Start by marking “Bound in Flames (Drachen Mates, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bound in Flames (Drachen Mates, #1)

Bound in Flames

(Drachen Mates #1)

Morgan Polley is an empath who helps people. When she meets Tor and his family of dying dragons, she wants to assist them in finding their mates. Except for Tor’s. She wants to keep him and make lots of babies with the big sexy man. It’s getting hard to remember her objective when her hormones go out of whack around him.

Tor Drachen is one of a handful of dragons left on e
Published November 18th 2016 by Latin Goddess Press Inc.

♔ Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔
description

This wasn't amazing and I don't remember much of this. But Meh. It was a friggin dragon-shifter book damnit.

*sigh*
description
*Dee's books!
A cute and sexy read! Loved this couple!
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Here's a dirty little secret.

I love well-written insta insta romances.
*flinches*

Don't give me that look, we all have our vices!

Anyway, good insta this was not.
Not particularly a good book either.

Around till about 50% of the book, I was so bored, I chose to go to bed early.
E.A.R.L.Y.
A book, made me want to sleep instead.
*shakes head disappointed*

The other half was cheap insta and a pace that was ridiculous and didn't really make sense.

So a bust of a first 2017 read. But i should have known and se
Leigh
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Bound in Flames was an ok read for me. I really liked the whole idea of the story. Bad dragons killing the mates of another dragon clan anytime a mate is found. Unfortunately it all fell flat for me. Everything was so rushed and while I don't usually mind insta everything this seemed to much for me. With that said I'm curious enough to try again and read the next brothers story.
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
I started backwards at 3 then worked my way up lol. So now I have the background. I'm glad I started at 3 because the books kept getting better. I mean I would have continued on with the series but I don't think I would have read them one after the other. Glad I did though because I'm totally hooked.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
Loved it of course! There is not much my Milly Taiden that I don't love. She rocks.
First book in new series, and its awesome.
Dragons= check
Sex=check
a little suspense= check
This book has a little bit more to the paranormal side, other than just a dragon shifter- but you will have to read it.
The story just draws you in, and you don't want to stop reading!
Hollie
I love this writer, and usually adore dragon shifter reads, but this one just fell flat for me. The characters never felt realistic to me. The story never pulled me in. It was just pretty "blah" from beginning to end for me. Not a series I will continue.
Berta
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku-reads
Yesssss! So excited this came on to KU!! Maybe it will get me out of my little reading slump.
Jeannette Weber
I would have finished this book in one sitting if I wasn't a mom of four, because it was a fast paced read and addicting. So it was hard to put down. It had a lot of laugh out loud moments, and teary eyed moments. So far my favorite dragon is Clatcher. Yummy.
I love the humor Milly uses in her books. It's very relatable. I can also see the world Milly's created in my mind, and when a book does that, you know it's amazing! I will be looking forward to reading the next book.
Jamies
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting new series

Kindle unlimited read*

Not sure what to expect with this new series. Definitely love the characters and have guesses on 1 or 2 couples but wish there was more story for the conflict to last a tad longer. It's good as is but a few more kidnappings or a the other brothers getting involved would've been nice too.
Bambi Fogleman
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh what a way to start a new series! I can not wait for the next book to come out. Milly Taiden has out done herself with this book. i mean dragons are hot but this one causes smoke and steams you right up. I loved the twist and turn and the sexy hot scene's that Ms. Taiden is know for. Grab the Ice water cause your going to need it. I absolutely can not wait for the next in this series!!!

“I don’t mind knowing you’ll be mine.” He ran his tongue over the seam of her lips. “But make no mistake, b
Nikki
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing new series, I can't wait for more!!! Tor Drachen is the oldest of the five known dragon shifters of their kind left on earth. For their species to survive they need to find mates, the problem is the evil black dragons (the noir) have somehow been getting to the human mates and killing them, which kills the dragon shifters, before the mating process is finished. Morgan is a human empath and thinks she's been enlisted by her emotionally distant mother to help the Drachen's find the ...more
Jodie Bivins
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
New series from Milly Taiden

This book of a new series is quite interesting. To know a mating bond mark is how you find out if they are your mate but it shows up at some point and until then you have no idea. Well what happens when an empath needs protecting and you know she will be one of the family's mate. There is also someone trying to kill her. Just dive into this new series you will not be disappointed
Listener
May 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was a fast-paced, light read. Sadly, I didn’t like it that much.
My main issue is with the hero.
Yes, a badly written one always ruins the entire book for me. There were things about him that just rubbed me the wrong way. Like (view spoiler)
WTF. Not cool. Not cool a
Tank
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute.

