Start by marking “Worth of Waste (DeLuca Duet,#2)” as Want to Read:
Worth of Waste (DeLuca Duet,#2)

Worth of Waste (DeLuca Duet #2)

DeLuca Duet, Part Two

The Chicago Mob is the same as it has always been—violent, greedy, and excessive. The Outfit families have turned their backs when they were needed the most one too many times, but Dino DeLuca didn’t expect anything different.

His whole life has been lived for the Outfit—for his family.

He has a whole new set of reasons to live and fight now.

Karen Ma
Published February 6th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Worth of Waste, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth of Waste

Snow
Jan 18, 2017 Snow rated it really liked it

4 "worth it" stars

Worth of Waste is a book 2 and a conclusion to the DeLuca duet were we finally get a full picture of who actually Dino DeLuca is, in this story of one man's proof of worth against the life that doomed him as an individual, that smuggled him and oppressed him from fully living. It's a story of one man's fulfilling the promises, it's a one man's fight for freedom of choice and freedom of life in repressed, cruel and brutal world of mafia. It's a story of a man marked as filth and
Natalie The Biblioholic
Feb 09, 2017 Natalie The Biblioholic rated it really liked it
Today it's featured with a Blog Tour + giveaway!

I wasn't sure if I was ready to read the conclusion of this duet. I was pretty clear on what to expect after reading Deathless & Divided. Well I couldn't be more wrong!! There were so many surprises in store for me in this book.

Dino DeLuca was trapped. Although his uncle, Mr. Evil himself, Ben, set him up, he was still obligated to him. In order to keep everyone he loved safe, he had to play by Ben's rules. It was utterly tragic to have to see
Selene
Jan 15, 2017 Selene rated it really liked it

What a bittersweet curtain of closure this book provided, and what a stunning conclusion to Dino DeLuca's story! This book made the reader privy to the undercover plans Dino was forging in the Chicago War series. Without giving too much away, the delicate balancing act that was Dino's life was a tangle of half-truths along with other promises he made and was determined to uphold. Protecting his siblings was one of his primary goals, but in the end, he followed his heart, too.

I thorough
Lillian ᴥ Cloud 9 Books
***** 4 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

I really enjoyed this story. As Dino is finishing up his sentence, Karen is living a normal life as a single parent. Her life is stable and good. She has a job that makes her happy and a son that brings her joy. But when Dino finally gets out, the problems from before come back harder.

I loved the touching moments about Dino and his son. They truly warmed my heart. But Dino needs to think of a solution if he wants to be with his family.

Dino and
Bethany-Kris
Feb 06, 2017 Bethany-Kris added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now on Kindle Unlimited!

Enter the giveaway for a chance at one of two signed copies of Waste of Worth:

Grab your copy below:

CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MSYT78K
UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSYT78K
S.M. West
5 STARS

Ahh what an ending! I loved this series and while this is a stand alone duet, it was the perfect way to wrap things up for the Chicago outfit.

Most mafia stories are about the life, about men accepting or loving the life, this one is different. Dino DeLuca was born into the mob, trapped by la famiglia, and punished for the sins of the father. He's raised to believe he's less than. His only reason to live is to protect his family and then he has another reason, another family.

This story fli
Bev
I floved this, so damn hard. A fantastic end to one of my very favourite series ever. From The Chicago Wars I had a pretty good idea of where Dino and Karen's story was going to end, but that in no way detracted from the epicness that I've just had the pleasure of reading.

I loved Dino and Karen in Waste of Worth and adored them in this one. The author had plenty of opportunity to go into flashback mode and I'm so thrilled that she didn't. She's got such a gift of giving me all the detail I want
Paige
4 "How It Ends" Stars

Worth of Waste was the conclusion to a series that hooked my from the start. I've followed Dino's story since the first book of The Chicago War series and as I've devoured this duet. I've learned so much more about Dino, his family and his life. With surprises, events explained and a love story that defies barriers, this is a mafia family I've fallen in love with.

Dino and Karen have a lot of overcome. Starting where book 1 ended, Worth of Waste picks up with Dino and jail a
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author in exchange for a review

Wow, this was sooo not an easy road for Dino and Karen!

This picks up right where the first book ended. Right from the get go, I wondered how these 2 will ever find their happy ending. Dino, as you learned from the first book, has not had an easy life. And he was in prison, for cryin’ out loud!

