Start by marking “Too Tempting (The Lewis Cousins, #1)” as Want to Read:
Too Tempting (The Lewis Cousins, #1)

Too Tempting

(The Lewis Cousins #1)

Gabriel "Gabe" Lewis retired from the NFL and returned home to Cherry Springs.He combined his passion for football with camping and is now the owner of a football camp for teens. His summers are dedicated to spending time with family and teaching his campers about the sport he loves.

Zoey Zahn is a quirky, introverted writer and self-proclaimed geek. When she's asked if she
Published January 2017

To ask other readers questions about Too Tempting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Tempting

Start your review of Too Tempting (The Lewis Cousins, #1)
Qhuinn
Jan 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
The hero of the story had sex with the heroine's sister, in the past, and the heroine's sister then gave birth to the hero's son without him knowing. The h was able to get over that fact pretty damn quickly, but I was not. One mc having a sexual relationship with the other mc's family member is a giant deal breaker for me. Then to top it all off, the author makes the heroine's sister the mother of the hero's child? So basically, the heroine is also going to be her own nephew's stepmother. Nope.
Kate
After finishing my mind was a mess, my initial thoughts were huh...what are the odds of that happening?

After it marinating and being up since four in the morning I realized it's not actually that farfetched. Although I still have an inner struggle going on with what was one of my other reactions which was come on, really?

Getting back to it not being that farfetched after all.

Spoiler-ish free review.

Gabe Lewis NFL all round good guy runs a camp for kids. He wants to settle down and have a
Heroesinbooks
1 NOT FOR ME STAR

This is just my opinion so please be aware this is a purely personal review. This was not my kind of book. SPOILER AHEAD The 'hero' , Gabe, came across as egotistical and I thought the way he acted toward Zoey when he visited her after their time apart was awful. They had sex and he thought all was forgiven but when he realized she wasn't sure he acted as if she should be jumping at the chance to be with him and made it seem like she was in the wrong. He had had sex with the
♡Tonya♡
Jan 30, 2017 marked it as not-happening
Thank heavens for Goodreads and honest reviews. ...I was about to start this. Hell NO!
Michelle
Too Tempting is the first book in the new adult contemporary romance series, called the Lewis Cousin's series, by Bethany Lopez. I liked this book, but it didn't rock my world or anything crazy like that. It was a quick contemporary romance read. To be honest the plot of this one just didn't click for me, and ultimately that was why I couldn't enjoy this story more. I would be interested to see Gabe's cousin's story,
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Rating: 4.5/5

Too Tempting was such a romantic read filled with twists and turns that will leave you wanting for more.

From the sexy cover to the synopsis, I was intrigued with the overall plot from the very beginning, and needless to say the story did not disappoint at all. We get to meet two characters whose worlds might look seem different, but they have a lot more common than they originally thought. Right from the start we get to meet
Tania's Book Blog
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This started out as a beautiful love story of ex-geek and retired jock falling in love. Zoey being the cool aunt went to football camp with her nephew because his mom couldn't attend. Gabe is the retired football god that runs the camp. It was insta love between him and Zoey.

Gabe and his cousins have turned going to the camp into a summer tradition. Their bond was enviable and family is everything to the Lewis cousins. They always have each
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is a new to me author and I was happy to pick up this title with it's sports tie in. This is the story of a retired NFL player and his close family of cousins. Gabe has never wanted an HEA but a mix up in weeks of his summer camp, brought Zoey to him and he can not stay away!

