Start by marking “Haikyu!!, Vol. 14” as Want to Read:
Haikyu!!, Vol. 14

Haikyu!!, Vol. 14

(ハイキュー!! / Haikyū!! #14)

Shoyo Hinata is out to prove that in volleyball you don't need to be tall to fly!
Ever since he saw the legendary player known as "the Little Giant" compete at the national volleyball finals, Shoyo Hinata has been aiming to be the best volleyball player ever! He decides to join the team at the high school the Little Giant went to—and then surpass him. Who says you need to b
Published August 1st 2017 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Haikyu!!, Vol. 14, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haikyu!!, Vol. 14

eli
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i LOVE ennoshita getting more screen time
Danielle
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017, own
FINALLY, Ennoshita gets the recognition he deserves!!! As such an underrated character, it was great to see so much of him in this volume as he stepped in for Daichi.

It feels like I'm running out of things to say for these reviews of Haikyuu!! Because I enjoy them and give each one 5 stars every time without thinking because I adore it all so much.

Loved that added chapter at the end with the artists collaboration with the beach volleyball team. Tanaka and Nishinoya are hilarious, I don't know
salma
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love ennoshita. I LOVE THAT BOY he's gonna be such a good captain
Jack Reynolds
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The bonus content this volume was on point. The Haikyuu and Nisekoi one shot had me in stitches, though I also really liked the v-ball card one. Koushi's "Be back in time for dinner" and Bokuto yelling about not being on a card for "reasons" (the cards have official art from the anime on them, and Season 2 hadn't been aired yet by the time of this one shot's release) will always be iconic.

That didn't mean I didn't enjoy the rest of the Wakutani Minami game, which was still just as frustrating an
Julie
Lol this book made me so emotional. Then the stupid bonus stories at the end were so dumb and I can't wait for more stupid bonus stories. It's kind of amazing how the author can make you feel things for the other teams. Like Karasuno has my whole heart, but sometimes I find myself rooting for the other teams just because everyone has their reasons. Love this series so much.
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it

Oh! Noes! Team captain Daichi Sawamura is injured in a collision with Tanaka and has to leave the game! Gah! Coach Ukai puts 2nd year wing spiker, Chikara Ennoshita in the game to replace him. Can Ennoshita overcome his nerves – and his low self-confidence – and help carry the team to victory over Wakunan? IDK, but it’s going to be another nail-biter!

Obviously, the whole momentum of the game switches from Karasuno to Wakunan after a pillar of the team is replaced with a guy who is not
Nicole
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The mangaka does a really good job of making all the teams likable and different. Everyone's loss hurts no matter the team.
Georgia
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads, e-book
This volume was brilliant. Ennoshita stepping up! I love how we saw some backstory behind why he was chosen as the stand in captain unlike the anime where it felt a bit random? I like how we saw the reasoning and his backstory. He is amazing but he still doesn't feel like he is enough. He kept the team together when they needed it wow. Future captain right there.
Daichi is off to the infirmary eep, #RIPDAiCHI he lost a tooth! Captain Daichi Ryuu was to apologise for hurting him and Daichi beat t
Ben Truong
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Haikyu!!, Vol. 14 continues where the previous tankōbon left off and contains the next eight chapters (118–125) of the on-going manga series and two bonus stories: "Nisekyū" and "V-ball Cards!! The Road to Greatness!".

The tankōbon continues with the Spring High National Tournament: Miyagi Prefecture Representative Playoffs. It concludes the quarterfinals round that Karasuno have against Wakutani South. Daichi Sawamura was injured when Ryūnosuke Tanaka collided with him. Daichi Sawamura was hit r
Tuna
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I almost feel like Im starting to sound like a broken record here, but, volume 14 was yet another phenomenally epically awesome volume of the best boys sports manga out there. Who knew that taking out your captain from match could lead to some of the finest moments in sports manga? Certainly I didnt.

V14 focuses mainly on the results of Karasuno after their captain was removed from the game following a bloody collision with Tanaka Ryuunosuke. Ennoshita Chikara, a 2nd year WS is brought in and has
Ashley
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Piloswineseyes
Cate (The Professional Fangirl)
ENNOSHITAAAAA!

