Start by marking “Undercover Man” as Want to Read:
Undercover Man

Undercover Man

Paige works her desk job and is engaged to her boyfriend, David. He’s kind to her, but something seems to be missing. While the two of them are in Cannes for their wedding, Paige gets into trouble. Then, the truth is revealed to her. It turns out David is an operative for OMEGA, a secret agency. Paige finally has the chance to know the real David, so she offers her help wi ...more
Published November 2nd 2016 by Harlequin / SB Creative

To ask other readers questions about Undercover Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undercover Man

Nenia ☠️ Hecka Wicked ☠️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I was trying to figure out the color-coding on these romance manga and it looks like I might be right and purple means romantic-suspense. I've read a number of these manga at this point but UNDERCOVER MAN is my first romantic-suspense adaptation, and new is always exciting, even if it isn't always good. (And was this book good? Well...)

Paige and David are engaged but lately Paige has been noticing that David's been growing distant and it's made her want to call off the engagement. Then she gets kidnapped aft
Mehsi
I received this manga from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

The 4th out of 5 Harlequin Manga, and by far the most boring. Really, I practically fell asleep reading this one. For many reasons. Characters were bland, the story was weird and boring, the romance, what romance? I guess the art was good, though I wasn’t a big fan of Paige’s design.

In this one Paige discovers that her fiance/boyfriend is hiding something, and it is something big, he is working for a sec
Lexie
Oct 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So on the one hand I want to rate this higher because it definitely made me want to read the book and the series in general. Also check out Hibiki Sakuraya a bit more as I like how she drew David.

On the other this suffered from too much cut out from the book. We don't see Paige and David before they arrive in France so the level of miscommunication is almost comical.

They've been together two years, getting ready to be married, and I don't think the two dodos ever had a RE
Ashley
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've always enjoyed Harlequin books and decided to give the manga version a try, since I also enjoy reading manga. I was impressed at the art quality of the manga. The emotions of the characters were very impressive and I was glad that I didn't have to make up how I felt characters looked like or acted. The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was the writing.

Usually Harlequin stories make my heart feel twinge of pain every so often at the problems that the main couple have but this one di
Ije the Devourer of Books
Paige and David have a nice enough relationship. He is kind and takes care of her and he wants to get married. Paige wants to get married too but then doubts begin to flood in. There is something about David that seems to be missing and Paige feels that she needs to know him better before marrying him.

What is it that he is hiding?

David is working in another country and he feels this would be a great time and place to get married. Paige travels to join him but she is intending to bre
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Book Review
Title Undercover Man
Author: Hibiki Sakuraya (Illustrator) & Merline Lovelace
Genre: Manga
Rating: *****
Review: So, all I know about this manga comes from the synopsis: Paige works her desk job and is engaged to her boyfriend, David. He’s kind to her, but something seems to be missing. While the two of them are in Cannes for their wedding, Paige gets into trouble. Then, the truth is revealed to her. It turns out David is an operative for OMEGA, a secret agenc
GONZA
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find the manga version of some old Harlequin old romance novel, the best way to go back in time a remember my adolescence when I thought that love was what they were talking about :)

Penso che queste versioni manga dei vecchi romanzi d'amore Harmony, siamo il modo perfetto per tornare indietro nel tempo alla mia adolescenza, quando pensavo davvero che l'amore fosse quello.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!
Myra Espino
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
First, I am a manga reader. But this one kind of did not work for me. Don't get me wrong, the story is ok but the illustrations of the characters is not so much. I find myself a bit lost in whose who sometimes. :'(
With regards to the story and the characters, they're interesting but somewhat fell flat. (Sorry) I was looking and expecting more in this book but kind of disappointed. :(
Ola Adamska
This read was ok... I had much bigger expectations for this title as the premise was really intriguing but this one, unfortunately, felt flat IMO.
The drawing was good and nicely done, but lack f connection and tension/relationship made me lose interest in characters.
Ash P Reads
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun and romantic read
Nay Denise
This has me intrigued. Little Henri was adorable. The romance on the realistic side. Good read.
Rebecca
rated it it was ok
Dec 17, 2018
Karen
Feb 20, 2017
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
Thanks to the publisher and netgalley for a free copy to review

This wasn't for me sadly. It started off really well and then it just lost my interest, the pace slowed too much and I got bored. I also found David to be patronising and took far too long for Paige to stand up for herself. The artwork , style and designs are really good and that's what makes me give this two stars rather than one . I wish I could say it was a good read, but it was nice to look at.
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Jo
Jun 05, 2019
Lisa
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant I loved this was a new to me author it was intriguing and did make me cry and laugh I enjoyed it and recommend reading it
Mai
Jun 05, 2019
E. (abookwormsnook Reviews )
Horrible plot, one-sided characters. Not even really a good pacing system was in place. I really wasted my time with this manga. And if you enjoyed it great! I really am happy for you.
BSandra83
Jun 14, 2019
J.D. DeHart
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance meets comics in this book. While the genre is not my interest, the medium is. Quality art meets a love story.
Isabella
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. Unlike other romances, here we have an apparently established couple about to get wed. However, the heroine feels uneasy about how her fiance keeps her away from his job until the day she finds out he's a secret agent. She then insists on helping him in his mission and they both discover sides of each other that turn their affection into stronger passion and love.
Vânia Valente
Nov 09, 2016
InformationSuperhero
rated it did not like it
Oct 18, 2018