Start by marking “Sweet Rivalry (1001 Dark Nights)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Rivalry (1001 Dark Nights)

Sweet Rivalry (1001 Dark Nights)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  1,260 Ratings  ·  335 Reviews
Ryder Rodgers had a plan.

He was going to stride into the conference room, do the required song and dance over the next five days, and win the biggest contract of his career. But when he walked in and heard the voice of one of his competitors, all his plans were shot to hell.

Harper Denton. She was always on top. In college. First in their class. Always using every advanta
Published February 28th 2017 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Rivalry, please sign up.

K. Bromberg The publisher has it as an Amazon exclusive release for the first 90 days and then it will shift to all platforms starting May 30th. I do know some…moreThe publisher has it as an Amazon exclusive release for the first 90 days and then it will shift to all platforms starting May 30th. I do know some Nooks are capable of running the Kindle App though so some of my Nook and iBooks readers are doing that so they don't have to wait.(less)

Joy Novel Thoughts
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"This is Ryder. My rival. My supporter. My crush."

I NEED more of this sweet rivalry! This novel was fraught with sexual tension. The banter between Ryder and Harper was outstanding and I couldn't get enough!

"A princess may not need to be saved, but she sure as shit needs to take a ride on that unicorn she's found every once in a while."

This takes place over a few days and I'm hoping and praying that this is just the prequal for these two and that there will be more to come. I feel like we need
Karen Mc ~ Bookalicious Babes Blog

Sometimes the best things come in small packages. Sometimes there is a pesky itch that can only be only be scratched with a steamy quickie. Something fast but still fabulous. A super sexy session in the sheets that is short but oh-so-satisfying. Or a short story that you can quickly devour like a delicious and decadent dessert. Sweet Rivalry is that dessert with whipped cream, sprinkles, and, of course, a cherry.

K. Bromberg has held onto my book heart for three years, three years of steamy, sou
Courtney
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
RYDER!!!!!! I have been itching for this novella since Kristy mentioned it last year.

We met Ryder in Sweet Cheeks and it's been like waiting on pins and needles for this book. And Kristy definitely gives us what we want - Ryder hot and sexy!!

Sweet Rivalry is part of the 1,001 Dark Nights series. Each book in the series is from a different author and any of their two characters that doesn't really require any knowledge of them in their other books.

Kristy does a phenomenal job of explaining this r
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Beard Burn' Stars!
ARC provided by the author via Ink Slinger PR in exchange for an honest review.

Of course after reading Sweet Cheeks, who was not curious about Saylor’s hot brother? I was definitely excited when K. Bromberg announced she was writing a novella about Ryder and, obviously, she did not disappoint! I literally devoured this in one sitting!

Sweet Rivalry is a spin-off short story of Bromberg’s standalone Sweet Cheeks and it tells the story of Ryder Rodgers and his college “enemy”
K. Bromberg
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
She's feisty and determined.
He's tatted and tenacious.
One career-changing contract stands between them.
Their rivalry is unyielding.
Their attraction undeniable.
When the competition ends, who will come out on top?

Sneak Peak Excerpt on USA Today HEA Blog: my link text
MELISSA
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

photo 87505F06-9A06-4DEB-8D2D-C66E1BF60C49_zpsygknwaiq.jpg

Ryder Rodgers is hoping to win the biggest contract of his career. It's a multimillion dollar project that could make or break a career. A multitude of qualifying companies in the building industry will compete against one another for the winning bid. Ryder plans to own that conference room until he see's a blast from the past. Harper Denton was his biggest rival back in college. She was always first in their class & the only one who could beat him, and bruise his ego. Seeing her
Natalie The Biblioholic
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's virtually impossible for me to turn down an installment of 1001 Dark Nights. I gobble them up like candy. Then to find one by the incomparable K. Bromberg... it was a must-read no-brainer!!

Ryder and Harper have always been at odds. During graduate school, it was an intense competition to see who would come out on top. Both of them were stubborn, intelligent and opinionated. It all ends with a kiss that seemed to solidify their attraction but nothing else happens and they purportedly move on
Bex (Night Owl Reader)
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2017-february
★★ 4.5 stars! ★★

After reading K. Bromberg’s Sweet Cheeks, I was more than ready to hear more about Ryder, the brother of the heroine. When I heard there was a novella coming, I couldn’t wait to read it—and it was anything but disappointing. Ryder is a classic hero with chiseled features, a hot beard, and black-rimmed glasses. All of that is great, but what I totally loved was his heart of gold. That’s what made this novella a winner for me.

In college, Harper and Ryder were always in opposition.
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Short but mighty!! It’s amazing how satisfying this novella was. Sexy, with a good amount of sexual tension makes Sweet Rivalry a MUST read and a perfect book for in between. LOVED IT!!!