This book brings so much humor and good natured ribbing between the cousins. I found myself laughing out loud at their antics. I also fell completely in love with Zoey and all her quirks. Gabe and Zoey together seemed
Maddy's Reading
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Bethany Lopez has created a beautiful world with her new series about the Lewis family. Gabe Lewis is a retired football player who opens up a camp to train young kids and where he meets zoey. Zoey is a nerd, success author who as accompanied her nephew Chistoper to the camp.
The first time they meet and the road to falling in love is sweet, funny and really really cute.
Gabe yurns out to be the perfect boyfriend material who is considerate, patient, loving and sexy. Zoey is really happy and
Char Sowers
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This sexy Insta-Attraction romance jump starts with an electric jolt and keeps you holding on tight with its twisty turns. Bethany Lopez's new series, The Lewis Cousins, kicks off with the spirited and fast paced first installment, "Too Tempting". The hero, Gabe, is a sexy, charismatic, down to earth family man. Gabe's a retired professional NFL player who runs a summer youth sleep away football camp. The heroine, Zoey, is quirky introvert who stumbles upon Gabe and his cousins the week before ...more
Gabrielle
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Too Tempting is a cute sports romance. Gabe Lewis retired from the NFL and opened a camp for teenagers. He and his cousins go to the camp a week early so they can spend time together.
Zoey is a quirky, lonely, writer. She stumbled into the camp early, not realizing she was a week early, and ended up taking up residence in one of the cabin's on the property instead of going to a hotel.
A spark is instantly there between Gabe and Zoey, and both of them keep their identities a secret until they got
Lucia
Twist on a sports romance by mixing it up with a kids camp set up between a former NFL star & a paranormal writer

Too Tempting is my first read by Bethany Lopez but definitely won’t be my last. Bethany Lopez puts a unique twist this sports romance to make it a brilliant opposites attract read by mixing it up with a kids camp set up between a former NFL star and a paranormal writer. The book is fairly light-hearted, fast paced, with some sexy scenes, before a wicked curveball you don’t see
Happily Mary After
Bethany Lopez kicks off a new series (Lewis Cousins) with Too Tempting , and it is a complex romance that is entertaining, sexy and packs an emotional punch.

Gabe Lewis is a famous, retired NFL player who now runs a youth football summer camp. Author Zoey Zhan arrives at Gabe’s camp to chaperone her nephew, but she mistakenly arrives a week early, and there’s no nephew or any campers there. Gabe is attracted to Zoey, and when he discovers that she needs someplace quiet to work on her next
Danielle from Short and Sassy
3 stars
3 stars

Too Tempting is not like any other story I have read. And I mean that is a good/bad way. I was really enjoying the story, up until the last 20-30 percent.

The story started off with Gabe Lewis, a retired NFL star running his summer camp for kids. He is a good guy who is giving back. The Zoe shows up. Her nephew is attending camp and need a chaperon and his mom couldn't do it. The problem is, Zoe shows up a week early to the camp. Gabe offers her to stay anyways with him and his
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Bethany Lopez is pretty new for me in the romance world and she definitely caught my eye with her sweet, yet slightly angsty small town romance. Too Tempting is book one in a brand new series sure to leave readers smiling while setting their hearts on fire.

Too Tempting is a sexy, sweet, laidback, and slightly angsty romance that hooked me from cover to cover. This book was crazy good... and today unpredictable in the best yet most complicated kind of ways. Bethany nailed it with this
Heather andrews
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a new series, I loved the characters that were introduced, and am eager for their stories to be told. Gabe was a great man he was sweet, kind, demanding in the bedroom, and he was always looking out for his woman taking care of her, “you need to eat,” Gabe argued. “So I’m going to feed you. C’mon, we’ll be back in less than an hour.” I really loved this book.
The Book Lover
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a funny and sweet story about a retired NFL football player and a geek! It was my first book by this author, but it won't be my last! I hope that I can see an upcoming book from the secondary characters because their stories where captivating as well!
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
Too Tempting is my first experience with Bethany Lopez's writing and I can honestly say it won't be my last. First, I have to say I love this cover. It's what first caught my attention and had me interested in the book. I can just imagine how pretty it would look sitting on my bookshelf.

Gabe and Zoey's story is a fun one perfect for summer. They both have me wanting to go sign up for an adult summer camp somewhere. I've heard those are becoming a thing and I think it would be a blast. Especially
Laurie Treacy
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy books by author Bethany Lopez. She creates fast-paced contemporary romances filled with humorous moments, spicy moments, characters to root for and believable situations. Her latest, Too Tempting, is the first of a new series, Lewis Cousins, and I loved it!

