Start by marking “Inflict” as Want to Read:
Inflict

Inflict

Published April 3rd 2017 (first published March 25th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Inflict, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Bethany-Kris No, they are not. I don't write that kind of thing.
The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle LoriIn the Beginning by London MillerWhere the Sun Hides by Bethany-KrisUnruly by Bethany-KrisRevere by Bethany-Kris
Mafia/Mob
102 books — 17 voters
Shameless by Lisa Renee JonesProvocative by Lisa Renee JonesRuckus by L.J. ShenPucked Off by Helena HuntingShacking Up by Helena Hunting
Romance Books 2017
572 books — 1,480 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Inflict
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
5 "I LOVED CONNOR" STARS!!

Oddly enough, I fell in love with Connor within the first few pages. He came across as such a sweet and precocious little boy and my heart ached for the tragedy that was his life because of his father. Now that's a man I'd gladly kill with my bare hands. Figuratively of course. I know he's not real although men like him DO exist.

Who would you become if you were raised at the hands of a monster? Would the sights you've seen, the things you've heard, or the abuse you
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
❤ 4.5 stars ❤

" He loved her, so he gave her whatever the feck her black heart desired. After all, it made his black heart keep beating ."

Another beautiful story from Bethany Kris.This author surprise me each time I read a new book from her.Inflict is a dark,sweet,emotional and super hot romance.

description

Evelyn and Connor are two broken characters.They had a difficult life.Fate bring them together after years but Evelyn isn't the same girl anymore..Evelyn is shy,sweet and innocent.Connor is fantastic, he
Selene

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Triggers: Yes. (view spoiler)

A brooding Irishman! A childhood love! The heart and soul of this story was centered around two people who never should've crossed paths with one another again. What they gained from each other was a great depth of peace and belonging neither experienced before.

Connor O'Neil was first introduced in Thin Lines. Oh, yes! And I couldn't wait to dive into his story! I
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
* 4.5 Godless Saint Nutella jars*

In a lifestyle where blood was as abundant as water and a few cuts here or there wasn't seen as something unusual, the mafia wasn't just notorious for killing but for their sinister men that hid behind closed door until the monster inside them decided to show face.

Connor O’Neil at the innocent age of 5 found out what he truly was born into with his shoddy character of a father and certain monsters haunting him this wee lad grew up everything he wasn't raise
Melanie (mells_view)
Dark. Gritty. Emotional.

This one is pretty gritty. This author doesn’t usually pull punches, but this one was a little grittier in my opinion because things that were focused on more than they usually are with her books.

Still a good read.
Bev
Not gonna lie - this one blew my mind and at times gave me the heebie jeebies but I couldn't put it down. I'm a total book wuss and dark reads and me don't really get along, add in a honking huge trigger or two (view spoiler) and I want to take off running for the hills whilst screaming like a banshee. And the verdict? I bloody LOVED it.

Soooo, why 5 stars? Because this is BK at her best. I absolutely adore everything this woman writes, and Inflict i
Coco.V
Feb 23, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/23/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
As the son of an Irish mobster, Connor O’Neil spent his boyhood hiding from the horrors of his own home. His one reprieve was a girl he knew only as Evelyn, but even she was taken away. As a man, Connor is determined to stay away from his father’s business. With Sean, participation is not a request, but a demand. The truth is, Connor might be more like the evil he’s trying to hide away from than he would like to admit.

And he’s already spent years trying
Forever_meme
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS ☆☆☆☆☆

**Arc provide by author in exchange for an honest review**

Bethany-Kris you have done it again. You have delivered another amazing book to us!

This is Connor and Evelyn's story and their story starts from a very young age. They met at the age of 6 for the very first time and Connor was mesmerized by Evelyn's emerald eyes the moment he looked into them. Their time together is short but a solid bond was forged.

Twenty years later Connor O'Neil lives his days to avoid his father Sean who
S.M. West
Bethany, you're just too good to me! Another fantastic mafia romance. You know how to mess with my heart and this one really did. I love dark reads and this was darker than your other novels.

