Start by marking “Randonnée mortelle (Agatha Raisin enquête, #4)” as Want to Read:
Randonnée mortelle (Agatha Raisin enquête, #4)

Randonnée mortelle

(Agatha Raisin #4)

Après un séjour de six mois à Londres, Agatha retrouve enfin ses chères Cotswolds - et le non moins cher James Lacey. Même si le retour au bercail de son entreprenante voisine ne donne pas l'impression d'enthousiasmer particulièrement le célibataire le plus convoité de Carsely. Heureusement, Agatha est très vite happée par son sport favori : la résolution d'affaires ...more
Published November 3rd 2016 by Albin Michel (first published April 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Randonnée mortelle, please sign up.
Gina He's a complete tool. This waffling back and forth is getting old fast, I don't care how attractive he is. The ending to this book made me SCREAM and…moreHe's a complete tool. This waffling back and forth is getting old fast, I don't care how attractive he is. The ending to this book made me SCREAM and I'm almost hoping it doesn't happen because Agatha can do better. (less)

Start your review of Randonnée mortelle (Agatha Raisin enquête, #4)
Kate Howe
This series is the relaxing sitcom watching of reading. I'm coming to love getting to come back to Carseley and all the colorful characters and happenings but also be so relaxed.
Jonathan
Agatha Raisin is, as always, an absolute delight to read! I immensely enjoyed this, and can't wait to read the next one!
Blaine DeSantis
Another good entry in the Agatha Raisin series but only a 3.5*** on my scale. Why? Well, Agatha is Agatha and she is great, but we now move away from our friendly and beloved village of Carsley to a neighboring area of Dembley and completely new characters who we will most likely not meet again in this series - it is also the trouble with the TV series in that they cannot keep everything bad happening in Carsley and so they move about England and most of the core characters become minimalized ...more
The Flooze
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, my. Oh, my!

Another neat, fast-paced mystery centering on ghastly murders in an otherwise ideal setting. When a rambler (hiker) from a nearby town is found dead in a field, Agatha is called upon to dig up all the info she can.

Of course, investigations are far more exciting with James Lacey in tow. And how much more exciting still to go undercover with the chap - as a married couple!

Though the mystery has its fair share of plausible, unsettling suspects, the highlight of this tale is the
Sukhi
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, mystery
What makes Agatha Raisin special? She's spunky. She's stubborn. She knows how to get results. As a woman who had to work her way to success, she also has a major chip on her shoulder when she comes face to face with the wealthy or "old rich." She doesn't take anyone's nonsense. She is a strong woman. She's also human and craves meaningful relationships. She makes a way to create these relationships with the residents of Carsely. At least that's what I thought of her before I picked up this book ...more
Yvonne
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m really liking these Agatha Raisin audios. They are relatively short and I can finish them in a week while I commute to and from work.

Agatha is still full of herself and it’s taking me a long time to warm up to her, but I’m finally coming around. LOL She sure is relentless in the pursuit of her handsome neighbor, James Lacey. Some of her decisions make me shake my head and other times I just want to shake her.

I find myself becoming more involved in the characters and their relationships then
Una Tiers
I'd forgotten how Charles Fraith came into the series. It was an interesting re-read looking at the characters.
Joe Santoro
Sometimes when you forget to bring a book with you, one ends up reading someone else's book. I found myself with a choice between this one and my 10 year old's book.. so since I have watched a bit of the TV show for this one (my wife is a fan), I thought I'd give it a shot.

While it was a quick, fun read, there isn't anything too remarkable about it... pretty standard fare for a British mystery. The main characters are actually more interesting and engaging on the PBS version.. Agatha here does
Ellie
Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley by M.C. Beaton is fourth in Beaton's Agatha Raisin series. Agatha, a 50+ public relations' executive has retired from her London agency to live a quiet life in a small village and, hopefully, learn how to make friends and live peacefully with others.

In this mystery, Agatha (a very bright woman with an abrasive personality) has returned to do a stint of public relations' work. She succeeds at it brilliantly-but also falls back into all her old bad habits.
Julie Davis
My current favorite light series for audiobook reading. Having listened to the BBC audiodrama beforehand (one of the reasons I began listening to the actual books), I knew the murderer but greatly enjoyed all the extra things the book had that the drama did not.

