Start by marking “Silenced” as Want to Read:
Silenced

Silenced

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  1,189 Ratings  ·  238 Reviews
As a young child, Killian Foster survives the unimaginable. Silenced and scarred, he keeps to himself, spending his time with his notebook in the woods behind his aunt’s house.

Until Rylee Anderson…

When Rylee spots Killian hopping over a fence next door, she follows him, unprepared for the boy she’d find—or the relationship that would unfold over the next seven years.

Or th
Published February 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Silenced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silenced

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4 Stars!!

Go to www.steamyreads.net for a chance to win a signed paperback of this book! Right on the front page - can't miss it!

Leddy Harper delivered a touching, emotional tale that really broke, but also warmed my heart. A story about love, finding who you are, forgiveness and second chances, 'Silenced' is fast-paced, intense and gritty at times. I was lost in this story from the prologue and I couldn’t put it down for one minute. Leddy’s newest release will definitely make you feel.

“Being

Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS****

For more unfiltered reviews... https://prettymessreading.wordpress.com/

I don’t really know what I expected when I started this book, I just wanted to just read a book to calm myself after a stressful day at work. No matter the case, I really enjoyed this one.

We all have scars, some internal where no one can see and others on the outside for the world to see. Killian has both. He has permanent wounds on the outside that anyone who looks at him can see but it’s the internal ones are
Olga therebelreader
Silenced will touch your heart in many ways. Once I started reading, I had a hard time stopping. Along with the characters, the writing is pure, delicate and so very touching.

This is a wonderfully written story about a boy, Killian, suffering the traumatic effects of a double murder and an attack that left his face scarred for life when he was eight years old, who has chosen not to speak since that horrible night. He meets a neighbor girl, Rylee. These two find solace in each other's company
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This is a hard one for me to rate tbh. I liked it. I thought it was a unique second-chance type story. I just had some issue with the believability of it all, and I was really confused by the h's behavior when they reunited. BIG SPOILERS HERE, so please don't click if you don't want to chance it being ruined: (view spoiler)
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SILENCED: Killian Foster at the tender age of 8 was diagnosed by the school’s counsellor as having a photographic memory, his parents tried everything from pills, therapy, art classes to medicine to make him better, but nothing seemed to work.

A night that will forever be cemented on his mind at 11.20pm on on a school night he’s startled from near sleep from a thud and a scream from his mother, getting out of bed and making his way to his parents room and opening the door will forever be
Sabrina
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Kindle*Paperback

Silenced is the heart-wrenching story of Killian, who's life was changed the night he saw his parents murdered. The same night he stopped talking and walked away with scars on his face. He was moved in with his aunt when no other family could take care of him and that's when his life changed yet again. When he met Rylee.
"If I could, I’d steal the moon from the sky. I’d still the earth and keep it from turning into day. I’d stay here with you, taking to you, listening
Paige
4 "To the Moon" Stars

Silenced was an emotional story of a broken boy and the best friend that saves him. It's also about second chances and finding the truth about who you are and where you're going. Leddy Harper wrote a love story that tested the limits of its characters but that in the end proved love and healing and soul mates do exist even in the darkest of times.

Killian endured more than any human should ever have to and he has the scars to prove it. As a young child his life was turned up
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fighter, v-card, ku
4 Stars

I was nervous about this book. I read one Leddy Harper book and LOVED it and I read one and hated it. I love angst and Harper knows how to write a pull-your-hair out book, so I went into Silence cautiously.

I didn't know anything about this book except for the fact I knew the author and I liked the cover.

The first 50% of the book

The book was broken into two parts in my opinion. The first 50% was the two main character's when they were younger.

Killian is a troubled boy. He witnessed his pa
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

"If I could've, I would've stolen the moon from the sky.
Held it hostage.
And kept her with me."

Bravo to a woman who never ceases to amaze me!! Leddy, hands down to your versatility and talent as an author. Having been following your career and books, every releases shows how you keep getting better and better at what you do. Silenced  proved that. This book broke me and healed me. Thanks to your writing, you really awaken my deepest emotions.  But then again.... give me a warning will 'ya
ari.

Oh well this book was plain amazing. Really.

