Start by marking “Palm Beach Poison (A Charlie Crawford Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Palm Beach Poison (A Charlie Crawford Mystery, #2)

Palm Beach Poison

(Charlie Crawford Mystery #2)

Vasily Zinoviev is the last man on earth you want to say no to. Just ask the "working girl" who suffered a horrible death while skinny-dipping in a pool one night. Or the president of the prestigious Poinciana Club who’s sorry he ever laid eyes on the ruthless Russian.

Living in a $20 million oceanfront mansion with a harem of mistresses, Vasily and his brother are more t
Published October 23rd 2016 (first published October 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Palm Beach Poison, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Tulay
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Wasn't interesting.

Series of rather long twist and turns. Russian brothers wants to buy private gulf club in Palm Beach to build condos. They aren't the only ones, millionaires and billionaires to make more millions.
Coco.V
Jan 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/2/2018)! 💝
Norma
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, audio, mystery, reviewed
( Format : Audiobook )
""Dead people are bad for tourism!""
One of the most entertaining mystery thrillers that I have listened to recently: not great literature, perhaps, but well conceived, written and brilliantly narrated. The action might not seem fast initially but there is so much packed into it with a great cast of superbly crafter characters featuring businessmen, billionaires, Russians and realtors as well as the main protagonists themselves. Plenty of murder and mayhem, with some rather
E K
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
As the follow- up to Palm Beach Nasty, I found that Palm Beach Poison was both a worthy sequel and a story that can stand on its own. In my opinion though Palm Beach Poison is not as strong as a story than Palm Beach Nasty. The characters of Ms. Almes and her lover were not given a satisfying wrap as Nick in Palm Beach Nasty. Almes and her abusive boyfriend just seem to be there and provide nothing useful to the plot. Despite this one weakness, I loved Palm Beach Poison. The twist of who was the ...more
Trish R.
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As good as Palm Beach Nasty was I can’t believe it took me since last May to read the second book, Palm Beach Poison, because I absolutely love Crawford and Ott.

This book was better than the first one. It just amazes me that these millionaire/billionaires in Palm Beach think they can commit murder, in this case it was seven murders, in order to get what they want. Although, I wasn’t sad about Vasily and Aleksandr because they were just murderous assholes. However, it really was disgusting HOW th
Heather Clowes
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Really enjoyed this book. Full of action in every page, will definitely be reading more from this author. Will? Recommend to my friends
dollie ledford
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This was a great book, it doesn't disappoint, grabs your attention and keeps going. I loved the first book and will probably love the next. So keep writing Mr Turner.
Linda D. Copeland
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great fast read book

I am not an avid reader, but Tom's books are great. Characters are well developed and in only a few pages you are hooked to the plot. If you like James Patterson, Tom's books are a must read.
Connor Sweeney
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another page turner

Couldn't put this one down either! Keeps you guessing until the very end. Great read. Highly recommend to you all!
Helen Baker
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Taut and suspenseful

I was kept in suspense during the entire reading of this book. Though many solutions were suggested as the plot unfolded, I never guessed the ending.
Tim
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun read

This series has been great so far. Fun reads that seem to fly by and leave you wanting more...i.e., the next book.
Kimberly Hicks
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Detective Drama Readers
Recommended to Kimberly by: ReadCheaply
Shelves: read-on-kindle
To say that everyone has a “price” in which they can be bought might not necessarily be true if you’re the owners of the Ponciana Club. When one-half of the Russian brothers, Vasily Zinoviev, proposition the president of the Ponciana Club about purchasing the club, Churchill Ames thought this man was out of his mind. To put it mildly, Ames made it perfectly clear, the Ponciana is not for sale—no way, no how! Vasily wasn’t going away that easily. Of course everyone has a price. He demanded that A ...more
Jan Locke
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down