Gabe is a retired football player and runs a summer camp for kids. Zoey is a successful author, an adorable geek, and loyal to her sister and nephew, Christopher. When she steps in to accompany Christopher to summer camp, she
Connie
Although this is a well written story, the shocking content is quite eye opening and a tad bit uncomfortable. Which is probably why I changed my rating, back and forth, several times. I'm sure this "event" happens in life more often than we think! It should be a clear warning to those who think one night stands don't come with consequences. And the two reckless partners in this equation are not the only ones impacted! That being said, it is an interesting story, that is worth reading, and I will ...more
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Two famous people trying to hold on to their anonymity — is it deception or caution?

Read full review in the 2017 December issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Kim  Brewing
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was cruising along loving this romance and then the "twist" happened. I didn't see that coming at all and it definitely left me with a bit of an "ick" . I did enjoy the story and could actually see something like that happening, I guess I just wasn't ready for it. I did LOVE the epilogue. I will definitely be reading more of this series.
Demetra
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book! I don’t really know how I feel about that revelation at the second half of the book but overall I enjoyed the story! I’m curious for the rest of the Lewis family and I’m looking forward to reading their stories.
Carrie
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zoey & Gabe = a GREAT read! They were fun & I absolutely love Gabe's family! I think I'm really going to enjoy this series! There were some surprises that I really enjoyed, as well! Two thumbs up!

: )
Darcy
I thought this one was pretty cute, until a secret came out towards the end and then it turned a bit creepy. I found myself having the same issues as Zoey, not sure if I could get past things. In the end I'm thinking I would have made the same choice she did.
Brooke
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
The perfect summer romance that leads to so much more with a twist you will not be expecting! I loved this book and am looking forward to the next.
Susanne M.
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super Man ...yum!

Actually any one of the Lewis clan are drewal worthy. Gabe, as Zoey compared him to Super Man, is more than HOT. He's compassionate, passionate, communicates well, lives kids and family. Nearly perfect. Zoey is beautiful, smart, spends a lot of time in her head, and also loves her family. Ms. Lopez really did well in developing these characters. Her overall quality of writing was good. No cheating or cliffhanger, and you get some steamy intimacy scenes and a happy ending.
Theresa Poore
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Read

Couldn't out it down. Read from start to finish. The Lewis family is the type of family we all want. Can't wait to read more books.
Donna Foster
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This should be call complicated

I don't want to give anything away! But___this started a guy meet girl story and they get really close, and than it all go sideways. I wish he was a lot more understanding of her feelings. I would like to read the next book in this series. Because I think it's going to be more bizarre.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Scored
  • Breathless In Love (The Maverick Billionaires, #1)
  • Her Indulgent Cowboy (Harland County, #7)
  • The Billionaire Bargain: Series Collection
  • Once Upon a Texas Christmas (Whiskey River Christmas, #4)
  • Hold Me Close (Last Frontier Lodge, #7)
  • Love Untamed (Diamond Creek, Alaska #4)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Bride (The McCall Brothers Book 4)
  • Loved by You (Riding Tall 2, #2)
  • When We Fall (Last Frontier Lodge, #6)
  • Returning for Love (Long Valley, #3)
  • The Soldier's Wedding (Special Forces, #1)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Irresistible Billionaires #1)
  • All He Wants For Christmas (Yours for Christmas Book, #1)
  • Just Roll With It (A Perfect Dish Book 4)
  • The Billionaire's Inconvenient Obsession (The Pryce Family, #2)
  • Then Came You (The Youngers, #1)
  • Hypnotic Seduction (Seduction, #1)
Sign up for my Newsletter for more information about my writing: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webfor...

Bethany Lopez is a USA Today Bestselling author of more than thirty books and has been published since 2011. She's a lover of all things romance, which she incorporates into the books she writes, no matter the genre.
When she isn't reading or writing, she loves spending time with family and

The Lewis Cousins (5 books)
  • Too Complicated (The Lewis Cousins, #2)
  • Too Distracting (The Lewis Cousins, #3)
  • Too Enchanting (The Lewis Cousins, #4)
  • Too Dangerous (The Lewis Cousins, #5)
“this stay or go?” Chloe asked, pointing” 1 likes