Start by marking “Spider-Gwen, Vol. 3: Long-Distance” as Want to Read:
Spider-Gwen, Vol. 3: Long-Distance

Spider-Gwen, Vol. 3: Long-Distance

(Spider-Gwen (2015) (Collected Editions) #3)

Will Thanksgiving be a happy one for Spider-Gwen and friends? That very much depends on what crime lord Matt Murdock and his ninjas bring to dinner! It’s time for Gwen Stacy to stop running from Earth-65’s Kingpin of Crime — but Matt may have a thing or two to teach the budding Spider-Woman! Plus: The Mary Janes get loud, and Gwen spends some time with her ever-expanding s ...more
Published July 3rd 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Spider-Gwen, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider-Gwen, Vol. 3

Start your review of Spider-Gwen, Vol. 3: Long-Distance
Calista
I felt like this was a mess. The first few issues of the volume have a little something to do with the story being told and then it feels like the rest of the issues are like self contained stories, fairly silly. I don't understand.

One of them, we go to a parallel universe and meet Wolverine who is a girl (I don't get that). Girls should have their own identity, anyway. We also me a female Captain America.

I don't know, I didn't enjoy this volume much in the story. It could be a whole lot bette
Chad
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
Thin on actual content... or story. Honestly, the actual Spider-Gwen books (14-15 and the Annual) are entirely skippable. The Spider-Gwen Annual is complete garbage full of little throwaway stories with art that looks like a Marvel tryout. It's awful. The diamond in the rough here is the Wolverine Annual. (Of course it is, it's Tom Taylor!) X-23 and Gwen get involved in some Freaky Friday shennaigans. There's some truly funny moments here. Marcio Takara's art is always a delight as well.
Malum
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nothing happens in this volume and it was totally pointless. Gwen is such a neat character and yet they don't do anything cool with her. It's such a shame.
James DeSantis
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Eh...I'm having a hard time rating this series. I want to love it but this one is pretty meh.

So long-distance is really messy. It's only 4 issues long. The first two issues deal with pushing the storyline of the previous volumes forward. It's really Matt just being the kingpin and showing how much he knows and how weak Gwen is. Then got the annual which is little stories mushed together to show Gwen's origin. Last but not least got the story where Laura (Wolverine) and Spider-Gwen switch bodies
Sesana
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
Thin on content, but what is here is a good read.
Chris Lemmerman
[Read as single issues]
Collecting issues 14-15, Annual 1, and All-New Wolverine Annual 1, this is a little trade that is mostly placeholder stories between larger arcs, since Spider-Gwen is just out of the Weapon Of Choice arc and before the Sittin' In A Tree crossover with Miles Morales.

Instead, we get a Thanksgiving issue, a night-on-the-town issue, a story with Spider-Ham, and a story with Laura Kinney, all of which are...fine?

This is kind of the definition of a three star review; nothing ma
Wing Kee
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Didn't move the story forward but it was so fun!

World: The art s fantastic as always being super emo and also full of motion. The annual art and also the Wolverine issue was also fantastic. The world building here is fairly light this time around with only three actual issues that are a part of the series. The little that we get of Gwen and her current predicament are also holiday specials and I found that great.

Story: Small and contained and full of holiday charm. Not a lot happens here except
Frédéric
Sep 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics, spidey
Two standard issues treading water before the Miles Morales cross-over. The Spider-Gwen annual is a pure waste of time while the Gwen/Laura story is quite fun. But I’ve read it already in All-New Wolverine so...
Brendan
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Was not a fan of this book, just a jumbled mess of no storytelling. I tend to find this when I'm jumping onto the marvel side of the fence. They tend to mix their universes up a lot and this book is a prime example of what doesn't work. Not bad enough to not finish but who is reading this stuff?
Lindsay Heller
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
There were only two actual Spider-Gwen comics in this volume. Which was fine but there was a lot was a lot that felt superfluous. The switching minds with Wolverine (Laura version) was amusing though. Especially when Gwen stabbed herself in the face.
Nick
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5/5 - Filler volume. Rounding up because parts of this were fun.
Roxana Chirilă
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Well. So. This volume is a mess.

It contains two issues that are part of the normal Spider-Gwen stuff - Gwen's dad is in jail and she makes a pact with Matt Murdock, Kingpin of Crime, so he'll help her dad out. But the deal comes with strings attached.

Her Spider powers are still limited, on-and-off, needing to be triggered by a serum because of reasons, so that would add to the drama, but the series still feels like it's stumbling about uncertain about where it's headed.

The other two issues are
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 Stars.

Spider-Gwen: Long Distance is a bit odd for how it’s made up. It consists of two issues in the main Spider-Gwen series, as well as an annual for it, and then oddly enough an All-New Wolverine annual. Had I just been reading along (either on Marvel Unlimited, or reading it issue by issue as it came out), without looking into it at all, I would have entirely missed this fact. The issues are as follows: Spider-Gwen 14 and 15, followed by Spider-Gwen Annual #1, and then finally All-New
Nadja
There really just wasn't a lot in this volume, there were only two regular issues which I guess were fine but not to much happened. Really what I liked most about them was the evil Matt Murdock of Gwens world, I just think he's a really interesting character and one of the things I generally like most about Gwen's world is that we get to meet slightly different versions of well known Marvel characters. Apart from that the story really wasn't that interesting.

Then there were the two annuals and
Amélie
A tad too short for my liking. Only two issues, even though they do bring the story forward a little bit.