This was nice little short for a snowy lazy Monday. With a bit more character and story development this could have been great.
Carmski Pescod
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seriously great start to a new series. Loved it from the first page through to the last. It's definitely got the it factor.
Coral
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Plot: 4/5
Characterisation: 3/5
Writing Prose: 3/5
How much I enjoyed it: 3/5
L M
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Glad I read books 2 and 3 first. Series definitely improves.
Liked Morgan and how she used her talents, not sure why the discord had to be between her and her mother, never really made sense.
Tor was being the big brave man and not letting feelings come into his life due to being duped when he was younger. He then had insta lust/love for Morgan but fought it till the end.
Still feeling confused as to what and why Sylvana the witch was doing what she did. She didn’t want Tor to be happy,
Whispers From
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully sexy

Morgan is an empath and a child psychologist. She feels people’s pain. Her mother sends her with a dragon clan to help them find there mates. What she doesn’t know is she is a mate for one of them and her mother wants her protected. There are some out there that will kill the mates of the Drachen clan.
Tor is the head of the Drachen clan and has long given up on finding his mate. But his dragon and human side want Morgan. He gets to the point to where he doesn’t care if she’s not
Georgia Mathers
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic, romance, pnr, fun-read
Bound in Flames starts with a f*ck it attitude, but it ends with something else. This erotic romance took me to a place in which I felt at rest and comforted. It didn’t insult my intelligence, and it didn’t try too hard. It had that Goldilocks mark of approval. Let me explain why.

I tried to read this other erotic romance. I won’t name it, but …

If a character does something and then tells me that they want to do that thing that they’ve already done, it makes me want to throw the computer across t
Scarlett Ian
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Milly Taiden does it again - this book has heat that is off the charts. Morgan is an empath who has agreed to help Tor & he dragon brothers find their mates before the die. With them spending more and more time together, of course they realize the depth of their connection. Both Morgan & Tor just want someone to love them and build a family with; could it be they are fated to be together? Or are they just getting their hopes up?
When you read a Milly Taiden book, you expect hot sex, dirty
Lynn Thinking out loud
I've had this book since buying it when it was first released. I finally was able to get the time to read it. Morgan is a child psychologist. She is also an empath. She is told she needs to help find mates to the last of the Dragon race. What she doesn't know is that she is a mate to one of the dragons. Will they find out who her mate is before she is killed by the bad guys? Well buy the book and go find out.
Lolita Nettles
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every woman needs a Drachen in their lives

Tor and Morgan are a special couple. They are both fiercely loyal to their families and to helping others. Being an empathy of great proportions she feels the emotions and pain of not only humans but of animals too, including paranormals. After try to find mates for the dying breed of brothers she find her mate belonging with the one her heart has already been given to. Awesome read
Lekeisha
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fast paced read. I was drawn in by the characters and Milly's take on dragon shifters. The story did move pretty fast but I had no problem getting into the story and forming a connection with the characters. Morgan is an empath and is driven by helping others and Tor is putting his brothers' needs and happiness before his own.
The story has great romance and a little action. Can't wait to see what happens with the next brother.
Lory
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story

Very good read. Intense, fast paced, emotional. What bothered me about this book was Tor getting involved with Morgan even when he thought she could possibly be one of his brothers mate. Then he declares his love then pushes her away I was like really??? All the while saying you could be one of my brothers mate. It's was really frustrating. I'm just glad at the end everyone got the HEA they deserve.
Aimee
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story

