Start by marking “Drakon's Promise (Blood of the Drakon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Drakon's Promise (Blood of the Drakon, #1)

Drakon's Promise (Blood of the Drakon #1)

Darius Varkas is a drakon. He's neither human nor dragon.

He's both.

Published December 5th 2016 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Select Otherworld)

To ask other readers questions about Drakon's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drakon's Promise

Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySkanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads
DNF at 60%

Ya'll know I have no problem DNF-ing a book.

In fact, I just checked and and my DNF count is up to 75 (well, now 76 really). #DNFKilla
I actually used to be someone who HAD to finish every book I started, like I had this idea in my head there would be invisible repercussions if I failed to finish.

But then I realized that I really don't give a rat's ass.
And that my OCD wasn't nearly as pervasive as I thought.

Life is too short and there are too many other books out there to cry over s
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Drakon’s Promise is book one of the brand new series, Blood of the Drakon, by N.J. Walters.

Darius Varkas is a billionaire businessman. He’s handsome, smart and reclusive. Because Darius is not human. He is a Drakon. A Drakon is the son of a dragon father and a human mother. He can easily shift between his two forms and has been alive for four thousand years. Darius has three brothers scattered around the U.S. that he keeps in contact with. He loves his brothers as they do him and they go to gre
Claire Robinson
Dec 02, 2016 Claire Robinson rated it it was amazing
4.5 - "Watch... And don't be afraid." Stars!

Drakon Promise is the first book I have read by this author, it is also the first book in Blood of the Drakon series, and I have to say I was mightily impressed.

A drakon always protected what was his…

My love of the PNR genre has grown exponentially over the last year or two, I think that is largely to do with the fact that I have discovered a few authors along my reading travels that have written books in this genre that have turned out to be absolut
Erin
Nov 27, 2016 Erin rated it really liked it
Wow. What a start to what I'm sure will be an amazing new series! I'm hooked!

Two words: Drakons & Mates. Well technically the "&" makes it three words..

FYI, Drakons are the offspring of dragons and human females. Drakons are always male. While this story focuses on Darius and Sarah, there is a big family element (like many of N.J.'s books). Darius has three half brothers (who I'm assuming will have their own books) and have an ongoing interconnected story with this one. We meet two of t
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

Drakon’s Promise is book one in the Blood of the Drakon series by N.J. Walters. This brand new series brings together a unique set of characters, suspense, mystery, and romance.

It’s a great start with lots of interesting plot twists, turns, and action. We get a good amount of world building and explaining on who The Knights of the Dragon. I liked the setup and premise of the story. The plot was thrilling and full of mystery. We are kept on our toes.

Sarah captivated me from the start. I really
TriciaLen
Dec 12, 2016 TriciaLen rated it it was amazing

Dragons do exist! I was almost afraid to read N J Walters new shifter book, Drakon's Promise Drakon's Promise (Blood of the Drakon, #1) by N.J. Walters after reading so many awful books this past year from some of my favorite authors. I had no need to worry. Ms Walters has never failed to please me with her stories and Drakon is near perfection. My faith is restored.

Darius Varkus is everything you have every dreamed of in a hero. Well, everything I ever dreamed of. He is handsome, smart, and very seclusive in all aspects of his life. And he's a billi
Elaine
This is an interesting start to the new series, Blood of the Drakon, where the drakons are being hunted by their ancient enemies, the Knights. The Knights wish to use the drakons’ blood because it has the power to prolong their own lives and to heal both injuries and illnesses. The problem with that is they need fresh blood and wish to keep drakons captive to obtain a ready supply.

Reclusive billionaire, Darius Varkas is a drakon - his mother was human but his father a dragon which means that he
Maria11
Nov 26, 2016 Maria11 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well that just sucked me in and didn't let go!

Great start to the new series. Lots of interesting plot twists and action. It had me on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading it. I truly didn't know how it would end.

Darius is HOT and not a jerk! You don't have to hate him and then learn to like him. You like him from the start and learn to love him. He doesn't go all alpha male and make all the decisions. He is powerful in his own right and very interesting.

