Start by marking “D is for Dinosaur” as Want to Read:

(Alphabet Anthologies)

For the fourth installment of Rhonda Parrish’s Alphabet Anthologies, contributors were challenged to write about dinosaurs. The resulting twenty-six stories contain widely different interpretations of the dinosaur theme and span the spectrum from literal to metaphoric.

Within these stories -- set in alternative histories, far-flung futures and times just around
Published February 21st 2017 by Poise and Pen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about D is for Dinosaur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about D is for Dinosaur

Start your review of D is for Dinosaur
Bobbi Wagner
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
D is for Dinosaur is the fourth book in the Alphabet Anthologies series. This anthology was written by multiple authors that include Rhonda Parrish, L.S. Johnson, Laura Vanarendonk Baugh, Beth Cato, BD Wilson, Cory Cone, Simon Kewin, Samantha Kymmell-Harvey, C.S. MacCath, KV Taylor, Michael M. Jones, Brittany Warman, Gary B Phillips, Suzanne J Willis, Megan Engelhardt, Michael Fosburg, Jeanne Kramer-Smyth, Pete Adin, Alexandra Seidel, Michael B. Tager, Amanda C. Davis, Lynn Hardaker, Sara Cleto, ...more
Shannon
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
D is for Dinosaur is an anthology of 26 interesting, intriguing and far out concepts. Each story is a little stranger, more fanatical than the last. This anthology is book 4 of a series of anthologies.

A is a story by Michael M Jones. It is a fun and interesting story about Tanith and her inner “beast”. Tanith must learn how to control this beast in order to be happen in life. A is for Angry

B is the second story in this anthology and is by Simon Kewin. This story is about Bronte who
Gemma Nelson
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
D is for dinosaur anthology is a collection of stories compiled by Rhonda Parrish. It is book 4 in her alphabet anthology series. Each of the stories focuses around a different character that is either a Dinosaur or holds a Dinosaurs soul inside them.

A by Michael M.Jones focuses on Tanith a sixteen year old girl, that's angry and she knows it. Can Tanith keep her cool and find someone with a secret just like her?

B by Simon Kewin introduces us to Brontë a small ethereal ve
Barbara.Tomporowskiyahoo.Com
A Fun and Enjoyable Read with Something for Everyone

When I received an advance reading copy of “D is for Dinosaur”, I wasn’t sure what to expect. The journey of discovery in Conan Doyle’s “The Lost World”? The sense of wonder and delight which permeates “The Land Before Time”? Or the terror and majesty of “Jurassic Park”, where science and human folly unleash prehistoric creatures we cannot contain?

“D is for Dinosaur” evokes each of these, and more. This installment of “T
Beth Cato
Sep 25, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Not a review. Includes my story "P is for Pet."
Mirela
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
D is for Dinosaur is a mixture of science fiction, romance, suspense and action. This 26 book anthology is a great quick read. With no suggestion order I read the stories in order from A to Z and enjoyed the short story worlds that each author was able to create and relate to dinosaurs in one way or another. Some stories took a second read through to find the connection but most of them are pretty easy to grasp. I did love that the ending of each chapter it would have the letter name and one wor ...more
Laura Furuta
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
D is for Dinosaur (Alphabet Anthologies Book 4)
By: Rhonda Parrish (Author), L.S. Johnson (Author), Laura VanArendonk Baugh (Author), Beth Cato (Author), BD Wilson (Author), Cory Cone (Author), Simon Kewin (Author), Samantha Kymmell-Harvey (Author), C.S. MacCath (Author), KV Taylor (Author)
5 out of 5 stars

The anthology D is for Dinosaur will have you amazed and reading far into the night connecting to your inner dino. They range from the searching for elusive myths that ar
Erin
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I give D is for Dinosaur (book 4 in the Alphabet Anthology series) 4 stars.

This book is exactly what you think it would be. An anthology about Dinosaurs. And yet it’s not. There are all kinds of stories in here, not just our typical story of the dinosaurs we have come to know.

A by Michael M. Jones
A sixteen-year-old teenager is always angry. Like really angry. Seeing red angry. She hates everyone and everything. Her only two solaces are running and in her dream world
Katie
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
D is for Dinosaur – An Anthology.

4 star review

D is for Dinosaur is a collection of 26 short stories about Dinosaurs – but not in the traditional sense! I was unsure of what to expect when I first looked at the synopsis for this book. Whilst I like Dinosaurs this was little out of my comfort zone but I thought I would give it a go! I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised! Whilst I didn’t like every story in the anthology I found them all to be interesting and really wel
Dawn Daughenbaugh
5 Star

D is for Dinasour  (Alphabet  Anthologies  Book 4)By Rhonda Parrish

D is for Dinasour  Anthology By Rhonda Parrish  is the fourth book in this series.This book is a collection of 26 short stories.Each story is written by a different author.

With no reading order suggested I read in order from A to Z.I truly enjoyed each story ,each one of the authors were able to relate and created stories including dinasours.

