Start by marking “Sisters of Battle: The Omnibus (Sisters of Battle)” as Want to Read:
Sisters of Battle: The Omnibus (Sisters of Battle)

Sisters of Battle: The Omnibus

(Sisters of Battle #Omnibus)

A Warhammer 40,000 omnibus

Adepta Sororitas Sister Miriya and her comrades hunt renegade psykers, battle the ancient might of the necrons and investigate a world newly discovered by the Imperium in three tales of the Sisters of Battle by James Swallow.

READ IT BECAUSE
The Sisters of Battle are a perennially popular part of the Warhammer 40,000 universe, and these classic stor
ebook
Published March 2017 by Black Library

To ask other readers questions about Sisters of Battle, please sign up.
Andrew I am likewise disappointed that there aren't any reviews. I'm always leery of Black Library paperbacks because of their... uneven quality so it's nice…moreI am likewise disappointed that there aren't any reviews. I'm always leery of Black Library paperbacks because of their... uneven quality so it's nice to have some sort of guidance.(less)

Start your review of Sisters of Battle: The Omnibus (Sisters of Battle)
Jaq
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
After a mighty debate with my teen, we finally found a Warhammer book that detailed the Sisters of Battle. Up until I read this I was like where are the women of Warhammer? Did they just fade away or be relegated to the role of cipher character? Not here in this collection of stories. Swallow does a good job of handling the characters, without using some of the tired formulaic tropes I have read in some of the Warhammer series.
Ari
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
What makes a Sister of Battle? If you were to trust the blocks of exposition and internal dialogue presented at frequent intervals in this collection, it's their unwavering faith in the Emperor of humanity. If you were to trust the stories as they actually unfold, however, it would probably boil down to the "Battle" part.

Make no mistake, in the Sisters of Battle omnibus, combat is front and center and everything else is window dressing. While it's common for game-related fiction to be little mor
Franco Luciano
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easily one of the best WH book compilations I've read. Each story stands on it's own. I was actually more interested in the time between battles than the actual battles themselves, that's how good the writing is. The characters are really well fleshed out and their beliefs and passions are realistic and believable. Fantastic read.
Mhoram
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
George
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Ave Imperator

If you don’t know what WH40k is then save your precious time and don’t read this review.

If you know what WH40k is, but don’t know who the Sisters of Battle are, then save your time and don’t read this review.

If you know what WH40k is AND know who the Sisters of Battle are, then read if you want.

This is an enjoyable selection of stories. Some are better than other, especially the last book and short story. This isn’t James Joyce and it isn’t trying to be. It’s just some stories set i
Melissa Martin
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a compilation of three books and 2 short stories. All are great! Warhammer really chooses authors who can describle battle like no other! My favorite thing about this book is that, though most of the major characters are female, you don't feel beaten over the head with feminism or "girl power." These are warriors tasked with near impossible missions. They're dedicated but flawed, and definitely bad ass.
J.M. Anjewierden
The power of faith

I’ve always liked the Sisters of Battle more than the Space Marines, not because the Marines aren’t cool, but because the Sisters are at the end of things ‘mere’ mortal women. The power of their faith helps them hold their own and triumph well outside their weight class, and that has always been compelling to me.

The stories here exemplify that, and are simply good stories in their own right as well, with good action and better characters.
Jetpack
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Considering how much I like the Adepta Sororitas, I'm still a bit shocked how disappointed I was in this. The first short story didn't interest me at all. Things do pick up when Verity arrives, but while I like Miriya, the stories don't grab me as much as I was expecting.

The final short story is a good close. I've been bouncing between a 3.5 (so 4) or a 3, but I just can't make the leap.

I'd say pick up as a WH40k fan, but it's not going to be one of my go to re-read books.
Vladislav Mikhov
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
I strongly encourage you to listen to this book as an audiobook, narrated by Lisa Bowerman. Expressive voice of a talented narrator, simple, but breathtaking plot, and ambient sounds will merge you with world of warhammer 40k.
Eileen
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: media-tie-in
The Sisters of Battle seem to be quite popular with the Warhammer 40k fandom, yet are ignored by Games Workshop to the extent that "sistered" is now a verb referring to an established character, faction, or concept getting shelved (see also: "squatted"). This omnibus consists of the only two novels ever written about the Sisters of Battle, plus two short stories, all from James Swallow. Not much, but I'm glad we at least have something. [UPDATE: Plastic sisters coming in 2019!]

Now Swallow is gen
Apr 07, 2020
Mcangus
Nov 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Bloodied Rose (The Black Library Novella Series 1 #1)
  • Horus Rising (Horus Heresy #1)
  • The Magos (Eisenhorn #4)
  • Mercy (Warhammer 40,000)
  • Mechanicum (The Horus Heresy #9)
  • Space Wolf: The First Omnibus (Space Wolf #1-3)
  • Galaxy in Flames (The Horus Heresy #3)
  • Forges of Mars Omnibus
  • False Gods (Horus Heresy #2)
  • Celestine: The Living Saint (Warhammer 40,000)
  • Night Lords: The Omnibus (Night Lords #1-3)
  • Hereticus (Eisenhorn #3)
  • Dark Imperium (Dark Imperium #1)
  • 結婚指輪物語 6 [Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari 6] (Tales of Wedding Rings, #6)
  • 終末のハーレム 8 [Shuumatsu no Harem 8] (World's End Harem, #8)
  • Dinosaurs - The Grand Tour: Everything Worth Knowing About Dinosaurs from Aardonyx to Zuniceratops
  • Complete Collection Of H.P.Lovecraft - 150 eBooks With 100+ Audio Book Links(Complete Collection Of Lovecraft's Fiction,Juvenilia,Poems,Essays And Collaborations)
  • Dinosaurs: The Most Complete, Up-to-Date Encyclopedia for Dinosaur Lovers of All Ages
James Swallow is a New York Times, Sunday Times and Amazon #1 bestselling author and scriptwriter, a BAFTA nominee, a former journalist and the award-winning writer of over fifty books, along with scripts for video games, comics, radio and television.

His writing includes the Marc Dane action thrillers, the Sundowners steampunk Westerns and fiction from the worlds of Star Trek, Warhammer 40000, Do

Sisters of Battle (2 books)
  • Faith and Fire (Sisters of Battle #1)
  • Hammer and Anvil (Sisters of Battle #2)