It was a good story and had interesting characters. I liked that some paranormal aspects were commonplace. It made the 'there be dragons' reveal easier for the characters to accept. It was a quick read, shorter than I expected. Which made the story a bit easy on obstacles and enemies. I expected something meatier. Maybe we get more in the next book about the Noir dragons. I really wanted more of their story. Why they were doing the things they did besides evilness.
Erin
OMFG the narrator was awful. If you've ever seen The Family Guy, there is the snooty mcsnooterson who talks with such an underbite that you can barely understand him? (vaguely Mid Atlantic accent or North East Rich)? The narrator wandered in and out of that accent as well as occasionally bad British the entire length of the book. And forget the women's voices. Sigh. AWFUL.

Plot? Ehh... it was alright. But I was mostly just too distracted by the awful narration.
humphrey
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it

Writing 5 stars
Characters 4 stars
Story 2.75 stars
Overall 3.25 stars

It's a short fast read. I wish it had more details about how characters developed their relationship.

Ps. If I were the black dragon I would have attached from the glass window of the car instead of trying to rip the top open. --- These details made it less enjoyable. Overall, it's an OK reading.
Kathy Zuercher Diveley
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tor and Morgan

Morgan is an empath and is a counselor for children. Her Mother enlists the help of Dragon shifters to protect her, as she is one of the dragons ' mate. The black dragons are killing the other dragons mates. Her protecter, Tor falls in love with her, and she with him. They eliminate the enemy,and find that they are mates. Their happiness soon includes a son. Awesome paranormal romance. Loved this book !!!
Nancy Bodie
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very happy reader,

This is my first book by this author, will not be my last! I purchased to give it a try because it sounded interesting and it came in audio! The story is well written, the storyline moved at the perfect pace, enough detail to keep you engaged yet not bogged down with filler fluff. The characters are well rounded and very likeable. And worth mentioning again is that the whole series so far comes with a audio option!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please Correct Page Count 2 12 May 12, 2017 11:48AM

• Night Aberrations (Night Aberrations, #1)
  • The Dragon's Secret Bride (Dragon Secrets, #2)
  • What the Sleigh? (Paranormal Protection Agency, #8)
  • Spring Fever: Shifters in Love
  • The Dragons' Demon: A Dragon's Dream (Ethereal Foes, #1)
  • Wicked Dark Dragon (Dragon Heat, #3)
  • Hidden Dragons (Dragon Knights, #8)
  • Hot Wings (Paranormal Dating Agency; Aurora Champions, #2)
  • To Love a Highland Dragon (Dragon Lore, #2)
  • Last Minion Standing
  • Claimed by the Dragons (Alma Venus Shifter Brides, #3)
  • A Hot Piece Of Sass (Sassy Ever After)
  • Dark Universe (The Universe Series #2)
  • Kiss of Flame  (The Dragon's Virgin Tribute, #1)
  • Sugar Dragon: A Kinship Cove Fun & Flirty Romance
  • Dark Secrets (Dark, #2)
  • Ajax's Harpy Holiday (Dragonfin Mated #1)
  • Never Lose Your Flames
Milly Taiden (also writes as April Angel) was born in the prettiest part of the Caribbean (to her) known as the Dominican Republic. Currently, she resides in New York City with her husband, bossy young son and their little dog Speedy.

When she’s not working full-time, texting with her best friend Heidi in England, chastising her son for pulling the dog’s ears, shopping with her sister Jewel or watc

Drachen Mates (4 books)
  • Bound in Darkness (Drachen Mates, #2)
  • Bound in Eternity (Drachen Mates #3)
  • Bound in Ashes (Drachen Mates #4)
“How big are you?” He glanced at her, his brows slowly rising. It took her a second to realize how that question came across. Fire flamed her face. “I mean,” she gulped. “How tall are you?” He grinned, a wicked glint lighting in his gaze. “Big enough.” Oh” 0 likes
“You can tell me that. From what we’ve learned, if their mate mark shows up, they only have one week to find the female that is right for them and mate, or they lose control of their dragon and both mate and dragon die.” Morgan” 0 likes