Sarah is a great female lead.
Dianne
He’s wealthy, he’s dominant and he’s very, very sexy. Clearly Darius is a force to be reckoned with, and his secrets are kept well hidden. How can you tell people you are thousands of years old and that you truly are larger than life, more than a mere human, but part dragon, too? Darius is a drakon and a very alpha one, at that. His blood has healing properties that make him a target of the Knights of the Dragon, an honorable sounding name with dark and sinister underpinnings.
Sarah is a librari
Laurie
Dec 07, 2016 Laurie rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, arc
This book has me torn. N.J. Walters is one of my go-to authors so I expect a lot from her. The storyline was great, the characters compelling and interesting, and the antagonists fascinating. But I found myself getting frustrated and which led me to constantly setting the books aside. It took me three days to read this book. Three days, when I can usually knock a book out in one, two if it’s a long one.

I liked Darius. Mr. Tall, dark and mysterious was alpha to his core and extremely impressive i
Mara
Jan 21, 2017 Mara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
These are the moments when I wish I had a bigger option in rating as to separate negative ratings from the nilch/zero/not good but not awfully bad ones. :/

This book stands strongly in this latter category: it's not overly bad, it simply lacks anything good. It's a null, a zero. Nothing new in itself isn't that bad, but if you add the not much happening and above all the terribly flat writing you get the 1 star.
A corpse's heart at the morgue has more vitality and shows more peaks than the writing
Give Me Books
Dec 01, 2016 Give Me Books rated it liked it
I was excited to read Drakon's Promise as I love all types of paranormal romance (PNR) having to do with Drakons and Dragons in general. I love the whole mythology surrounding them and the idea that for every Dragon/Drakon (offspring of a dragon/human mating) there is one mate for everyone. It's such a romantic concept that is common among the Dragon PNR genre.

In this novel I found the hero, Darius to be charming. He was alpha to the core but immediately had a weak spot for Sarah at first glance
Izy
Dec 20, 2016 Izy rated it really liked it
Alert: Review containing GIFS.
Who doesn’t love some dragon shifters! I’m always in search of books with dragon shifters so when I saw this, I knew I had to read it and since I have read some pnr books by N.J. walters previously I knew it would be good and it was.

I really liked the twist on the dragon lore, the crazy and creepy book and how drakon shifters came to be.

Sarah Anderson is a librarian who deals with antique books. Her gift of psychometry helps her date the books and find out if th
ValerieC
3.75 Stars

I admit I skimmed through most of the sex scenes because... bored. Otherwise, there was quite a bit of action and the world-building was pretty imaginative.
Krissys
Dec 05, 2016 Krissys rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Drakon's Promise (Blood of the Drakon #1) by N.J. Walters

Darius Varkas is a drakon. He's neither human nor dragon.He's both.He's also the target of an ancient order who want to capture all drakons for their blood. When fresh, a drakon's blood can cure any illness and prolong a human's life, and the Knights will stop at nothing to get it.When librarian Sarah Anderson stumbles across a rare book belonging to the Knights of the Dragon, she's quickly thrust into a dangerous world of secrets and
Heather andrews
Nov 10, 2016 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Darius sometimes forgets himself, “ah, you might want to get something for yourself, too.” ****. He’d gotten so caught up in taking care of Sarah, he’d forgotten he was bare-*** naked." It's quite obvious that Darius and his brother are the meat and potato sort, “what about a salad?” Both men looked at Sarah like she was speaking a foreign language. She rubbed her hand over her forehead. “Let me guess. That’s girl food.” Both of them nodded in tandem." I enjoyed this book, great start to a new s ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

Wow! It's been a bit since I have read something fresh about Dragons. This is a new to me author, but I was completely blown away! I scooped up the next two books as well and read them back to back.

Darius is a Drakon--half human, half Dragon--and he and his brothers have been in hiding most of their 4000 years of life. The Dragon Knights organization has been trying to capture and control their kind almost as long. Things are changing in the bad guy world and the Knights are making mov
Jamila
Apr 03, 2017 Jamila rated it it was ok
yes and no
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
2.5 - 3 / 5 Fangs

Drakon's Promise was definitely a sexy book! If you are looking for a book with a lot of steam mixed with paranormal aspects, then is a book you might want to check out! However, if you are looking for a book with in-depth world building and a slow burning romance, then this probably isn't a book for you. I was hoping for more of the latter, so I was a little disappointed with this book.