It was my first Harper book, so naturally I was kind of intrigued by the blurb when I first saw it, and dove right into it when it came on my kindle. I have to say- she delivered.

The very beginning of the book struck us with a tragedy, and we kind of had an inkling about what had happened, but it wasn't until later into the book that we are given a clear picture of the horror that Killian had witnessed on that fateful day.

Which brings us to Ki
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ohhh my goodness Leddy Harper!!! You captured my heart, shattered it and pieced it back together one piece at a time. That prologue gutted me and I knew I wouldn't be the same!!

Killian's life was forever changed in one night and because of the pain and loss he experienced it causes him to become a different person. Yet little did he know that being different would bring her into his life and would help to heal the pain that he's experiencing.

Rylee's life is as normal as normal can be...that is u
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author VIA Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for my honest review.

This book will probably be in my top 5 for this year even though it's only January.
Silenced could possibly be Leddy's best work so far. Seriously, she is the BOMB!
I have a huge book hangover.
I can't stop thinking about this story of love, heartbreak, second chances and redemption.

Don't read the blurb. Just go for it, you won't be sorry.
Yes, it has some dark scenes, and they were not easy to process, b
Nazanin
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 Happy Stars

"My heart needed her, and hers needed me. She was the air I required to breathe, the nourishment my body demanded to keep going, the strength that kept me alive. She was the reason for everything I did. Whether she ever believed that or not didn’t change the truth."

Surely it’s not the last time I read Harper’s books! I enjoyed this one and it was interesting. Everything was perfect. It was a little fast-paced but it was more than okay with me!

When Killian was eight-year-old, his
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2017, romance
***** 4 Stars *****

When Killian was a young boy, he witnessed his parents being murdered in his childhood home. On that horrific night, one of the murderers left him with a Glasgow smile and told him to be silent.

Ever since then, Killian didn't speak to anyone and only communicated by hand written messages. None of the kids wanted to be near him because of his scar. But Rylee changed his life. She was the only person he'd talk to. She was the only person that had his complete trust.

Killian and
Di Covey
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-favorites
"If I could’ve, I would’ve stolen the moon from the sky. Held it hostage. And kept her with me."

WOW! What a heart-breaking, tragic tale of revenge and everlasting love! A breath-taking love story that will fill you up.

I close this book with tears running down my face, fluttering in my stomach, and goosebumps down my legs. I fell in love, absorbing these characters with all my heart. This Isn't my usual genre. I have never read this author before. I clicked this book simply because of the cove
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆ 5 "You're My Home" Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

"If I could've, I would've stole the moon from the sky. Held it hostage. And kept her with me."

photo PicsArt_03-20-12.36.07_zps17y7e1hn.jpg

From day one, Killian and Rylee have always loved each other. Their connection was always simple and without words. They just understood each other.

As each day together grew a kindred spirit between Killian and Rylee, she also learns why Killian doesn't speak. Killian witnessed and survived the horrible murders of his mom and dad. A murder that would haunt Killian
Mandy
This was so good! It was emotional, steamy and a little suspenseful with twists and turns I didn't see coming. I really loved Killian - he was a really unique hero - he was hurt and his story is heartbreaking. I liked Rylee but she did frustrate me at times. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read more by this author.
Grey
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Silenced. What does that word mean to you? I guarantee it means something quite different to a child who has witnessed a horrific event.

No spoilers... Not the way I roll. I will say, this is a dual POV novel, that spans years in the lifetimes of our main characters. You'll grow up right along with them. Ms. Harper has a knack for getting us right into the head space of our hero and heroine; although, sometimes you almost don't want to be there- because it's a dark and painful place to be. You'l
Ammie *Ammie's Book Obsession*
description

**ARC provided by the author/publisher in exchange of an honest review**

5 "You've always been mine" STARS

description

"If I could, I'd steal the moon from the sky.
I'd still the earth and keep it from turning into day"
~Killian

description

What can I say about this book? "Silenced" has silenced me!! It sounds so cliche but yeah, this book has left me utterly speechless as in completely mute. It was such a beautiful ride and I really really adored this book!