I really like evil!Matt, and even though I know it won't happen it would be great if he could make his way to the MCU somehow (come on, I'm sure Charlie Cox would do a great job making it work). Also still fond of the Parkers, even though I still get FEELINGS every time I see them.

Gwen's friendship with the other spider-women is precious and needs to be protected at all cost!

Finally, that Wol
Mitchell
Sigh. Marvel will print just about anything and I guess I'll read it. This one was kind of awful. No real story just little stupid vignettes some with bad art and others with worse art. I generally don't buy the only MJ and the Pussycats or whatever the group Gwen drums for is. But throw in Matt Murdock as the Kingpin and Gwen without powers ... It doesn't matter. This one was just not worth reading.
Marsha Altman
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, comics
No seriously how is everyone not reading this? Even the version of Daredevil is version than the actual canonical Daredevil run.
Lucie
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This one didn't really move the storyline forward, but I love reading about holidays in general, I adore Murdock and the art so there's that.
Rachel Meyer
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Another one of those mishmash comic books with no real story to it. I did like the one with Spider-Gwen and Wolverine though.
David Stewart
Jan 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is so bad. Not even the excellent page where Cap punches Trump can redeem this hot garbage.
Amy
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The bit with Wolverine was the best.
Nathan wilson
Jun 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Still a lot of fun but is progressing at a snails pace.
Christina Carter
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
It's the holiday season and Gwen Stacy has to spend this Thanksgiving without her Dad. He's incarcerated at the moment because he turned himself in for helping Spider-Woman. Gwen accepted Murdock's offer that her Dad had first declined but I'm not sure to what extent his expertise will help the Captain. Nothing more has yet been revealed as to his intent with Spider-Gwen other than the fact that his relationship with Ms. Moon granted him access to Gwen's Spidey power-ups (doses of radioactive is ...more
Danielle
Title: Spider-Gwen Vol. 3: Long Distance
Author: Jason Latour
Series: Spider-Gwen (2015), 3
Format: ebook
Length: N/A
Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: Will Thanksgiving be a happy one for Spider-Gwen and friends? That very much depends on what crime lord Matt Murdock and his ninjas bring to dinner! It’s time for Gwen Stacy to stop running from Earth-65’s Kingpin of Crime — but Matt may have a thing or two to teach the budding Spider-Woman! Plus: The Mary Janes get loud, and Gwen spends some time with her eve
Jeff
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I remember reading Vol. 2 of this title and feeling very confused. Later on I came to realize that this is most likely because the issues of SPIDER-GWEN contained therein were part of larger story arcs in other comics that I wasn't aware of.

Vol. 3 contains only two issues of the main comic and then a SG annual and an ALL NEW WOLVERINE annual.

The two main issues were OK and worked well enough that I felt I was basically back up to speed. I didn't understand the reason for the change in artist mi
Adam Fisher
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Come on Gwen... can we progress with the story a bit please?
Two stories at the beginning aren't important with the main storyline, only that Kingpin (Matt Murdock) figures out a way to create the serum for Gwen to be able to keep her powers. The following two issues, while full of laughs, feel like tack on. Even the body switching story (Gwen and Laura) at the end feels forced.
Only redeeming quality? Earth-65 has a M.O.D.A.A.K. (Mental Organism Designed As America's King)... and it looks like Do
The Fizza
A SOLID 3 STARS - Another step forward in the Saga of Spider-Woman [Gwen], if a little muddled... but that could be because part of this volume collects that year's Spider-Gwen Annual. The comic book Annual used to be something special in comics; a special event or story that uses the extra pages of the Annual to tell, unfortunately of late they have become, more-and-more, just an excuse to do an, often middling, non sequitur.

If the next volume of Spider-Gwen Annual moves the story forward on wh
Lesley
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels

Yas, Spider-Gwen, yas!!! I feel like this series is finally starting to find its footing and direction. I really like where the story is going, and now that things feel less... scattered, I'm really enjoying it. The only reason I'm docking a star is because I'm not a fan of some of the artists that randomly working on some of the issues. The art in this series is honestly some of my favourite out of any comic book series, and it always bothers me when a different artist steps in for a f
Matt
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Collects Spider-Gwen (2015B) issues #14-15, Spider-Gwen Annual #1 and All-New Wolverine Annual #1

There are only four issues in this collection, but they are all pretty good.

1 - There is a Thanksgiving-themed issue.

2 - There is a Christmas-themed issue.

3 - The Spider-Gwen Annual features a bunch of short stories about Spider-Gwen and her world.

4 - The All-New Wolverine Annual was a big surprise for me because it was my favorite issue of the collection. It featured a team up between the new Wolver
Jen
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This series can just not reach it’s potential. The first issues with Jessica Drew in this (Thanksgiving issues), the drawing was just AWFUL. TERRIBLE. WTF EVEN IS THIS ARTWORK?!?

The other issues with Jessica Drew were drawn better but she was basically barely in it.

So these stories aren’t very cohesive, or in chronological order. Also at one point it says something like ‘continued in Spider-Man Miles Morales’ but doesn’t actually include the continuing story. Which is just stupid because I don
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Spider-Woman: Shifting Gears, Volume 1: Baby Talk
  • Silk, Volume 3: The Clone Conspiracy
  • Spider-Geddon: Edge of Spider-Geddon
  • Spider-Woman: Shifting Gears, Volume 2: Civil War II

Spider-Gwen (2015) (Collected Editions) (7 books)
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 0: Most Wanted?
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 1: Greater Power