I thought the concept of this world was so interesting and unique. I really liked what the
Christina
Dec 05, 2016 Christina rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars - 3 Flames

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Dragons? Well, I do. I especially like it when it's a demi-dragon or half breed. This is the case with this story and I loved the name of the breed, Drakon (Dragon/Human), it totally works. The world that has been created is easy to understand so that we're able to concentrate on the story, which was a good thing because it allowed me to focus on the two characters more.

Darius is our Drakon. Yep, half dragon and half human. He's also rid
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
*Fans Self*

Oh my god I just finished Drakon's Promise by N.J. Walter and I loved it! The suspense, action, and romance will knock your socks off! I really enjoy shifter romance novels, and I have to say this one is my new favorite. My heart was racing, I was biting my nails scared of what was to come!

Drakons kind have dwindled. Being hunted one by one for their blood. A war is brewing, one that could end the magnificent race.

And Sarah is caught right in the middle.

She is offered a job that see
Katrina Berry
Nov 08, 2016 Katrina Berry rated it it was amazing
Drakon’s Promise is that one book that pulls you in from the very first word and takes you on one of the most fantastic and magical journeys of your reading life. Without giving away any spoilers, I will say this...you must get this book as soon as you can and get to reading. The alpha males and their sassy, headstrong female counterparts rock their way into our hearts and straight on through the author’s action-packed storyline. This book is a winning combination of story, characters, and world ...more
Rinou
Dec 17, 2016 Rinou rated it liked it
Bon début de série, on apprend l’existence des drakons et de leurs ennemis sans trop de longueurs. Darius et Sarah sont des personnages intéressants, réalistes, et attachants, et j’ai aimé qu’ils se posent des questions sur la forte attraction qui est presque immédiate entre eux. Une histoire un peu rapide mais chargée en évènements comme toujours chez l’auteur.

Avis complet https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
RachelW (BamaGal)
Dec 01, 2016 RachelW (BamaGal) rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This started well, decent wordbuilding, and a likable heroine. The dragon/drakon mythology was entertaining at first. I was fairly interested through the first third of the book, even though the story was derivative of several other PNR series. The insta-lust, fated mate and MINE finally started to drag the read down for me; and it didn't help that not much happened in the storyline.

There was absolutely nothing new here, it was all well-trodden ground; and it just never quite pulled me in.
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
3.5 ~ Bring On the Drakons ~ Stars!

The set up to this new paranormal series was awesome. Although both Darius and Sarah were a little too serious and straight forward at times (and there is nothing wrong with that) I just felt that at times a good humorous moment would have gone a long way to lighten the mood, especially since this was a race against time and their lives were in danger like all the time!

There was no time to relax, to enjoy their new feelings towards each other and I think that
Varied Books
Mar 27, 2017 Varied Books marked it as on-kindle-to-read
Shelves: 99-sale
3/27/17 .99.
All Things Urban Fantasy
Feb 26, 2017 All Things Urban Fantasy rated it really liked it
Review Courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

I love seeing different authors' takes on fantasy creatures and DRAKON'S PROMISE shows us a world where half dragon half human shifters exist. Just hearing the little tastes of Darius's past and how his powers work and why made me want to read more books about this world before we got to the actual plot of this book. In DRAKON'S PROMISE we have a secret order of knights who want to kill all drakons. I feel like I've read about a secret dragon killing or
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
An introduction to a new series that will challenge you thought and views of possible otherworldly half-breed being present and what they could do. I love dragon and the such. I believe this was the first time that I heard drakon. I have lots of dragon shifters and various books and this was the first that I could recall with the term and the depth. I may have experienced some of the verbage but that doesn’t matter now. I am talking on this one.

I enjoyed getting to know Darius. He was what shou
Julia
Had potential but didn't hold my attention.
Once upon a time N.J. had the idea that she would like to quit her job at the bookstore, sell everything she owned, leave her hometown, and write romance novels in a place where no one knew her. And she did. Two years later, she went back to the bookstore and her hometown and settled in for another seven years.

One day she gave notice at her job on a Friday morning. On Sunday afternoon, she receive
More about N.J. Walters...

Blood of the Drakon (3 books)
  • Drakon's Prey (Blood of the Drakon, #2)
  • Drakon's Plunder (Blood of the Drakon, #3)