Silenced is a perfect blend of romance, suspense, mystery and
Stephie Walls
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Leddy Harper book has always been Lust, hands down, no question about it - Lust topped the chart for me...until Silenced. I have adamantly refused to relinquish the number one slot to any other LH book. Then came Killian and I was lost. This is the most out of the box book I've ever had the pleasure of reading. It's beautiful, poignant, and will make you want to rip your hair out and in the next breath have you desperate for healing. If you never read another book, put this at the to ...more
Bev
Loved this one, it hooked me right from the heartbreaking beginning where Killian endures a horror no child should have to witness and suffer. The friends to lovers story between Killian and Rylee from children through to their late teens was so, so sweet.

There's a long separation which I totally got - he needed to pull his life together so he could move forward instead of living his childhood horror over and over again. I love how the author did this, but what I didn't like is Rylee. What the h
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
Silenced by Leddy Harper
5 ⭐ Read

Emotionally Raw, intense, and heartbreakingly beautiful. An absolute masterpiece, that I could not put down.

I have tears in my eyes.

Silenced is one of those books that I will never forget. A story that has touched my heart, and it will always have a special place there. When I heard about this book, I could not wait to read it. I just knew this would be a highly emotional read for me, so I went in blind, didn't read the blurb....nothing. When it landed on my t
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read a few books from this author and this was certainly my favourite to date.

At the start although I thought it started brilliantly I wasn't too keen that it started with the main characters being so young (this is only my opinion and doesn't take anything from the story). However I had faith in the author and read on. I found myself absorbing the words and forgetting that I wasn't keen on the age at the beginning.

My heart broke for Killian. His story wasn't an easy one and he wasn't dea
seton
Mar 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to seton by: readerland
Genre: NA Romance
Sensuality: R

10 yr old girl meets the scarred, mute boy next door.

I liked this. I thought the prose wasn't bad for selfpub. However, there were a lot of elements that I did not like or was uncomfortable with so I can't rate it higher than 3.25

I would be interested in reading another novel by this author but looking over her backlist, she specializes in Second Chances Romances, which this one also is.

Tags: revenge, childhood sweethearts, boxing
Riz
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, english-romance, cr
4.25 Stars!

full review to come

ARC generously provided in exchange for an honest review
Mai omar
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this one so so much. This book is amazing tbh. Been long since i read something that had me staying up the night to finish. This book has everything right, the characters, the plot, the language, the turning of events, everything. I liked leddy harper style, and this one is quite captivating. If I wasn't busy with uni work, i'd have have finished it in mere days.
4.5/5 bc i felt the characters were extremely sexually active lol!
Chelsea
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars

This book started out promising, I easily felt the characters in the story, especially Killian. Scarred from what happened, I totally get it why he acted the way he did. Because he was still a child.

However, as he became an adult, then I couldn't understand why he continued to do so. Granted that it was because of the past... as a child, I understand. As an adult, ummm no!

When they were kids, I enjoyed the time they spent together. As teens, well all they ever did was play around as th
Melanie
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely brilliant story. I fell in love with this book and also Killian & Rylee. This story shredded my heart and put it back together again so many times I lost count. The writing was amazing just as the storyline. This book is a must read!!!
Mandy (2 Girls & their Kindles)
Silenced is a heartbreaking and gut wrenchingly tragic in parts, A story of a broken boy living with a heartbreaking past and also has the scars to prove it, and the best friend he finds comfort with next door.

Living with his aunt, Killian's only means of communication is writing everything down in a sketchpad, when he befriends the girl next door Rylee, a wonderful friendship and love begin to blossom.

An emotionally charged story of survival, bravery and love. It tugs on the heart strings and
Lauren Runow
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book drew me in right from the start! I felt so much for Killian and wanted, no needed to know more. I wanted to hug him, keep him safe and never let him go. I love that he had Rylee in his life. His savior, his one and only. So much love, so much pain. This book has everything!
Leddy Harper had to use her imagination often as a child. She grew up the only girl in a house full of boys. At the age of fourteen, she decided to use that imagination and wrote her first book, and never stopped.

She often calls writing her therapy, using it as a way to deal with issues through the eyes of her characters.

She is now a mother of three girls, leaving her husband as the only man in a

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement