Start by marking “Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Vol. 3

Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Vol. 3

(Spider-Man (2016) (Collected Editions) #3)

After his fateful encounter with Spider-Gwen, Miles' life is turned upside down - but he's not the only one! Now, Miles' mother, Rio Morales, finds herself faced with a very different world that she doesn't know and can't even begin to understand. How will she cope? Who can she turn to? What will she do now?!

COLLECTING: SPIDER-MAN 15-21
Published November 8th 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Spider-Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider-Man

Start your review of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Vol. 3
Sam Quixote
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
It’s time for another edition of Brian Bendis Attempts To Obliterate My Interest in Miles Morales! In (good grief) Volume 3, the increasingly uninspired writer finds the laziest pseudo-storylines on which to hang his copious amounts of uninteresting, soapy melodrama!

Miles’ freshly-resurrected Ma finds out (again, as she doesn’t remember her pre-death life) that her son is Spider-Man and her hubby’s a SHIELD agent… zzz... Bombshell thinks Miles fancies her because he beat up Hammerhead for hospi
Chad
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Miles's mom finds out he's Spider-Man and his dad is working for SHIELD. It allows for a ton of great character moments and that's where the book shines. The villains are almost incidental at this point. Miles loses it while fighting Hammerhead and is afraid he might kill someone someday. He also heads to Tokyo and runs across the Technogoblin. I loved when Gahnke calls himself Ned (A little shoutout to Gahnke's name being changed for Spider-Man: Homecoming.) and when Miles chases down the purse ...more
Scott
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it

While the previous installments were enjoyable (but not quite 'amazing' or 'spectacular' - I couldn't resist the Spidey wordplay) Vol. 3 kicks things up a notch with the violence and drama. One notable sequence has Spider-Man chasing a fleeing mugger into a nightclub - 'Romita's Bar & Grill,' a knowing tip of the hat to father / son Marvel Comics artists John Sr. and Jr. - and he proceeds to bash, thrash and trash the place into an eerie silence. Is he now swinging too close to 'the dar
Kristin
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Much better than the previous 2 volumes of the relaunch. Justin Ponsour is on art now and, except for giving women weirdly large foreheads, is a good fit.

Overall, it's a mixed bag of stories. Miles' mom has discovered her husband's and son's secret lives and both have to deal with the fallout. On top of that, Miles has to deal with growing pains and superhero self-doubt, Hammerhead has to take care of Spidey or Felicia will kick him to the curb, and both Bombshell and Goldballs get b-plots. The
Wing Kee
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really good and really bad.

World: The art is great, and also absolutely mind blowingly annoying. It's not very hard, we have google translate now, please for the love of God DO RESEARCH AND DON'T WRITE GIBBERISH ON STREET SIGNS IN JAPAN...it's not that hard. Don't be an ass, how would you feel if someone wrote in English and it was scribbles bullshit, it's 2018 by now it's offensive. The world building is great, this is a take two since Secret Wars and as much as I don't like Miles running arou
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
Set after the interdimensional adventure with Spider-Woman and the Civil War II event, Miles Morales and his father now share an intimate moment to discuss the importance of the truth and the pain that lies can cause. This ultimately pushes the narrative to focus around the relationship around multiple characters, including the one between Miles and his mother.

The story jumps around a bit too much too fast in this one, often feeling very choppy throughout the same chapter. There's a lot of incon
Frédéric
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, spidey
This volume is not particularly bad. But nothing much happens or what happens is off-kilter, so...

Miles' mom (supposedly dead pre-secret wars II, I never recovered from this lousy trick) discovers her son is Spider-Man and hubby is back into S.H.I.E.L.D stuff again. Here's where the strings come in... and here's where I start to count the pages left to end the book...