Sweet Rivalry was my second book in the 1001 Dark Nights series. For me, novellas are the perfect book for a quick read in between, for lunches and late nights, or the perfect book for on the go. It’s such a nice change to know I won’t need half a day to finish it.

SWEET, SEXY, HEART-WARMING, ROMANTIC, ADDITIVE, a
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
This novella is a short sexy little nugget of yum!   It combines two of my favorite tropes: Frienemies to lovers and second chance romance.

photo SweetRival - Copy.jpg

Here’s the breakdown: Harper was the shy awkward type in college.  She excelled in school and gave Ryder a run for his money in the academic department.  Ryder was always her secret crush, but little did she know – he felt the same about her.  Can a missed opportunity in college be corrected once these two connect many years later?

What I loved:  Both of the
Francoise
4 Stars

K. Bromberg has penned a lively and very sexy novella filled with playful repartee, a vivacious heroine and a dreamy, tatted hero! Sweet Rivalery is a spin-off of “Sweet Cheeks”, the hero, Ryder Rodgers being Saylor’s older brother.

Since their college days, the heroes of this story, Ryder and Harper, have been rivals and challengers. In theory, they do rivalry well but there is a fine line between love and hate. Harper Denton has always been a thorn in Ryder’s ego, she is resilient, drive
Lillian ᴥ Cloud 9 Books
***** 4 Stars *****

Harper Denton was always the best performer in class. Her classmates would be left in the dust. But one of her peers was her biggest supporter, and he always pushed her to go farther.

Unfortunately, things between them didn't go far romantically, and they went their separate ways after college.

Harper left for New York, and Ryder stayed in California.

Years later, the two meet again to win over a client, and Harper and Ryder are thrown into a competition that is more than just
Ramona
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I can say only one thing.. Ryder was H O T and his "Tell me what to do, Harper" was sooooooo .. inspiring.. to say the least:)))
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 27adea2273f1d29159ac76d902005c_zpscvzbwsyv.gif

A sweet bearded romance that was an absolute gem of a read!!!! K. Bromberg has turned up the heat as she will set hearts fluttering in her latest release, Sweet Rivalry. .Who wouldn’t love a story that has tons of heat, chemistry, passion, and sexual tension? And did I mention a smoking hot bearded hero to top it off?

#SweetRivalry

Ryder Rogers and Harper Denton have always been rivals since their graduate days of college. There was always the spark and
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review

I promised the full review on the release date so... Enjoy!

Power play photo EgLNhdO7l6Lcs_zpsg0rqvg5d.gif

In a few tags first : undeniable chemistry, healthy and spicy rivalry, strong capable woman and sexy as sin hero.

Now, some meat about the story (pun intended as it was hawt!).

This is a short novella written by K Bromberg in the 1001 Dark Nights series.

Harper and Ryder were rivals at college. Being utterly competitive and sharp as a knife Harper dominated Ryder, she was always on top … So
Ellen at Book Bellas
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Smart and sexy and delicious! I devoured this one. LOVE Ryder!!!!

This is my second 1001 Dark nights novella and I really like this concept. Many of my favorite authors have written a novella in this format and so far, I have enjoyed the stories. Although 'Sweet Rivalry' is a standalone, Ryder first appeared in 'Sweet Cheeks' as Saylor's brother. This novella is a steamy, sweet and fast-paced romance that you can devour in one sitting. This short story is perfect for fans of Kristy Bromberg's st
Beth
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
PUBLICATION DATE: February 28, 2017
CLIFF HANGER: No
4 Stars

*This story is for mature audiences only. Contains explicit scenes and language intended for adults 18+

SYNOPSIS:
Ryder Rodgers had a plan.

Gi's Spot Reviews
3.75 'Sweet Rivalry' Stars

Sweet Rivalry is a spin-off of Sweet Cheeks, featuring Ryder, brother of the female main character Saylor. Although there’s this connection this story was created as a standalone.

Sweet Rivalry is Ryder and Harpers’ short, fun and super sexy story. I love a good enemies to lovers tale, and this is what K. Bromberg gave in this book.

This is Ryder.
My rival.
My supporter.
My crush.

Harper and Ryder have a competitive past amongst themselves. All throughout their MBA and un
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s, 2017_arc
When you're a fan of K.Bromberg, you will read anything and everything she delivers so long as you'll get your fix on her....