A.Michael M.Jones

Tani
Carissa Anelli
4 Stars
D if for Dinosaur
Edited By Rhonda Parrish

D is for Dinosaur is a collection of 26 stories about you guessed it Dinosaurs. Although they aren't always the big green scaled beasts straight from history books and the big screens.

A by Michael M Jones is about Tanith and her inner dinosaur named Dinah who represents her inner rage and how she learns to deal with it.

B by Simon Kewin is about Bronte or Brontesaurus as her father called her and her inner T rex
Robin Rankin
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
D is for Dinosaur is a made of twenty-six different short but varied length stories by different authors and each story represents a letter of the alphabet. There is a note in the beginning saying if you want read them out of order you can, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do that. There were some I was disappointed when they ended and a few others that I felt could have ended sooner but overall, I enjoyed this anthology.

The first is A is for Angry by Michael M. Jones. Tanith Murray is an an
Kandis
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
D is for Dinosaur
Michael M. Jones, Simon Kewin, Brittany Warman, C.S. MacCath, Gary B. Phillips, L.S. Johnson, Suzanne J. Willis, Megan Engelhardt, Michael Fosburg, Jeanne Kramer-Smyth, Pete Aldin, Alexandra Seidel, Michael B. Tager, KV Taylor, Amanda C. Davis, Beth Cato, Lynn Hardaker, Sara Cleto, Jonathan C. Parrish, Samantha Kymmell-Harvey Michael Kellar Cory Cone Hal J. Friesen, BD Wilson, Andrew Bourelle & Laura VanArendonk Baugh
Edited by Rhonda Parrish
** 4 Stars**
Jenni Bishop
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
D is for Dinosaur is the fourth book in the Alphabet Anthologies series and written by multiple authors
A by Michael M Jones.
Tanith is an angry 16 year old. She is angry at the world around her, but she must learn how to control
the beast that lives inside her in. She dreams of monsters but are they real?
B by Simon Kewin.
Bronte is constantly bullied but she has had enough and decides revenge is the way to go. In her
dreams she is a raptor but she would rather be
Sunday
D is for Dinosaur (Alphabet Anthologies Book 4) by Rhonda Parrish
Four Stars

D is for Dinosaur is an anthology where 26 authors were challenged to write about dinosaurs. Each author has a different letter of the alphabet and there are 26 great and very different interpretations in each of these short stories.

A is for Angry by Michael M Jones
Tanith Murray is always angry, so angry she becomes anti-social. At night she dreams of becoming a dinosaur. Then while running she me
Erica Fish
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
D is for Dinosaur (Alphabet Anthologies) (Volume 4) by Rhonda Parrish

D is for Dinosaur (Alphabet Anthologies) (Volume 4) by Rhonda Parrish. The 26 stories in the book are all based on stories about Dinosaurs. Rhonda Parrish has done an amazing job petting the stories together. In the author’s note page, Rhonda Parrish gave advice and read the stories however you want.

Angry by Michael M. Jones: Tanith Murry is a tough young lady who has no friends. She runs to burn off some anger iss
Carrie
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
D is for Dinosaur is a collection of short stories By Rhonda Parrish and several other authors. This book was definitely a little out of my normal reading genre but I found it interesting. Each chapter is a new “book” that is a little different from the previous one. The books are about anything from myths passed through generations to outer space. The characters in each storyline were very well developed and the storylines themselves were pretty entertaining.

A is for Angry by Michae
Krystal gaston
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
D is for Dinosaur is book 4 of the Alphabet Anthologies. This book has a warning in the beginning from the editor stating: “arranging the stories in D is for Dinosaur alphabetically resulted in stories with similar themes, tones or voices appearing side-by-side more than once.” There is no actual reading order for this specific book.
A — written by Michael M. Jones. Tanith Murray is always ANGRY. Seems like no matter what is going on something ends up making her mad. Dinah, is the creature
Renee
D is for Dinosaur edited by Rhonda Parrish
Stars: 4
D is for Dinosaur is the fourth installment of Rhonda Parrish’s alphabet anthologies. Each author was given a letter of the alphabet to focus on. The authors were challenged to write a story with a dinosaur theme. I was really interested on which direction each author was going to take this challenge. Though I wish some of the stories were longer, I felt that each author put their own spin on their story. The authors made this antholo
Anita Glover
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
D is for Dinosaur is the fourth anthology in a series; the first one being ‘A is for Apocalypse’. Each of the 26 stories (by 26 different authors) in the anthologies shares a common theme. The theme linking each story in this anthology is ‘dinosaurs’. The stories vary from mystical/spiritual/ realistic to science fiction.
A is for Angry. Sixteen year old Tanith Murray is angry. At night she dreams she is a dinosaur. As a dinosaur she roams free and can give vent to her anger. When she is unexpec
Liz
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
The one common ground for this anthology is that each is tied to Dinosaurs some way or another. What results is 26 short stories that try to find new ways to bring each letter to life. I enjoyed the ideal behind the book and was gripped by it, I just felt as if the book fell short for me. Several stories were almost alike to a T and or so jumbled it was hard to get what was suspected to be retrieved from the story.
A by Michael M. Jones;
Tanith Murray is a 16-year-old confused lonely and fr
Cindy
D is For Dinosaur
Alphabet Anthologies
☆☆☆☆
This is Rhonda Parrish’s fourth book. Her challenge was for contributors to write about dinosaurs.

