane and Trisha are best friends. They are attracted to each other but will not act on it. Trisha thinks it is because they are best friends and she is involved with another man. But that is not the real reason. Dane is a werewolf and forbidden to mate with a human, especially one who does not even know that werewolves exist. Trisha is his true mate and rules are made to be broken
Rani Davis
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a great fast paced book that had no dull moments. That being said it was about a third of the length I'm guessing of the iops series books. If you are a fan of.Mrs. Roth 's then this is a good book for you.
Rayna
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet

Well not too sweet. It was very dirty and I really like the fact that he wanted to eat Bill ( I hated Bill). it was just very sexy, very naughty and a very good read thank you Mandy.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Mandy M. Roth is a self-proclaimed Goonie, loves 80s music and movies and wishes leg warmers would come back into fashion. She also thinks the movie The Breakfast Club should be mandatory viewing for…okay, everyone. When she’s not dancing around her office to the sounds of the 80s, she’s busy writing sexy paranormal operatives. Mandy lives in Oxford, Mis ...more
More about Mandy M. Roth