That's the right description of me right now. I have been a fan of this author ever since and that to say, I've been looking forward to read Sweet Rivalry. This novella glued me the moment I started reading it, that and the fact that I've been so curious about the trending "beard burn". I'm mean, who's not right? We all know it's possible...we all know there's this thing
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
Link to full review below! Steamy enemies to lovers romance! See full review on The Book Disciple
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥

Plot: 4
Characters: 4
Scorching Level: 4
HEA: Not telling

Fast paced, sweet and sexy!!! LOVED Harper and Ryder!
Quick, enjoyable, riveting. I love K. Bromberg and this book was such a treat! Harper was such a joy! She was a spitfire, always getting what she wanted, always doing her best. When she meets with Ryder years after their last rivalry, they also have to fight their attraction. But can
Kindling Micky
SWEET RIVALRY was a novella in the office setting. I love office romances, they're a favourite sweet spot. This book hit lots of the sweet spots because it was a second chances, office romance. Win win.

Ryder and Harper are old university adversaries who had an illicit kiss and then don't see one another for thirteen years. Ryder returns to Harper's life looking almost unrecognisable in a boy-to-man way.

"And when in the hell did preppy-boy Ryder Rodgers transform into that mythical guy who hits
A_Ryan
4.5 "Enemy-to-Lover" Stars!!!

What's it about?
Two College rivals meet 13 years later trying to out-bid each other for a major business contract.

The best bits: This was exactly what I needed. This was exactly what I wanted in a rivalry romance... it was sexy, smart, funny and well paced. It starts off as a NA love story and then shoots forward to a time when each character has really come in to their own. I absolutely loved the prologue, which explained Harper and Ryder's history from College
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

SWEET RIVALRY is an adorable little enemies-to-lovers / 2nd-chance lovestory!

Two people who knew each other in college 13 years ago. Both kind of had a crush on the other, but they were also bitter enemies - both wanted to be the best in class.
But there was this one kiss on their last day, and both never really forgot about that, even though life took them to different sides of the country.
And now they're back together again - to bid on the same job! Same scenario again - just like 13 years ago.
Michele
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
K. Bromberg brings us another wonderful read with Sweet Rivalry. Harper and Ryder always seemed to be competing in college with Harper ending up on top. College is over and 13 years later they meet again, this time bidding against each other. Who will end up on top this time?

Harper is a strong woman who doesn't let anything get in her way of reaching her goals. Ryder is her nemesis once again but there is more to it than just winning the bid. Harper had a major Crush on Ryder in college and unbe
Shayna
I knew it! I just knew it! K. Bromberg never disappoints with her incredibly sexy romances, and SWEET RIVALRY....oh boy...smokin' HOT, fast paced, and deliciously SEXY! This second-chance, enemies-to-lovers romance was just what the doctor ordered. I needed this story so bad, and once I started, there was NO WAY IN HELL I was putting this baby down!

"Tell me what to do, Harper."

Harper Denton and Ryder Rodgers have a history. It was by no means sexual or romantic, but a history no less. Competit
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Squeeze!!! The best things do come in small packages. I am really loving all these short stories from the 1001 Dark Nights. I was so excited to see a story from K. Bromberg and once again she nailed it. I love this ridiculously cute, sexy, second-chance romance.

Ryder and Harper were classmates and fierce rivals in college. They are both smart, driven and always try to best each other in everything. On their last competitive debate Harper bests Ryder but she is pissed at Ryder for the way he “mo
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*

I have a confession to make... this was my first time reading a 1001 Dark Nights story. To be honest, I have seen them mentioned before but wasn't sure what they were and then I had the opportunity to read one written by Kristy Bromberg and thought who better to pop my Dark Nights cherry with?

So Sweet Rivalry. This may have been a short read but Kristy managed to pack a whole lot in, in fact it felt much longer than 120 pages.

Ryder and Harper were at the same college together and over
Beneath The Covers Blog
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kelly, arcs, 2017-reads
A sexy and enticing quick read that will make you wish for beard burn!

Sweet Rivalry is a deliciously seductive novella, full of sexually charged tension and provocative banter!

Ryder and Harper's shared history, along with their current situation, has always been a sparring match of words. Not just an epic battle of who can deliver the best taunting, but the need to possess power over the other. After an unexpected and mind-blowing kiss in college, that was left unresolved, Ryder and Harper are r
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 TELL ME CROWNS

K. Bromberg's Sweet Rivalry delivers a short, sweet, and sexy second chance romance that is sure to entertain readers with banter, sexual tension, and characters to adore.

Ryder is the perfect hero. Incredibly sexy, forthright, and ethical, Ryder is the complete package. His desire to be with her doesn't hinder his ability to work, it doesn't pervert his ethics, it doesn't alter his treatment of Harper, and I love him all the more for it.

Harper is
New York Times Bestselling author K. Bromberg writes contemporary novels that contain a mixture of sweet, emotional, a whole lot of sexy, and a little bit of real. She likes to write strong heroines, and damaged heroes who we love to hate and hate to love.

A mom of three, she plots her novels in between school runs and soccer practices, more often than not with her laptop in tow.

Since publishing he
More about K. Bromberg...