Michael M Jones, Tani the was a very angry young lady. She ran to burn off her anger. She had no friends til she met Daisy. See how this friendship takes form.
Simon Kewin, Bronte was a bullied girl High School. She is set out for revenge. Read to see what she discovers.
Brittany Warman,. A bird tells what it is like to grow up. A
Aobhro

D is for Dinosaur Rhonda Parrish

D is for Dinosaur is the fourth anthology in the alphabet series and the theme of this one is dinosaurs! This is a four star read.The authors were challenged to write a short story about dinosaurs and the differences in interpretation is vast. In the preface the author suggests not reading the stories in order- i read the first few in order and then started reading more randomly and i think it was a great idea.

A by Michael M. Jones is a story about Ta
Sheri
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
D is for Dinosaur is an anthology edited by Rhonda Parrish and is the fourth in the Alphabet Anthologies. The anthology is a collection of 26 stories written by different authors. I found the stories interesting and very different since they all followed a dinosaur theme.
A is by Michael M Jones. It is about an angry, frustrated teen girl. She finds a friend while running. Do they have something in common?
B is by Simon Kewin and about Bronte. She is bullied and follows her bully home.
Sara Oxton
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
D is for Dinosaurs a Fossil of a four-star read. This is the book four in the Alphabet Anthologies. This is an anthology of 26 stories all about Dinosaurs, they show us that Dinosaurs aren’t all the same, and they come in many different sizes, shapes and not all are in the form we expect them to be. There are multiple authors in this anthology, and the stories are all in alphabetical order, but that doesn’t mean you have to read them in that order.
Michael M. Jones – A – Tanitha is a sixtee
Maura
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
D Is For Dinosaur: Book 4 of the Alphabet Anthologies Edited by Rhonda Parrish (Editor)
I love dinosaurs and dragons and while I understand one did exist and the other did not, I enjoy reading books about both. I was super excited to crack the binding on D Is For Dinosaur because it was short stories that I could read in between other books.
Rhonda Parrish suggests reading the book in whatever order the reader would enjoy. I started by reading the letters of my name M first then A then U… wel
Italia Franson-Walker
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
D is for Dinosaur Anthology by Rhonda Parrish receives 4 stars from me. D is for Dinosaurs is a collection of 26 short stories. Each of them have been written by different authors but all of them contain an interpretation of the theme: dinosaurs. The stories are also based on a letter from the alphabet A-Z. Definitely recommend if you love dinosaurs or anthologies.

A by Michael M. Jones is a story about Tanith and her inner dinosaur. Tanith learns to work with her dinosaur and overcome her anger
Rhonda Pulk
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I give this book four stars.
D is for Dinosaur is the fourth in a series of anthologies about characters and people associating with being or feeling like dinosaurs.
A by Michael M. Jones and B by Simon Kewin both deal with rebellious and bullied teenagers who find ways to twist their daily miseries and wind up understanding and making friends with their enemies.
C by Brittany Warman is a story of a bird’s life from beginning until it leaves the nest.
D by C.S. MacCath,, E by Gary
Amanda Williams
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
D is for Dinosaur is an anthology of 26 short stories. This anthology is chock-full of morales and important little life lessons that are fun for everyone to read. I really loved this anthology will be looking out for more books from these authors.

A by Michael M Jones - In this short story we read about Tanith and her struggle to accept the anger. I felt this was a fantastic way to start off the anthology.

B by Simon Kewin - In this short story we have Bronte who is trying to cope with bullying
Timothy Gwyn
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a themed collection of short stories touching on dinosaurs, and I liked nearly all of them. There are cloned dinosaurs, magically revived ones, ghost dinosaurs, and even imaginary ones, and the importance of the dinosaurs to the story varies. There is one tale for each letter of the alphabet, and in an interesting twist, the title of each story is not revealed until its end. Naturally enough, the entries are in alphabetical order, and the foreword from the anthologist explains that this ...more

• Unwilling (Unwilling #1)
  • Escape to Darkness (Tomoiya's Story #1)
  • Child of the Night Guild: A Grimdark Epic Fantasy Thief Adventure (Queen of Thieves Book 1)
Rhonda Parrish is driven by a desire to do All The Things. She founded and ran Niteblade Magazine, is an Assistant Editor at World Weaver Press and is the editor of several anthologies including, most recently, Earth: Giants, Golems and Gargoyles, and Grimm, Grit and Gasoline.

In addition, Rhonda is an award-winning writer whose short work has been in publications such as the Rhysling Anthology and Imaginari

Alphabet Anthologies (6 books)
  • A is for Apocalypse
  • B is for Broken
  • C is for Chimera
  • E is for Evil (Alphabet Anthologies Book 5)
  • F is for Fairy