So, I don't know why I didn't make the connection, Connor O’Neil was a character in Thin Lines. I was totally intrigued by the O'Neil organization in that story. Once my brain made the connection, I was even more thrilled to get that Connor's story and get a glimpse into the Irish Mob. And Connor and Ev
Ari Reavis
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I went in with extremely high hopes after seeing a glimpse of Connor (yrs older) in Thin Lines/ Thin Lives. I wanted to read his back story so bad. And I was not disappointed.
 photo 19807572_zpsnen0naat.gif

His childhood was the stuff of nightmares. I wanted to strangle and mutilate his father, Sean, from about 5 pages in. Ughh, that man was a freaking MONSTER. Connor's one friend was Evelyn, who disappears into thin air.
Jump forward into adulthood and Connor is just trying to stay off his father's radar. His father's mai
Maria11
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sad heartbreaking story that ends up turning into a love story.

Very complicated and soul scared players who find their way with lots of drama on the way.

Good read.
Suzanne (Lily)
4.5 Stars
Inflict takes place in a small town inhabited by the Irish Mob. The story begins in the household of Sean O’Neil. He is a man who lords over others using threats and violence. He lives alone with his young son Connor and a succession of maids. Sean’s line of business is not obvious at first but it is evidently far from legal. There are no flashbacks in this story with little being left to the imagination.

The narration of the story is through Connor O’Neil as he shares his horrific child
Paganalexandria
02/20/18 currently free

Connor and Evelyn meet as children, and form a sweet friendship. Though both are raised in Irish mob families, their experiences couldn't be more different. Evelyn's father is the boss, but is loving, and sweet to his family. In contrast Conner knows his father as Sean, an exacting menace without a soul. They all live in the same neighborhood until a strange night that changes the destiny of everyone involved.

The Good:
1. An Irish Mo
Michelle [Helen Geek]
March 2019 -- 5 Stars

Seriously good!
Marcella
Much different from BK's norm but no less enjoyable.

Completely loved how it was told in Connor's POV the whole time.

....Now I really want a story on Killian ;)
Mariu
Nov 22, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diane Yoz
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mafia & Dark. Kept me on my toes and worried about what would happen next. I really enjoyed it! ...more
BleuBelle
Spoilers:

I don't know how I feel about this book. Some things I really liked, some things not so much.

The first few chapters were dark, disturbing and quite a bit boring. I don't mind dark reads, but reading this in the POV of a five/six year old boy was a bit too much for me. I kept going because I wanted to know how all would transpire and I didn't want to have another DNF book in my collection.

Then the story seeds up and finally the Hero and Heroine meet again. There isn't much action happeni
 B.E.Love
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars Not bad but this is a darker romance. I had some problems with a few things in the beginning of this book ****spoiler****animal cruelty and human trafficking **** end spoilers**** but i did like the story in this book. I accidentally started reading this thinking it was another author and the beginning hooked me the character building had me not wanting to put this down.
Hot Reading Mom
A very dark romance. It took a bit for me to get into this one; but it was good.
Carmen Baldwin
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great! Great!

I love dark stories and this one is also painful, this great story starts with the anti - hero Connor as a little boy and mystery little sweet girl named Evelyn and they were friends. Both there fathers was in the Irish Mafia, Connor father was very evil and abuse him and Evelyn father was a good man but one day something bad happen to Evelyn and she disappear. Connor is left wanting to find his only friend for years, his father is now mafia boss and is still evil, he has secrets th
Ellie
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5+++ stars.

This book could be easily described as THE BEST book, that Bethany Kris has ever written.

I have to admit I am a huge fan of Bethany Kris' books, I have read and liked all of them, BUT i have to say that i love this one. Why? Because it was completely different from what I was expecting.

