Start by marking “Magic Fish Dreaming” as Want to Read:
Magic Fish Dreaming

Magic Fish Dreaming

A poetry quest for families and children to discover nature and the people of Far North Queensland, as well as poetry in every space they might travel beyond the book.
Paperback, One, 48 pages
Published October 30th 2016 by Gumbootspearlz Press

To ask other readers questions about Magic Fish Dreaming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Fish Dreaming

Start your review of Magic Fish Dreaming
Dimity Powell
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-lit
You'll find my impressions of this sublime collection of poetry within the book itself. Suffice to say, the lilting rhythms of Perkins' verse and the creatures and curiosities that swirl throughout each of Helene's illustrations will entrance and delight children for generations. Highly recommended.
Georgina Ballantine
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Magic Fish Dreaming is a magical collection of seventeen poems, bursting with the joy, curiosity and wonder of children as they explore the Australian landscape of Far North Queensland. June Perkins' evocative verse and Helene Magisson's heart-warming illustrations offer new delights on every page. Such gems as 'Gecko's Dance', 'Storm Dancers', and 'Giggle Poems' invite young readers and listeners to laugh and move to the rhythmic verse, while contemplative, soulful pieces such as 'Secret Spot' ...more
Vacen Taylor
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Magic Fish Dreaming is one of those books destined for parents who understand the importance of reading a book to their children, a book that discovers magic in the country and its creatures. The words are joyful and magical. The illustrations are lovable, alive with shape, imagery and spirit.

This book is filled with poems that draw you into the peacefulness of the Australian bush. Poems that celebrate the creatures like Geckos’ Dance, Beyond Caterpillar Days, Tawny and Wishing for a Fish invite
Melinda Irvine
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

A quality book of children's poetry: filled with the Australian landscape, speaks to community, honours indigenous ancestry and cultural diversity.

Magical poems and stunning illustrations and I just can't wait to include it in my little boy's bedtime reading.

Still deciding on my favourite poem: I can't separate "Pond Pests" and "Magic Fish Dreaming".
Lynette Oxley
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
A great collection of poems for children from Far North Queensland.
Story Monsters Ink
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Poetry can whisper in the wind and carry the imagination softly with it, or beat loudly like a drum and stir the heart’s complacence. Rhyme and rhythm have encouraged awareness and learning in our children from a very early age, and it’s great to see poetry books like this leading them to an appreciation for this great art of expression. The words, layout, font, and color palette, as well as the illustrations by Helene Magisson are truly a wonderful visual experience in themselves.
Kai
Oct 28, 2017
Alison Stegert
Dec 23, 2016
Educateempower
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Magic Fish Dreaming by June Perkins

I’m writing this story in a bottle lost at sea…..

Magic Fish Dreaming by June Perkins is a collection of poems for children that ignite imagination, incite dreaming and explore the great land and wildlife of Australia.

Poetry is not something I read a lot of – but after reading Magic Fish Dreaming by June Perkins I believe it is something I should do more often.

Not only did I enjoy the diverse range of poems included in this book but the children I read it to
Karen Tyrrell
May 19, 2017
Stacie
marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2017
Judith Barker
marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2017
June Perkins works with many forms of artistic expression: writing, poetry, photography, digital storytelling, blogging, video documentary and education.

She spent nearly a decade living in Far North Queensland, and was mesmerised by its natural beauty, intrigued by its inhabitants and learnt some wisdom through its distinctive weather and people.

She has previously written many short nonfiction