Bombshell thinks she's in love with Miles for dumb reasons. Ganke might finally have a girlfriend... Goldball, who might as well b
B. P. Rinehart
I felt like this was a decent prologue, but it was missing something. I want this book to succeed & I want this character to succeed. It seems that the writers at Marvel who use him are to hesitant to explore his full potential. I keep looking back at the Ultimate Comics days with a hard longing. I feel like Morales' potential was much better realized and acted upon then. I hope the next volume lets him have a true moment to shine and a well rewarded win. The teenage angst in this book was borin ...more
Grace
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely an improvement from the previous volume! (also I may have cried a few times because these characters are literally my life).
Shannon Appelcline
A strong volume of Miles Morales in large part because it focuses on character. We get great character moments for Miles, for his dad, for his mom, for Ganke, for Goldballs, and for Bombshell. It's terrific that Bendis has put together such a strong cast, and it's great to see them written so well and with such depth.

There's also some plot, and it's good enough. It's interesting to see Miles' own interactions with Hammerhead; Bendis is clearly enjoying having Miles in 616. The last two issues, w
Baba
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiderverse
A huge scrap with a classic Peter Parker foe sees him questioning what is he doing as 'Spider-Man'. Someone else finds out his true identity and it might just destroy his family! An ex-villain has a crush on him... oh, and he nips off to Japan.
More beautifully envisaged, well plotted, real adventures from the Bendis machine. In case you don't know I have always felt that Miles was/is the superior Spider-Man, and the recent Emmy winning movie is now a testament to that :)
8 out of 12, to the onl
Clara
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wanted to give parts of this 5 stars, and other parts 2 stars, so this is a very weird thing for me to rate. It brought up a lot of interesting questions, but there were parts of it I just couldn't take seriously. ...more
Kai Charles(Fiction State Of Mind)
Miles secrets are revealed and cause a rift in his family.
Ross Alon
Jul 06, 2020 rated it liked it
I remember enjoying it, but as in most of Bendis's stories (Alias and daredevil excluded), I cannot remember the plot, so 3 stars it is ...more
Sofia The Great
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, graphic-novels
I'm biased. I love spiderman and this was a really good story. ...more
Norman
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-comics
I loved it. I loved the Ganke and Miles conversation about Miles being a Spider-Man cover band. I wish the whole series could be Ganke and Miles, but I understand the need for auxilliary characters and storylines. It’s cool. It’s Spider-Man after all.
Rod Brown
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Time to go on a Bendis bender! (#6 of 8)

The first half of the book is pretty decent. I'm liking what Bendis is doing with Hammerhead, letting him appear in his various Marvel titles working with Black Cat and keeping him the bizarre throwback 50s mobster character that he was even in his original appearances in the Marvel Universe. Hammerhead is an effective villain in this volume, driving some changes for Miles and Bombshell.

But the second half of the book involves Miles taking a little Japanes
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read Spider-Man: Miles Morales Vol. 3 as single issues through the Marvel Unlimited app.

I was torn between rating this volume a 3 ½ or a 4. I’m sticking with 3 ½ for now, but I may cave and change it later. We’ll see.
Miles is back, and as per usual he seems to be getting himself into trouble. Okay, to be more accurate, this volume is mostly about consequences of the last volume (the one with him and Spider-Gwen). Well, mostly.

(view spoiler)
Dan
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really strong volume of an excellent comic book.

Miles and his father Jefferson return from their adventure in Earth-65 to find that Miles' mother Rio has discovered they have been lying to her- that Miles is Spider-Man and that Jefferson has returned to SHIELD. This leads onto to Miles questioning everything.

What I love about this book is how it manages to juggle so many balls. In this volume we have Rio's discovery of the lie and everyone's reaction to it, more machinations from Black Cat a
Craig
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've loved Miles Morales since he was first introduced and this volume continues the high level storytelling goodness. There are a lot of quiet scenes in the dorm, with Miles and Ganke (and Fabio/Goldballs) just talking and being friends, which are the things I like best about the book. With a bit of retconning, Miles' mother is still alive and in his life and she discovers his secret, and the accompanying lies both father/husband and son have been telling her for years. Miles fights Hammerhead ...more
Adam Fisher
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Peter Parker put on the black suit, we saw darker and evil thoughts coming from Spidey. That turned out to be the violent thoughts of the Venom Symbiote. Miles' suit has always been black. Is he under an alien influence when his thoughts begin to go dark and violent? The answer is no....
Miles's life has become slightly crazy and hectic. Coming off his adventure with Spider-Gwen, he has saved his father, his mother just found out he's Spider-Man, he still has problems with Black Cat, and he'
Dubzor
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Bendis continues to be the most inconsistent writer in Marvel's stable. This volume, while mostly good, has a lot of bad in it as well. The first two issues are the most egregious. Out of nowhere the writing and dialog becomes clunky and jumps from one thing to another elegantly. This culminates in an entire issue of dialogue that is mostly sentence fragments that make little to no sense. Almost like the whole thing was rushed out the door.