It is a sweet, intense heart wrecking book. Indeed it can be considered as dark and certainly emotional, some people might find certain scenes as disturbing BUT do NOT judge it before you finish it.
Nicole Mcclain
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily accepted an advance reader copy for my honest review.

This has got to be Bethany's rawest book! And I loved it! Connor is a disturbed man who very young finds out that his life is not normal. He had more tough love lessons than actually hugs and it carries over into adulthood. It doesn't help that your born into the Irish Mob and your father is a psychopath who gets his jollies off of abusing young women. Sick!
Evelyn is a sweet, innocent child who befriends Connor. For a year they
Brittany
Incredible! This story, these words, it's rocked me. Literally I adored this story from the first page on.

The young lad, son of a Irish mob boss, living a life without a mother and a heartless father, just trying to stay out of the way when he meets a young girl. Instantly, they find common ground - as young children do. But the friendship was never nurtured. A house nearly burnt to a crisp, a dead uncle, and a missing girl.

And it only keeps getting better. Connor and Evelyn, their a different
Keya
This is probably the darkest & and most gritty book written by Bethany-Kris. There were several scenes that had my skin crawl in on itself. And other scenes I simply couldn't read (but forced myself to) (view spoiler)

This is most obviously Connor O'Neill's book. There's no doubt about that. The story is entirely from his POV and it is from his POV we see the darknes
Corene
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
**An ARC was received in exchange for an honest review**

This book only needs two words to describe it.

"Feckin' grand"

From beginning to end this book was amazing. Not only did it have great drama and a heart stopping plot line, it had some amazing sex scenes too. Those are always a plus. Even just reading that scene with Connor and Evelyn with the tattoo stuff??

Oh my goodness. Melting. Panties.

This book is rather dark and at times, especially in the beginning it became hard to stomach and I alm
Kendall
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC was provided in exchange for a honest review.

This is only going to be short and sweet because I want to read this again. Not putting tens on the book, but this was nothing like what BK has done before; it's never been this dark and gritty. We see another side of the mob which is pretty wild considering these are bad guys (we've seen it all right?), yet Connor and the men we meet in Inflict open up a world of organized crime and a brand of crazy that we readers and lovers of bad men seem to
Niki_g
*arc provided for an honest review*

**4.5 stars with shamrock stars**

I really like the concept of this story for many reasons like the following:

the story line was different than regular action packed novels.

the dialogue delivery was full of imaginative force. I was forced inside the room of high leather chair and bar tops where mobsters sit, sip and snicker. the hot ambience was delivered vividly inside my brain with the power of the dialogues.

this story was both a funny and a serious mix of I
Tianna Hayes
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gut-wrenchingly Beautiful

This is a standalone by Bethany-Kris, it was absolutely amazing. True to her style, the authenticity of this story is almost scary.

Inflict takes you on a rollercoaster ride of emotion. It tells the story of " Nature vs Nurture". Can you be something better than what you were raised to be. Connor O’Neil was raised by his father Sean O'Neil, who is not only evil but the head of the Irish Mob. We follow Connor through his tumultuous upbringing, early in his childhood he m
Bargain Basement: 3 Winners 3 Signed Paperbacks 1 4 Apr 07, 2017 03:45PM

• Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • Prey (The Irish Mob Chronicles, #1)
  • Slammed
  • Keep (Romanian Mob Chronicles, #1)
  • Passion & Venom (Venom, #1)
  • Dirty Dom (Valetti Crime Family, #1)
  • The Mafia And His Angel: Part 3 (Tainted Hearts, #3)
  • Owned by the Hitman (Hitman #1)
  • The Mafia And His Angel: Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1)
  • The Mafia And His Angel: Part 2 (Tainted Hearts, #2)
  • Ripped: A Hitman Romance
  • Dangerous (Made & Broken, #1)
  • Desertion (Knights Rebels MC, #3)
  • Masterson (The Masterson Series #1)
  • Nikolai: A Mafia Prince Romance (Russian Mob Chronicles, #1)
  • Reckless (Wild Irish, #0.5)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new