Start by marking “Horsemen (Detective Jason Smith #7)” as Want to Read:
Horsemen (Detective Jason Smith #7)

Horsemen

(Detective Jason Smith #7)

One draining murder investigation after another has left DS Jason on the brink of losing his sanity and he needs a break. A string of armed robberies at the McDonalds in the city of York are getting in the way. Smith’s DI makes him a deal; if he can get to the bottom of it, he can have two weeks off. Smith figures out who the brains behind the robberies is; the young wife ...more
Published November 2nd 2016 by Stewart Giles

Start your review of Horsemen (Detective Jason Smith #7)
Linda Strong
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018

DS Jason Smith is burnt out. He desperately wants some time away from murder and crime, his supervisor, everything. His boss says he can have 2 weeks ... BUT .. he must first solve the problem of the armed robbers who seem to really like the McDonald's restaurants. So far they've hit five stores in the last week.

Smith is a smart detective and finds the mastermind, earning the praise of the police and the owner of the McDonald's franchises .... Jimmy Phoenix.

Smith is finally on his way to a small
Books 'n' All  Promotions
This review is for the newly updated and reedited version

I love this series. The books just get better and better and this one is no different.

I am pleased to see Smith starting to mature and get it together with Whitton. They make a brilliant team both personally and professionally. I also like the humour Stewart has run through the books especially with Chalmers and Smyth I can actually see that happening in real life.

The story revolves around the people with big money the underlying theme b
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, LOVED this!!! Action packed, and full of secrets, betrayal, murder, mystery and suspense! This is what you call a page-turner! Jason Smith wants some time off, alone, and I think that he deserves it! He's been granted a couple of weeks off - but only once he has got to the bottom of a spate of thefts which have been taking place at McDonalds food outlets in York. Eventually, Smith goes off on his hols to sunny Scarpdale and as is the norm with him, it doesn't go quite to plan! I wa ...more
Joanna Larum
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I came upon the first Jason Smith book by accident and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. After that, I moved on and read them in order, getting more involved with them with every book which came out. Horseman, the 7th Jason Smith book, is yet another great story and, once again, I didn't work out whodunnit before the end!
Smith is investigating some armed robberies in the MacDonalds franchises in York. He is told that if he solves them, then he can have a holiday, so he sets to with a will. Soon sol
Simon Leonard
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 7th book in the DS Smith series, or 8th if you include the prequel, and to get to know how DS Smith's mind works, as well as what Stewart has put him through previously, you need to have read a couple of the previous books before this one.  It does work well as a stand alone though if you haven't had a chance to read them all yet.

This book is slightly different to the previous Smith books in that it doesn't involve the rest of the York Police because Smith is on vacation in the lovel
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Today I have my review of the seventh in the Smith series, the Horsemen which if you haven’t read any in the series, I would highly recommend that you read at the least the book before this one or what I say would be even better to start at the very beginning with Smith.

DS Jason Smith is considering his future with the York police department yet again. He turns to his friend/psychiatrist Jessica Blakemore (who is currently residing in a mental health facility after a nervous breakdown) and she s
Donna Maguire

This is another great addition to the Detective Jason Smith series!

I love reading the books in this series - they are well written and I find them quite addictive. The characters work so well together. This instalment is focussed away from York and it gives the book a different feel and you are introduced to some very different characters, I guessed part of the plot line but there were a few twists I didn't see coming.

Whilst it is part of the series and ha
David Ray Siders
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story

Good story line, if somewhat convoluted at times. It’s a fairly clean read too, no sex and not much in the way for foul language which is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to reading the next book.
james Winstanley.
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant read .

Enjoy STEWART GILES as old as any big boys novels I've read.
Would make a good TV series . Or film .
Amanda
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Stewart’s books since the moment I picked my first one up, called ‘Unworthy’. I have been busy catching up on his other books and I can honestly say that I have loved each and every book of the Smith series that I have had the pleasure of reading. I have just finished reading ‘Horsemen’ and I absolutely loved it but more about that in a bit.
What can I say about Detective Jason Smith? Well, he is an Australian by birth but he was sent over to England to live with his grandmot
Sally Rogers
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great story

I have read all in the series back to back. Not only does the author write a good plot, he also brings the characters to life. Each story has been a page turner - bring on the next!
Gary Van Cott
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This series is improving book by book although the plot has some issues.
Anne Hill
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay

The story was a bit convoluted, and at some points, it made zero sense. Other books in the series are much better.
Sarah Legge
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done, finished
This is a fast moving action on every page book. Put me off mc donalds for a while incase i was shot!
edward ennis
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Complicated.

Twisted story with interesting turns. Getting more like a serial and quite predictable, hot curry is a big clue. Good.
Muriel Roach
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stewart Giles books

Always thoroughly enjoy DS Smith books. Looking forward to the next in the series. Would recommend them to a friend.
Kev
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm enjoying the series but becoming fed up with the incorrect spelling of the word 'superintendent'.
Michele Zito
keith banks
Feb 25, 2018
Nicky Proctor
Jan 28, 2018

• The Railway Man (DCI John Blizzard, #3)
  • The Dark Isle (The DCI Dani Bevan, #10)
  • Baby Lies (DI Mariner #4)
  • Crossed Out (The Harrogate Crime Series Book 6)
  • Vanish without Trace
  • KILLING CHRISTMAS an absolutely addictive crime thriller with a huge twist (Detective Mike Nash Thriller Book 4)
  • The Secrets Man (DCI John Blizzard, #4)
  • Strange Little Girl (DCI John Blizzard #2)
  • Shadow Crimes (DCI Sophie Allen #7)
  • Playing with Fire
  • RISKY MISSION an unstoppable crime thriller with a shocking twist (Frank Doy Book 1)
  • Sticks and Stones (DCI Harry McNeil #1)
  • Evil Crimes (DCI Sophie Allen #6)
  • To Honour the Dead (Detective Chief Inspector Jack Harris, #3)
  • Silent Crimes
  • A Breach of Trust (DCI John Blizzard, #5)
  • To Die Alone (Detective Chief Inspector Jack Harris, #3)
  • DEAD BEFORE YOU DIE (A DCI Harry McNeil Crime Thriller Book 3)
After reading English at 3 Universities and graduating from none of them, I set off travelling around the world with my wife, Ann, finally settling in South Africa, where we still live. After Ann dropped a rather large speaker on my head I came up with the idea for a detective series. DS Jason Smith was born. Smith, the first in the series was finished a few months later. 3 years and 8 DS Smith bo ...more

Detective Jason Smith (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Girl in the River: Smith's First Murder (Detective Jason Smith)
  • Smith: A Detective Jason Smith Thriller (Detective Jason Smith #1)
  • Boomerang: A Detective Jason Smith thriller (Detective Jason Smith #2)
  • Ladybird (Detective Jason Smith, #3)
  • Occams's Razor: Be careful who you trust (Detective Jason Smith #4)
  • Harlequin (Dectective Jason Smith #5)
  • Selene (Dectective Jason Smith #6)
  • Unworthy (Detective Jason Smith #8)
  • Venom (Detective Jason Smith #9)
  • Severed (Detective Jason Smith #10)

News & Interviews