Another well written, exciting police drama with Charlie Crawford & Mort taking down the big players in Palm Beach. Lots of characters, good & bad, & enough action & tension to keep you riveted to the book. Especially when the snakes made their appearance! Charlie 's a complex, smart man but also a workaholic who runs from relationships. There are clues for readers but the ending is still twisted but fun! Enjoy!
Katy
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
The Russians want to buy the Poincietta,a long time revered landmark in Palm Beach. No one wants to sell. But after bag of poisonous vipers, water moccasins,are set tloose on an estate, a woman dies from snakebite, the owner leaves unexpectedly; a couple is killed, and a myriad of other things, Charlie Crawford is trying to find out who and why this piece of real estate is so coveted.
Carol Simmons
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another good book

Another story with the Palm.Beach.terrific Police Department with Charlie Crawford and Ott Mitt leading solving crime with dignity and quite a story. Introducing criminals from far away as Russia to local rich people who will do anything to get money. Another terrific story will continue reading this talented author.
Lorraine
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Palm Beach Poison was a grand read!!

I was born (at Good Sam Hospital...lol) this story takes place in many places, that I know of or have been there. (MIAMI SUBS....YUM) Our intrepid Detectives are chasing murder suspects as bodied keep turning up! Fast pace story, with lots of action, that will make you go....WOW, WTF?? A can't miss read!!
BJ
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Will the real bad guy/gal please stand?

There are lots of bad guys/gals in this story, each one a little more so than the last. They just keep popping up! What's really the motivator? Good story line; had to tick off a point for a few typos and tech errors.
C.J.
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Well paced & written enough to pique my interest for about half the book. But it's clear from the start who's behind the first nasty deaths, & then who's pulling the strings, so the only suspense becomes, What horrible fate will strike somebody next?
Pat B
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intricate plot

Just about the time you think you’ve figured out the plot you find out it’s got another twist to it.
Howard Larsson
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it
A Good Read

I enjoyed the book and thought it had a good far fetched plot and likeable main characters. Will definitely look for future books in this series.
Susan Heiblum
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy mystery

A wonderful easy summer mystery read. A great way to while away a few hours written in style by a talented author.

Anita Hargreaves
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good author

Quite amusing police thriller. An impressive 7 body count in this novel with creativity. I found the police characters likeable and the plot intricate.
Dwight Burgess
May 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Unbelievable

The entire plot, from beginning to end is so far out I it seems childish. I reAd it all because I like fiction but I can not recommend this book
Marjorie
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charlie, Charlie.

Charlie digs and digs, puts together a story and then he makes it work. Good story, fast read, liked it
Jay Park
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Slow burner

Interesting plot twist made this one worth reading. It was a bit slow moving, but overall a pretty good story.
Joan Cameron
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Interesting characters and story line. Wonderful descriptions of the people and scenery. Really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to more.
michael pilgrim
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super

Book was well written.good story line! Clever plot. I almost figured it out. Missed one character! Good read! Enjoy it
Hrn1947
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ho hum who dunnit. Nothing stands out to make this a must read series
Dewey Carroll Brackett
OK

This was a good story and mystery but had way too much profanity. I don't like a book with f bombs all the way through.
rebecca h davidson
Apr 25, 2017
A native New Englander, Tom Turner ran a bar in Vermont after college, then moved to New York and spent time as an award-winning copywriter at several Manhattan advertising agencies.

After years of post-Mad Men life, he made a radical change and got a job in commercial real estate. A few years later he ended up in Palm Beach, buying, renovating and selling houses. On the side, he wrote Palm Beach N

Charlie Crawford Mystery (6 books)
  • Palm Beach Nasty (Charlie Crawford Mystery, #1)
  • Palm Beach Deadly (Charlie Crawford Mystery, #3)
  • Palm Beach Bones (Charlie Crawford Mystery #4)
  • Palm Beach Pretenders (Charlie Crawford Palm Beach Mysteries Book 5)
  • Palm Beach Predator (Charlie Crawford Palm Beach Mysteries Book 6)