It's strange. I could hear the episodes play out in my head as I read on. In Japanese. In Toshiki Masuda's voice. OMG. I loved this chapter. I love everything Ennoshita.

Yamaguchi next!
naty
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love that Hinata has competition regarding who the Little Giant's succesor is, I think Nakashima is so cool, as well as all of Wakunan.

And on Karasuno's side, Ennoshita's really gonna be an amazing captain, his character means so much to what Haikyuu is actually about, I loved it really.
Rod Brown
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I have never participated in any athletics. If the experience is even a little like the events depicted in this book, I can almost see the appeal.

Bonus points for the bonus crossover chapter with Nisekoi: False Love, Vol. 1, another manga I like a lot.
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review to come.
Klaudia Kelemen
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, manga
3.5*/7*
Shawna (BacchusVines)
The Crows! Teamwork! EXCITEMENT
And that extra crossover was so cute!
Emily
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ennoshita doesn't get a lot of screen time, so it's nice that he finally gets his time to shine.
Dani (ダニ)
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I missed my boys ♥
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume.
Tyler Lien
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pages: 185
Theme: Never give up, no matter how high the odds are stacked against you.
Karen
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Best sports manga out there. Love these guys!
Henrietta
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, manga-shounen
ennoshita is finally getting the screen time he deserves :') i feel he's gonna be a really good captain when it's time for it.
☠tsukino☠
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ci sono tanti errori! >_<
machinaheart
Series Review:
Volleyball (some great explanations in here too!), team spirit, a cast of loveable quirky characters that only gets bigger and more amazing each volume, scenes that make me laugh, games that I'm invested in and have I mentioned the colourful cast that makes me squee, jump and fall in love again and again?
Oh, I haven't mentioned the artwork yet. From super-cute to extremely cool you can find everything here. The volleyball games have a great dynamic to them, and really, the dorky f
Marianna Rainolter
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Io adoro Haikyuu perché non parla solo di pallavolo o comunque, la pallavolo è parte importante se non fondamentale della vita dei suoi protagonisti e ne modifica il pensiero, i desideri; e questo vale per tutti i personaggi che compaiono, primari o secondari che siano. In questo volume il protagonista è senza dubbio Ennoshita: la sua storia e il suo ruolo all'interno della squadra mi hanno molto colpito e anche emozionato, lo devo confessare. L'unica pecca di questa fantastica serie (e del qual ...more
Megan
Chapter 118: 97% (ENNOSHITA!!!!!!!!!!!)
Chapter 119: 98% (ENNOSHITA!!!!!! YAMAGUCHI!!!!!!!!! MY CHILDREN!!!!)
Chapter 120: 96%
Chapter 121: 96%
Chapter 122: 97% (ENNOSHITA MY SON)
Chapter 123: 96%
Chapter 124: 98 (ENNOSHITA IS THE BEST I LOVE HIM!! AND THE OTHER TEAM IS PISSING ME OFF SO MUCH!!!)
Chapter 125: 97% (I want to give Yamaguchi and Ennoshita a hug)
Chapter 126: 96%
Chapter 126.5: 75%
Carlos
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cada vez es mejor..

• エスケープジャーニー 1 [Escape Journey 1]
  • 空と原 [Sora to Hara]
  • ブルースカイコンプレックス [Blue Sky Complex]
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 9 [Boku No Hero Academia 9] (My Hero Academia, #9)
  • 花は咲くか 1 [Hana wa Saku ka 1]
  • 秘めごとあそび 2 [Himegoto Asobi 2]
  • Even So, I Will Love You Tenderly
  • What Did You Eat Yesterday?, Volume 2
  • 黒子のバスケ 26 [Kuroko no Basuke 26] (Kuroko's Basketball, #26)
  • 銀の匙 Silver Spoon 5 [Gin no Saji Silver Spoon 5]
  • ふらいんぐうぃっち 2 (Flying Witch, #2)
  • カーニヴァル 7 [Kānivaru 7] (Karneval, #7)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 2 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 2] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #2)
Haruichi FURUDATE (古舘 春一 Furudate Haruichi) is a Japanese manga artist. He is best known for creating the shōnen manga series Haikyū!!.