Story threads are left dangling for several issues after
Heather  D-G
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I first met Miles Morales in a Ms. Marvel collection, and I’ve been wanting to learn more about him. I’ve missed a lot of spider-people backstory, but only felt a little lost at the beginning of this volume. (Apparently, this is actually the third collection, so whoops!)
Miles is a teenager who, like the original Spider-Man, Peter Parker, receives his powers from a spider bite. That’s not in this collection, so I’m still not clear on the details. (Some backstory is revealed, however.) His Dad is
Chris Talbot-Heindl
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I think I have to be done with Bendis' treatment of this series. This is getting ridiculous. He makes Bombshell believe Miles is in love with her in a 80's-teeny-bopper-comedy style way. Ooh, he tried to take out Hammerhead, that means he loves me, giggle giggle. It's, frankly, insulting how Bendis thinks AFAB people act/think.

Oscar Bazaldua's treatment of the women in this volume is likewise horrible. If we wanted Barbie proportions (and legs that looks like they attach at the side of the hip j
Kyle Berk
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
There isn’t a very tight link to the issues collected in this book. But I like the way Bendis does things so I enjoyed the story telling. I’m curious as to what happened to his grandmother from the start of this relaunch, I may have forgotten something.

And I’ll say it again and again but I like Miles. I don’t think I’ll ever like him more than Peter but he’s a good character to have around. He’s interesting. And even a book with him where not a whole lot happens is still entertaining.

3 stars.
Danielle
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This volume had its highs and lows for me - on the one hand, I like that it's tackling how Miles' secret identity affects his family. It adds a lot to his story and I'm glad that is family is a part of his story, while it isn't for a lot of characters.

On the other hand, I didn't like the Japan arc. I thought it was kind of abruptly written and I wish it segued more with what was happening before it.

Since the next volume is the last in Bendis' run, I'm interested to see where Miles' story ends (f
Nadja
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5* Overall I really liked this volume. I thought the whole family story was interesting and well done because the reactions of the characters felt realistic and added some real emotional weight. I also enjoyed how Miles is questioning his role as Spider-Man. So overall I enjoyed the story and the characters and apart from a few choices I also liked the art. However I also felt like the whole story was kind of slow and there was a weird detour where Miles suddenly goes to Japan for no real reas ...more
Adam
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-volumes, 2017
Oh no! Momma Morales knows! After how many close calls, Miles’ mother has figured out that her son is actually Spider-Man; or one of them at least. This sets Miles on a path of destruction, and ultimately, restoration, and with the help of his best friend, Ganke, he starts thinking about whether or not to continue living this double life. Definitely the best volume of the series. Excited to see where the story is heading!
Matt
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Collects Spider-Man (2016) issues #15-21

This is heavy on the teen drama, but Bendis' writing is good enough that you can easily overlook some of the faults in the dialogue. Bendis' books usually have a combination of "this book is reading really fast" and "I want to see what's going to happen next." Because you can read his stuff so quickly, there is a satisfying aspect to devouring his works.

Final rating = 4.5 stars
Mitchell
There's a lot to like in this one and a little to be annoyed by. Miles sort of swings from side to side and does the wrong thing. But all the characters seem true to themselves if a little random. Including the ending which was abrupt and a lot random. I would like to see a better resolution on the Miles Bombshell relationship. I'm hoping that the Goldballs thing makes sense later. And perhaps the last page of the book won't have happened. 3.5 of 5. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Absolute Carnage
  • Absolute Carnage: Miles Morales
  • All-New, All-Different Avengers, Volume 3: Civil War II
  • All-New, All-Different Avengers, Volume 2: Family Business

Spider-Man (2016) (Collected Editions) (4 books)
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Vol. 1