But when there's a will, there’s a way, as they say. Lucky for Dino, Karen loves him unconditionally. It allowed Dino to plan knowing that Karen is there fo
Julia
5 +++ - worth - stars

How much waste is worth and how much worth is waste?
Is worth given or is it something you either have or don't ?

"He saw himself as disposable.
He didn't want to be loved because he didn't deserve to be."

Worth of waste by Bethany-Kris is part two of DeLuca Duet . The books should be read in the following order:

One - Waste of Worth (DeLuca Duet, #1) by Bethany-Kris January 9th 2017
Two - Worth of Waste (DeLuca Duet,#2) by Bethany-Kris coming February 6th 2017

They can be read as a standalone though the story is slightly connected to her Chicago War The Complete Series (The Chicago War, #1-4) by Bethany-Kris series. Though the Du
Expresso
Jan 22, 2017 Expresso rated it it was amazing
I knew this story would turn me inside out and wreck me. Knowing the inevitable, I tried to go in hard. Desensitized. Go hard or go home, right?

Although my walls were high, my battle armor in place, Bethany-Kris battled and CONQUERED each brick, each chink with every single word written! Oh my gawd! When indulging in a Kris novel, one must expect an emotional ride complete with tears, chocolate, and alcohol for solace. But good gravy! Worth of Waste is at another level! How is it we thought Dino
Amanda
Feb 09, 2017 Amanda rated it it was amazing
This is such a satisfying journey and conclusion for Dino DeLuca. As a reader of the Chicago Wars series, I knew what the outcome and the ending, but there are a lot of unanswered questions and I need to experience Dino's journey and bask in his hard earned happiness and peace.

I'm worried that this second book of the duet is going to delve into all the mafia politics again, but it seems like this time around more time is dedicated for Dino and Karen to solidify once again that Dino is man worth
A Klue
Fans of Bethany-Kris’ The Chicago War series need no introduction when it comes to Dino DeLuca. His character took center stage in Book 1, Deathless and Divided, as murder and mayhem broke out among four rival Chicago mobster families. At that point, most of us only saw him as the quintessential, uncaring mafioso brother of Theo and Lily, who seemed determined to save his own skin and didn’t care if he ruined their lives in the process. We were only given glimpses there were possibly more to him ...more
Marcella
*ARC provided by author.*
4.5 finally have some closure stars.

*Thank you BK for hearing our pleas for this series*

Oh that end...the epilogue...

"Dino was going to keep letting them be fine.
They didn't need him now.
He'd done his job.
He'd kept his promises."

All unanswered questions, all suspicions, theories and doubts were all answered and eased with these two books. Dino was always a character I wanted more on. I wanted his story, I wanted his past, I wanted...HIM LOL! He's a man who has had a ha
Patty  (Bookish Wanderlove)
** 4.5 stars **
☆ Aimetz
5 "He regrets nothing" Stars

ARC was provided by the Author in exchange for an honest review.

I don't know where or how to start... This book is and will be one of my favorites for this 2017.
One of those I could not stop to thinking.
One of those where my heart squeezes but it makes me smile.
I must be honest and confess that, I was afraid of the end, so much that I postponed it for weeks. I just felt that something bad was happening and the so promised HEA in the end was going to be bittersweet.
Kazy
Apr 10, 2017 Kazy rated it it was amazing
Ahhh Bethany- Kris, you have done my heart right. So right. That ending made my night and then some. I hoped beyond hope that things would turn out that way.

Ok, so if you haven't realized it yet.... I loved this book. Dino, aww my poor baby Dino. He sacrificed so much for his siblings without them even knowing it. Every decision he made was as much about them as it was about himself. Karen just solidified herself in this book. She stayed loyal and was always determined to give Dino the chance to
Suzanne (Lily)
4.5 Stars

I devoured Worth of Waste in one day. The writing flowed effortlessly no matter whether the story was reflecting on the good times or the bad. Whereas my head was spinning at the end of Waste of Worth (Part One of the DeLuca Duet) with Worth of Waste, what I experienced was calm and contentment. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted more, but there was a sense of closure to Dino DeLuca’s story.

During The Chicago War Series, Dino was a character who stayed under the radar of his siblings and his
Paganalexandria
I'd give this 2 1/2 stars if possible. It's not the worst, but still boring to me. Maybe I'd be more invested in Dino if I'd read the Chicago Wars Chicago War The Complete Series (The Chicago War, #1-4) by Bethany-Kris series first.
Khanique McDaniel
Jan 17, 2017 Khanique McDaniel rated it liked it
***ARC PROVIDED FOR REVIEW***

Don't let the 3 stars fool you. It was good. It wasn't intricate while remaining light and fun like the previous novel but it took a more serious tone and fill in gaps we weren't even aware of.