This one ends on a bit of a wincing moment which is a set-up for Agatha's dilemma of the next book. Honestly, I found it exasperating but it reminded me that the author originally wrote only romances. Which also explains James and
Tressa
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm going through this series like I go through a bag of Reese's Cup minis—fast and loving every delicious second! The Walkers of Dembley introduces a group of SJW environmentalists whose leader enjoys confronting wealthy landowners about the right-of-way laws and their rights to trample through their gardens. I laughed a lot at the vocal leader who is a "raging bitch" who needs to "get stuffed" as Agatha is fond of saying about many people she meets. She doesn't get stuffed but she does get ...more
Rebecca
I didn't love this Agatha Raisin mystery. I think it was because I disliked ALL the characters involved (except the recurring characters). They were all shifty, cared only about themselves, and didn't seem all that upset about a murder (and the victim was awful I admit). They seemed to set out just to make trouble with people and all had serious tempers. I was a little surprised about the murderer, just because (view spoiler) ...more
AndrewP
While reading this I discovered this is a sub-genre, formerly unknown to me, namely 'cozy'.

A militant left wing feminist plans a ramble/march across wealthy Baronet Charles Fraith's fields. Everyone thinks she is going too far so she ends up being the only participant. When she ends up dead almost everyone has a potential motive. Agatha and James Lacey go underground posing as a married couple to investigate.

Good humorous, amateur sleuthing that uncovers the truth in the end. Quite a surprise
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
A surprisingly uneventful Agatha Raisin mystery! The characters are fairly uninteresting, the plot is weak and even dear old Agatha lacks her usual craziness... This read was a bit of a disappointment but I hear this is one of the least enjoyable installment in the series. I hope Mrs Raisin's next adventures will be more fun to read:)
Kate
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like this series and spending time with Agatha in the English Cotswolds. Her temper and the rude things she says always make me laugh! This novel is the one in which James starts to see Agatha in a different light and so, as someone who has skipped around the series, I felt like it explained a lot about their relationship (which plays out in many subsequent books). A lot of fun!
Heidi Burkhart
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Agatha at her stubborn, determined best! If you are a fan you will enjoy this book!
Janet Martin
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Agatha, adored Penelope Keith's performance. Fast and fun.
Julie McCahill
Ok...prob not a 4 Star, but these books make me smile and are so fun! I needed this after the last downer book....
Denise
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
Loved this one!
Jo Chambers
A fun little novel featuring the wonderful Agatha Raisin, this time chasing down a murderer among a group of left-wing ramblers.
Pam
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mommy-s-shelf
Of the four Agatha Raisins I have read so far, this one is my favorite. I felt the pacing of this book was much quicker and more enjoyable than the others. I liked the characters, the investigation and the twist-y ending. I enjoyed this one on tv a while back too...sure hope they make more Agatha Raisin tv shows, too!
Andrea
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I didn't think much of this mystery. The writing is poor, the characterisation rather flat and unnecessarily crude in places (I especially didn't appreciate the rape "joke").

The premise was intriguing: a group of hikers take it upon themselves to open up the Medieval rights of way, when one of them disappears. I found the discussion about the rights of way interesting, but it was just a plot point and not very much was said about it.

I love the illustration on the cover of this copy. Pity the
Fiction State Of Mind
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Coyer Winter Switch

I've fallen in love with this series. Agatha moves into a new murder investigation full throttle hoping to carve more time with her neighbor James. This case involves a militant walking group and involves Agatha and James pretending to be married. Another fun romp with and acerbic insecure Agatha. This book gives readers a look at life at another village, and a look at the life of a country lord. The murders pile up while tensions between James and Agatha build, all leading to
Damana Madden
Book 52 is the 4th book of the Agatha Raisin series - Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley by M.C. Beaton.

This is my favourite in-the-middle series at the moment. It satisfies my Agatha Christie cravings in a very modern way.

The last book was lacking and that made me worry about persisting in this saga but this reaffirmed my enjoyment of this genre and author.