From I read the blurb I already figured out the ending and it was exactly as I called it. I even jokingly said it as a suggestion to the author on Instagram where her silence spoke louder than if she was to deny it all. Still, I was antsy after page one and wanted to zoom my ki
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
**4.5 Bittersweet Ending Stars**

Worth of Waste by Bethany Kris was everything I was hoping for. The perfect ending for Karen and Dino's story! I cried, laughed, and just about had a heart attack with what Bethany Kris put me through. This book killed me, hook line and sinker.

This is Bethany's best yet.
She did Dino justice.

I have always been a huge fan of Dino, my heart sank with what he has been through. Tears come to my eyes just remembering. But all in all this was such a beautiful heartbrea
Forever_meme
Jan 15, 2017 Forever_meme rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!!!!

**Arc provided by author in exchange for a honest review **

Wow devoured this in one sitting, thank you Bethany-Kris you never disappoint!

This story is book two in Dino and Karens story. It continues where book one ended with Dino being locked up and Karen left to deal with a huge change in life.

This story was great to read especially for those who read the Chicago War series because we get to see all the wheels being set into motion, which had paved the way for everyone involved.

Dino
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Feb 10, 2017 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
Worth of Waste (DeLuca Duet #2) by Bethany-Kris
4 stars!!!

(Spoilers for book one, Waste of Worth)

“I’m only doing what one of us won’t, right?”

I had been itching to read this book, Bethany-Kris left us on a doozie with book one, Waste of Worth, and although the time between books was short, my powers of patience were running very thin. As I said in my review for book one, Bethany-Kris has become a go to author for my Mafia men fix and she certainly delivered once again with Worth of Waste. Wor
Keya
Should've posted this on release day but life has been getting in the way!

but WORTH OF WASTE IS NOW AVAILABLE BUY!!

4·5 STARS

Ahh..  So that's what really happened. What a bittersweet ending.

I'm so satisfied with this ending but I also feel a little sad too. It's easier to picture an alternative ending... A what could have been scenario. And I find myself doing just that if things had turned out differently earlier on. But it is what it is and I couldn't have asked for a better story.

Worth of
Jen
Feb 08, 2017 Jen rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic conclusion to Dino's story! I have wanted him to get his HEA for so long and was not disappointed! More great writing by this brilliant author!
Vanessa Serrano
Feb 10, 2017 Vanessa Serrano rated it liked it
3.7 - 3.9 STARS

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but oh well...

First, let's make clear that since reading Lucian by Bethany Kris she quickly became one of my favorite authors but Waste of Worth and Worth of Waste were definitely not what I was expecting, the first one was amazing and hooked me right from the beginning and although the conclusion 'Worth of Waste' is brilliant and the perfect conclusion for Dino and Karen's story I just couldn't connect with it.

The Chicago War bo
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Rating: 5 stars

ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

Worth of Waste is the conclusion to the very heartbreaking Deluca Duet. This is the story of Karen and Dino, but it's so simple. It depicts all the sacrifices that Dino makes in the name of love and family- we really get a better understanding of his actions. Life in the mob is not easy, staying alive for as long as he did was a feat in itself, given his family's reputation. This book will certainly not leave one in
M
Jan 30, 2017 M rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It's a bittersweet feeling because it's a journey with the characters that flow through the first and now this book. We read about Dino in the beginning and we know what's happened but there was a lot of unanswered questions and we never knew all this happened up to when we first met him. I advise anyone looking to read this book read the WHOLE Chicago Wars series!

Loved it! Thank you Bethany-Kris!
Claudia Chacon
Mar 19, 2017 Claudia Chacon rated it liked it
3,5 Stars
Sparklybearsy
Feb 21, 2017 Sparklybearsy rated it really liked it
It was brilliant to get the full picture of who Dino Deluca was. I was always intrigued by him from the Chaicago Wars series and what we THOUGHT happened to him there, a little confused on how he was with his family, but ultimately I was happy to get his story.
What a sadness surrounding him, he just wanted out from under the tyrannical fist of his sh**head uncle Ben and to have his own life, all the while he protected his siblings in his own way. Hated that man. Really hated him. What a (great)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new
More about Bethany-Kris...

DeLuca Duet (2 books)
  • Waste of Worth (DeLuca Duet, #1)