I can't tell you anything or I will spoil it. Read it but do read all the bits before.

4 fields of canola out of 5.

Should I read this?
Katy
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books, 2018
Agatha is SO MUCH FUN! These are great books that I pick up on audio when I don't really know what I want. Aggie is her usual grumpy self throughout, and in this case she's investigating the murder of one of the Dembley Ramblers. It is fun to get a new cast of characters added in to Agatha's world, and the ending was sweet and unexpected.
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I usually enjoy reading about Agatha's antics, but this story was not as fun as previous installments. Agatha chasing her handsome and aloof neighbor was comical in the first books; but by this point in the series they are spending more time together, and he is revealing a very unlikable side to his personality. In addition, the murder-mystery side of the story had a particularly nasty tone.
Lori
Dec 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This entry in the series took a turn from mediocre to bad. There was no evolution of characters, the mystery was just pedestrian, and the characters unsavory. There is too much nastiness. I do not think I will pursue this any longer.
Kirsty
I listened to the audiobook for this and Penelope Keith was an excellent narrator for this story. I think that this series is a lot of fun to read. I love Agatha's character, I think she is funny and I love her pushy behaviour.

I like the mysteries that the author creates although this mystery wasn't as gripping as previous ones. I also missed seeing the side characters that had featured heavily in previous books. This book focused very heavily on the relationship between Agatha and James which
Michael mister.is.me
Another fun murder mystery with Agatha Raisin.
These books are so addictive and the main lead is hilarious!
This installment was not as good as the previous three books, however can't wait to delve into the next one as they are a great fun, light read.
Thatmostpeculiarmademoiselle
Another very enjoyable adventure for Agatha and James. Loved seeing them fully reunited in this new story. I thought the "villain" was a bit easy to find, but apart from that I thoroughly loved this installment, much more than the one before, and I am looking forward to reading the next one.
Play Book Tag: Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley / MC Beaton ~ 4 stars 1 12 Mar 16, 2018 02:22PM
Agatha Raisin 3 38 Dec 14, 2013 10:54AM

• Snobbery With Violence (Edwardian Murder Mysteries, #1)
  • Hasty Death (Edwardian Murder Mysteries, #2)
  • Sick of Shadows (Edwardian Murder Mysteries, #3)
  • Our Lady of Pain (Edwardian Murder Mysteries, #4)
  • Agatha Raisin – La turista terribile
  • Lady Fortescue Steps Out (Poor Relation, #1)
  • Miser of Mayfair (A House For The Season, #1)
  • Date with Death (The Dales Detective, #1)
  • Tee? Kaffee? Mord! Ein Mörder steht im Walde (Nathalie Ames ermittelt 9)
  • Beatrice Goes to Brighton (The Traveling Matchmaker, #4)
  • La Cerise sur le gâteau
  • Tee? Kaffee? Mord! Arsen und Käsekuchen (Nathalie Ames ermittelt 7)
  • A Better Man (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #15)
  • Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mystery, #2)
  • Latte Trouble (Coffeehouse Mystery, #3)
  • Murder on the Flying Scotsman (Daisy Dalrymple, #4)
  • Miss Tonks Turns to Crime (Poor Relation, #2)
  • Mrs. Jeffries and the Alms of the Angel (Mrs. Jeffries #38)
Like her on Facebook!

Learn more on her website!

Marion Chesney Gibbons

Marion Chesney was born on 1936 in Glasgow, Scotland, UK, and started her first job as a bookseller in charge of the fiction department in John Smith & Sons Ltd. While bookselling, by chance, she got an offer from the

Agatha Raisin (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • The Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin, #1)
  • The Vicious Vet (Agatha Raisin, #2)
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage (Agatha Raisin, #5)
  • Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist (Agatha Raisin, #6)
  • Agatha Raisin and the Wellspring of Death (Agatha Raisin, #7)
  • Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham (Agatha Raisin, #8)
  • Agatha Raisin and the Witch of Wyckhadden (Agatha Raisin, #9)
  • Agatha Raisin and the Fairies of Fryfam (Agatha Raisin, #10)
  • Agatha Raisin and the Love from Hell (Agatha Raisin, #11)